V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

Someone hit my car, they jumped into it...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: 2.8L V6
Transmission: 700R4
Someone hit my car, they jumped into it...

Ok I go to Virginia Tech and I was just out cruising around. Well I come down the main street in town and I am driving by a bunch of people waiting to get into the bars. Well as I drive by some guy jumps into my car, and I am like what the heck? I back into a street and get out to check my car. The police were all over and a ton of people saw what happened. The guy cracked my windshield, left a hand print on the windshield, dented my fender in front of the wheel and flattened the fender behind the wheel, smashed in my side view mirror, and made my antenna look like a boomerang. Wasn't something you really could avoid when someone throws themself into your car from the safety of the sidewalk. The police charged him with "impedance of the flow of traffic", not to mention he was also drinking but I don't think they charged him with that. Out of all the things to happen how weird. I just want to get it fixed and look back on how dumb this guy is. Anyways just thought someone would find this funny or interesting to read.
Old 03-15-2002, 05:42 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1991 Corvette Coupe
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4/4L60 same trans different name
sorry to hear that man

is your insurance covering this?
Old 03-15-2002, 07:10 AM

I don't think my insurance is paying it, his should. I'll find out today when I go to talk to my insurance agent.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:05 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Id sure take him to court if I were you .If his insurence did not pay , or he did not agree to pay anything to you . Sounds like he was smoking on something to lol . Thats wierd though .Sorry to hear about your car bro ! Atleast its fixable .
Old 03-15-2002, 08:37 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 13 Ram 1500/ 78 Formy
Engine: 5.7 / 7.4
Transmission: 6sp / TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.55 posi / 3.23
How big was this guy? Take his a$$ to Judge Joe Brown & let him lay the smackdown on his a$$, be-yotch!
Old 03-15-2002, 10:43 AM

Car: 1984 Camaro
Engine: V6
Transmission: 700 R4
Maybe the guy has been watching that one NASCAR commercial were the jogger jumps in front of an oncomming car to make him lock up his brakes so he can smell the burnt tire on the road. It is just that this guy being drunk made his timing off a little so he jumped into the side of your car.

I am not making lite of your problems it is just that while reading your post this was the first thing I thought of.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:44 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1995 Z28
Engine: LT1
Transmission: Built 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.23's - Limited Slip
By the amount of damage done I would say this guy was Mr. T lol did you forget to comb your mo-hawk. That has to be one of the funniest oddest things I've heard in a long time.

Hope someones insurance pays for it. If it was my insurance that had to pay I would do the work myself cause being Male sucks when it comes to insurance.

Get this my casual on my parents vehicles a year is 641 I've had insurance for 3 years casual and 2 years on my own car. My sister who just started driving pays 181... I am like WTF?

Oh well.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:46 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
I'm glad that other people saw what happened. You could've been screwed if it happened on some deserted side street; the guy could've lied and said you hit him! Keep us posted on the repairs!
Old 03-15-2002, 11:53 AM

The estimate I got was $1062.91 for the damage. Also the damage ripped the NEW weatherstripping I installed not more than 2 weeks ago which pisses me off. They said they have to repaint the front fender and door possibly. It was funny the guy at the body shop needed my VIN and I was like I have it and I rattled it off by memory. The guy was like what the heck? That was funny. Anyways I just would like to get it fixed soon, now I just have to wait for his insurance company to contact me.

By the way, the thing about that Nascar commercial. My brother said the same exact thing to me, I thought maybe that was him who posted it. Talk about weird things though, my brother has a 99 Z28 and within 6 months of him having the car 2 people hit him, and both were not his fault. Actually I was hoping he would have damaged the hood, cause then they would repaint that, and my car needs it. I'll settle for just back to normal. I have a picture attached but it's not of what was damaged, it's just the car. Although the cops and the body shop got digital pictures of it all. The guy's hand print is on my window if that tells you anything, besides him being a moron.
Attached Thumbnails Someone hit my car, they jumped into it...-camaro1.jpg  
Old 03-15-2002, 09:32 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Project: 85 2.8 bird
How big was this guy? Take his a$$ to Judge Joe Brown & let him lay the smackdown on his a$$, be-yotch!
Take him to Judge Judy , She will really lay the smack down !
Old 03-15-2002, 09:36 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by JoshDT91
The estimate I got was $1062.91 for the damage. Also the damage ripped the NEW weatherstripping I installed not more than 2 weeks ago which pisses me off. They said they have to repaint the front fender and door possibly. It was funny the guy at the body shop needed my VIN and I was like I have it and I rattled it off by memory. The guy was like what the heck? That was funny. Anyways I just would like to get it fixed soon, now I just have to wait for his insurance company to contact me.

By the way, the thing about that Nascar commercial. My brother said the same exact thing to me, I thought maybe that was him who posted it. Talk about weird things though, my brother has a 99 Z28 and within 6 months of him having the car 2 people hit him, and both were not his fault. Actually I was hoping he would have damaged the hood, cause then they would repaint that, and my car needs it. I'll settle for just back to normal. I have a picture attached but it's not of what was damaged, it's just the car. Although the cops and the body shop got digital pictures of it all. The guy's hand print is on my window if that tells you anything, besides him being a moron.
Sounds like fat Albert ran out in front of you ! Good Lord man ! Atleast his insurence company is paying . Id like to see the claim report on that LoL . Wonder what they titled it
Old 03-16-2002, 10:55 PM

jump out man

Yo...i so saw the cops all over the place after the guy jumped into your car...haha how ironic. sorry to hear. really sucks. a few friends and i drove by it, we couldnt figure out what had happend but it looked pretty busy with all the copper's lights and such. but now i know and can tell the peeps i was with the details.
Old 03-17-2002, 09:19 AM

I guess you're a student then at Tech? The guy was lucky though, I mean he could have been seriously hurt if there was another car behind me. Luckily nobody was behind me so he's ok as far as I know. He refused medical treatment so I assume he's ok, maybe he's got some bruises or something. I don't think I want to drive down Main St. in front of Preston's anymore unless they cage the animals on the sidewalk.
Old 03-23-2002, 12:05 PM

It's been over a week and the other guy has not contacted me so I went through my insurance to get my car fixed. It'll be fixed sometime next week. The insurance company said as soon as they make a payment on my claim they are going to go after this guy. Hopefully I will get my deductible sooner or later.
Old 03-24-2002, 11:28 AM

kind of off topic, but it relates to Morons recking ur car (or trying to in my case.)

I was driving in San Diego and i was at a light in Escondido and some ppl my age (17) were moving irradically inside thier car. I looked over at thier car and they yelled out Spunkball....

They through a bottle i presume was filled with gas and overthrough me. Luckily i was on the right hand lane cuz it blew up on the swidewalk. I drove straight out of the street, onto the freeway and back home.

Ironically, i check my mail the next day and my friend forwards a msg saying to close ur windows at lights becasue thier are teenagers throwing "cocktails" and ppl with unrolled windows and yelling out Spunkball.

Is that gayish or what!?
Old 03-24-2002, 02:42 PM

Shoot, I would have chased those punks while calling the cops on my cell phone if I could. At the least I would have got their license plate number. You'd think kids might have something better to do don't you think? By this situation I guess not, one word though, MORONS.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:43 PM

Ahhh I am getting the car repaired this week. I got a rental car, and it's a Dodge Stratus, ehhh I need my car back. Hopefully this place will do a good job and I won't need to bring the thing back again. It will be nice to have the car all nice and not damaged again.
Old 04-15-2002, 01:38 AM
Supreme Member

Location: First one out of liberty city, burn it to the ground
You should have gone through hertz and gotten a jaguar s-type... Well.. i guess having a stepdad whos regional manager for hertz has its advantages
Old 04-17-2002, 11:24 AM

UPDATE

Well I went to court today for the guy jumping into me. The guy claims it was half my fault and half his. He asked the officer some questions like, If it was 2pm and I was not drinking and I stepped out into the street would it be impeding the flow of trafffic? The police officer said, yes if you stopped trafffic. Then the guy asked if the officer had not ever stepped into the street to check for traffic? The officer said no he had not, and usually he sticks his head out. The thing is, the guy was not checking for traffic, he was jumping into my car. Then he claims that if he did hit my fender he would be more seriously hurt, well too bad he did hit it. Afterall, how could he tell what he hit first when his back was to my car when he jumped into the street? I told the judge that I was close to the curb sure, but well within my rights to be driving there. I said the street is for cars, and the crosswalks for pedestrians. The guy was trying to say I shouldn't have been driving so close to the curb. I wanted to go ballistic, but I just kept to myself till the judge asked to talk to me. The judge found him guilty and didn't give him any fines or punishment, just basically told him not to do anything bad for 6 months. The judge told me the outcome did not affect me being paid for damages incurred. So I went to talk to the insurance company and they basically said they will have to take him to court. It should get interesting.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:23 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
At least the judge was in your favor. Did the police report say anything about the guy? Glad to see that this guy "lost his head" in court, and not you.

Good thing the insurance company is going to chase the guy down, and not you. They'll have much bigger resources than any of us could hope to have! Keep us posted, and let us know how the car looks when you get it back!
Old 04-17-2002, 08:09 PM

The accident report said he was engaging in horseplay on the sidewalk. The officer said in court that he believed part of the reason that he did what he did was to blame on alcohol even though he was not legally drunk. I got the car back last week Wednesday. It looks good, and I was satisfied pretty much except for the weatherstripping work on the right side. It looks like they bent up the channel for the weatherstripping in parts which ticked me off. I asked the guy where they got the strip from and he said GM, and said he could show me the ticket, the GM stuff is crap. I ordered weatherstripping from www.weatherstripspecial.com before the accident and they sent me stuff made by a company called Metro, that stuff is great. So I got one side that is completely silent. The guys at the body shop did not remove the old adhesive and didn't even glue the strip back in the channel. I went outside today and used the adhesive I had and positioned it more smoothly into the channel so hopefully it will not make any sound. State Farm told me if I wasn't satisfied with any part of the work I could have them redo it, but I figured the why make the hassle of giving up my car for a day or so to have them fix weatherstripping. I need to go out driving later to see if the work I did on it made the wind noise go away.

The guy in court though was rather arragant and made me really want to go nuts like they do on TV. I just kept my mouth shut and only talked when I was asked. The agent at State Farm seems to think that it should be no problem to sue him, especially since he was found guilty and I was not charged with anything. I think it's rather funny how the kid thinks I was half negligent when I wasn't charged with a thing. I cannot tell you how many people in that court pled not guilty to speeding. One kid played 20 questions with the officer about his radar and saying that he couldn't make sure it was his car that was speeding etc. The judge eventually was like get out you're guilty next. Some girls came in and were charged with underage possession of alcohol, and the judge said this, the party is over girls, and said they were guilty, that was hilarious. One guy was going 92 in a 55 zone in his rice car, he said he was speeding cause someone was tailgating him, again I laughed. His fine wasn't so funny, $900 but $200 was suspended, that was crazy.

Anyways back to the car, everything looks good and the paint matches great, I just could use a nice complete paint job =)

By the way, anyone want to read about Mustangs blowing up? Go here http://www.bonforums.com/mustang_safety/fuelintegrity/ It's rather scary if you own a Mustang.
Old 04-24-2002, 10:12 AM

I am so frustrated. I discover this week that the body shop has made to errors to tick me off. Not only did they not notice that the triangle filler piece in the corner of the window was broken, but they did not align the side view mirror correctly. So now I gotta get all this straightened out and possibly get another rental car from the insurance, it never seems to end. The body shop is in the process of getting another triangle filler piece, but now I need to get them to fix the mirror too.
Old 04-27-2002, 10:48 PM

Josh, i go to Tech also! Never seen ur car around though... too bad i cant have mine here...

Hope it all works out.
Old 04-28-2002, 12:58 AM

Why can't you have your car at school?
Old 04-28-2002, 01:06 AM

its pretty much all parents.... but, i live in Long Island, driving 530 miles down here and back, and just around here, is just tooo many miles for me... i only have 60k on the car and i'd like to keep it low.

What year are u?
Old 04-28-2002, 09:33 AM

I'm a junior, I only have about 150,600 miles on mine
Old 04-28-2002, 01:26 PM

haha... enjoy the car man....