V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

Need help identifying some brackets please

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 02:26 PM

Car: 88 Camaro
Engine: 2.8l
Transmission: T5
Need help identifying some brackets please

My car is an 88 camaro 2.8 v6. A couple of these may belong to a 94 3.4l. After a death in my family My project was suspended n things got shuffled around so now I'm uncertain about a few things. I've spent alot of time looking at pictures online but there aren't many in depth pictures of the engines out there. Would be very grateful for any help identifying these parts and their mounting locations.

Old Yesterday | 02:52 PM

Car: ‘87 Base Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Re: Need help identifying some brackets please

Originally Posted by MadnessHero
My car is an 88 camaro 2.8 v6. A couple of these may belong to a 94 3.4l. After a death in my family My project was suspended n things got shuffled around so now I'm uncertain about a few things. I've spent alot of time looking at pictures online but there aren't many in depth pictures of the engines out there. Would be very grateful for any help identifying these parts and their mounting locations.

I’ll check for more later, but I can tell you for sure this bracket pictured is the alternator bracket. The single hole goes on the alternator and the bottom two go on to the exhaust manifold. Let me see if I have a good picture handy.
The following users liked this post:
MadnessHero (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 03:37 PM
Supreme Member
10 Year Member

Car: 1989 Firebird

This one that your holding for certain goes from the back of the power steering pump (the two holes on the lower right hand side of the pic) to the exhaust manifold & to the block (the two holes on the LH side of the pic)

Last edited by OrangeBird; Yesterday at 03:45 PM. Reason: clarify my point.....
MadnessHero (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by KITT87
I’ll check for more later, but I can tell you for sure this bracket pictured is the alternator bracket. The single hole goes on the alternator and the bottom two go on to the exhaust manifold. Let me see if I have a good picture handy.
Thanks a bunch, been racking my brain for a while now. Once I have my engine assembled I think I will make a little photo gallery of the brackets and engine from a bunch of angles in case it helps anyone else out 🙂
Old Yesterday | 03:52 PM

Tyvm OrangeBird. I really appreciate the way u clearly explained the mounting location. I had a feeling it was somewhere on the driverside. Ur a boss!
OrangeBird (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 06:48 PM
Supreme Member
10 Year Member

Car: 1989 Firebird

I'm happy to help, and I'm sorry that other than the alternator bracket that KITT87 identified, I don't know where the other smaller brackets go.

One other thing I can tell ya for certain is that the back of the power steering pump bracket IS absolutely needed, if it's not in place the aluminum front power steering bracket breaks,

as in these very unhappy pics;

(And then ya better be DAMN good at welding aluminium, lemme tell ya, welding beer can metal sucks )