V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

$h*t Happens

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 01:28 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 13 Ram 1500/ 78 Formy
Engine: 5.7 / 7.4
Transmission: 6sp / TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.55 posi / 3.23
$h*t Happens

the engine rebuild plan has been put on hold. The blazers' alt decided to put out only 48 of 105 avail amps. gee, wonder why it had probs starting. had to return both gasket sets, head bolts, pretty much everything i had to fix up the bird. evn with my AZ discount,(20%), I only came out of it with $1.29 left over.

ok, tech question:
i plan to block off the egr inlet on the uper intake w/jb weld. any bbody ever do this? I also plan to blbock off th eegr tube at the egr so it wont melt the jb weld. also plan to remove v-cover caps & put in breathers. I belive this will keep the intake clean, and make sure any port/polish of the intakes will last.

------------------
$150.00 2.8 Auto.
Blown Head Gasket.
turbo has arrived, but put on hold (4 now)
working on dismantling engine, & finding out what parts I need (and Really want)
Old 10-29-2001, 08:37 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that is pretty $hi*y !

I have heard that the egr valve cools temps in the combustion chambers and without it you can get holes burned in your pistons .It also makes for easy start-ups and to keep your car from dieing at idle . ALTHOUGH , neither may happen . Just something to think about . Do you wanna chance it ? ...I dont know what I would do either man ...But just thought Id let you know . .......*** Bless America ...Wayne
Old 10-29-2001, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im sorry to hear you had to return everything man

------------------

-------------------------
87 V6 2.8 MPFI Camaro SC
-------------------------
Modded dual snorkle intake "bottoms hacked off", K&N air filters, Crane Cams 8.5mm fire wire, Accel Cap and Rotor, MSDcoil. upcoming mods:
Dynomax CatBack exaust system = VERY SOON
crane cams camp shaft, CC roller rockers, double timing chain
Old 10-29-2001, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I, too, want to ditch EGR... all that **** in the intake blows *** ... I want cleanliness damnit..! Lemme know how it goes...