V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

Sad, sick

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 11:25 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AND IT INSPIRES ALOT OF US TO WANT TO PREVENT THE WORST, THAT CAN BE TOUGHT.
We MUST ACT STRONG, not run scared.
Cold wars suck, because the enemy is anywhere.
This happened during the 50's and it must not be allowed to return again. BUT, we must be wiser to open our eyes more. AND KEEP THEM OPEN.

------------------
Chat Soon,
KED85
Karl
1985 Firebird 2.8 to 3.4 swap project for Smog Happy LA, CA
Old 09-12-2001, 12:06 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1983 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 400HP 350
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42
G.O.D. bless america land that I love,
Stand beside her and guide her,
Through the night with the light from above,
From the mountains, to the praries, to the ocean white this foam,
G.O.D. bless america my home sweet home,
G.O.D. bless america my home sweet home.

------------------
Chevy 2.8L 60° V6
Mods:
?K&N Filter Lid
?87 Formula Hood
?Bosch Platinum +4
?Hi-Flo CatCo CAT
?Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler
?83 Trans Am 15x7 Turbo Fin Wheels
?B.F.Goodrich Radial T/A 225/60-15
?Chevy 2.8L Heddman Headers (Going on soon)

Aol instant messenger: FIREAM

http://www.geocities.com/fiream/RobsCarArtPa.html?994187591828
Old 09-12-2001, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Formula
Engine: L98
Transmission: A4
I had just gotten into the formula and was crusing home when I turned on the radio and heard the horrible news.

It still doesnt seem like it is possible for something like this to happen in this country. I can't believe it.
But then, all I have to do is turn on the radio.....
My prayers are with the people of new york, DC, and all the others who were personally affected. They are also with our President and his advisors, that they would make the right choices in the near future concerning the events. A rash descision could mean the next world war. A wise one could mean a quick blow only to those responsible for this act. I am hoping and praying that they not only look to the situation for the answer, but also to the Father.

There aren't words to express my sympathy, nor to express my anger.
There was no way to know that this would happen.
I still believe that this nation will remain "one nation under G0D". And liberty and democracy will survive.

G0D bless America, and G0D bless the victims of this horrible event.

Sincerly,
Daniel W

------------------
http://kiztope.50megs.com
92 Pontiac Firebird Formula 5.7/A4
K&N, nothing else yet!

92 Rs 3.1/T-5
Beautiful car, several mods, but now I am turning attention to the 'bird!

AIM : Theonekiztope

"Maybe one day life will take a turn. When it does Lean into it!" Leon Calrinsky (98)
Old 09-12-2001, 05:29 PM

My father was headed to Fort Hood, Texas on military business, and just as he arrived at Newark airport, he got to witness this event... he said it was organized chaos, pandemonium... people were pulled off the Turnpike to watch the event unfold...

They pulled up, and saw the first one burning and saw the chaos... the second plane crashed... his driver turned to him and said, "What do you wanna do?", "Get the hell outta here", and they turned and headed back...

I was in an assembly in school discussing the new school year when it happend, and watched the rest of it unfold on television for the rest of the day...

Those mother f'ckers need to pay... if we do anything short of bombing the h'll out of those responsible, I'll be one ashamed American...

------------------
1985 Camaro SC - 2.8L, auto.

http://www.xenodrgn.f2s.com/Frontright.jpg
Old 09-12-2001, 05:40 PM

Car: 1987 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: BW 9 Bolt 3:27
First i would like to say thank you to all fellow americans and thirdgen owners for their support. My heart goes out to all victims in this terrible tragedy. I live about a half hour from the city and many of my friends and relatives have been affected by this. My uncle works in the WTC and was in the tower #2 when the first plane hit tower #1. He was on the 10th floor and had 18 minutes to get out before the second jet drove into the side of tower #2. He was covered in ash and has lost a family friend who was working on the 100th floor. Many of my classmates have parents that work in the city because the commute is so short and they are suffering also. A girl has lost both her parents and a sophomore boy hasnt heard from his father yet. I also have a friend whose dad is the pres. of a major bus. near the towers and saw the second jet fly about 500 feet from his window and smash into tower #2. As you can guess this attack on freedom has hit the tri state area and the nation as a whole very hard...Thank you and *** bless.
Tom
Old 09-12-2001, 10:26 PM

Car: 1986 Firebird, 2000 WS6
Engine: 2.8, LS1
Transmission: 700R4, T-56
Axle/Gears: Stock, Stock
Project: 85 2.8 bird... I see you are in the military. I have a question. I see that you have some free time. Is it hard to keep in touch with friends/family? I see that you have access to this site and it maked me feel a little better. I take it you are near Wrigh-Patterson being in the Air Force and all. I think my recruiter takes us DEP guys there once in a while. I may be arounf up there. I'm not all that far away.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:00 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Monkie:
-Nostradamus, 1654
</font>
He was also wrong in over 80% of his predictions..... But interesting co-incedence, NTL.

There is only ONE source.............

BW

------------------
Bobalos
www.r71camaro.homestead.com
r71chevy@earthlink.net
&lt;&gt;&lt;
Old 09-13-2001, 06:21 AM

Car: Firebird
Engine: 3.1 L
Transmission: auto
I paste this from a website.http://wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us/~btcarrol/skeptic/nostrada.html
Nostradamus (1503-1566)
Centuries I, Quatrain 78:
"D'vn Chef vieillard naiƒtra ƒens hebet¸, Degenerant par ƒ³auoir & par armes."*
("To an old leader will be born an idiot heir, weak both in knowledge and in war.") I. 78.* (Some ungenerous souls think this quatrain refers to two birds named Bush solely because the younger Bush has a bit of trouble with the language. Codswallop!)

"The devil can cite Scripture to his purpose...." - Antonio, in the Merchant of Venice by W. Shakespeare*

Michel Nostradamus was a 16th century French physician and astrologer. His modern followers see him as a prophet. His prophecies have a magical quality for those who study them: they are muddled and obscure before the predicted event, but become crystal clear after the event has occurred.

Nostradamus wrote four-line verses (quatrains) in groups of 100 (Centuries). Skeptics consider the "prophecies" of Nostradamus to be mainly gibberish.
Old 09-13-2001, 07:27 AM
Supreme Member

Car: '10 Subaru Forester
Engine: 2.5 Boxer
Transmission: 4EAT
Axle/Gears: 4.44
Has anybody noticed that that quote is dated 1654? Isn't that a little fishy since nostradamus was dead 88 years before that?

[This message has been edited by ChillPhatCat (edited September 13, 2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 11:34 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
My girlfriend, a friend, and I went down to Cliffwood Beach (on rt. 35 in NJ) Tuesday night, around 3:30 am. Usually you can see the skyline lit up in brilliance; not that night. We could see (and smell) the large cloud of smoke hanging over Manhattan. It looked like a large black storm cloud... and I guess you could say that it was. We could see the hole in the skyline, and where the towers were, the sky had a reddish/orangish tint to it- probably from all the emergency vehicles in the area.

You can visit http://www.z100.com for a zoomable "live cam" of the terrorist attack's Ground Zero.

------------------
-Tom P (Hot rodded 1986 Firebird 2.8l)
Old 09-13-2001, 12:51 PM
Supreme Member

5, we have found 5 firefighter alive,Bless them and there familys lord,Amen

------------------
Chevy 2.8L 60° V6
Mods:
?K&N Filter Lid
?87 Formula Hood
?Bosch Platinum +4
?Hi-Flo CatCo CAT

Old 09-13-2001, 01:28 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 13 Ram 1500/ 78 Formy
Engine: 5.7 / 7.4
Transmission: 6sp / TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.55 posi / 3.23
Black 86 'bird, I get to hop on the web when I get the chance, i.e.. I have the cell phone with me so I can be contacted if neccessary while on the web. my dad said it took hm to get home from crystal city 6 hrs on tues. he works about 1/2 mile from the pentagon. scary thing is that, having lived there myself for 2 yrs, the plane had to fly over his building & multiple appartment complexes in that area.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:54 PM
Supreme Member

Yea, I know Crystal City myself. Having worked there, too.
I know what it's like in DC with the extremely low flying planes.
Compound that with military stuff.
I was there in teh 70's/1980. I can imagine what been happening wiht air traffic now days.

I heard that too, about the 5 guys found. There is a still a sliver of hope.

I can tell you I know some stuff about LA, & LAX. Some real scary stuff, too.
We were intended for some terrorist action. They found some just cause.

Like I said, it's everywhere.

------------------
Chat Soon,
KED85
Karl
Old 09-13-2001, 07:18 PM
TGO Supporter

Engine: 5.7L V8
That Nostradmous quote is a hoax, someone made it up to illustrate how vague predictions can be and how people will make them fit events that already happened. It's as bad as beleiving in horoscopes and fortune cookies (but they are fun).
Old 09-13-2001, 09:16 PM
Supreme Member

Location: First one out of liberty city, burn it to the ground

------------------
1989 Firebird. Modded.
700r4--&gt;t5 w/ram clutch
Cold air, 1.6 rockers, 21lb injectors, 3" y-pipe, random tech cat, 3" ipipe, flowmaster 80 series 3" in 3" out hand made stainless tips, Lakewood LCA's, Msd 6a, Msd coil, Wonder Bar, 180* stat,
Coming Soon: T/a hood, Painted,Spohn Panhard Bar, 4thgen Front Seats, Cam!, Msd 8.5 wires, Posi (ACCEL IS CRAP)
"I'd rather run last in a full out race, than to NOT have run at all"
See my car Here!
In Memory of #3 Dale Earnhardt
Old 09-14-2001, 08:58 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 13 Ram 1500/ 78 Formy
Engine: 5.7 / 7.4
Transmission: 6sp / TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.55 posi / 3.23
http://www.castlemountains.com/postc...12tribute.html

nice
Old 09-14-2001, 09:38 AM

It suprises me that so many passengers couldnt take down just a few terrorists. They've got knives, oooo, thats real badass. One plane missed the target, I'm hopin that somebody decided not to be a wussy and did something, instead of puttin their head inbetween their legs & kissin their *** goodbye. If your gonna die anyway, you might as well try to make a difference.
What happend to these "flight marshals" that they used to have? Oh yeah, we dont need people with guns on the plane, excuse me, but whos kickin themselves in the *** now?
Also, to down a big *** jet, all you've gotta do is cut the engines, you'll never have a chance in hell of re-starting them or gaining control. Jets dont glide, the fly by power.
Old 09-14-2001, 10:09 AM
Supreme Member

Okay, first off your message lacks some taste. Jets can glide, but not well, or were they inteneded to be gliders. Look at the shuttle for example. It glides in and jsut liek the shuttle you can safly landa jumbo jet without power under ideal conditions. Look in flight training manuals and ask any pilot. Yes it may have only been knives, but they had no idea they were going to ram into a tower or the pentagon. Do you think the terrorist would say, okay, we are going to kill you all by raminging this plane into a building. No, they may have done nothing hoping they would be safely let out when our government bargined for them. Yes it is only knives but the plane could have been old people or women. Rumor has it they beheaded one person in a plane so the shock may have scared the rest.

This needs ot be locked now before any more posts like his get on here. Plus this is not a site that needs to have us adress such issues and this whole thing is out of topic and taste.
Old 09-14-2001, 11:01 AM
Supreme Member

The plane that crashed in PA was FULL OF HEROS THAT OVERTOOK THE HIJACKERS. It was crashed as they knew something was beyond an ordinary hijacking.
The other planes, it was to rapid an assault to respond. PLUS the planes, themselves, cut off any signals to ground control to have any true action taken. The ones that controlled the planes crashing at the WTC knew what they were doing. THEY OVERTOOK THE CONTROLS and were in control. AND HAD BACK UP HELPERS TO FEND OFF OTHERS TRYING TO REGAIN CONTROL.

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT MANY DIED AS WIMPS.

Today is a day of remberence for every victim.

LET EVERY VICTIM BE HONORED IN YOUR SILENT THOUGHTS AS A HERO THAT DIED FOR OUR COUNTRY.

Don't let those AMERICAN die without a silent thought.

The enemy is all around us. I know they are here in Los Angeles.
Our jobs are now to be very wary of unusual actions by some.
How do you know?
Just keep your eyes open from now on.

I watched an interview with the guy that trained the ones that controlled the planes at the flight school in Florida. He hadn't a true clue what their intentions were. Nothing really raised his curiosity. He was paid and they were politly silent. He felt that action was part of their upbringing of their country.

How do you think that flight instructor feels, now?
He was only doing what he was paid to do, train someone.
What about the ticket takers at the airport that day? The security people?
Alot of these others, must feel awful. And those are scars that will never leave them. They had a chance, but they didn't know.

HOW CAN ANY OF US, HERE, SAY THEY WOULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING DIFFERENT?

I started this thread to let our voices & statements of sorrow, be heard, UNITED AS CITIZENS OF A VERY WONDERFUL NATION CALLED THE UNTIED STATES OF AMERICA.

Today is that one chance to say that, silently. However you see fit, to say good bye to our fallen AMERICAN HEROS. These people died FOR US.

Ya wanna do something?

Give Blood.

I know several people personally touched by this event. They lost someone. Forever.

------------------
Chat Soon,
KED85
Karl
Old 09-14-2001, 11:12 AM
Supreme Member

well said

------------------
Chevy 2.8L 60° V6
Mods:
?K&N Filter Lid
?87 Formula Hood
?Bosch Platinum +4
?Hi-Flo CatCo CAT

Old 09-14-2001, 11:19 AM
Supreme Member

Thanks.
It just riles me up, some responses, how ever well inteneded.
I sat in a doctors office, yesterday, reading about the the passengers of the PA flight.
I had tears in my eyes, reading about their heroic efforts to save the world.
Ya just DON'T KNOW, unless you were there or received a final call from a loved one, as several did, seconds before, they died, for us.

------------------
Chat Soon,
KED85
Karl
Old 09-14-2001, 12:32 PM
Supreme Member

As far as i've heard, nobody on the plane was told what was happening (that they were heading for key targets). If I was told "you're now hijacked", I also would've sat, waited, and tried not to get myself killed; figuring that the hijackers would get their $$ (or whatever they wanted), and leave the passengers alone.

------------------
Old 09-14-2001, 03:12 PM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KED85:
Ya wanna do something?

Give Blood.
</font>
There's also donations to the Red Cross, Salvation Army, and the New York Firefighter's funds. Find 'em on the top of http://www.yahoo.com 's page.

------------------
Old 09-14-2001, 06:21 PM

Very Well Put!!!! It was a sad and tragic event!! The true heroes are all the ones that died on that horrible day!! And more heroes are still in New York & Washington & PA, the ones that are trying to give the families and friends closure..... It could have been you or me!! Let's have faith, and pray for more survivors.... AND JUSTICE!!!
G O D BLESS AMERICA!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KED85:
The plane that crashed in PA was FULL OF HEROS THAT OVERTOOK THE HIJACKERS. It was crashed as they knew something was beyond an ordinary hijacking.
The other planes, it was to rapid an assault to respond. PLUS the planes, themselves, cut off any signals to ground control to have any true action taken. The ones that controlled the planes crashing at the WTC knew what they were doing. THEY OVERTOOK THE CONTROLS and were in control. AND HAD BACK UP HELPERS TO FEND OFF OTHERS TRYING TO REGAIN CONTROL.

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT MANY DIED AS WIMPS.

Today is a day of remberence for every victim.

LET EVERY VICTIM BE HONORED IN YOUR SILENT THOUGHTS AS A HERO THAT DIED FOR OUR COUNTRY.

Don't let those AMERICAN die without a silent thought.

The enemy is all around us. I know they are here in Los Angeles.
Our jobs are now to be very wary of unusual actions by some.
How do you know?
Just keep your eyes open from now on.

I watched an interview with the guy that trained the ones that controlled the planes at the flight school in Florida. He hadn't a true clue what their intentions were. Nothing really raised his curiosity. He was paid and they were politly silent. He felt that action was part of their upbringing of their country.

How do you think that flight instructor feels, now?
He was only doing what he was paid to do, train someone.
What about the ticket takers at the airport that day? The security people?
Alot of these others, must feel awful. And those are scars that will never leave them. They had a chance, but they didn't know.

HOW CAN ANY OF US, HERE, SAY THEY WOULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING DIFFERENT?

I started this thread to let our voices & statements of sorrow, be heard, UNITED AS CITIZENS OF A VERY WONDERFUL NATION CALLED THE UNTIED STATES OF AMERICA.

Today is that one chance to say that, silently. However you see fit, to say good bye to our fallen AMERICAN HEROS. These people died FOR US.

Ya wanna do something?

Give Blood.

I know several people personally touched by this event. They lost someone. Forever.

</font>
Old 09-14-2001, 08:01 PM
Supreme Member

Thanks Tom for your input about suggestions how to contribute. I forgot about those ideas.
I, personally, am awaiting to give blood, after this calms down and I phsyically relocate my family. I have to be strong for them, too.

Thanks Billy, VERY MUCH!!!! for letting us have a say, too.

It's VERY appreciated.

In your silence, may you gather strength, to carry on.
PS Count your blessings, too.
And tell your loved ones, you love them. Hug them, too.

------------------
Chat Soon,
KED85
Karl