V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

Frying Rice

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2001, 08:59 PM
2011 Norwood Gathering
ThirdGen Firebird Rep

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 99 WS6 / 00 SS / 11 CTS-V / 13 300
Engine: LS1 / LS1 / LSA / 5.7 Hemi
Transmission: 4L60E / T-56 / 6L80E / W5A80
Axle/Gears: 3.23 / 3.42 Auburn / 3.23 / 2.62
Frying Rice

Before I get *****ed at for supposedly supporting street racing, let me inform everyone here that I do not in any way condone street racing. I think it is a completely asinine way to either kill yourself or someone else. Not to mention random beatings on your car aren't the best thing in the world. With that disclaimer, on with the story

I was bringing my girlfriend home from our Maine vacation on I-95 near Boston, and merging in front of me are this CUTE little pair of new Integras...one black and one dark green. Both have the requisite lowering and chrome wheels, as well as the performance-enhancing 8" exhaust tip...

Anyways, one of these fine gentleman decided to cut me off for no apparent reason. As he was in the process of cutting me off, I noticed his big Auto Meter tach on his dash near the driver's door...it wasn't even hooked up!! So as he's cutting me off, I give him the lovely and oh-so-necessary 10 second honk and single finger salute. Well, Mr ***** decides to floor his mean machine and dust my lowly 12 yr old Camaro.

Well, the road was clear, so I decide to ride his *** all the way to about 95. His buddy is right behind me. The funny thing was that you could tell this guy never does anything with this car but cruise...so much carbon blew out of the exhaust it was scary...

Well, when he learned he could not lose me and could tell I was still pissed off from his attempt to make an "Integro" out of our cars, he decided to slow down. As I drove by him, there was a look of sheer humiliation at the thought I kept up.

It was priceless Moral of the story? It isn't what you drive, it's what you can do with it

------------------
Jason E

'89 Camaro RS
-Medium Grey Metallic
-2.8, A4, T-tops, 92k miles
-Hypertech chip, Accel wires/coil/K&Ns
-Alpine 60x4 and Bostons

'97 Z28
-30th Anniversary package (white with orange stripes)
-LT1, M6, t-tops, 44k miles
-Eclipse CD and 10" Aluminum sub in JL Audio Stealth box, Boston RM speakers, Xtant 403a amp

Speed Kills...Wanna live forever? Drive a Ford.
Long Live #3...
Old 08-18-2001, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to live in those parts i saw a real bad accident there where I95 meets with 128, that real bad turn there... Anyways the accident appered to be 2 cars, both were in the victoms of a head on crash in eccess off 100mph... both crashed with each other... the PD didn't know how it happen, and there were no living witnesses to tell the story.... Another memory of 95 was its the only highway i know of that you can be doing 90mph and be past by a state trooper doing well over 100, the trooper doesn't bat a brow... Anyways, ya that sounds about right for 95 bro... Its one of the few raods the car slaes people will test drive there cars and be real jerks about it...

David

------------------

1974 Ford Maverick Grabber 302 - yeah its fast enough. Former owner of a 1991 Firebird - long live the firebird.
Old 08-18-2001, 10:47 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jason E:

Moral of the story? It isn't what you drive, it's what you can do with it
</font>

LoL yes I guess thats true ...

------------------
1988 Sport Coupe 305 TBI
K&N
Flowmaster exhaust

Daily driver:
1988 K1500 5.7 4x4 shortbed flowmaster cat-back gutted cat.
AOL: RyanNH84
Old 08-19-2001, 12:11 AM

New Hampshire!!!!! ahhh WildCat, Attitash.... many fond memories at 16 lol....

David

------------------

1974 Ford Maverick Grabber 302 - yeah its fast enough. Former owner of a 1991 Firebird - long live the firebird.
Old 08-19-2001, 02:02 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where didn't you live David?

Old 08-19-2001, 12:36 PM
Banned

Old 08-20-2001, 11:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC Camaro
Engine: 5.7L
Transmission: 700R4
The real moral of the story should be:
Road rage can be just as dangerous as street racing and DWI.
No flame intended but you should avoid AT ALL COST doing stunts like that that can endanger the lives of you, your friends, and the other drivers, or you'll be just another statistic once they carry your corpses away for good.

I've pulled stunts like this in my younger days and I consider myself lucky for typing this.

I know that temptation over takes the better part of our well being and crazy emotions take over. Were all human.
Old 08-20-2001, 02:13 PM
Supreme Member

I agree so much with X55Cam.
I've done it to.
Hell, I've even raced the cops (high graduation night in my 1966 Corvette-Nother Esatern PA-1974) and beat them, only to be pulled over (I volunteered when I saw who I was racing). Back then, one didn't know about car chases. OR EVEN THINK OFD TRYING TO OUT RUN THE COPS (I was on to long a stright road, you can't hide there!!!!!)
I've even raced in Van Nuys on the streets (back in the early 80's). ALmost lost my car & life three times. After third scare, I sold my car, to keep my life. AND I volunteered that decision, too.
It's not that the times have changed nor the rules. Society has grown VERY MEAN out in LA. Hell Ya beat someone or even BEEEP at someone, you end up getting shot & killed.
That really sucks. Street racing is fun stuff. Or else we all wouldn't do it from time to time. Back in 80's Van Nuys street racing scene, you pulled over, congrad the winner & bench race the rest of the night and watch others. So pleasant.
Sad how it's gone, now.
MANY OF YA WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE for many things.
And, also what I cannot let/give my 11 month old Son, I now have, those past special moments I once took for granted.
BUT he will get a really cool 1968 Camaro. My 1967 Camaro is MINE, so is the 1974 Corvette MINE!! Even my Wife isn't allowed to touch them! She can't see the end of the Corvette hood! She's too short! She doesn't know how to shift.
BUT I am giving her ONE chance at shifting my Camaro. IF SHE STALLS IT, she's out of the car forever!

------------------
Chat Soon,
KED85
Karl
1985 Firebird 2.8 to 3.4 swap project for Smog Happy LA, CA