V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

Ok everyone needs to chill !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok everyone needs to chill !!!!

Come on guys! This is getting WAY out of hand! And I will be the first to point fingers at myself. That little thing with 94Camaro and I was totally out of hand. But that didnt open the doors to all of us fighting. I mean my god, we're acting like total little bitches. Bitch here and bitch there. Come on, all of us are 16 and up in age (hopefully )! We are grown up! Ive seen freakin 10 year olds get along better! Everyone needs to ease down on the criticizing. I mean just because someone says something like "taking the cat off is a good idea!" and you dont agree with it you dont need to follow up with words like dumb *** , stupid bitch, and etc... Instead explain to them why its not a good idea. There is no answer, so you cant make someone believe that they are wrong if they think so strongly that they are right. So instead of all you guys ganging up on him just let it go for god's sake! Its not that big of deal. It will hurt the air and all but you cant stop them from doing it. And as for everyone jumping up Graeme'sFirebird's *** ...Damn you guys are amazing! Like he said he is doing his job!!!! A cop gives you a ticket for speeding. He didnt just say "Well **** it, I dont like his car so I think I will pull him over." its his job. But now Im not agreeing that locking the non-topic post is a good idea because it is totally not. This has always been a non-tech site. Its a gathering site for 3rd generation f-body owners that love their cars and want to talk to their fellow 3rd geners. So why lock the non tech post? That kills the fun! I mean I come home and get on this site not to find out if the clicking on my breaks is a problem (just an example ). I come on here to talk to people. You cant make it non tech thats like making AOL instant messanger non tech. But come on guys dont bitch at Graeme'sFirebird because you are mad and dont agree with what his "boss" makes him do. But more important than that we need to leave the attitudes off this site. Just think of the first impression you are showing the Junior Members!

Oh and P.S.

I know this has no non tech in this but everyone needs to read this. I could care less if you lock it.

------------------
1992 Camaro RS 3.1L
T5 Manual 5 speed
Open Air Intake
Z-28 Exhaust
8.5mm MSD Ignition wires
TB Coolant bypass

Kills:

95 (****) Probe GT
94 Mustang GT
91 CRX (dont ask me why he raced me)
2nd Gen Z28 (350) haha to you V8 guys!
1992 RS 305 TBI (good race)
More to come
Old 11-29-2000, 08:24 PM

I'll be brief,, I second that! You guys do a lot of bickering. I know some have different opinions of other and that is good, but when you make fun of each other constantly it gets u no where! That's why I choose not to get invovled in all of the Bull**** posting.

[This message has been edited by Garmer (edited November 29, 2000).]
Old 11-29-2000, 08:26 PM
Supreme Member

Location: First one out of liberty city, burn it to the ground
well said

------------------
Flowmaster 80 series, Random Technologies Cat, 3" intermediate pipe, SS
Hand Made Tips, 3 1/4" out, Accel 8.8 wires, MSD Coil, MSD Ignition Module,MSD 6A Box
Currently Working On:
T5 swap
Next to buy:
Slp dual cold air intake!

1982 z28..
350 4bbl black leather inside and black outside...no mods yet except for maybe the exhaust from my firebird
Old 11-29-2000, 09:02 PM

LOL, dude settle down, we all know it's in fun

I been posting on this site for a LONG time, This is nothing
Old 11-29-2000, 09:05 PM
2011 Norwood Gathering
ThirdGen Firebird Rep

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 99 WS6 / 00 SS / 11 CTS-V / 13 300
Engine: LS1 / LS1 / LSA / 5.7 Hemi
Transmission: 4L60E / T-56 / 6L80E / W5A80
Axle/Gears: 3.23 / 3.42 Auburn / 3.23 / 2.62
Geez dude...at least I didn't bitch about anyone! Hell, like I said in the other post, I love you guys LOL.
Old 11-29-2000, 09:32 PM
Supreme Member

Engine: LH0 3.1L
yeah, i try not to get involved in the lame-brain posts. i think graeme is doing a fine job. my only request is that anything related to cat converters be locked. this has become the catalytic converter message board.

------------------
Dan
1990 3.1L RS
80 Series Flowmaster
It's fast(er than a 3 cyl metro)
Old 11-29-2000, 09:37 PM
Banned

No, everyone doesnt know its "all in fun" as you put it. It offends alot of people when you put THEM down. I dont call that "all in fun". Oh and I think I remember in a post to where you were the one that said after everyone got all mad "I love stirring up things" or something like that. Hold on let me go find it... "Sometimes, I like stirring things up" thats what you said. You did follow up with "no harm done" but when someone said that gutting the cat is stupid you came back and came back just couldnt let it go. And it got uglier and uglier. So dont tell me its "all in fun". And you say dont take this so seriously...Hell someone needed to. Where is this gonna go? I mean my god you guys have fed Graeme'sFirebird up with your bitching to where he wants to resign as the moderator. Thats pretty damn bad. But hey, if you wanna be immature and start fights like you are in middle school then be my guest. But I think alot of people will agree with me on this post. You're on your own buddy.

------------------
1992 Camaro RS 3.1L
T5 Manual 5 speed
Open Air Intake
Z-28 Exhaust
8.5mm MSD Ignition wires
TB Coolant bypass

Kills:

95 (****) Probe GT
94 Mustang GT
More to come
Old 11-29-2000, 11:10 PM

Car: 1986 Firebird, 2000 WS6
Engine: 2.8, LS1
Transmission: 700R4, T-56
Axle/Gears: Stock, Stock
Well put. Even though I am just a junior member, I have been reading the posts here for quite some time. Yeah, there are some things that shouldn't be said. For instance, the person with the same post title as CaliCamaroRS's "first day with the flowmaster". That was just rude. I agree with not ripping someone a new one for wanting to gut their cat. It should be "you shouldn't do this because..." This is a place for help and information. A little sarcasm here and there is good, but nothing derogatory.
Some non-tech stuff is good too. Maybe someone doesn't have a problem, but just wants to brag about how their v-6 killed a mustang or a v-8. Or better yet, a v-8 mustang. For instance, this post. It is non-tech and it is helping to vent problems and get opinions out.
This is just my little opinion, it may not be well put, but if you agree fine, and if you don't, that is ok too.
P.S.
CaliCamaroRS, do you think I'm pulling your chain about a dual 40 series that exits in stock location? I'll get you the Summit part # if you want.

------------------
My only mod: Flowmaster 40 series
Old 11-29-2000, 11:13 PM

Car: 1984 Camaro
Engine: V6
Transmission: 700 R4
I posted this on another topic but I feel that it should be posted here as well.
"Whenever Graems's Firebird and myself accepted the responabilty as moderators we were asked to keep only tech questions on the board and to remind people that Mcgyver's site (www.nethirdgen.org) would handle all of the non-tech posts. I feel that we have been more than fair on some of the non-tech posts but as you can see some people are start to get carried away and start flame wars etc. so we have to crack down again.
This is in no way personal to any member it is just what is expected from us as moderators."
I am not going to lock this post b/c it is mostly directed to my fellow moderator and I feel that he deserves a chance to respond and lock it himself if he wants to.

------------------
"5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions"

My Camaro: http://home.earthlink.net/~singleton052095
Old 11-29-2000, 11:27 PM
Supreme Member

Location: First one out of liberty city, burn it to the ground
nope...im no longer moderator until my title etc is changed..i officially have no "power" so to say so not my bag

------------------
Flowmaster 80 series, Random Technologies Cat, 3" intermediate pipe, SS
Hand Made Tips, 3 1/4" out, Accel 8.8 wires, MSD Coil, MSD Ignition Module,MSD 6A Box
Currently Working On:
T5 swap
Next to buy:
Slp dual cold air intake!

1982 z28..
350 4bbl black leather inside and black outside...no mods yet except for maybe the exhaust from my firebird
Old 11-30-2000, 12:49 AM
Supreme Member

Engine: LH0 3.1L
Originally posted by Black 86 'bird:
P.S.
CaliCamaroRS, do you think I'm pulling your chain about a dual 40 series that exits in stock location? I'll get you the Summit part # if you want.

nah, if i see proof of it i'll probably get mad that i didn't get it. i'll just pretend it doesn't exist. BTW, the only 40 series i could find had dual outlet but both pipes exited on the same side.

Old 11-30-2000, 08:25 AM

Car: 1986 Firebird, 2000 WS6
Engine: 2.8, LS1
Transmission: 700R4, T-56
Axle/Gears: Stock, Stock
Well the one I got from Summit exits on both sides just like stock and is for camaros and firebirds. It set me back $80. (I figured I had better get this up just in case it gets locked. If you want any more info, go back to your original post.)

------------------
My only mod: Flowmaster 40 series
Old 11-30-2000, 09:54 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
This website has been non-tech since it was re-vamped. It doesn't exclude this message board. http://www.nethirdgen.org was designated for non-tech stuff. And Brian K, there's a non-tech section at http://www.v6fbody.com , guess you missed it.

------------------
-Tom P (Hot rodded 1986 Firebird 2.8l) from http://www.f-body.net/mailbag/3rd/3rd_mailbag.html message boards
---Think your car could be pic of the week? Visit http://www.f-body.net for details!
Old 11-30-2000, 11:01 AM

Stirring things up isn't flame bait. Just having a freindly argument. The presidential debates flamed more than my posts. And if you look closely, you'll see that I didn't flame anyone, I just responeded to insults. Catalytic converter discussion is tech.

I'm not ad at anyone, crap, it's just an argument, some decided to bring it down to a lower level, but I felt I dealt with that correctly, I've been moderating message boards longer than most of you have been around, I stand by my conduct

Folks, don't take this so seriously..
Old 11-30-2000, 03:51 PM
Banned

Yea guys "dont take it personally" when someone calles you a dumb *** or immature they just mean it in a friendly way! But anyways, I just put it out that all of us need to calm down. If you choose to keep it up...I cant stop you.

------------------
1992 Camaro RS 3.1L
T5 Manual 5 speed
Open Air Intake
Z-28 Exhaust
8.5mm MSD Ignition wires
TB Coolant bypass

Kills:

95 (****) Probe GT
94 Mustang GT
More to come
Old 11-30-2000, 04:02 PM

Car: 1984 Camaro
Engine: V6
Transmission: 700 R4
I think that we beat this post to death so I am going to go ahead and lock it up.

------------------
"5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions"

My Camaro: http://home.earthlink.net/~singleton052095