V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

The Two GT-66 Turbo Chargers I Planned On Using For Project "Boosted"....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Supreme Member

Received 178 Likes on 155 Posts
The Two GT-66 Turbo Chargers I Planned On Using For Project "Boosted"....

Project "Boosted Trans Am", although will eventually happen, is being placed on hold right now. I'm grudgingly letting go of both turbo chargers as a promise to my wife (those of you who are married, understand completely lol). Honestly wanted to offer them to one of my F-Body bretheren more than anyone else. So if anyone is interested, just reach out to me....

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engi...o-gt-66-a.html

-Rob
Old 12-07-2007, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 V6 Camaro
Engine: 2.8
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 open diff
Re: The Two GT-66 Turbo Chargers I Planned On Using For Project "Boosted"....

So you got a Z06? I understand now. GL with the sale.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 2.8RS
So you got a Z06?
^ Biggest mistake I ever made bro lol! Damn thing will be sitting in the garage the whole entire Winter, and I'm hoping to break even next Spring when I try to get rid of it. It was just one of those things, where I was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, next thing I know, I'm driving the freaking thing home lol...

The '92 3.1 Firebird isn't going anywhere though, just selling off the parts that I had gotten for it for now; the turbo's, the Ram Air I Hood, and a few other things....
Old 12-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish you didn't live so far. What are you asking for the hood?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by firstfirebird
I wish you didn't live so far. What are you asking for the hood?
I'm going to have the post for it up very soon. The hood itself has since been primered Black and is waiting for paint. The inserts/nostrils themselves have yet to even be installed. Bought the hood from Hawks, and I wasn't too happy with their delivery (search for my complaint), but overall the hood is very very good, and very very strong. I paid $450.00 w/out shipping, but my asking price won't even be near that, so don't worry if your interested....

Here's a pic from when I first got it....;

Old 12-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, talk to me man!

No need to post it if the price is right.

Maybe work out a trade for some turbo headers for your T/A?
Old 12-07-2007, 10:32 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1973 Datsun 240Z/ 1985 S-15 Jimmy
Engine: Turbo LX9/To be decided
Transmission: 5-speed/T-5
Axle/Gears: R200 3.90/7.5" 3.73

I take it those turbos are from ebay, possibly SS Autochrome or thier later incarnations?
Old 12-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
I take it those turbos are from ebay, possibly SS Autochrome or thier later incarnations...?
Are you being sarcastic here lol j/k.....?

They weren't from SS Autochrome, but I honestly don't remember the party's name. Dave had given me the gentleman's information, as I needed it to confirm the turbos' internal specs, but it wasn't SS though. These were in fact purchased by me on ebay, especially for the price I paid for them. Had they been genuine Garrett turbo casing's, I would have probably paid more than double of what I actually paid....
----------
Originally Posted by firstfirebird
Well, talk to me man! No need to post it if the price is right. Maybe work out a trade for some turbo headers for your T/A?
Cool man, if you want it it's yours. Lemme get home from work first, as I'm trying to sneek a post here and there without my co-workers seeing....

Last edited by Street Lethal; 12-07-2007 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-07-2007, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Are you being sarcastic here lol j/k.....?

They weren't from SS Autochrome, but I honestly don't remember the party's name. Dave had given me the gentleman's information, as I needed it to confirm the turbos' internal specs, but it wasn't SS though. These were in fact purchased by me on ebay, especially for the price I paid for them. Had they been genuine Garrett turbo casing's, I would have probably paid more than double of what I actually paid....
No sarcasim intended. I'm asking a valid question whihc will determine whether I make you an offer or not.

If you can give up any more information on these turbos I'd appreciate it. Did you take them apart and measure teh wheels, housing etc? I know the chinese turbo I had in hand one time was not any where close to any Garrett measurments, and so I couldn't even swap in better components if I had wanted to. I had a "matching" Turbonetics turbo that I used for some comparisons, and nothing was interchangable. This is why I am rather leary of buying cheap turbos.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Supreme Member

^ I know bro, I was only teasing you....

Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
If you can give up any more information on these turbos I'd appreciate it. Did you take them apart and measure teh wheels, housing etc? I know the chinese turbo I had in hand one time was not any where close to any Garrett measurments, and so I couldn't even swap in better components if I had wanted to. I had a "matching" Turbonetics turbo that I used for some comparisons, and nothing was interchangable. This is why I am rather leary of buying cheap turbos....
We took one of them apart at the track when I first obtained it, and had it measured by a party to confirm it's wheel measurements. The intake side was somewhat smaller than advertised, but I was told by the vendor that it was a "T-66" measurement in reference to the exhaust side, not intake. The intake impeller was measured, and it came in a little smaller than I'd hoped, which is the reason why I bought another, identicle one, to that of it. Although the impeller was smaller than advertised, it was in fact offered through Garrett though nonetheless. That was already confirmed by another source who offers Garrett turbo's. When I get home from work, I can have my cousin measure it again, and can even take a picture of the impeller w/the measuring tool with it....

Last edited by Street Lethal; 12-07-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:27 PM

That would be appreciated.