V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

Project: "BTA" Boosted Trans Am.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007 | 11:07 AM
Supreme Member

Re: Project: "BTA" Boosted Trans Am.....

I can appreciate criticism
Not trying to criticize or question ability, just speculating as you said. I just know that in turbine theory, the more restrictive the turbine is, the faster it's going to spool.
Old 07-04-2007 | 01:03 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

No no, I WANT you to criticize bro!!!! It's the only way people are going to learn throughout the entire process. Understand that I'm getting PM'ed by people saying that it'll work, and some saying that it won't, that the turbo's are too big, yet some say that they're not....

Got some friends saying that it'll lag, and other's saying that it'll pull immediately off of the line with the right setup (air flow, rear gearing and driver), so please don't stop with the suggestions. When all is said and done, the car's hitting the track, and if it flops with the manual, a 454-Motown SB w/HSR (w/turbo's) is definitely going in, if it works out with the V6, hopefully others will take their V6's even further.....
Old 07-04-2007 | 01:46 PM
Supreme Member

I considered the TT setup, although I was going to us t3's a little larger than those found on stock 300zx's. They were on my friends 300zx and it was extremely fast and started spooling a little late in the RPM's with .63 turbines (t3's are mor resrictive than t4's as you probably know). His powerband was in the nid-upper RPM range on the car and they were great for dowshifting with WOT. The car didn't dig very good, though, and was more fun on the street than at the track.

Either way, it probably will work out good for you with the manual, but how do you plan on getting boost for the launch?

I'm very interested in your project and hope for the best, but it's just me to pick a brain and hopefully learn something. At the same time I'm jealous of not having any companions to work on cars near me, I end up doing EVERYTHING on my own (with the exception of a CNC machinist as a friend ).

I'm also interested to see how the twin to4e's are going to spool on Dave's car since I alreadt have 1/2 of that pair, lol.
Old 07-04-2007 | 03:21 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by firstfirebird
I'm very interested in your project and hope for the best, but it's just me to pick a brain and hopefully learn something. At the same time I'm jealous of not having any companions to work on cars near me, I end up doing EVERYTHING on my own (with the exception of a CNC machinist as a friend)....
That is the best way to do something, all on your own. There is no second guessing the work, if something goes wrong, you know what it is. Having someone do the work for you takes away the satisfaction. So far, the only person to even come near my project is my cousin, and even then I hesitate (even though I trust him more than anyone), I'd rather do it myself....

Check out this TT 3800 Series 4th gen Firebird....

Click here....

Then click here....
Old 07-04-2007 | 04:15 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
That is the best way to do something, all on your own. There is no second guessing the work, if something goes wrong, you know what it is. Having someone do the work for you takes away the satisfaction. So far, the only person to even come near my project is my cousin, and even then I hesitate (even though I trust him more than anyone), I'd rather do it myself....

Check out this TT 3800 Series 4th gen Firebird....

Click here....

Then click here....
I'm very fimiliar with Tim's car and the times he has posted. Are you making the Firebird a full-out drag car? Are you planning on tubs and a back half, etc?
Old 07-04-2007 | 05:22 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

^ Yeah, Tim's car is very well done. This project will mainly be used for the street, which is why I "hinted" to my cousin that I wanted a 5-speed. Automatics can be boring, even with a stall...
Old 07-09-2007 | 10:14 PM

Car: 1991 RS
Engine: 90' TPI 305
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: posi disc 3.23's

I considered the TT setup, although I was going to us t3's a little larger than those found on stock 300zx's. They were on my friends 300zx and it was extremely fast and started spooling a little late in the RPM's with .63 turbines (t3's are mor resrictive than t4's as you probably know). His powerband was in the nid-upper RPM range on the car and they were great for dowshifting with WOT. The car didn't dig very good, though, and was more fun on the street than at the track.

Either way, it probably will work out good for you with the manual, but how do you plan on getting boost for the launch?

I'm very interested in your project and hope for the best, but it's just me to pick a brain and hopefully learn something. At the same time I'm jealous of not having any companions to work on cars near me, I end up doing EVERYTHING on my own (with the exception of a CNC machinist as a friend ).

I'm also interested to see how the twin to4e's are going to spool on Dave's car since I alreadt have 1/2 of that pair, lol.
the stock turbos on a z32 are t22's.
ran a 13.27@108.4mph (2.35 60ft ) last friday in it.

i know this is pretty taboo, but i got a turbo v8 question. just wanted to know if there is any stock ECU that i would be able to chip with on my 305 (730) ?
Old 07-09-2007 | 10:46 PM
Supreme Member

I considered the TT setup, although I was going to us t3's a little larger than those found on stock 300zx's.
the stock turbos on a z32 are t22's.
I know
Old 07-10-2007 | 12:09 AM

Car: 1973 Datsun 240Z/ 1985 S-15 Jimmy
Engine: Turbo LX9/To be decided
Transmission: 5-speed/T-5
Axle/Gears: R200 3.90/7.5" 3.73

The turbos I received from firstfirebird thatI believe are the turbos in question here are T25s, which will be used on a TT 660 set-up and I think they are "too small". I'll have T3 flanges on the headers, with an adaptor to reduce to the T25 turbine inlet so that I can easily upgrade later. I should be good for about 500 HP worth of flow with these turbos from what I've seen in flow maps for these turbos.
Old 07-10-2007 | 06:54 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
The turbos I received from firstfirebird thatI believe are the turbos in question here are T25s, which will be used on a TT 660 set-up and I think they are "too small". I'll have T3 flanges on the headers, with an adaptor to reduce to the T25 turbine inlet so that I can easily upgrade later. I should be good for about 500 HP worth of flow with these turbos from what I've seen in flow maps for these turbos.
They aren't the turbos that the Nissan came with, IIRC they will flow about 50cfs combined. The to4e ebay turbo I have flows around 42cfs. They are actually from a Mitsu Spyder, and were put on the 300zx.
Old 07-10-2007 | 08:27 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Small update;

I received quite a few Personal Messages regarding the cost factor involved. So far, both turbo's were about $250.00 each. Once the headers, as well as the entire tubing are fabricated, I'll immediately post the cost of the entire system on this thread. The MegaSquirt, depending where you get it, is about $400.00 (give or take). I'm trying to keep the expense down for my fellow member's who are looking to copy this build, and I'm now torn between the two turbo's, or just the one. There is enough room now in the engine bay for three turbo's LOL, please let me know your thoughts on this....
Old 07-10-2007 | 09:33 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Project "BTA" is now over for Thirdgen.org, you can thank your newest V6 moderator 2.8 for this one. Take care fella's, and I'll see you over by the staging lanes....
Old 07-10-2007 | 12:52 PM

Car: 1973 Datsun 240Z/ 1985 S-15 Jimmy
Engine: Turbo LX9/To be decided
Transmission: 5-speed/T-5
Axle/Gears: R200 3.90/7.5" 3.73

They aren't the turbos that the Nissan came with, IIRC they will flow about 50cfs combined. The to4e ebay turbo I have flows around 42cfs. They are actually from a Mitsu Spyder, and were put on the 300zx.
They are the stock turbos, measurements, and cross referencing with some research shows this.

Mitsubishi turbos had different turbine inlet that are nothing like the T25 flange that is used on these turbos.

Regardless, they will work for what I want, just don't believe they were anything other than stock 300ZX turbos because they are the stock turbos.
Old 07-10-2007 | 04:48 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
They are the stock turbos, measurements, and cross referencing with some research shows this.

Mitsubishi turbos had different turbine inlet that are nothing like the T25 flange that is used on these turbos.

Regardless, they will work for what I want, just don't believe they were anything other than stock 300ZX turbos because they are the stock turbos.
I was going by the previos owners statements as far as what they came out of. If you go on ebay and look at the DSM turbos, you will see those exact units. I don't know if they were modified in some way to work on the Nissan, but he had a complete stock motor in his repair shop and the turbos were smaller. In fact when he was giving them to me (I saved his boss $3k on his roof, so they all hook me up over there), I said the stock turbos were too small even though I had no idea what I was looking at back then , and gave those to me that were sitting with the other motor that was half torn apart and the t25 (actually they are labeled m24 IIRC) were sitting on the floor next to it. Either way it was a good trade for the both of us, except I just bought that upper plenum I told you about, and I found a complete 3500 upper for $400 with low miles, go figure.
Old 09-22-2007 | 10:45 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Project "BTA" is now over for Thirdgen.org, you can thank your newest V6 moderator 2.8 for this one....
Disregard this, because now with the help of First Firebird, Project "BTA" has now been resurrected! The goal you ask? To continue on with a fully streetable, and legal, TEN SECOND 3.1 V6 concept, utilizing one turbo charger, w/5-speed! Need to dust off the 3.1 Firebird that has been sitting in the garage for the past few months LMAO, but pictures are coming very very soon. Stay tuned....
Old 09-22-2007 | 10:51 AM
Supreme Member

Disregard this, because now with the help of First Firebird, Project "BTA" has now been resurrected! The goal you ask? To continue on with a fully streetable, and legal, TEN SECOND 3.1 V6 concept, utilizing one turbo charger, w/5-speed! Need to dust off the 3.1 Firebird that has been sitting in the garage for the past few months LMAO, but pictures are coming very very soon. Stay tuned....
What did I do?!?!
Old 09-22-2007 | 10:58 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

^ You know what you did, but even better, we know what we're going to do from this point on, that is, build one hell of a 3.1 '92 Firebird that everyone can both learn from, and draw their own individual ideas. This needs to be finished, because you just ignited my lapsed inspiration. We'll continue the build using this thread, but we'll need to go over some of the changes so people can absorb the project in it's entireity. The resurrection process will take a few days, as I pulled some parts from the 3.1, as well as the entire Black interior. If I can somehow get it done today and tomorrow, I'll FINALLY be able to have a baseline pass for everyone this coming Friday @ the track....
Old 09-22-2007 | 11:08 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

^ Just to add, the baseline pass will obviously be without the turbo installed, so don't expect much just yet my friends....
Old 09-22-2007 | 11:15 AM
Supreme Member

I see a low 17 second pass, maybe a high 16 if you removed a lot of weight. My best was 17.1 @ 75MPH with only a cat-back and roller rockers.
Old 09-22-2007 | 11:24 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

^ This sounds very feasible, as the car still has a fiberglass hood, doors and notch, as well as the plexi-glass T-Tops. I'd be extremely happy with a 16 second pass, as the car now currently stands....

Still contemplating the turbo header, down, and corresponding Y pipe. I'd like the header to be similar to that of the V8 design, having the turbo sitting next to the cylinder head, if possible. Can you mock up some ideas, and bring them to light for everyone.....?
Old 09-22-2007 | 11:29 AM

Car: 89 V6 Camaro
Engine: 2.8
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 open diff

I'm glad this is getting back on track. I was just wondering how the project was comming.
Old 09-22-2007 | 11:30 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

I'd like the header to be similar to that of the V8 design, having the turbo sitting next to the cylinder head, if possible....
It wouldn't matter how high the turbo would sit, as my Ram Air 1 hood provides more than enough clearance. I would like it to be similar to the BBS' design, if possible. Here's a pic that Matt provided;
Attached Thumbnails Project: "BTA" Boosted Trans Am.....-dscf0016.jpg  
Old 09-22-2007 | 11:31 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2.8RS
I'm glad this is getting back on track. I was just wondering how the project was comming....
My apologies with the delay.....
Old 09-22-2007 | 11:43 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Alright friends, the clothes are changed, and the gloves are on. Signing off to get to work. Boy is my wife loving this, she's been looking to get my butt out of the damn house for quite some time. Cannot tell you how many damn times I had this Black interior in then out, in then out, in then out LMAO! First things first though, then engine.... <sigh>

Stay tuned....
Old 09-22-2007 | 05:17 PM
Supreme Member

It wouldn't matter how high the turbo would sit, as my Ram Air 1 hood provides more than enough clearance. I would like it to be similar to the BBS' design, if possible. Here's a pic that Matt provided;
That's similar to the design I just made for GrimmCS except it went under the k-member...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_3091.jpg
----------
What are you going to be using for heads? The headers can be made to fit both 3.1/2.8 and 3x00 heads.

Last edited by firstfirebird; 09-22-2007 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-22-2007 | 06:26 PM

Car: 92 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Engine: 3.1L V6
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.42

why not put a turbo on your Corvette glad to see you're back. Looking forward to see another turbo. One question for you though. How does your T-5 hold up. i know our trannys can hold about to around 200ft/lbs and that turbo would brake these our trannys w/ ease. Whats your secret?
Old 09-22-2007 | 06:44 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

SHE'S ALIVE.....!!!!!!

Small problem though, didn't realize exactly how much wiring I donated from it for the Formula (lighting, not engine related), so I couldn't take her for a spin yet as it's now pretty dark out. But hey, she's running again....

That's similar to the design I just made for GrimmCS except it went under the k-member...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_3091.jpg
----------
What are you going to be using for heads? The headers can be made to fit both 3.1/2.8 and 3x00 heads.
Yeah I definitely seen that design before. I'm hoping to avoid going under the K-Member, as New Jersey/New York is notorious for pot-holes on each and every street. Also, I wanted to have the turbo on the side of the cylinder head to both avoid too much weight in front of the engine, as well as decreasing any possible lag....

I'm using the stock heads, albeit heavily worked. I really want this build to encourage others to take the 3.1 to an even greater level after this one. Again, I know tens might be asking a little too much from the 3.1, but hey, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Originally Posted by KBcobra
why not put a turbo on your Corvette...
Once I got the car home from the dealer, I couldn't get myself to even open it up, let alone additional modding. It's really an investment more than anything, as Chevrolet is eliminating the LS7 from the lineup, and are actually bringing back the ZR1 (not w/the LT5 though)....

Originally Posted by KBcobra
.... glad to see you're back. Looking forward to see another turbo. One question for you though. How does your T-5 hold up. i know our trannys can hold about to around 200ft/lbs and that turbo would brake these our trannys w/ ease. Whats your secret?
Oh I definitely agree w/you. The T-5 will never hold up to the amount of psi I intend to be squeezing. It'll hold it's own in the beginning with moderate boost, but I definitely have something else in store for this project though. In fact, it's lying right next to my spare Turbo-400 tranny....
Old 09-22-2007 | 07:08 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Just to let you guys know way ahead of time, this is what Project "BTA" will be up against in the very near future. We're going to harness both the worked 3.1, GT66 Turbo Charger, along w/RBob's "Flash" EBL all together, and create one @ss kicking, 3rd Gen representing, '92 Firebird! Click Here....

... oh yes, we have our work cut out for us!
Old 09-22-2007 | 07:34 PM

Car: 92 RS
Engine: a slow one
Transmission: a crunchy one
Axle/Gears: a whiny one

I can't wait to see the times you put out with this thing
Old 09-22-2007 | 07:41 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

^ I'm really anticipating what I run before the turbo. I can't even begin to embellish on how light the car feels right now (in comparison with the Formula). Need to get some of the wiring sorted out asap though, as I'd really like to take it down the track next week....
Old 09-22-2007 | 09:36 PM
Supreme Member

Just to let you guys know way ahead of time, this is what Project "BTA" will be up against in the very near future. We're going to harness both the worked 3.1, GT66 Turbo Charger, along w/RBob's "Flash" EBL all together, and create one @ss kicking, 3rd Gen representing, '92 Firebird! Click Here....

... oh yes, we have our work cut out for us!
pshhh, we have a local here with a 9.5sec VR6 VW. Actually VWDave (member here) knows him.

You are going to be dissapointed with the iron heads, I'm telling you . SuperDave just pulled a 273.7hp/296tq on the dyno with his N/A 3500.

Would you be willing to test some prts on the car in the near future? I'm, planning on making some UDP's, billet rods, forged pistons, reluctor wheel, and milling some 3400 heads to work with stock 3.1/2.8 pistons. The heads are going to be first, then the DIS parts.
Old 09-23-2007 | 09:58 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

pshhh, we have a local here with a 9.5sec VR6 VW. Actually VWDave (member here) knows him....
Oh don't get me wrong, we have much much faster tuners over here... I just pointed that guy out cuz we normally clash heads whenever we're together, and I would have the greatest of satisfaction in putting that car in it's place, with a Chevy 3.1 V6....

You are going to be dissapointed with the iron heads, I'm telling you . SuperDave just pulled a 273.7hp/296tq on the dyno with his N/A 3500....
I'm definitely open to suggestions, but at least wanted to see how far we can push the iron headed engine. Velocity is more of a concern on my end....

Would you be willing to test some prts on the car in the near future? I'm, planning on making some UDP's, billet rods, forged pistons, reluctor wheel, and milling some 3400 heads to work with stock 3.1/2.8 pistons. The heads are going to be first, then the DIS parts....
Absolutely....
Old 09-23-2007 | 06:17 PM

so what numbers are you pulling with your new setup?

and how does the new intake work?
Old 09-23-2007 | 06:29 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by mexicanknight
so what numbers are you pulling with your new setup?

and how does the new intake work?
ME?...
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/v6/4...ts-hybrid.html
Old 09-23-2007 | 07:49 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

^ Very nice....!
Old 09-23-2007 | 07:53 PM
Supreme Member

^ Very nice....!
You didn't see that yet? I have the full story over at FTV6 (all in one thread, that is)...

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=32321
----------
EDIT: Oh and thanks

Last edited by firstfirebird; 09-23-2007 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-23-2007 | 08:05 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

^ I honestly didn't. I got so wrapped up in other things these last few months, I kinda got a little side-tracked. It's coming out REALLY well! I gotta give you credit, you set out to do something, and you do it. No nonsense. A few people here <cough cough>, could really take a few lessons <cough cough>, from you! We're going to need to race these two cars once we're finished with them, hehe.... :devil:
Old 09-23-2007 | 08:14 PM
Supreme Member

Thanks. I'm working two jobs right now while the wife is recovering (everything went good, cancer is gone - no radiation/chemo) so things are moving a little slow, BUT the cool thing is my second job is getting the CNC shop off the ground. My partner who bought all the machines is going to split everything we make there (even if it's my car pars/modification/fabrication), and I get full access to the machines.
Old 09-23-2007 | 11:56 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2004 GTO
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T-56

Here's a better shot of the wheels that I decided to go with. Coming from a stock '91 Formula, these 16" rims will do extremely well. Again, 255 out back, and 225 up front. However, in the coming weeks, 275's will definitely need to find their way on there very very soon. Also provided a close up of the carbon fiber Auto-Meter gauges that I went with.....
Those wheels are heavy. Find a set of GTA rims. They are about 17-18lbs a piece compared to 23lbs for the Formula wheels.

Sounds like an interesting project! Good luck!

BTW, how much for the '91 Formula? Info?
Old 09-24-2007 | 06:28 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Thanks. I'm working two jobs right now while the wife is recovering (everything went good, cancer is gone - no radiation/chemo) so things are moving a little slow, BUT the cool thing is my second job is getting the CNC shop off the ground. My partner who bought all the machines is going to split everything we make there (even if it's my car pars/modification/fabrication), and I get full access to the machines....
I'm very glad to hear that your wife is recovering without the chemo, as I honestly feel that the radiation does more harm than good. The only time I agree with it is when the cancer is simply out of control, and everywhere. I might be driving down to Florida (Hollywood) in a few months, I'd love to swing by and see the shop....

Originally Posted by formul8
Those wheels are heavy. Find a set of GTA rims. They are about 17-18lbs a piece compared to 23lbs for the Formula wheels....
That is a pretty significant difference between the GTA and Formula rims. When I pulled the RPO codes for the Formy, one of them embellished light weight aluminum rims so of course I assumed they were the lightest GM offered. I'd definitely consider the GTA laced rims, the problem now though, is finding a good set, for a good price....

Originally Posted by formul8
Sounds like an interesting project! Good luck! BTW, how much for the '91 Formula? Info?
Thanks!

Honestly don't even know yet. I just started contemplating selling the car when I got the 3.1 fired up again....
Old 09-24-2007 | 07:01 AM
Supreme Member

I'm very glad to hear that your wife is recovering without the chemo, as I honestly feel that the radiation does more harm than good. The only time I agree with it is when the cancer is simply out of control, and everywhere. I might be driving down to Florida (Hollywood) in a few months, I'd love to swing by and see the shop....
Hollywood is just a few exits away on the Turnpike! That would be cool, contact me when you are comming. Are you going to Hard Rock?
Old 09-29-2007 | 04:47 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Update;

I keep looking at Grimms' turbo kit, and have decided that I'm going to go with the very same one. The routing under the K-member doesn't really bother me anymore. It's definitely a very well thought out kit. The Black interior is finally back in the Red 3.1 (thank God). Just have a few more suspension pieces left and she's ready to go....
Old 10-05-2007 | 09:47 AM

Car: 1992 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 3.1
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Auburn Posi

All talk.
Old 10-05-2007 | 09:58 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by noahTHEpurdy
All talk.
All talk? Are you freaking kidding me or something? Try juggling a full time job, as in, six days a week, as well as a family, mortage, and a **** load of bills, then tell me it's all talk. Incidently, I already reached out to FirstFirebird regarding a "price" for the turbo plumbing, and he hasn't had time to get back to me just yet with a quote....

As for "all talk", you definitely got the wrong V6 member my friend!
Old 10-05-2007 | 10:17 AM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

^ Just to clarify, I wasn't rolling my eyes at FirstFirebird. He'll get back to me when he gets back to me, I'm in no rush. However, please don't ruin this thread with nonsense. I didn't drop out of sight from this website, as I post here practically every single day. I'm not hiding, like some people. This project will be updated whenever it gets updated. There is nothing to update at this point in time, which is why I haven't been posting anything in reference to it. Originally, it was to be based on a truncated time schedule when everyone "thought" that good ole Turbo Dave was going to be fabricating the turbo pipes, but this is obviously no longer the case....
Old 10-05-2007 | 10:27 AM
Supreme Member

Don't roll your eyes at me!

I know the feeling of not having much time. I own a construction company, have four kids and work at the machine shop in the evenings. My projects don't go that fast either.

No I haven'y gotten back with a quote because I'm being selfish and trying to get my car done in time for the Southern V6 Clash in March. Check out the "What's a Hybrid?" thread, just got the block yeterday woohoo!

I've also talked to a few people and they don't think the 304SS is going to be good for a high HP turbo kit because of the excessive heat and expansion issues. This means the supplier I get good deals from isn't going to help us at the moment. They have 16ga mild and 304 and 409ss. The 409 would be a good choice, but I don't have a TIG yet, and welding can be expensive to sub out. We might just have to use the 14ga and have it coated.

Just to give you an idea of how cheap the bends can be there...

http://store.racing-solutions.org/index.html
Old 10-05-2007 | 10:37 AM

Car: 1992 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 3.1
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Auburn Posi

Bah! You misunderstood me, I guess I didn't make myself clear, I want more pics!!! Hehehe.
Old 12-01-2007 | 07:01 PM

Car: 89 V6 Camaro
Engine: 2.8
Axle/Gears: 3.42 open diff

How is the car comming along Street Lethal? I want to see this car finished, its a cool project.
Old 12-01-2007 | 08:16 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

The car finally looks like a car again, although, she's still not boosted yet. Body is done, but believe it or not, I threw the stock plain Jane hood back onto it. Interior is pretty much done, but the stock headliner got screwed up, so I'm having a buddy (well, his wife) fix it up for me. Been talking to this guy that I met named Ben, and am eagerly looking forward to racing him with the final product (he drives an EVO, Click Here). Was seriously considering throwing in a Grand National engine, but I can't bring myself to doing it. She's staying w/the 3.1 though, that's for sure....
Old 12-01-2007 | 08:47 PM
Supreme Member

Testing waters ...

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...ers/?start=all

Quick Reply: Project: "BTA" Boosted Trans Am.....