V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

New V6 Performance Company :need feedback!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New V6 Performance Company :need feedback!!!!

thats right guys urs truley has been thinking about starting my own side lil company,in attempts to bring more products that we need to the v6 community.
aftre much thinking im pretty sure i am going to go threw with it.
id like some feed back from u guys on what kind of parts u would like to see made available.

#1 hot pipes for turbo kits (only the pipeing no turbo no wastegate etc,just the custom ypipes and downpipes/flanges) - complete built on an per order basis (cost dependant on ur turbo selection i.e 5 bolt flanges/vband flanges etc) does not include intercooler pipes. - ready for ordering - contact me for pricing/time of delivery

#2 long tube headers ( In development)

#3 upper manifolds(with choice of tb flanges) -Prototype near completion

#4 fabricated aluminum valve covers - Prototype near completion

#5 cyl head porting,milling and rebuilding service - Contact me for options/pricing/availability

#6 strut tower braces - 2 pt adjustable bars are done 100.00's + shipping ----- 3 pt bars in the near future

all above are deffinates

all below are possible items

#1 full turbo kits (all hotpipes.oil lines,wastegate,bov,intercooler ,turbo ,injectors etc full bolt on and go kit) prices to be determined by options of fmic,bov,intercooler,and or turbo

#2 full aluminum cyl head swap kit,will consist of reman heads/lsx valve springs/locks retianers/custom sheetmetal manifold.with options for rocker arm ratios - in development

#3 sheetmetal manifolds for iron and aluminum heads - aluminum head version in development with iron head version soon to follow

#4 60* v6 to 90* v8 trans adapters including t56 kits - in development

#5 complete turn key turbo engines ( 3.1 or 3.4 ranging from basic 250 hp 3.1's upto 400+hp 3.4's)

all above are depndant on what kind of feedback i get on them,and how many ppl would buy this kind of stuff.and id like to hear what other kind of parts u would like to see.

Website comming soon

Last edited by daves12secV6; 09-19-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:46 PM

Car: 85 camaro sport coupe
Engine: 2.8 MFI
Transmission: v6 700R4 wish it was a 5spd Stick
Axle/Gears: Stock non posi 3.42s
with my new job im gonna have a lot of extra cash here in a few months once i get things paid off so i hope you will still be at it around the end of the year.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:50 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 Firebird
Engine: 3.1L V6
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Peg Leg
Im liking the idea of the headers and valve covers.

I also like the idea of the aluminum heads.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:53 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 13 Ram 1500/ 78 Formy
Engine: 5.7 / 7.4
Transmission: 6sp / TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.55 posi / 3.23
thinks back to the camaro_hunter_d headers I STILL HAVE, and the wonderful threadsd/posts that followed, along w/the pace setter/ other brand headers.

I jsut hope you get more than jsut initial interest, & then no one orders. I'll be going 3.4 again real soon, and am lookoing forward to what you'll have to offer the 60*v6 community.

any possibilty of burning chips to go along w/the upgrades?
Old 09-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Project: 85 2.8 bird
thinks back to the camaro_hunter_d headers I STILL HAVE, and the wonderful threadsd/posts that followed, along w/the pace setter/ other brand headers.

I jsut hope you get more than jsut initial interest, & then no one orders. I'll be going 3.4 again real soon, and am lookoing forward to what you'll have to offer the 60*v6 community.

any possibilty of burning chips to go along w/the upgrades?
yes chips are a big possibility,i have all the software/hardware to do so,i dont want to say im gonna offer them though just cause i myself am still learning alot about ecm tunning.
wether or not i will do this depends on how comfortable i get with tunning,i have no fear of doing it on my own car,but when it comes to other ppls cars its a diff story
Old 09-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Supreme Member

btw the site will be www.Lethalv6.com
But for nwo and for testing purposes im using Lethal V6
i deff suck at building websites so hopefully i canb get some help and get a full site up and running within a week or so
Old 09-19-2006, 02:25 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1985 Camaro, 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0L carbed and 5.0L TPI
Transmission: TH700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 and 3.27 posi
It all sounds good (in fact you'll have a PM from me shortly regarding the turbo hot pipes). Price your stuff competitively and you can't lose. Performance parts for domestic V6s is definitely an overlooked market.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:18 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1998 Camaro Z28
Engine: 6.0L
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.73
I'll be going 3.4 again real soon, and am lookoing forward to what you'll have to offer the 60*v6 community.

HA!!! we knew youd be back from the dark side, lol
Old 09-19-2006, 06:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0L
Transmission: AUTO, 56k orig
im in, especially the porting and rebuilding of my heads...
Old 09-19-2006, 10:17 AM

Car: 91 RS
Engine: 5.0 tbi
Transmission: 700r4
hell I might end up hookin up some sells for ya at the other shop I do pt at. prolly a couple turbos and stuff. the got like 5 v6's in there alot
Old 09-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Camaro
Engine: 3.1/3100 in progress...Turbo Soon
Sounds like a great idea...definatly interested. Keep us posted.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 Firebird
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Peg Leg
If your looking for just a basic HTML website, shoot me a PM and I can probably help with that. I got out of PHP a long time ago, so I dont want to touch that
Old 09-19-2006, 06:22 PM

If you want another intake option I have been wanting to do a cross ram intake with dual TBs for my friend's bird. I dont think he'd mind if I mock stuff up on his car. after the first one I can crank out the intakes and ship them to you for finishing and selling. I could even do the finishing and ship finished ones from here if you want to go that way. Let me know if your interested
Old 09-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Supreme Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Car: 1991 Firebird
#4 60* v6 to 90* v8 trans adapters including t56 kits - in development

OOOOoooooo...lets get these 60° Performance parts available...i'm tired of only seeing thing only for 3.4-3800 engines.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:02 PM

Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA
i had my 1992 v6 for sale, but now your making me rethink.i would buy parts, no turbos, but i like the alum. heads, the headers, and different intake manifold, i would like to take my v6 and just make it efficient (i.e. heads, intake, and exhuast with tuning) and then hit it with a 50 or 75 shot of nitrous.i want to run nitrous on the six so if you could sell a kit with tuning for it i would buy, i am bugeted like most people but dont want to cheap out and know how much ballpark wise it will cost me.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by RSFreak
It all sounds good (in fact you'll have a PM from me shortly regarding the turbo hot pipes). Price your stuff competitively and you can't lose. Performance parts for domestic V6s is definitely an overlooked market.
pm replied, i need more specific information from u

Originally Posted by 1988CamaroSC
im in, especially the porting and rebuilding of my heads...
well u may be in luck looks like i will be getting 6 sets of iron heads and 4 sets of aluminum heads that i can do ahead of time,so i can have an exchange service,so very fast turn around times

Originally Posted by cooltc2004
If your looking for just a basic HTML website, shoot me a PM and I can probably help with that. I got out of PHP a long time ago, so I dont want to touch that
yes most deffinatly,ill send ya a pm in a bit

Originally Posted by Chewievette
If you want another intake option I have been wanting to do a cross ram intake with dual TBs for my friend's bird. I dont think he'd mind if I mock stuff up on his car. after the first one I can crank out the intakes and ship them to you for finishing and selling. I could even do the finishing and ship finished ones from here if you want to go that way. Let me know if your interested
im deff intersted in this

Originally Posted by koolctk
i had my 1992 v6 for sale, but now your making me rethink.i would buy parts, no turbos, but i like the alum. heads, the headers, and different intake manifold, i would like to take my v6 and just make it efficient (i.e. heads, intake, and exhuast with tuning) and then hit it with a 50 or 75 shot of nitrous.i want to run nitrous on the six so if you could sell a kit with tuning for it i would buy, i am bugeted like most people but dont want to cheap out and know how much ballpark wise it will cost me.
i will have prices sorted out soon, im in the middle of talking with a few parts supliers, so once i get some solid numbers on cost i can begin to set prices.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Supreme Member

im very happy to see alot of interest in new parts,conversion kits etc.
hell ive already spoken with a few ppl about doing some turbo stuff.

what i really need from u guys,is more input on stuff u would like to be made available besides what i have listed so far.so far turbo components/kits and manifolds seem to have the most interest.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:00 PM

Unfortunately I dont even own one of these cars, but my friend and I have been looking at starting a business much like yours, focusing on the lesser known engines including the 60* of course. I am working on a couple of different parts for my cars that may or may not hit the market but pehaps we could arrange a network for parts or something. I assume that you have certain equipment that we dont have and we might have something that you dont which might allow for a greater versatility in manufacturing if you can make stuff for us we can make stuff for you.

I mentioned the intake because I have been making something similar for one of my other projects and it might make a twin turbo setup on your engine easier or it might just look cool. I dont know.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Chewievette
Unfortunately I dont even own one of these cars, but my friend and I have been looking at starting a business much like yours, focusing on the lesser known engines including the 60* of course. I am working on a couple of different parts for my cars that may or may not hit the market but pehaps we could arrange a network for parts or something. I assume that you have certain equipment that we dont have and we might have something that you dont which might allow for a greater versatility in manufacturing if you can make stuff for us we can make stuff for you.

I mentioned the intake because I have been making something similar for one of my other projects and it might make a twin turbo setup on your engine easier or it might just look cool. I dont know.
i work in a family owned race car shop,so i have just about all the machinary neacasary to build just about anything,only wish we had a cnc machine would mak eprodustion of some of these parts alot easier
Old 09-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Supreme Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Car: 1991 Firebird
Is this going to be purely engine performance parts? Or will you be talking to certain manufacturers about things such as suspension performance parts for these cars? I talked to a guy that told me DropZone quit making lowering springs for these cars, but they MAY make them within 4-6months.

ALSO, i'm sure you've seen Hawks LS1 thirdgen camaro, the turbo is back by the rear axle. Would you consider making a kit like that?
Old 09-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird
Is this going to be purely engine performance parts? Or will you be talking to certain manufacturers about things such as suspension performance parts for these cars? I talked to a guy that told me DropZone quit making lowering springs for these cars, but they MAY make them within 4-6months.

ALSO, i'm sure you've seen Hawks LS1 thirdgen camaro, the turbo is back by the rear axle. Would you consider making a kit like that?
i can do suspension stuff,stuff like tubular control arms,lca relocation brackets,but there are many ppl that make this kind of stuff already,so it snot worth it for me to build and sell that kind of stuff.i wont be doing any remote mount turbos for the v6 cars,there is no need,since there is tons of room in th ev6 engine bays for single or twin turbos
Old 09-19-2006, 11:02 PM

Car: 1986 Trans Am/1993 Trans Am
Engine: 305 .030 over built/ LT1 Bolt Ons
Transmission: t5/700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.43 Posi/3.23 Posi
Very good idea, but do you have the time and money to get it going??? Alot of v6 people would want something thats cheap and gets a boom in hp. The headers is great considering theres uh just pacesetter. Another good thing would be if you can do really good heads that will crank us up past a 9.3:1 CR and give us some good horses? just my thoughts on this!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:25 AM

Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA
all i know is that the intake for the 60* suck *****.the intake and headers seem like the best thing to do even if thats all you do, and you would be the only one right now doing it.maybe custom grind cams for the engine to match the turbo or nirous along with a tuned prom.but i say do intake and exhuast first then go into heads since heads wont be useful without the other two, just from a business perspective of how far you want to take the company.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:57 AM

Car: 91 RS
Engine: 5.0 tbi
on a side note asp can custom make any pulleys......I checked for my cutlass and it was 325 for a set (crank, alt, wp) that looked plain jane....never know they were a set of underdrives. they said an alum set was cheaper. so I'm sure if you went to them needin more then 1 set it'd be less.
and then again they already make the crank and for a custom like mine they wanted 85
Old 09-20-2006, 11:05 AM

Car: 88 Camaro
Engine: 2.8l v6
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 1 wheeler peeler!
I think a upper intake manifold would be great. Also a CA smog legal turbo kit. That would be really cool. And maybe a real CARB legal CAI for N/A v6s.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:57 AM

Car: 91 Camaro RS(RealSlow)
Engine: 3.1L
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: unknown/mostlikelycrappy
how about some performance throttle body for 3.1?
Old 09-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Supreme Member

theese parts wont have an eq or carb numbers,so ill have to sell them as for off road use only.

as far as tb's,those are something i can build right now.machining the plates requires a special fixture to machine the 2 angles on the edge of the butterfly.i dont have the prper fixture for doing this.though i may look into farming out the butterfly machining though that is prolly gonna be exspensive.most places u farm out work to only want to do runs of 100+ parts at a time.i cant lay out that kind of money at this point,specially if im only gonna sell a handful of them
Old 09-20-2006, 03:52 PM

Car: 1987 Camaro
Engine: 3.4 Liter
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: stock
Dave youa re 1 step ahead of me. What I have been doing is trying to design a website for us V6'ers. Something where we can go to and finsd all that we need for our cars. I still have a few venders I need to contact and get permission to list their links on the site. When this is done we don't have to search for anything just go to the site and you can find just about everything you need there. I would be wise for you to create a site for your Performance Shop also. If you would like some assistance with it just let me know and I can swing a few ideas your way.

Keep up the good work!!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 180 Likes on 157 Posts
I've been taking my time with the 3.1's rebuild, as with any engine build-up, DCR/SCR is critical, especially when running w/boosted applications. Camshaft has already been decided, with, I feel, the perfect specs for running a Turbo...

Raceway Park, literally, is like a second home to us. We're always there. If your serious about running with
Old 09-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Supreme Member

I've been taking my time with the 3.1's rebuild, as with any engine build-up, DCR/SCR is critical, especially when running w/boosted applications. Camshaft has already been decided, with, I feel, the perfect specs for running a Turbo...

Raceway Park, literally, is like a second home to us. We're always there. If your serious about running with the Lethal V6 company, I'd be more than happy to throw the logo on my '92's windshield, as she makes her first ten second pass down the quarter mile (vette doctors made a killing that way)....

Seriously though, when the first product has been fabricated, let me know... as I'll purchase, install, and test, for those who are looking for some honest feedback before purchase (of course, my feedback will include an mpg. file of me going down the track along with it)....
Old 09-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Street Lethal

Raceway Park, literally, is like a second home to us. We're always there. If your serious about running with the Lethal V6 company, I'd be more than happy to throw the logo on my '92's windshield, as she makes her first ten second pass down the quarter mile (vette doctors made a killing that way)....

Seriously though, when the first product has been fabricated, let me know... as I'll purchase, install, and test, for those who are looking for some honest feedback before purchase (of course, my feedback will include an mpg. file of me going down the track along with it)....
sure thing,lol raceway park is my backyard pretty much my second home as well.just not as much as i would have liked it to have been this year.

i deff need an na car for testing purposes since the majority of these parts wont be going on turbo cars,so using my car or another turbo car for testing really isnt good
btw street the new sheetmetal upper manifold should be completed within 1 week 2 at the longest.Its an open plenum design,and it effectivly cuts down on runner lenght for mor emid to upper rpm power.i still have to figure out a way to make a new ac compressor brace that will still bolt to the manifold though

Last edited by daves12secV6; 09-21-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Daves12secondV6
i deff need an na car for testing purposes since the majority of these parts wont be going on turbo cars,so using my car or another turbo car for testing really isnt good.
I've been taking it really slow with the '92, in fact, aside from the block rebuild, worked heads, and custom camshaft (via Thunder Racing), I haven't done anything yet regarding it's turbo. I've been contemplating an STS design, but decided not to go that route though. The turbo installation will be on hold for awhile, while everything else gets finished up. New additions include a fiberglass hood, as well as a fiberglass notchback, and fourth generation rear. Completely re-did the interior Black, which now sports a dual gauge pillar pod, overhead console, and Hurst shifter...

Will be checking out your turbo set-up for additional ideas this weekend, but in the meantime, I'll have more than enough time to install some, if not all, of your upcoming products. The majority of them will more than likely be able to be applied to boosted applications in the long run, so it's a plus for me.

Originally Posted by Daves12secondV6
btw street the new sheetmetal upper manifold should be completed within 1 week 2 at the longest. Its an open plenum design,and it effectivly cuts down on runner lenght for mor emid to upper rpm power. i still have to figure out a way to make a new ac compressor brace that will still bolt to the manifold though...
Let me know once your finished, as I'll be the first to order one. As for the compressor brace, is it just the matter of "stretching" the original brace, or will you need to re-design it entirely? Stretching it will be easy. Link two stock braces to fit (cut and bend where necessary), then tig weld them together...
Old 09-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Supreme Member

its gonna be a complete redisign on that brace,i could just modify the stock one but that wouldnt look to good
Old 09-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 13 Ram 1500/ 78 Formy
Engine: 5.7 / 7.4
Transmission: 6sp / TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.55 posi / 3.23
stupid question, I hope, but the new manifold will allow easy removal the valve covers will it not?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Supreme Member

stupid question, I hope, but the new manifold will allow easy removal the valve covers will it not?
yes u will be able to pull the valve covers without removing the manifold,but im only building a full sheetmetal manifold for the aluminum head swap,that manifold for the head swap will allow u to run the distributor instead of having to swap to dis ign system.as of right now im only going to be offering an upper plenum for the 2.8/3.1 cars.the upper plenum alone should be worth a good bit of power,as ive machined in some pretty trick entrances to each individul runner,that actually take half of that sharp *** bend in the runner out,not to mention ill be effectivly taking away about 3-4 inches of runner length with the new upper plenum,so it should make some nice mid to high range power.i am expecting to see some low rpm tq loss though just how much i cant say until ive goten it on a car and on the dyno.if all goes well with the upper plenum,and then the full custom sheet metal manifold for the aluminum heads,i will probably make one for the iron heads as well.problme is gonna be cost,there is a helluva lot of machine work to make the lower half of the manifold,so it may cost to much to justify making an iron head version.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:51 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 749 Posts
I'll be completely honest with you... I think that you'll be losing money trying to profit from thirdgen V6 owners. From the very start you're dealing with people who didn't have enough concern or the financial resources to buy a V8 car to begin with. So why do they own a V6 thirdgen? Cause it was cheaper, cause they didn't know how much better a V8 car would perform, or they didn't care, etc.

The reason you don't see more 60* V6 performance parts out there, or extremely fast V6 thirdgens, isn't because no one has had the idea... It's because it's more expensive to build a performance 2.8 or 3.1 then a V8, and there's little or no market. By it's very nature, the 6cyl Fbody is about being cheap. It doesn't matter if it can be made fast, unless it's a lot cheaper then a V8 and even then the V6 is still saddled with the economy stigma, and the negative reputation of a smaller displacement engine.

There are a lot of hurdles to cover before you even get to having parts made, and marketing. Asking folks here what they want is like the kid that goes into the candy store and goes to the counter with $15 worth of candy and only a nickle in his/her pocket to pay for it. Everyone will tell you their wildest dreams and follow along with great enthusiasm, until it comes time to cut the check or part with the hard earned money.

I wish you the best of luck, but if you want to profit from offering 60* V6 performance parts, try the Fiero community. They are more interested in maximum performance, and they're more willing to shell out the bucks for a good product.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:14 AM
Supreme Member

its not all about making money,i dont plan on selling lots of this stuff,all this stuf fim going to offer was originally for my own car,but i figured **** it,if i can turn a few parts out and make some money and help out some fellow v6'ers then why not,the aftermarket for the 60* motor isnt all that bad,its just lacking a few decent parts,mainly intakes,and good headers.Cams/heads/pistions are out there,just have to know were to look.

ive owned numerous v8 camaros both 305/350's.ive riped the 6cyls out of some and droped in 350's.
fact is for 800$'s u can take a bone stock 3.1 and run faster then an perfect condition L98 car(at only 5-7 psi of boost).ive only scratched the surface with my engine,and im deep into the 12's,looking to go high 11's by the end of the season.depending on how much longer my 10 bolt holds up.
it is fun to do somethign everyone thinks cant be done.or they say is a waste of time.

as far as the hurdles to cover with the parts,ive been working on many of theese parts for months now,just havent said anything.

granted the new motor is far from being on the cheap side,but im having fun doing it,its a hobby,and a challenge.anyone can put a sbc into the 10's,not many ppl can put a 200ci motor into the 10's,and thats just what im hoping to do with the 3.4.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:37 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Drew
I'll be completely honest with you... I think that you'll be losing money trying to profit from thirdgen V6 owners. From the very start you're dealing with people who didn't have enough concern or the financial resources to buy a V8 car to begin with. So why do they own a V6 thirdgen? Cause it was cheaper, cause they didn't know how much better a V8 car would perform, or they didn't care, etc...
I strongly disagree, although I more than respect your opinion. People elected to go the V8 route simply because the aftermarket never stepped up to the plate, in reference to V6 performance. If the public was aware (back then) that the 2.8/3.1's were able to run similar times to that of the V8, GM would have taken a huge loss in profits (as is definitely evident today, with the advent of Import cars running smaller engines, yet just as performance oriented. GM is ready to go belly up)...

If an aftermarket company, say, ten years ago, stepped up to the plate with a turbo system (complete with FMU, BOV, Intercooler etc...), for the F-Body, you wouldn't be saying this today. In my opinion, yes, Dave has his work cut out for him. But he is in no way wasting his money, or his time. There are literally millions of these cars out there that are either for sale, or still being run on the street. The only thing left to do, is, get the word out....

I myself have plans for my '92, and it will be running tens when I'm finished with her. Yes, my 454 runs tens as well.... but to have a 3.1 running the same times, along with getting excellent gas mileage, I'll have myself an honest to G-D ten second "work commute" car, something that is not seen everyday....
Old 09-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Supreme Member

Would the full aluminum cyl head swap kit come with new pistons that would drop the comp. back down? Or a product number of pistons that would work? Also will 1.6 rockers work with the valve covers?
Very interested in that and the valve covers.

Wow, I just keep coming up with questions. I have a set of headers that I havent put on yet. Will they still work if I get the aluminum heads?

Last edited by grimmcs; 09-22-2006 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '88 Camaro / '91 Camaro RS
Engine: 3.1L MPFI V6 / 3.1 MPFI V6
Transmission: 700R4 / 700R4
Axle/Gears: ??? / 3.23's
well, I for one, would definately be interested in purchasing a turbo kit and other various performance parts as a i just got a rebuilt motor for free and dropped it in... I think this is just what us V6 guys need...
Old 09-22-2006, 11:47 AM

Car: 92 Firebird - 97 Talon TSi AWD
Engine: Firebird: 3.1L - Talon: 2.0L
Transmission: Firebird: 700r4
I have been planning on turbocharging my 3.1 for years now. I just never thought they actually made any performance parts for it at all. I found a few things but I can say that there would be a strong market for it. Lots of kids don't know much about their cars when they first get them. They don't care if its a v8 or a v6, as long as it looks good. Thats exactly how I was when I got my Firebird 6 years ago. Using forums and doing a lot of reading I've learned so much I never imagined I would know. Now, I actually have the knowledge to build up the 3.1 but I am lacking the manufactures that produce the parts. If you do go through with this, I shall be interesting in buying parts that will benefit a boosted setup.

Just out of curiosity though, will 2.8 headers fit the 3.1 or are they completely different? If different, I think you should pursue the 3.1 headers as I have been looking for these for a long time now.

Keep up the excellent work.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:01 PM

Car: 91 Camaro RS(RealSlow)
Engine: 3.1L
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: unknown/mostlikelycrappy
its half true, at least for me,
that I bought a v6 caz I couldnt afford the gas for v8.

but it doesnt mean im not willing to spend money on this car,
so yeah.

I'd be definately interested in all the stuff u listed..
ported heads, custom intakes sounds very lovely.

even better how u can take valve cover off without them removed.. that sounds great!
Old 09-23-2006, 02:41 AM
Supreme Member

Of the 9 Camaros I've owned, 5 have been V8s, including my ZZ4 powered '68. Of all of them, I am most excited about making this one fast. Its about doing more with less. I'll go forced induction over cubic inches and my car will be cooler because of it. Don't get me wrong, I miss my '85 Z28. With a few bolt-ons and alot of tuning, that LB9 was quick! Go with the cubes if thats your thing. To me style means doing it differently than everybody else.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:41 AM

Car: 1990 2500 Suburban. Traded the Fbody for it.
Engine: 350 TBI
Transmission: 400
More cubes with the same work will always be faster period.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:50 AM

Car: 92 Firebird - 97 Talon TSi AWD
Engine: Firebird: 3.1L - Talon: 2.0L
Transmission: Firebird: 700r4
Originally Posted by 90Suburban
I really disagree with this statement. Have you ever seen turbocharged DSM's in action before? A little 122 cubic inch 4 cylinder that'll run mid 14's with a simple open element and exhaust. Oh yeah, they are quite impressive cars.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 90Suburban
If your Suburban is so much faster, and youre so against people working on v6s, why do you keep coming back. Quit posting and wasting space.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Supreme Member

Suburban, making more power with more cubes is a given, and is not the point. Your obviously always going to have more torque with more cubic inch displacement. The point here, if you were paying attention, is, making more power with less cubes. I myself dropped in a 454, replacing the LB9 that my '86 Iroc came with, and yes, the power potential is unreal (I run tens with it in my sleep). Yippie, yay, but now I'm bored with it. Anybody could have done that for crying out loud.

I don't mean this as an insult, but, you've obviously been living in a cave for the last ten years or so to think that a V6 can't make some serious power. Grand Nationals, T-Type's, TTA's are all some serious factory muscle that were released by Detroit. I see all versions of the Turbo 3.8 running in the nine's each and every week, and if you think running nine's is slow, well, someone's in for a serious reality check...
Old 09-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Supreme Member

off topic but street lethal wait till u see what i did with the car today,ill post up a new thread with pics soon as i get home,im still at the shop working on the car,though ull prolly see it in person tom lol
Old 09-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Grand Nationals, T-Type's, TTA's are all some serious factory muscle that were released by Detroit. I see all versions of the Turbo 3.8 running in the nine's each and every week, and if you think running nine's is slow, well, someone's in for a serious reality check...
I was just waiting for someone to chime in with TTAs and GNs!
Old 09-24-2006, 03:08 AM

Car: 2002 Camaro z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 2.73 stock, stock, stock
Did I hear you need a website?

I'm a professional web designer with extensive knowlege of graphic design, asp, html, javascript, flash, actionscript, etc...

My baby is also a '91 with a 3.1. Maybe we can strike a deal? Hit me up if you're at all interested.

-brandotron

Quick Reply: New V6 Performance Company :need feedback!!!!