V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

U-pull it / junk yards in NY & NJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
U-pull it / junk yards in NY & NJ

ok guy's i'm in need of a few parts so can you give me some

address phone numbers and or directions from the GWB
Old 08-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Iroc
Engine: lb9
Transmission: wc t-5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.08 posi
what parts?
Old 08-27-2004, 03:19 PM

just a buch of different small items for several differnet cars
i've just never been to one so a few guy's on my block wanted to head out shopping this weekend just to see what we could find
Old 08-31-2004, 01:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
Try those on-line phone books... go to http://www.yellowpages.com and click on "Browse Index" below the category word. Then put in your state (and town if you want), and click "Find"... then click on the word "Automotive", then on the next screen, click on "Parts and Accessories", and finally on the next screen click "Automobile Wrecking".

If you've never been to one, here's a tip- bring every damn tool you can think of. I've learned; I try to bring my whole set with me. Socket set, breaker bars, ratchet extensions, hacksaw, hammer, cold chisels and safety goggles, vise grips, some kind of spray penetrant like liquid wrench, razor blade (cuts hoses and fan belts), screwdrivers, wrenches, torx bits, maybe even a hydraulic jack. Also bring paper towels (if you get greasy, you've gotta drive home!!) and garbage bags (for greasy parts). If you're gonna get dirty (which might mean actual mud!), put an old sheet over your car's seat. If you're driving far you might want a spare set of shoes so you don't track mud OR OIL all over your carpet.

Use common sense when sliding under a car- if it's not secure, don't get under. I've seen guys try to jack a car up by putting 50 tires underneath- you'll never see me get under something like that! Oh and watch out for big freakin spiders; I got bit when I was pulling a 2.8's distributor.

Another tip- an empty antifreeze bottle with the cap still on makes a great drain pan; lay the bottle on it's side and use a blade to cut out the side. Then you can slide the bottle under a rear axle to let the fluid drain out so you can check the gears; and then you just bring that bottle up (carefully) to the yard office, and when they tell you where to dump the fluid, you just remove the cap and slowly pour the oil outta the cap.

Remember- if you see an amazing part, chances are, unless you take it off that day, it'll be gone the next day. (I missed out on a 3.73/posi/disc axle, took me months to find another one. I also missed out on the rare aluminum rear brake drums, and a split rear seatback with perfect cloth that matched my seats; never found those again.)

Last edited by TomP; 08-31-2004 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:26 AM

Car: camaro88RS
Engine: 2.8l
Transmission: 700-R4
i know one in nj that has a lots of v6s.The name of the junkyard is absolute. Don't have the phone # butthey are located in middlesex city.You have to get off on exit 13 of 287,make a right of the ramp, go straith for about 4 lights pass the school in your left then make a right at the next light(CR 527),left at next light, then go abouta mile or two until you see the Lincoln statue, Should be your next right over the train tracks.If not just ask someone.A good reference is if you look at the signs on the intersection is a lane that is a right turn only.now good look.I know for sure they have about 6 or 7 V6 there.