V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

Update on Tran and hugh puddle of tran fluid now

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004 | 01:56 AM

Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
Update on Tran and hugh puddle of tran fluid now

Hey Everyone,

I returned to the trans shop today (4th time) and the inspected my car and road tested the car again and said it was driving fine shifting from 1-2@30mph@4000rpm's and it seems that it neturals its self when your coasting as well, which they say is normal!

This eve I was going to run to my store to grab some paper work. I pulled into traffice and ran the rpm's up and well it shifted from 1-2@something like 35mph@5000rpm's. After returning home I noticed a hugh puddle of trany fluid where I park the Firebird in the garage.

I had noticed some gunky on the ground effects behind the doors and on the rear quartes the other day but just figured I had ran thru something on the road(wrong its trans fluid as well)

I am going to check the fluid levels in the am and see how low it is, Then on Monday I am going to take it to another trans shop and have them inspect the car and tell me if anythings wrong with it and what it need's to be fixed.

what ways would everyone go about this? The trans shop that repaired the car for me does all the trans work for the place where I got the car.

The owner of the car lot has been really helpful so far they paid half of the cost of the rebuild as well. Then when I had the issues with the Tv cable(aftermarket one) he called them and told them to get the correct one for my car and to fix it like it should have been. He told me to let him know if I had any more issues with the car or Trans shop as well.

I am thinking I should take the car and the est. for fixing what ever is wrong over to him first before going to the Trans shop. The car was sold as is, but so far they have been really great at helping when something has went wrong.

I just need some input on what everyone would do at this point.

I really would rather get someplace else to fix what ever the place that fixed the car hasnt fixed, I mean 4 times?

Thanks for all the input on this matter

Donnie H.
Old 05-02-2004 | 03:40 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 85 firebird
Engine: Pos 2.8 pulled and replaced with a 350 tpi motor converted to carb.
Transmission: 700r4, vette servo,shift kit, hayden 15"x8" trans cooler.
I think you need to get a little pissed with this place and threated a law suite if the repairs are not made correctly. Is it a reputable garage?
Old 05-02-2004 | 07:15 AM

Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
Yeah,

Thats what I was thinking myself as well. I had ask around to my friends from work before I ever took the car there and several that have lived in Tucson forever, said its been in bussiness here in Tucson for around 40 years now.

I am going to go have it check on Monday and see what some of the other places tell me to start with. And then go from there on what to do I guess.

The place I got my Firebird has a really nice looking 3rd gen Yellow 305 Camaro on the lot now (UGHHH) Wish it had been there back in febuary when I got the Firebird now, The Firebird is in mint shape besides the Trans issues we are having with it.

Thanks for the input

Donnie H.
Old 05-02-2004 | 02:29 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 85 firebird
Engine: Pos 2.8 pulled and replaced with a 350 tpi motor converted to carb.
Transmission: 700r4, vette servo,shift kit, hayden 15"x8" trans cooler.
go see how much it is (the v8 firebird) maybe you can do a trade and some cash deal if your not to attached to your car now.