V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

Two questions here...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004 | 11:53 PM

Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
Two questions here...

First question is this(I read one time about a classified section here on the board) How do I find it? All I can seem to find is the seller feedback part (is that it?)

Second question (pertains to question one) I need a passanger side T-Top for a 89 Fbird. I called every place around and no one even semi close to me that will ship me one has any.

I see them on ebay (but they dont list them as what I would think is correct) I have read on here there is several T-Tops out there. I want one that will fit my car for sure. If it helps it has the round type pins and was the cheap plastic ones.

I found out about the pipe I have been looking all over the place like crazy for.

One might think it shoulc be called the Coolant bypass pipe, well Gm just call's it a pipe.

They faxed me a parts page to see if I could tell them which it is. Guess what? Yeah typical they can no longer get them either!

I have called all the near junkyards on this item as well.... If anyone has one please please I need it really bad as mine broke in the center and no place will even fix the old one for me(and you cant easly run a hose as it tends to get into the belts )

Ughhh I want my car fixed agian (sucks only getting to drive it for 14 days and having it for almost 2 months now

Any junkyards that might have the parts and would be willing to ship them? Anybody have the parts and willing to sell them?

Thanks Guys

Donnie H.