V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

ok think I got the name of the part I need maybe!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004 | 09:15 PM

Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
ok think I got the name of the part I need maybe!

Ok the pipe that I have been tring to see if anyone has that they would sell to me(is called the coolant bypass pipe) or so I belive?

Its the one thats at the bottom of the lower intake and runs behind the alt to the hearet core junction....

If anyone has one or can get me one or knows anyone that has one please send them to me. I would like to get this part fixed so I might be able to start working on the trans issues next,before summer's over and I have missed my 1st with the new car

BTW is there any other car's maybe like the Lumina,blazer,****ation,cavalier I could rip this part off of and put on mine? The junkyards tell me they dont think those car's will swap with mine.

Thanks for any and all help

Donnie H.
Old 03-07-2004 | 12:00 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Engine: 2.7L V6
Transmission: 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.41
There is almost nothing on the FWD engines that will swap over to our RWD engines except for the lower intake manifold, crank, complete heads, and flywheels (maybe, don't really know). I know for sure the alternator bracket doesn't swap over... (want it? haha j/k) Since GM probably don't carry this part anymore, you will end up going to junkyards to grab one.
Old 03-07-2004 | 12:07 AM

Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
Any ideal's on junkyards that might have one? I checked all the ones I can think of between here(Tucson) and Phx, and no one claims to have any of them(ughh) go figure on that! such a simple part to replace and no one near me has the stupid part. I had thought of getting it rewelded or something, but every place I have taken the part to has more than pleanty of good excuss to not fix it for me. I belive this pipe might be pot metal or something like that, why did Pontiac do this to us in the 80's-90's!

Oh well just another POJ to take up space in the garage at this point (LOL)

Thanks for the help tho, its nice to have someone at least comment on it. seems like we have like 10 active members and not as many as it shows now days

Donnie H

89 White Bird with 76k that the Cancer society would turn away most likely