V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

Thirdgen's attract a-hello's

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 86-FireBird
Engine: -MPFI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3:42
Thirdgen's attract a-hello's

Is it just me or does everyone else find that people treat you more rudly in your thirdgen. Driving my wagon people give me room, make way and never act rude on the road. On the way home, a nice old guy with a truck load of stuff is waving people around him. I follow. Well the guy in front of me is doing like 45 and so is everyone else passing the truck, and then the guy starts brake checking all the way down to 10-20 mph until I am almost stopped.

No one in front of him and a clear road, tons of car behind me as he keeps hitting the brakes going slower and slower. Its like dude, the guy is waving everyone around so we can pass, Im just trying to get around and out of the way and this guy starts the brake game.

Of course it really ticks me off as I try not to hit him or get hit in the rear, and by then I wanted to know who he was and what his problem is. now here is where I could of just went home but I wanted to see who it was. [small neighborhood and ill tell his mamma on him] the guy turns and stops out of sight, I turn too and see him reaching into his trunk, I hit the gas and zip down the road past him with plenty of room. 2-3 feet.

The cops show up and say I tried to run him down in the parking lot, I said either take me to jail now or go away. A guy reaches into his trunk and should slowly drive by him??? sure I could of not turned but I wanted to see who it was. but be dammed if Im gonna see if he has a gun or not before taking off.

They said it would be up to the prosscuitor but kiss my bleep. I will fight. I also mentioned how they guy who lives only a few blocks away who stole and trashed my $500 mountain bike sits out side all the time but of course only when "I" have done somehing do they care. Still charges out on the guy but they never show up in time to catch him.

Ohh well, makes me wanna sell me car as in the wagon I get lots of respect as they see a big monter hunk of steel coming at them. Might hafta road warrior up the Bird. Put a crash bar with some spikes on the nose, chicken wire over the windows, spinning razor spikes on the rims and enough of a mock up of a m60 on the roof with some sound effects to make poeple just dirve off the road and into a tree to get out of my way.

Matt

I can take some blame but a guy reaching for a "gun" in the trunk is no time to drive through a parking lot slowly.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 Chevy Camaro Hardtop
Engine: Turbocharged/Intercooled 3.1
Transmission: World Class T5 5 Speed
Did you tell the cops that?

Hell, I get that a lot. Actually once had a cop tell me if I couldn't handle the speed of the Camaro, maybe I needed to get a different car. Jesus, it's a 17 second 2.8

(story behind that - female cop someone figures that at an intersection, with her in the turn lane, that i cut off the car behind me at the stoplight, and that I was 'speeding' (limit is 65) because it took her some time to wait for a red light, pull a U turn, and catch me. I never once exceeded 65mph, but since it took her longer than she liked, I was 'hot rodding in a powerful car')
Old 07-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Supreme Member

Oh yea, when the sergeant showed up I walked up to him and said, if you wanna take me lets go.

Then he said how he had this problem with me before. a guy in a van did a nascar move on me and clipped my nose.
Of course it was not my fault and I got a grand out of it.

But of course the guy in the sports car is to blame every time.

I often wonder if a V8 would just makes thing worse as I would be closer to the a-hello's but at time it would be nice to be able to drop
the hammer and go. The bird runs so well and is just so dam good on gas. I save $20 week drive the Bird over the wagon. Which give
me about $100 a month I can drop into the Bird without losing anything really but geese.

I never get tickets, never get into accidents, never do anything but find real a-hello's on the road. It has happened 3 times now. Once in
the wagon and twice in the bird. The one with the wagon the guy tried to blame me and claimed like $13,000 in damages to his car,
after a few trips to the court house he was soon in trouble for fraud and for playing demo durby with his car.

Matt

Last edited by Gumby; 07-21-2003 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:24 PM
Banned

Car: 88 BMW 535i
Engine: 3.5L M30
Transmission: 4HP22E
Originally posted by Gumby
a gay in a van did a nascar move on me and clipped my nose.
im gay.

j/k
Old 07-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Chevy Camaro RS
Engine: 283
Transmission: 700r4 Auto
i had some kid give me the middle finger the other day on the interstate i dont know if he didnt like my sign or could have been an offer lol....i dont know what it is about me but it seems like everyone like pulling out in front of me when im almost to them,its like they cant see me or something,wtf??

btw the sign reads "bad azz girls drive bad azz toys"
Old 07-21-2003, 08:59 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 85 Camaro SC
Engine: V6
Transmission: 700r4
I got pulled over the very first day I drove my car into town. The cop comes up to me and says "you werent speeding, but I dont want to see you hotroding this here camaro around town like an drunk idiot" I nicely asked him if I could show him my massive 8sec hot rod motor. HE agreed and left after seeing the v6.

Then the other day I was driving thru town at the end of a line of 5 cars. There were these two women getting ready to jaywalk across the road. Well they did it in front of me. I swereved into the middle turning lane and they looked at me weird and fliped me off I turn around and go tell them to look both ways before jaywalking. They inturn told me to STFU because they had the right of way Even thou they were jaywalking across a busy town highway I had to end the conversation right away beacuse I busted out laughing, it wasnt a chuckle either :sillylol:

And lastly people always seem to pull out infront of me, hey thats a sport car he'll stop while I slowly pull out in front of him while he doing 65!!!!!! That drives me crazy
Old 07-21-2003, 09:23 PM
Supreme Member

I should say this only happens in my uppity town of Oregon, which is kinda small. Toledo is the big town around here. Only in Oregon do people want to play NSCAR.

I also feel violated as the cops gave this person all my info
name, add, ss#, license # and willl leave it up to them.

That also show how much full of crap it is as the cops wont even bother to do any paper work them selfs as it would never make it past the night commanders desk.

Oregon is messed up, the Judge use to put people away for life on DUI's when he has been busted himself many times, smoked and killed a kid, but of course it never make it to the paper and who judges the judge??? Problem is no one will run aginst him.

Matt
Old 07-21-2003, 10:46 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 95 E-150 & 07 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Engine: A slow one & a fast one
Transmission: A bad one & a good one
Axle/Gears: A weak one & a chained one
I get cops that intentionally f--- with me sometimes it seems like, in the Mustang though. But they did it with the Camaro too. The other day I pull out onto a road with a speed limit of 35. So I'm going down the road at almost exactly the speed limit...havent hit overdrive yet and since my exhaust system is definitely not legal, my car is loud as crap. Well this Sherriff's car pulls up right behind me and rides my bumper all the way down the road. I pull off into the gas station and he takes the opposite turn lane and goes flying down the other road, clearly speeding. So I'm sitting in the car pissed off and then the guy next to me cracks his door open and goes "He was riding your a$$ wasnt he?" So I said yeah. He said "He was doing it to everyone on that road...tailgated us all the way down the road until he got on you. I've got his license, I'm gonna call up and report that a----hole..... By the way...your car sounds f----ing mean." To top it off, he was driving an import! But a classy one.....black...some kind of european job but it didnt look familiar.

That made my day.

Cops here are ******.

Last edited by Nixon1; 07-21-2003 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:24 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 CAMARO 1968 FIREBIRD
Engine: CAMARO 3.1L FIREBIRD 455
Transmission: CAMARO 700R4 FIREBIRD TH-400
Ive been pulled over 24 times in 2 years ive been pulled over for doing the speed limit to my car fits the description of a getaway car. But the 2 times ive been pulled over for no front licence plate the first time they said i had drugs on me i said no they they insisted where is the pot im all i dont have any so they get there dogs and tear apart my car then get pissed off when they dont find any drugs and tell me to leave. then last december i was pulled over again for no front licence plate the cop asks me to step out of the car im being very polite doing what he asks then he says you high i tell him im not he states first im drunk so he goes to he back of his car when 2 more sheriff's come they all come back and then say im high on cocaine im all officer im sober i dont do any of that. Then they insisted that i had done meth they checkd my eyes they siad my hart rate was 120 im all yah because i get pulled over for no reason then harassed how would you feel. Then they try to sit there and say if i admit to being high they will let me do drug court. I kept insisting i was not under any drugs. The ****** finaly let me go they wasted a hour and a half of my life all i wanted to do was go deposit my pay check in the bank. VENTURA COUNTY COPS SUCK BALLZ
Old 07-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 2012 Nissan Leaf
Engine: 80-kW AC synchronous electric motor
Transmission: Automatic
Axle/Gears: n/a
so the other day i gt pulled over in my v6 firebird going 70 in a 55. cop walks up to the window and says
PIG: "you know why i pulled you over."

Me:"yes,officer i do"
PIG: "how fast do you think you were going?"

ME: about 68 or 70
PIG (surprised at my honety) "uh, yeah, YOU WERE FLYING, any reason you are in such a hurry?

Me: (kinda long story about going to get paycheck at work)
PIG: well ok, lets take a look at your license, (i hand him license he runs it, runs rgistration) 'and can i see your insurance"?

ME: sure, it's in the glovebox in in the back, (we walk to back of car, i search frantically but am unsucsessfull. )
PIG: well, everything elese seems to b in order, i trust you on the insurance, i'll let you be on your way, you are in a hurry and i don't want to take up any more of your time, just try and slow it down okay?"

ME:yes officer

wow,i was ****ing lucky
Old 07-22-2003, 06:39 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 CAMARO 1968 FIREBIRD
Engine: CAMARO 3.1L FIREBIRD 455
Transmission: CAMARO 700R4 FIREBIRD TH-400
Some of the times ive been pulled over i have lernt one thing awalys be honest and they will be nice to you except when you have that stupid cop. I was don 90 in a parkinglot ran a stopsign it was like 2 am i get pulled over hes all halw fast were ya goin im all 70 or 80 any reason why no just being stupid then he ran my plates and licence and said dont do it again and let me go. Not all cops are bad if my IT carear dosent end out wokring my second thing i want to do is be a cop.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Supreme Member

Its just my town of Oregon. The cops are allways ready to film a cops episode.

Toledo police are real real nice though. I even out ran a Toledo cop once and he let me go. It was with my old 68 Galaxie , I was just out flying around, went down a familar road and then punched it hard. Well a few mins later as I was stopped at the stop light that caught me a cop comes flying up on me. I found out that he was righ behind me and I kinda left him in the dust. I told him it was runnin funny and I was just blowing off the plugs and all he did was tell me to slow my big greeen thing down.

Matt
Old 07-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1998 Camaro Z28
Engine: 6.0L
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.73
i was coming home one day after work going down a 35mph road. a cop drives past me and quickly whips around. he rides my *** for about a mile then hits the noise and cherries. i pull over and he walks up and asks for my license and registration. i give it to him and he asks if thats the license plate thats supposed to be on this car. (keep in mind, hes holding my f#cking registration, its got the plate number) i said yes and he asked if i was sure. uh yea. he runs my name and crap and comes back and asks if i was wearing a seat belt. i said i was and again asked if i was sure. i said ive had it on since i left the parking lot at work, 15 miles back. he just left. WTF was that about? i wish i would have gotten his name so i could have reported his stupid ***. he had no reason, never said anything about the way i was driving either. just wanted to give me ****.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:14 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Long story short...

Ran a red light, hit a bump in the road fast enough to get the car airborn (91 Grand Am). Did it all right in front of the cop. Pulls me over, all I got was a lecture
Old 07-25-2003, 03:31 PM

I dunno, ordinary drivers seem just as nice to me as usual. (That is open to interpitation, since Edmond drivers are lunatics.) But its the punk *** kids in their Hondas that always try and start crap. I usually just ignore them, but one time some kid pulled up next to me in a Honda with the BRU + (Basic **** Upgrade) package and was all revving at me and looking at me with this evil face. I ignored him but he wouldnt go away for almost 3 miles.

Well.. it may be a V-6, but I proved that day that im faster than a stock honda, at least I didnt even have to downshift from 4th to walk his ***
Old 07-25-2003, 07:00 PM

I dunno, had some problems with the local cops at first, but then after a year or two and seeing me around town everyday, they leave me alone.

As far as other people treating me badly, I have never had that whatsoever. Perhaps it's because my thirdgen isn't rusted out, and looks pretty damn nice when it's all cleaned up with the tops off, but people rarely ride on my tail, and ALWAYS seem to wave me over. Never had a problem with people in the camaro, it's different when I drive other non-sports/muscle cars, THAT'S when the rudeness kicks in.

The only peeps who are rude to me are the typical ignorant a$$ ricers around here. There's a ***** around here who makes a point of revving his neon everytime he sees me with my girl.

Uhh yea, me and my girl are REAL impressed with tha four-banger neon. 95% of the time I just want to be left alone.

Though I do stare at other camaros, unless it's the occasional camaro owner who appears to know nothing, then I give no attention back.

Though, I usually get the cold stare back from fellow V8 thirdgenners.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:51 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: 2.8L V6
I feel I should compile all these stories together in a book called something like "Third Gen Confessions" or something like that. I have more stories than I could shake a stick at. Last week I got pulled over in the interstate and the trooper says I was doing 77 in a 65. We discussed when he caught me and I said oh well when your brake lights came on I clearly saw 70 on my speedometer. Needless to say I still got a ticket and I will be seeing about calibrating my speedometer to see if I am wrong. Seems to me that you can get a good cop or one who needs to meet a quota.

I have seen enough things on the road to anger almost anyone. I remember a kid in some sort of non riced import try to come up and pass me in the right lane. I was like alright dude and I sped up a little bit to try to hold him behind the slow car so I could eventually get over so he could pass. Well he thought he was really slick and moves in on me while his bumper is at the middle of my right fender. I check up so that he won't hit me and he flips me off. Needless to say we got around the slow car and I pulled next to him and did the same gesture right back. He wanted to do like 90 and I was not into that so I was like go on dude I am not playing anymore.

I had another one this month where a guy merges onto the highway from an onramp then across the slow lane and right into me. It was good I was looking cause I slammed on the brakes and left about 10 feet of rubber on the pavement. When I drive over that patch of road you can see I was so far over left in my lane when it happened too it wasn't even funny. It's good that there was nobody behind me as well as they probably would have kissed my bumper.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:57 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: 2.8L V6
Gumby: Was this road a one lane road? I know in Virginia slow moving vehicles on a road like that are required to pull over to let traffic pass if it is on a one lane road like that.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:09 PM
Supreme Member

What I wish is Ohio would be like Texas. The friendly drive state or something like that. They make 2 lane roads 4 lanes wide and just as nice so people who want to drive fast can, people will just get over and out of the way.

They are so nice, they see ya coming a ile away and don't even think about it and just drift over into the "curb" lane. Every road is like that, with big nicly paved curb lanes.

People think they own the whole road all around them, like a force field of 30 feet that you should not break, even when they are in the wrong spot.

We got a new light off the eway and I am waiting to get a new car. People think they have the right to cut the turn big time and cross the doubble center line and almost clip you. and then act like your in the way. I am 2 feet from the white line???

Left of center dumb bleep, Your not even suppose to turn the wheel until your front tires are parrell with the center line. That and looking over my shoulder to much when changing lanes made me fail the drivers test 4-5 years back. [let it expire nd had to re-test PITA]

Matt
Old 10-31-2004, 03:22 AM

Car: 88 camaro
Engine: carby 350
Transmission: t-5 from v6 car
Black and White wanted to run

So I am getting on the freeway btwn 2 towns. I lay into the gas a little to get up to speed (and b/c it's fun). Well, there is this black and white behind me, from the town I am heading to, (out of jurisdiction I guess). Anyway, he gets next to me and looks over at me. I give him the friendly don't pull me over smile, and he smiles back. He punches it, then slows down, with a huge grin on his face. He is now gesturing that he wants me to get on it too. My car is pretty loud, sounds like it has some *****, I guess he noticed. I sheepishly shake my head in a Hell No fashion. After all, for all I knew, he'd pull me over after I hosed him. LOL. Anyway, he finally gives up on me and just hauls *** to the next town. In retrospect, I should have run him, it would have made a better story.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:43 AM

Car: 91 Firebird
Engine: 191ci 6cyl
I had a guy spit on my windshield one time while we were cruising at like 45. So I grabbed my soda, whipped in front of him and chucked it at his car and he took off.

I've never had a problem with the firebird, probably cause I'm flyin. The only ticket I've ever gotten was in my cavalier last year doing 96 in a 65. I've been caught doin 90 in a 65 in the firebird. 85 in a 55, all kinds of crap. Had a cop stop me and complain about how loud my car was "Sounds like a freight train going down the street." While he had me another cop pulled up and said he clocked me at 60 something in a 40 and couldn't catch me to pull me over. The cops are supposed to suck azz around here too.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:14 AM

Car: 91' Firebird
Engine: 3.1L V6
Axle/Gears: 3.23's
Yeah usually the cops here are ******, but when i got pulled over last month he was very gracious. He clocked me doing 48 in a construction zone of 25 with workers present. He walked up and asked me why i was in a hurry. I was coming from football and going home to shower and then to work which i was already late for. I ended up just getting a lecture. i think the thing that saved me was that when i saw him clock me i slowed down and let him catch up cuz it took him forever to turnaround. I think if i would have kept going it would have been real bad cuz my house is right on the corner and he would have seen my car. I could have easily gotten like a $200 ticket.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '99 Trans Am, '86 Camaro
Engine: LS1, Scrap
Transmission: T56, T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Stock ZT, 3.42 Open
You all know better. Wasn't tech to begin with, isn't tech now, all the new replies aren't tech, and there was no reason to ressurect it.