V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

How to kill a optima red top???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by V6sucker
It just becomes amatter is the trouble he causes worth the few technical help he gives...

I have pretty much already said what I think...
And I think the Mods have spoken as well...
I have also given them a few more things to check on sothat the next time he is banned, he might stay gone...

Anyway, to maker...
If there isnothing worng with the battery... why try to kill it?
I mean I donot know of any store that will give a "new" warranty on a replaced battery. It will carry the remainder of the original warrantry and that is about it.
They do that for obvious reasons, you are not the first one to try to pull this.

And I could probly create a few pages of complaints and rule breaking he has done... But what sums it up is he has been banned what? at least 20 times? and still manages to get back in through loop holes.
You sound like a woman. Get over it. At least I do not hide my old identity you hypocrate CHC. Theiven bastard header money stealer.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:18 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 BMW 545i
Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating
wow I feel there is some bad blood between you two?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:02 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by LT1guy
They can charge either one (at least the one I go to can), but you have to make sure that they put Optima red tops on their gel cell battery charger. The more knowledgeable employees there know this, but your average employee doesn't.
Do you prefer the yellow top or the red top?

Let me make sure I have this right. A yellow top is like a heavy duty red top, right? Meaning, it can take more abuse?

thanks
Old 11-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: a car being parted out
Engine: blown up
Transmission: in peices
Originally posted by V6#22
You sound like a woman. Get over it. At least I do not hide my old identity you hypocrate CHC. Theiven bastard header money stealer.
and you are still the moron that thinks my name is Joe.
I do not know how many times you have accused me of being him, but yet have provided -0- proof of it.

Even the moderators have said knock it off. So yet again you are being reported for accusing and bashing other members.

And yet again you display just how "helpful" and "how this board could not survive without you"...
It seems this is about all you are after constantly...
You always seem to want the respect of the other members but you forget that if you demean them, and speak down to them they tend to dislike and ignore you, not respect you.

I am also working with the moderators and helping them try to make sure that the next time you are , it will be the last time.

Last edited by V6sucker; 11-01-2005 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Banned

And you are not demeaning me right now with your last few posts antagonising me into here? You're a thief and a liar.

Show me proof what any of you have contributed to this boards to educate people that come into here?

Most of you on this V6 board simply repeatedly *guess* at throwing answers to someones asked problems. The same guesses you have read and so-called learned to do from other previous guessing answers. There is a humorous trend on this V6 board always. Very rarely do anything informative come around and when it does I am the guy that gives the adequate questions to trouble shoot something.

Case in point- the Trueleo intake. My questions were about *what could possibly be wrong with it*. Now thats not saying there is something wrong with it. HOWEVER(you kids listen real hard here) when you ask appropriate qwuestions to get info on basing a purchase decission and they can answer all of your issues in a satisfactory manor and you come to the deduction that there is nothing wrong with it. If you can't find a major critique about something then it is worth buying. But everyone thinks I'm being a jerk for grinding the guy after he never answered my simple questions.

Have fun with your jiberish chatting on the rest of this thread. Its been long dead.

A moderator should have MODERATED this thread long ago when the answer was sufficiantly given and then the thread stated to go asstay. If the moderators would do there jobs this endless bickering and name calling on this petty V6 board would not come to attitudes due to nosense chatter. So take it personally again and ban me since I point out you are pathetic in doing your job- you take the easy way out rather than looking at facts on who is being helpful before the childish crap starts.

Last edited by V6#22; 11-01-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2000 Trans Am WS6 (Black)
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Thread lock. ban.

A yellowtop is totally different from the redtop. A Yellowtop works as a regular redtop, AND it works like a deep-cycle battery. You can drain this sucker like 1,000 times, and completely recharge it... or you can use it like a normal battery.

Yellowtop batteries are "Dual-Purpose" and cost roughly $50 more... like $170 I think.

Orbital brand is the same thing, but the battery had more amp-hours, more cold-cranking amps, and was only $100. I saw it a day after I got my optima yellowtop... oh well.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Supreme Member

And you are not demeaning me right now with your last few posts antagonising me into here? You're a thief and a liar.
Abusive to other members. Point blank and peroid. THIS is an exact example of why you need to be perminately BANNED, and blocked form coming onto these forums. I made no direct comment to YOU, I commented on what others said.

Show me proof what any of you have contributed to this boards to educate people that come into here?

Appearantly you think you are the only one that has made any technical contribution. I have made plenty. I am not going to go through 3 years worth of posts to quote each one.

Most of you on this V6 board simply repeatedly *guess* at throwing answers to someones asked problems. The same guesses you have read and so-called learned to do from other previous guessing answers. There is a humorous trend on this V6 board always. Very rarely do anything informative come around and when it does I am the guy that gives the adequate questions to trouble shoot something.

Case in point- the Trueleo intake. My questions were about *what could possibly be wrong with it*. Now thats not saying there is something wrong with it. HOWEVER(you kids listen real hard here) when you ask appropriate qwuestions to get info on basing a purchase decission and they can answer all of your issues in a satisfactory manor and you come to the deduction that there is nothing wrong with it. If you can't find a major critique about something then it is worth buying. But everyone thinks I'm being a jerk for grinding the guy after he never answered my simple questions.

Again, you think that you are the only one on here that gives anything technical. Your wrong. Period.

Have fun with your jiberish chatting on the rest of this thread. Its been long dead.

A moderator should have MODERATED this thread long ago when the answer was sufficiantly given and then the thread stated to go asstay. If the moderators would do there jobs this endless bickering and name calling on this petty V6 board would not come to attitudes due to nosense chatter. So take it personally again and ban me since I point out you are pathetic in doing your job- you take the easy way out rather than looking at facts on who is being helpful before the childish crap starts.

This petty name calling and agrueing seem to come mostly from you. So that means that maybe you are the problem. Afterall, they have banned you what 20 or so times already? That says to me, that YOU are the problem, not the rest of the board.

Last edited by V6sucker; 11-01-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by ScrapMaker
Thread lock. ban.

A yellowtop is totally different from the redtop. A Yellowtop works as a regular redtop, AND it works like a deep-cycle battery. You can drain this sucker like 1,000 times, and completely recharge it... or you can use it like a normal battery.

Yellowtop batteries are "Dual-Purpose" and cost roughly $50 more... like $170 I think.

Orbital brand is the same thing, but the battery had more amp-hours, more cold-cranking amps, and was only $100. I saw it a day after I got my optima yellowtop... oh well.
actually the AZ local to me they are only 30 or so more...
Old 11-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Supreme Member

either way, yellowtop is the way to go.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Supreme Member

either way, yellowtop is the way to go.
Uh.. yeah. Hell I am not pushing anything major through my truck right now. Hell I am tring to save the money to put a nice built 383 in there now. But soon after that, comes the lift kit, the winch and lights. So yeah, twin yellow tops are going under the hood.

It all just comes down to what you actually "need". If you are pretty stock, or under 500 watts, hell a normal off the shelf battery will do you just fine.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Supreme Member

shoot, I meant a "Dual-Purpose" battery is the way to go... not necessarily a YellowTop... Orbital is just as good but cheaper.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Supreme Member

orbital review
Old 11-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Supreme Member

shoot, I meant a "Dual-Purpose" battery is the way to go... not necessarily a YellowTop... Orbital is just as good but cheaper.
I got what ya meant, but for off roading yellow top's has one of the best reps out.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 BMW 545i
Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating
Originally posted by V6sucker
Abusive to other members. Point blank and peroid. THIS is an exact example of why you need to be perminately BANNED, and blocked form coming onto these forums. I made no direct comment to YOU, I commented on what others said.

Appearantly you think you are the only one that has made any technical contribution. I have made plenty. I am not going to go through 3 years worth of posts to quote each one.

[/B]

Again, you think that you are the only one on here that gives anything technical. Your wrong. Period.

[/B]

This petty name calling and agrueing seem to come mostly from you. So that means that maybe you are the problem. Afterall, they have banned you what 20 or so times already? That says to me, that YOU are the problem, not the rest of the board. [/B]
since it was brought up and Im curious what is your old screen name?
Old 11-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by rx7speed
since it was brought up and Im curious what is your old screen name?
I do not have an old one. I have this one.
That is what Dean has been claiming, yet never do anything but make accusations.