V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

READ THIS...New info on the headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 03:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
READ THIS...New info on the headers

I will be having 8 headers available soon(I should be getting the collectors in about 10-14 days now). Those in Cali(After I get the Carb #) Email me.

I am not gonna get the other bender,honestly I cannot see the point to get it. I am not gonna spend another 2K on this project(I have spent enough to get nothing IMO), and I cannot see spending that with things going as they are.

I can now honestly see why no one has bothered to do this now, theres alot of talk, but no action. I will hold the 8 headers I will have availble after I get the CARB# for the guys in Cali. The rest, sorry you had your chance. I am hoping (at the very least) to make my money back with these 8.

My 91 I am gonna yank the headers off my car and send them to ya, I cannot get an exhaust shop around here to do want I want with the "Y" Pipe. I will try to get it off today.

WWasem, you got yours coming when the collectors arrive, Afreakingoodtime, you got a set set aside too, so I quess that really only leaves 7 for the rest in Cali. If there are any left after the ones in 'Cali get theres, then first come first serve.
I really hope you all did not think I was joking when I said a while ago I would be more then happy to drop this like the bad habit/waste of money it has become to me. Cause now quess what, its dropped. I had these ready for over what 2 months now? since I sent DeadHero8 his pair? and I have had what 4 people?(including Dead) take this seriously and support it. So to those that did support it are getting taken care of, the rest?, well be glad I ordered as many collectors as I did.

Have fun tring to get someone else to waste their time and money.

Do not bother tring to reserve a set now, I will refuse any payment sent(I have instructed my wife on this) untill the set at CARB gets approved, and I verify that the person does have a Cali shipping address(then and only then will I accept the payment) --NOTE I may have to accept to check S&H info--SO those that try to sneak a set to other then CALI will get an immediate refund/refusal minus any charges that I have to pay--

I will still entertain questions from those in Cali on the headers about the testing Ect. I will answer THOSE emails to the best of my knowlage, and current info that I have.

Last edited by Camar_Hunter_c; 07-16-2002 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1983, 1986
Engine: 2.8 2bbl, 2.8 MPFI
Transmission: 200C 3 speed, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.08, 3.42
What are you doing with all of the equipment you bought? I'll admit many people are of the "skin deep" interest. I myself was interested in a pair "in the future" due to the fact both of my Camaros have bigger issues to be addressed rather than a pair of headers (ex. tags, inspection, insurance). In addition I have a mortgage, and the wife's car just ate its tranny. Life happens, so now I'm out a set of headers. I'll give you credit for the initiative and applaud your efforts for going through with this, but to recover and get 100% positive response? C'mon man. Look at 90% of these posts -- guys either have families, paying for college etc, etc, etc...

I'm not saying make a ton of them and stockpile them. Rather let's see if Billy would put another "sticky" up top. Maybe it can cover all of the general performance mods and have the price and info for headers. Every other newbie comes in asking where can I get headers will be directed to you. You can then take it from there. Pacesetter (or whoever) dropped their headers. Please don't do the same. It's a specialty market which will develop -- but it wont mature in two weeks time. Just think about it before scrapping it all together. It may not make you enough to retire on, but at $150 a pair, you could take the wife out on occasion to a real nice place.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally posted by MDv6man
What are you doing with all of the equipment you bought? I'll admit many people are of the "skin deep" interest. I myself was interested in a pair "in the future" due to the fact both of my Camaros have bigger issues to be addressed rather than a pair of headers (ex. tags, inspection, insurance). In addition I have a mortgage, and the wife's car just ate its tranny. Life happens, so now I'm out a set of headers. I'll give you credit for the initiative and applaud your efforts for going through with this, but to recover and get 100% positive response? C'mon man. Look at 90% of these posts -- guys either have families, paying for college etc, etc, etc...

I'm not saying make a ton of them and stockpile them. Rather let's see if Billy would put another "sticky" up top. Maybe it can cover all of the general performance mods and have the price and info for headers. Every other newbie comes in asking where can I get headers will be directed to you. You can then take it from there. Pacesetter (or whoever) dropped their headers. Please don't do the same. It's a specialty market which will develop -- but it wont mature in two weeks time. Just think about it before scrapping it all together. It may not make you enough to retire on, but at $150 a pair, you could take the wife out on occasion to a real nice place.
I was not expecting it to "take off" in two weeks time, but these have been available for about 2 months now. Know how many I have sold? 2, correction 3. Know how much I have invested in this project? over $1500.
I realize people have other things to get, Hell I am IN COLLEGE, but I also read up on how much you guys "really wanted" these things. So either you all were lying? or you could just really care less. As I have seen, I am now going to put as much effort into this as you guys were. I have 3 sets to make. THATS IT. I am going to be nice and NOT cancel the order for 20, and get 6 instead,(which to be honest is what i feel like doing) and try to see if you all want the other 7. If not, hell I got alot to experiment with on my car then.

The "machinery" I bought is staying right where it is, as I can use it on something else I plan on doing in a very short time. The "cost" of the headers was always a concideration. Thats why they were $150 and not $200 or more, I will say this, after they get the CARB number, do not expect them to still be at $150. And yes they will have to paid for before I even touch the machines to make them.
Every "newbie" that comes in here is not smart enough to use the "Search" Option on the top of the page.
What it comes down to is I busted my *** on these, and got nothing in return. Alot of "I applaud you this and that" and thats about it.(No offense)
So now I am fed up with it. As I get money I will, as stated before, build unique parts for my car, take the pics, post the improvements(Along with the time slips) and let you all try as hard as I do to get a "Real" performance V6.
I may continue to give help and advise, but no more parts from this person. At least to this board.

And My wife was the one that said, "do not do it" in the first place, eventhough she supported me when I decided to try anyway, saying don't worry they will buy these things. Now that I told her to refuse anything with the word "Header" involved, she says you shoulda listened to me. And I should have. I could have had my car paid off(which I would much rather have then this equip)

I have 1 person that is looking for a new parts supplier for a generation of cars, he says they are serious about it. I told him that I hope its more serious then what I encountered here. I also told him that to get me to do it they have to take the same leap and preorder everything they want. Which if it does happen, means I do get that bender, and if soon enough also means that the Cali people will get the best and only headers made. Cause as I found out, those hedmans WILL NOT fit a manual car.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:47 PM

Really I don't think 2 months was too much of a chance.. if you only advertised it here then how many people file through these boards looking for v6 headers.. I know you got a lot of responses but even then... those people probably need some time to build up some money.. most of the people intrested in 'performance' upgrades usually have their $$ from their 'performance' fund spent for a while.. or maybe they didn't feel like swapping headers at the moment.. like me.. I need some new headers as one of mine has a small hole in it.. but i'm waiting a month or two to pull my engine and rebuild it.. but then you think "why didn't you buy them when they were offered and hold them til you rebuild".. well my car gets stored while i'm at college and the in short the insurance company wants me to pay for auto insurance when i'm not driving.. so that would be an extra $1044 i'd pay over the next couple months.. FOR NOTHING... you can see why i'm holding off... oh well I could ramble on but you've already made up your mind and its gone.. we all (those of us who didn't get any) missed out.. i'll probably have to consider an 8 one day.. its the only thing where performance parts are always around...
Old 07-16-2002, 07:36 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 BMW 545i
Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating
well hope you don´t mind but I just put word out in the RX-7 world just to see how many would be interested.... though they do not have your contact info just a page to put there own post up
Old 07-16-2002, 07:49 PM
Supreme Member

Hunter , I appreciate all the hard work and effort . I was hoping to get some , but with school fees due and my regulator or fuelpump dyeing , I'll just have to put them on hold or not get them sence it seems you wont make them much longer . I did not anticipate either of these expenses poping up . My student loan did not go through .
Old 07-16-2002, 10:42 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Zirtbow
Really I don't think 2 months was too much of a chance.. if you only advertised it here then how many people file through these boards looking for v6 headers.. I know you got a lot of responses but even then... those people probably need some time to build up some money.. most of the people intrested in 'performance' upgrades usually have their $$ from their 'performance' fund spent for a while.. or maybe they didn't feel like swapping headers at the moment.. like me.. I need some new headers as one of mine has a small hole in it.. but i'm waiting a month or two to pull my engine and rebuild it.. but then you think "why didn't you buy them when they were offered and hold them til you rebuild".. well my car gets stored while i'm at college and the in short the insurance company wants me to pay for auto insurance when i'm not driving.. so that would be an extra $1044 i'd pay over the next couple months.. FOR NOTHING... you can see why i'm holding off... oh well I could ramble on but you've already made up your mind and its gone.. we all (those of us who didn't get any) missed out.. i'll probably have to consider an 8 one day.. its the only thing where performance parts are always around...
This is a perfect example of why CHC is fed up. You guys claim you want things but then "O MY G()D guess what unexpected thing I have to pay for this month. You'll always be that way unless you can sell you fishtank and collect that $50 uncle tony owes you.

Money talks.

CHC has some of mine already just to help support his CARB ventures. He knows I am a real customer.

Put your money down or keep your excuses to yourself!
Old 07-16-2002, 11:10 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by AFrikinGoodTime

This is a perfect example of why CHC is fed up. You guys claim you want things but then "O MY G()D guess what unexpected thing I have to pay for this month. You'll always be that way unless you can sell you fishtank and collect that $50 uncle tony owes you.

Money talks.

CHC has some of mine already just to help support his CARB ventures. He knows I am a real customer.

Put your money down or keep your excuses to yourself!
Well , Our lives don't revolve around getting headers . I have 2 years of college left . Im sure Im going to throw that money on headers and say to hell with next semester . I also have to hold on to what little money I have right now for a possible fuelpump repair ? This is no put down to CHC , but I think maybe he should have thought more about what he was stepping into. You have to have a business open long enough sometimes to have REAL customers . So don't blame us for him deciding not to make headers anymore . I dont belive Mr Edlebrock opened up his business thinking "ok its been two months everyone that wanted headers didnt buy them , so i'll just quit making them . thats not how a business works .
And face it , this is the REAL WORLD . Things happen that people can't control . ....And this is no pun intended to you CHC , I understand your grief , but hey , thats how business goes sometimes man I guess I'll be ordering a set of 3.4 headers from Summit in Nov and getting my cusion in-law who is a top notch welder fit them in for me

Last edited by WaynesRS; 07-16-2002 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:20 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 13 Ram 1500/ 78 Formy
Engine: 5.7 / 7.4
Transmission: 6sp / TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.55 posi / 3.23
see below

Last edited by Project: 85 2.8 bird; 07-16-2002 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:22 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 13 Ram 1500/ 78 Formy
Engine: 5.7 / 7.4
Transmission: 6sp / TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.55 posi / 3.23
IMHO: C_H_D can do what ever he wants. (Just wish he gave a heads up/drop dead date for no more orders) He might/probably break even with the last 8 CARBed headers. (I still have 1yr before I could even put in for orders to CA) Oh well, I snooze, I loose Those that get C_H_D brand headers thankyou, & those that followed your trial thankyou also
Old 07-16-2002, 11:27 PM

hey remember me?

I told you I'd make up my mind by the 20th. And I did. Put me down for a set. If you're still doing that.

And by the way, I live in SC. Are you gonna sell them to me? Cuz it sounds like I would have to live in Cali. to get some.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:58 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 94 Camaro
Engine: 3.4L
Transmission: 4l60e
you all can talk, but can you walk?

if CHC needs help getting the word out that he needs to sell some headers to make money, get the word out.

CHC, I WANT HEADERS AND WILL ADVANCE YOU THE CASH TO DO THEM!!!! I WILL EVEN PAY EXTRA, H#LL I WANT TO SEE YOU STAY IN BUSSINESS!!!
Old 07-17-2002, 09:12 AM
Supreme Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stuart69427
[B]you all can talk, but can you walk?

I just walked into the kitchen to get a twinky , then I walked back in here to type . I can walk .

Last time we talked Stuart , seems you weren't sure you'd have the money for mods either because of college . Better make sure you can walk

Last edited by WaynesRS; 07-17-2002 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:49 PM
Supreme Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WaynesRS
[B]
Originally posted by stuart69427
you all can talk, but can you walk?

I just walked into the kitchen to get a twinky , then I walked back in here to type . I can walk .

Last time we talked Stuart , seems you weren't sure you'd have the money for mods either because of college . Better make sure you can walk

i did pay for college yesterday, and a new hatch, and am barely going to be able to walk away with headers too, with a "bare minimum savings" set aside in case of "another" emergancy

besides, birthday is in like a week, and i just want money to help pay for college, and i made sure everybody knows that

its going to be tight, i just want to make sure i get a set ( i might have to scronge for money for books, but oh well... )
Old 07-17-2002, 02:38 PM

Car: 91 RS
Transmission: 700R4
CHC thanx for everything. Even the 3 day H*LL we went thru. Just PM me w/ the mods you told me about for my engine. The cam and all that stuff. As you see I m walking tall and proud.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:56 PM
Banned

This was not posted to have you all start fighting amoungst yourselves. It was posted to state simple fact. I am not going to go through the trouble anymore of wasting time and money.
People screamed for them, then I got them ready then people came up with excuses. YES I know that life has unexpected occurances. Yes I know that things come up, Hell I finally got an abondoned puppy(Maybe 3 months old that I have seen wondering) to finally come up to me in my back yard.
You know what now? he is now living nicely in my home and is being treated for infestation of abdominal worms. He will not let me get more then 10 feet away before he starts cring.

Time for you guys to face fact, you had your chance, you fiddle farted around and you let it go right past you. Waving all the way. I spent what since last August? on these, getting the equipment, and the funds togeather and I finally got everything worked out and then.... Well you saw what happened. I am not blaming the guys that NEED the CARB number, its not your fault, but in all honesty jst cause you have Smog in your state, Cali is the one that REQUIRES the # for the modded part. Trust me I know. I have been doing mods on cars and taken to be smogged. Yes the guy looks at the car closely, but as long as nothing is changed from the factory design of the EGR they can't do anything.
I have taken cars to be smogged before and even removed the EGR stuff, or it was there as decoration and the car still passed.

As far as I am concerned this subject is over. There is no need in cring over it. as it was said in "Cast Away" "Tommarrow the sun will rise and you never know what the tide may bring".

Hey RXSpeed, Email me about what you asked for, I have some preliminary stuff ready. I will say that the Stainless Steel version will be under 260.
Old 07-17-2002, 03:38 PM
Supreme Member

No lost to me . I just wanted to support Hunter instead of Summit Racing . But it looks like in nov I will be ordering 3.4 headers from Summit and my top notch welder putting them in for me .

Stuart , Have fun digging change out of your couch cushions !

Last edited by WaynesRS; 07-17-2002 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-18-2002, 03:27 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by WaynesRS
Stuart , Have fun digging change out of your couch cushions !
under the carpet of our cars too, when i bought the car i found about 4 bucks in change in the console and when i did the carpet, i found 2.50 under the carpet. Need to see if any made its way into the dash!
Old 07-18-2002, 04:15 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by stuart69427

under the carpet of our cars too, when i bought the car i found about 4 bucks in change in the console and when i did the carpet, i found 2.50 under the carpet. Need to see if any made its way into the dash!
I had a friend that bought a used nissan maxima a long time ago , and he found a $100 bill under the seat .
Old 07-18-2002, 05:43 PM
Supreme Member

Location: Mililani, HI USofA Search Posts: 2848.............. Whore Posts: 47.................. Magical Whore Posts: 1
Car: 91 Camaro 77K
Engine: 3.1 Vslick
I had a friend that found a pound of grass under his carpet.
Old 07-18-2002, 06:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Kj Rockz
I had a friend that found a pound of grass under his carpet.
Ever have one find a yellow jackets nest under an air cleaner?.... Then open it up.... then you look like cockroaches when the lights come on....
Old 07-18-2002, 06:27 PM
Supreme Member

Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating
CHD YGM
Old 07-18-2002, 06:27 PM
Supreme Member