Transmissions and Drivetrain Need help with your trans? Problems with your axle?

Got Tranny Rebuilt... Now My Car is Vibrating....

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got Tranny Rebuilt... Now My Car is Vibrating....

I just got my car back from getting the transmission rebuilt. I got a lot of stuff done. Rebuilt tranny... new torque converter... seals and everything. Now when I drive my car and it vibrates. It's not horrible but I can tell the difference. When I'm goin down the interstate I can't feel it as bad but it still vibrates. I'm wondering should I take it up to the place **1/2 a mile down the road** and get them 2 fix it because I have a warranty on it. Or is there anything I should check or put in. Should I check the transmission fluid? Or any bolts I can reach or what? Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

------------------
(orignally CDnAP48)
'91 Camaro RS (in readers rides)
Dark Metallic Blue
V6, 4th Gen Seats, Sony Xplod CD Player, Pioneer 3-Way 6x9's, Infinity 4x6 Plates, 2 RF Punch 12's, RF Punch Amp, Custom Made Black Carpeted Box, Kelly Charger Front Tires. Soon to come, New Rims, New Rear Tires, Carpet, Floor Mats, Paint Job, Interior Color Change.
E-mail me for any questions or comments.
AdidasPredator15@jam.rr.com
http://www.geocities.com/adidaspredator21/index.html
Old 09-11-2001, 08:55 PM

Car: "'86 Camaro
Engine: Two 1/2 Squirrels
Transmission: Shimano
Theres a few things I would check myself to begin with. The drive shaft would have had to have been dropped to do the work, did they redo the u-joints? Bad u-joins could vibrate. Is the shop certified to do the work? Did they use new parts or used? I would get a list of parts used to see what exactly they did. If the drive shaft was put back in at 180 degrees, it may be out of balance. I think I might take it back to the shop where the work was done and bitch till I got satisfaction. Good luck.
Old 09-11-2001, 09:11 PM

ok... i just looked under the car... before i saw ur reply... but... i looked from the passenger side.. and i saw the driveshaft?? **i think that's it** but there are 2 bolts... the one towards the rear of the car was NOT tight all the way.. it was like halfway out at least... my dad is mad... he's takin it up there tomorrow so i'm drivin the cool Kia Sephia tomorrow 2 school haha... does anyone think this could be my solution??
Old 09-11-2001, 09:18 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 2007 Saturn Sky Redline
Engine: 2.0 turbo
Transmission: m5
Axle/Gears: 3.91 LSD
Could be the tranny mount, I know I had a broken one and now my car feels great, no vibration at all which is really weird cause it vibrated since I got it ;-)
Old 09-11-2001, 09:21 PM

nope not the tranny mount... i've broken 2 of those so far and i just got it replaced monday... **yesterday** when i got my car back
Old 09-12-2001, 07:21 PM

O.K.... camaro is back from the shop. I drove it to work today. They put in a new bolt and tightened it up. It still not fixed. It still vibrates. It isn't really bad. But when I let go of the brake and it's going forward it shakes forwards and backwards like an unbalanced washing machine... not REAL bad but it moves. Going down the interstate it will vibrate. I'm gonna get them 2 check the U-Joints tomorrow and the drive shaft. I better get it back to running good or I will be mad. I coulda spent $800 on my interior and have it done...

------------------
(orignally CDnAP48)
'91 Camaro RS (in readers rides)
Dark Metallic Blue
V6, 4th Gen Seats, Sony Xplod CD Player, Pioneer 3-Way 6x9's, Infinity 4x6 Plates, 2 RF Punch 12's, RF Punch Amp, Custom Made Black Carpeted Box, Kelly Charger Front Tires. Soon to come, New Rims, New Rear Tires, Carpet, Floor Mats, Paint Job, Interior Color Change.
E-mail me for any questions or comments.
AdidasPredator15@jam.rr.com
http://www.geocities.com/adidaspredator21/index.html