Transmissions and Drivetrain Need help with your trans? Problems with your axle?

Pictures of t56 master cylinder mounted.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: D1SC Procharged 350
Transmission: D&D Performance built T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser 12-bolt 3.90
Pictures of t56 master cylinder mounted.

Does anyone have any pictures of the t56 master cylinder mounted to the firewall? I know that there is a "template" pressed onto the firewall to let me know where exactly to drill out, but I would still like to see a picture to get a better idea.
Thanks for any help, I have already done a search.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:50 PM

I'm strongly considering this swap also. Try looking at a third gen with a T5 for reference. The clutch master & slave cylinders should mount in the same spot for the T56. (At least I hope!!) What I want to know is what all I have to do to mount the pedals in my automatic car?? Do I have to remove the steering column?

Last edited by 89Formula350WS6; 10-29-2002 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:11 PM

Car: 90 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: T56
****I DID NOT WRITE THIS, I ACQUIRED THIS INFO****

it worked fine for me, but work at your own risk

" brake, and gas were ALL one piece. I immediatley cut the bracket holding on the gas pedal because it would be WAY to hard
to install. and then i later realized that the gas pedal bolts are different anyways, so you have to reuse ur stock gas
pedal. which in my case was bigger and looked better and fit just perfect.

the second BIG problem i had was with the bolt holes which the studs from the brake booster went into. there are for
studs which are on the mounting bracket for the brake booster, and they fit through he firewall, and u bolt the brake\clutch
assembly to those 4 bolts. I spent 3 days trying to get it to line up and pushed back before i realized that the bolt holes
on the 4th gen pedal assembly were to small. So u will probably have to drill out the top holes of the brake pedal assembly
bigger. it was easier for me to remove the brake booster and just fit he brake\clutch pedal assembly on there until the
holes were big enough and fit good. mounting the clutch master cylinder and bolting that up was pretty easy. there will be a
bracket which is part of the brake\clutch assembly which also bolts up to the clutch master cylinder bolts, simular to the
brake booster. and this will become much more clear when u see for urself.

so to recap my main points:
1. cut off the gas pedal bracket from the clutch\brake pedal assembly, you will NOT use this, so cut it as close to he
assembly as possible.
2. drill out the top holes larger on the brake\clutch pedal assembly. (you may not need to do this, because i did notice
some extra spacers welded onto the brackets which made the holes smaller) "
Old 10-30-2002, 08:18 PM

Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: D1SC Procharged 350
Transmission: D&D Performance built T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser 12-bolt 3.90
I just finished installing the brake/clutch pedals a little while ago, and I also cut the gas pedal off of them...more of a pain than it is worth. I also had to drill out the top bolt holes for the 4th gen pedals to work, but it only took me 10 minutes to figure that out. I have the master cylinder and reservoir already mounted, and the slave cylinder tied up until I do the actual swap...I figured it would save me a whole lot of time when I do the swap in the next day or two, and it will...The install looks great, I will try and get some pictures of it in case anyone wants to get an idea of what it looks like or where exactly it goes.