Transmissions and Drivetrain Need help with your trans? Problems with your axle?

WTF is wrong w/ my tranny, or is it my tanny?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 02:55 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 Camaro RS
Engine: 2.8L V-6
Transmission: T-5
WTF is wrong w/ my tranny, or is it my tanny?

So I was on my way home from a night w/ my GF, and I see this car parked on the side of the highway. As I get closer they shine a f*cking flashlight in my eyes and blind me, and there is also a semi coming at me, and then all of a sudden, I run over something that damn near bounces me off the road. I thought it was kids throwin sh*t in the middle of the road, so when I got back to town I found the local cop and he informed me that I had ran over a dead deer. And so I go back and look, and sure enough, there is blood all down the side of my car. So after leaving from talking w/ the cop, I notice that in first and third, when I give it gas, the stick shift lifts up and down, and I'm not talkin bout a little bit, im talkin bout like this much in 1st:
<-------------------------------------------->
and bout this much in 3rd:
<---------------->
and in second it just goes up and down. I'm talkin like 1st gear stretches the boot tight. Now is this a very bad thing and can someone tell me what the f*ck that deer did to my car. I hope to G O D that it's nothing major cuz that could seriously kill my paint job ideas. Any help is appricative, and sorry to write a book bout what happened before tellin you what was wrong.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:06 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro Z-28
Engine: 6.3L Victor EFI
Transmission: Tremec TKO 600
Axle/Gears: Moser 9"/4.11 Trac-Lok
The trans mount is probably broken. It was probably half gone already & the deer finished it off.
Old 06-23-2002, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 F150...PAAARTY FOUL!
Engine: 300 I6 stump pullin sumbiscuit
Transmission: 4 speed grind box
Axle/Gears: 3.55 unlimited slip differential
yep hes correct, my Formula did the same thing (but i DIDNT hit a damn deer-JESUS CHRIST!!!!) get a 25 dollar POLYURETHANE (remember that word-POLYURETHANE, say it with me, PO LY UR E THA NE!!!) take about 10 minutes to pop it in, 15 if you aren't mechanically inclined, 2 hours if your frikkin dumb. and youll be straight. and quit deer huntin with your car! just kiddin!