TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark, Fuel, Pressure-Check and no fire..

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spark, Fuel, Pressure-Check and no fire..

I have a 91 Z28 TPI, 305, blah,blah.. Had been running fine the last 5-6 times I've taken it out of the garage and around the block.. But, since the last time I can't get it to fire.. I thought it might have just been low on fuel, so I added 1/2 tank, nadda.. Changed all the plugs (because the rings are about shot) new plugs did not help, although several were fouled and full of crap.

I have 45psi at the rail when I turn the key "on" and when it is in "start" mode..

It will fire if I squirt some fuel into the intake until it burns through it (couple seconds)..

So, there has to be something with the injectors not firing.. Is there a fuse, relay or module that would cause this? Like I said, it will run if I squirt fuel into the intake, but nothing w/o.. So this has me wondering about the injectors..

It will just turn over and over, and never fire..

Any help or direction would be appreciated.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:22 PM

Re: Spark, Fuel, Pressure-Check and no fire..

Decided to start checking injectors with testing unit from Checker.. 2nd in on pass side, unhook from injector, plug in test bulb, turn over car.. "varoom" the car fires right up..

While running, hook up injector wire to injector, kills the car..

Out of the ones we can reach for now, it is the only one that it does it too.. Run's when it is not hooked up, kills car when we hook it up when running.

hmmm
Old 12-06-2010, 02:52 PM

Going to replace the one injector.. see if that is it..
Old 12-06-2010, 02:52 PM

Car: 89 iroc
Engine: l98
Transmission: tremec

Originally Posted by Get Bit
Decided to start checking injectors with testing unit from Checker.. 2nd in on pass side, unhook from injector, plug in test bulb, turn over car.. "varoom" the car fires right up..

While running, hook up injector wire to injector, kills the car..

Out of the ones we can reach for now, it is the only one that it does it too.. Run's when it is not hooked up, kills car when we hook it up when running.

hmmm
you got a shorted injector.. call jon from fuel injector connection and get some new ones. They sell rebuilt bosch and new delphi for you.
www.corvetteinjectors.com