TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning near south metro atlanta ga

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 GMC SIERRA
Engine: 5.7L
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73
tuning near south metro atlanta ga

<didn't seem like regional board was the best place, so posted here>

Hello. Just wanted to see if there is anybody out there that would help me tune my OBD2 TPI and lives near newnan, ga? Basically what i'm looking for is someone that has the tuning software and hardware to tune '411 PCM and will let me experiment with it so i can decide which i want to buy, if any. I already have most of what I need. I only lack some machine work, the base plate for vortec heads, and a fuel pump. Not doing anything rare or far fetched. Just updating a well running 1991 TBI engine with mostly stock components:

* new, mild flat tappet cam for idle-5500 rpm, probably a comp cams 208/214 (.450 lift) or so
* using all stock tpi induction with vortec sensors, dist, etc
* '411 pcm as noted
* vortec heads
* vortec edelbrock base plate (still need this too)
* probably going to using some stock or near stock fuel inj
* will go with stock 48mm TB, but want to go to 52 or 54mm later
* already have wiring harness, just need to make a few mods

i want a true 300 hp, but willing to settle with about 280-290 as long as i make alot of tq

i'm very close. i just want someone that doesn't mind me using their software and hardware to do some trial and error tunes to try and get it reasonably drivable. i realize this would be a hard find, you'd have to trust me with your stuff, that's about the extent of it. i don't expect you to do any work, just maybe a little guidance and supervise me. i'll do the engine work at my place, obviously, and it should be drivable enough to get it to your place.

this is going on a 4200 lb 1991 gmc sierra pickup truck with std cab and short box, so i'm not a f-body guy. i'm an army guy waiting for orders right now, and i have about 2-3 months off.

send me a pm with your number if you think you want to help or give some advice, or know a cheap tuner that would just do it for me... thanks