TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some advice please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need some advice please help

hey Guys i have come across the opportunity to buy a set of the #24 ford svo injectors for 50 dollars, now my question is i have a stock 5.7 l98 which currently the factory injectors like to leak down and cause me a hard start problem when i go to start the car. Will these injectors work on a stock l98 without any issues, ive searched the forum but i get the impression most people have done some type of proformance mod and are running them which makes sense that they would work.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:17 PM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 8.0:1 454/Mild Hyd roller/Accel DFI
Transmission: WC T5
Axle/Gears: Stock 1992 open 7.5" 2.73 ratio
Re: need some advice please help

If you are going to change to higher flow injectors then you should get a custom chip burnt specifically for your application. A lotta buys put headers,roller rockers, high flow throttlebody,etc on their stock engines and move up to 24PPH injectors so they don't have to change their chip. This is a cheap way to do it and isn't correct. Since the difference between 22 and 24 PPH injectors is pretty small its not a huge difference fuel map, however what you are pushing thru your engine is not what your ecm expects and its still trying to pull your A:F ratio back to what it wants to see as described in the fuel mapping.

Bottom line anytime you change any major component in your engine that affects output of the engine you should get your fuel/timing map adjusted accordingly by a competant chip burner.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:49 PM

Re: need some advice please help

Thanks im aware of the problem of changing components without reprogramming the chip im more or less looking for someone who has actually done this, to tell me if it will work or not like is said my injectors are shot there fine when the car is idling or running but when you cut it off for about 10 minutes its a bitch to start back up and when it does all you can smell is gas and 50 bucks for injectors is a pretty good deal. theoreticaly i could put an adjustable fuel pressure regulator turn the pressure down to reduce the amount of flow of fuel into the chamber scence its a timed process and not an actual flow mesurement.