TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 conversion update: Ran into problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 10:17 AM
RCR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '84 Fiero ('01 GA interior)
Engine: '96 4.0 Aurora
Transmission: '96 4T80E
LT1 conversion update: Ran into problems

I thought I'd post an update on my progress since it might help others following in John's tracks.

The first problem was the location of the coolant hole on the drivers side. I can not figure out how John could have the hole there and still have room for the TCC cable and throttle cable. Mine was binding badly. I've solved the problem (hopefully without creating others) by moving the coolant hole to the back of the manifold. This spot is typically unused, but it is connected thru the head. It also allows me to route the coolant line a little neater. I'm routing the other two coolant lines (manifold and coolant bypass valve) up thru the front behind the radiator. I turned the coolant bypass valve upside-down to get the outlet on the right side.

The other problem is with the distributor spacer. I had it together and thought that it was too loose in that the distributor could walk around a bit. I'm having a new piece cut (my brother-in-law is a laser operator) that has ears on it so I can screw it to the manifold.

I also noticed at our local Murray's Discount Auto that they have all the pieces to fab the fuel lines. Quik-disconnects, fuel line, and Saginaw fittings. If my contact doesn't come thru, I have a new source now.

That's it so far. I'll post other problems as they come up. I've got 68 pics so far for a complete write up on my page. I'm also tinkering with AutoCad and/or pdf files of the distributor hole locator and the block-off plates.

Bob

------------------
Bob '89 Ram Air Formula 350

And until that time when death won't wait, let each man rage against his fate. (O'neill)
My car's homepage
Reader's Ride
Old 11-26-2001, 05:36 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Engine: 4.0L
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 8.8 rear, 4.56 gears, 4:1 transfer
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RCR:
........The first problem was the location of the coolant hole on the drivers side. I can not figure out how John could have the hole there and still have room for the TCC cable and throttle cable. Mine was binding badly. I've solved the problem (hopefully without creating others) by moving the coolant hole to the back of the manifold. . ........</font>
I used the shortest 3/4" coolant fitting I could find(NAPA). Also trimmed a LITTLE off the throttle cable bracket. 90° formed hose is required. Using a TPI TB and LT1 throttle cable bracket posed slight binding with the throttle cable in the stock LT1 location. I solved that by moving it inboard and slightly down.
I like your idea of using the rear coolant ports, let me know if it causes any problems with the distributor.

The other problem is with the distributor spacer. I had it together and thought that it was too loose in that the distributor could walk around a bit. I'm having a new piece cut (my brother-in-law is a laser operator) that has ears on it so I can screw it to the manifold. </font>
I noticed the looseness even with the stock TPI hole and verified it on a LG4 intake as well. Seems GM made it loose for an easier installation of the distributor. Allowed me more tolerance in the placement of the hole as well. A perfect fit(tight) would require a perfecty placed hole.

...... I've got 68 pics so far for a complete write up on my page. I'm also tinkering with AutoCad and/or pdf files of the distributor hole locator and the block-off plates.

Bob
</font>
I search your website and could not find the pictures.

------------------
86 Camaro Sport
LT1 Induction
383 Speed-O-Motive Crate Engine, Raptor 700R4 Tranmission, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge G2's, 58mm Accel TB, 3.73 Auburn Pro, SLP Cold Air Induction and Headers, Hooker Cat-back, Serpentine Belt Setup, Dual IROC Fans, Jamex springs, 16" IROC Rims, 36mm/24mm Sway Bars, Global West Steering Brace. Hotchkis Rear LCA's,Panhard Bar and SFC's.
My Camaro Project
Moderator at SE ThirdGen

[This message has been edited by John Millican (edited November 26, 2001).]
Old 11-26-2001, 05:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Could you post a link to or some actual pictures of the finished product from various angles?
Old 11-26-2001, 06:27 PM
RCR

John:
I have the 1 3/4 pipe fittings like you, and the 90* hose ends, but there was no way it was going to fit. You used a different bracket, and maybe there is a difference in our throttle bodies (mines an '88), but I tried mine every which way and it won't go. I'm only moving the drivers side to the back, so the distributor should be no problem.

I noticed the extra clearance on the TPI manifold also, but when I tried fitting it together on the bench with the hold-down clamp, it seemed to drift a lot. It might not do it in the car, but why take the chance. I'll put it together on the car, mark the position, then screw it down.

My site isn't updated yet. I haven't uploaded any pics. Maybe I'll get started tonite.

How are you liking your setup, John? Still happy?
Old 11-26-2001, 07:03 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Take
Engine: Your
Transmission: Pick
You used a different bracket</font>
What bracket are you using? We decided to use the '93 F-body bracket since it was the only LT1 offered w/ a 700-R4, which gave us a "factory" hole for the TV cable.

------------------
If you live in Southeastern US, check us out!
South East Thirdgen

1987 Trans Am 305
14.88 @ 92.81
Old 11-26-2001, 07:15 PM
RCR

GMtech: I made my own out of 0.060" stainless. I might be re-doing it though.

I quickly downloaded all the good pics. The link is on my page

------------------
Bob '89 Ram Air Formula 350

And until that time when death won't wait, let each man rage against his fate. (O'neill)
My car's homepage
Reader's Ride
Old 11-26-2001, 08:06 PM
Supreme Member

The '93 GM bracket was only like $6-10 I think.

No real problems so far. Just a leak once (removed intake, new seals, 30 minunites) and my distributer popped out while driving, I had too short of a hold holding it down. I like it.

[This message has been edited by John Millican (edited November 26, 2001).]
Old 11-27-2001, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John, have you been able to do any testing performance wise? I'd expect the LT1 intake to have similar characteristics to the miniram.
Old 11-27-2001, 07:19 PM
Supreme Member

He was able to click off .4 faster in the quarter w/ tranny woes and an untuned PROM chip, then w/ his ported TPI setup and 1000CFM throttle body.

Now that we have his tranny straightened out, we just need to get his "calibration" dialed in.

John- when you coming to my work to get that equipment? I forgot about it last time you were there.

------------------
South East Thirdgen

1987 Trans Am 305
14.88 @ 92.81
Old 11-27-2001, 07:44 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro Z28
Transmission: T56
Hey GM Tech where is Richmond Hill? I'm guessing it's near Savannah since John stops by your work. I live in north Atlanta and I'll be doing the LT4 intake swap with Fast Burn heads and LT4 hot cam over the Christmas break. It would be nice to know of someone close by who has done a similar swap before. I'm not sure if anyone has done the LT4 intake swap yet so I'll let everyone know how it goes.

------------------
1991 Z28 - 350 TPI, T56, McLeod street clutch, LT4 pressure plate, Pro 5.0 shifter, ported plenum & runners, AFPR, Hooker shorty headers w/o AIR, Flowmaster muffler, homeade ram-air, SSM subframe connectors, Kenny Brown STB, Global West steering box brace, Steve Spohn adjustable torque arm and T56 crossmember

[This message has been edited by Steve91Z28 L98 (edited November 27, 2001).]
Old 11-27-2001, 08:29 PM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GMTech:
He was able to click off .4 faster in the quarter w/ tranny woes and an untuned PROM chip, then w/ his ported TPI setup and 1000CFM throttle body.

Now that we have his tranny straightened out, we just need to get his "calibration" dialed in.

John- when you coming to my work to get that equipment? I forgot about it last time you were there.

</font>
Thanks GMTech, I couldn't have said it better myself. I need to get back to the track now that the tranny is feeling better.
Also should knock off some more time now that I opened up the restrictive air intake with dual 4" tubes.

------------------
86 Camaro Sport
LT1 Induction
383 Speed-O-Motive Crate Engine, Raptor 700R4 Tranmission, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge G2's, 58mm Accel TB, 3.73 Auburn Pro, SLP Cold Air Induction and Headers, Hooker Cat-back, Serpentine Belt Setup, Dual IROC Fans, Jamex springs, 16" IROC Rims, 36mm/24mm Sway Bars, Global West Steering Brace. Hotchkis Rear LCA's,Panhard Bar and SFC's.
My Camaro Project
Moderator at SE ThirdGen
Old 11-28-2001, 06:03 AM
Supreme Member

Steve, Richmond Hill is about 5 min outside of Savannah, and I actually work in Savannah. And I havn't done an "LT1 intake" swap. I pitched in my technical $.02 here and there, but John was the brains behind most of the project.

John, I forgot all about your old air intake setup being kinked. I'm real interested in what we'll find next time at the track.

------------------
South East Thirdgen

1987 Trans Am 305
14.88 @ 92.81

[This message has been edited by GMTech (edited November 28, 2001).]
Old 11-28-2001, 02:53 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Formula
Engine: 355 DFI Superram w/ R-Trim
Transmission: Probuilt 700r4
I know this could just as well go in the power adders board but... Dealing with the extra lt1 forward length, will it now be impossible to run a plate-type wet nitrous kit? I saw in an another post that bracket mending for TB clearance was necessary.
Old 11-28-2001, 03:58 PM
Supreme Member

Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
The first problem was the location of the coolant hole on the drivers side. I can not figure out how John could have the hole there and still have room for the TCC cable and throttle cable. Mine was binding badly. I've solved the problem (hopefully without creating others) by moving the coolant hole to the back of the manifold.
</font>
Houston, I'll bet you have a serious problem with that.

The coolant flow is designed to go thru the block (front to rear), and then up with the warmer flow from the rear of the block to the rear of the head, then forward. While the gaskets don't look like its' much of a big deal it sure might be.

The other thing is that you'll want both discharge coolant pipes from the head to be at the some pressure of the higher presured side will overwhelm the other, and get cooled more. In oem form at the thermostat the sides alternate as to which side is actually cooling, it not a 50-50 deal all the time.

In the Power V6, Jenkins book or Smokies I think they also explain that, alternating of sides due to pressure concept.

On the NASCAR engines they used to run lines from the rear of the heads forward, but that was to keep air bubbles from accumulating there, also the center hoses were to insure plenty of coolant flow around the center exhuast valve guides and seats,
HTH
Old 11-29-2001, 07:12 AM
RCR

Not what I want to hear, Grumpy, but thanx for the heads up. I'm committed to this for the moment because I bolted it together last nite. I'll be sure to get some thermal couple readings once it's up and running just to make sure everythings alright.
Old 12-08-2001, 02:04 PM
Supreme Member

Got it running yet RCR?
Old 12-08-2001, 04:07 PM
RCR

I fabbed up my own fuel lines today and have everything hooked up. I tried to fire it up, but it won't start (yet). I have to make sure I didn't put the distributor out of phase.

I made the lines out of Murray's parts and some brass tubing. Seems to be holding, but my regulator is leaking. I still need to connect the throttle linkage and get some hose clamps to tie down the coolant hoses and fuel lines.

Overall it's coming along slowly, but it should be running soon.
Old 12-08-2001, 06:28 PM
RCR

Wow!! That's awesome... It's alive.

Just got back from a trip down the road and back. It's running great, better than before. I don't know when I'll get hard numbers, but it ran right to 6 grand with no effort. Programming in the future. Still needs some touch-ups, and the site update will be on the way.

Thanx John.
Old 12-08-2001, 06:41 PM

Sounds good. What would you say was the hardest part of the job?

I can't wait to get mine up and running too. As we speak, the new motor (ZZ4 lower end, LT4 Hot Cam w/ 1.6 rockers, Fast Burn heads) is being put together at Scoggin Dickey and it should be here in about a week. Then I'll get to modifying the LT4 intake to fit the Fast Burn heads. If all goes well it should be all together and running by the new year.

------------------
1991 Z28 - 350 TPI, T56, McLeod street clutch, LT4 pressure plate, Pro 5.0 shifter, ported plenum & runners, AFPR, Hooker shorty headers w/o AIR, Flowmaster muffler, homeade ram-air, SSM subframe connectors, Kenny Brown STB, Global West steering box brace, Steve Spohn adjustable torque arm and T56 crossmember
Old 12-08-2001, 08:44 PM
Supreme Member

Wow!! That's awesome... It's alive.

Just got back from a trip down the road and back. It's running great, better than before. I don't know when I'll get hard numbers, but it ran right to 6 grand with no effort. Programming in the future. Still needs some touch-ups, and the site update will be on the way.

Thanx John.
</font>
Cool, very cool.
That makes 2 LT1 conversions running, anyone else?

------------------
86 Camaro Sport
LT1 Induction
My Camaro Project
Moderator at SE ThirdGen
Old 12-08-2001, 10:06 PM
Supreme Member

John has had a couple of pulls up to 7K, but I doubt he'll do that again! Glad to see you got it working. Now get ready for all the head scratching every time you pop the hood and people start looking. The look on peoples face as they stare and scratch there head is priceless.

------------------
South East Thirdgen

1987 Trans Am 305
14.88 @ 92.81
Old 12-09-2001, 07:16 AM
Supreme Member

383 Short Block $1500
Quality Heads $1000
LT1 Intake/SBC,Gen1 $400
Look on people's faces when they can't figure it out.....PRICELESS!

------------------
86 Camaro Sport
LT1 Induction
My Camaro Project
Moderator at SE ThirdGen
Old 12-09-2001, 08:51 AM
RCR

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Now get ready for all the head scatching every time you pop the hood and people start looking. The look on peoples face as they stare and scratch there head is priceless.</font>
Yeah, there's a guy at the local parts store that said I should get a Miniram because this couldn't be done. I want to go up there and show him.

Steve: I think the hardest part was getting the holes on the intake to line up with the heads. I had them in the right place, but on the wrong angle. Then adding the intake gaskets pushed the off a little more. Everything else was time and ingenuity.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:17 PM
Supreme Member

Unfortunatly, thats what is pounded into everybodies head. Just like people said we could never land on the moon, or even fly. Now its common practice.

Now I just wish somebody could figure out a way to mate an LT1 intake to Vortec heads and still be cost efficient.

------------------
South East Thirdgen

1987 Trans Am 305
14.88 @ 92.81
Old 12-09-2001, 06:16 PM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by John Millican:
Cool, very cool.
That makes 2 LT1 conversions running, anyone else?

</font>
I'm doing the LT1 conversion on a 400. Look for more pictures and pro/engineer figures to come.

PS- You can score these intakes for as little as $85!

------------------
Ford red 1991 Formula 350. ROH 16in wheels, 1998 Grey Leather, street/strip 700r4 2400 stall, EIBACH springs, Strut tower brace, Poly Bushings
3.73 SLP POSI, 26 spline Moser Axles, mid SLP cam, grear drive, SLP runners, 24# injectors, Taylor wires, Accel Coil, Accel Ignition, B&M Megashifter, K&N conical, AFPR, SLP 1 3/4 coated shorty headers, 3in cat, 3in. mandrel-bent single exhaust, flowmaster, TB air foil, 180 stat, SSM SFC's, SPOHN lower control arm adapters, custom burned prom, Hotchkis Lower control arms, Aluminum Driveshaft, ported upper and lower, q-logic kick panels.
Instant Messenger JMatlock88
Old 12-09-2001, 08:38 PM

Car: 85 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI (dead) -> building 355
Transmission: 27 spline 700R4 (another one died) -> T5 goin in next
I know this is going to a basic question, but this place is here for learning, so no flaming me for not being the "all knowing."

I understand that you have to do all sorts of fabbing to get the LT1 intake on a gen I SBC.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Look on people's faces when they can't figure it out.....PRICELESS!</font>
BUT, what won't people figure out?
Wouldn't it just look like an LT1 engine swap, as if you just dropped in the entire engine?

I don't understand what's not to understand.

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 12-09-2001, 08:56 PM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oldblueZ:
I know this is going to a basic question, but this place is here for learning, so no flaming me for not being the "all knowing."

I understand that you have to do all sorts of fabbing to get the LT1 intake on a gen I SBC.

BUT, what won't people figure out?
Wouldn't it just look like an LT1 engine swap, as if you just dropped in the entire engine?

I don't understand what's not to understand.

Thanks,
Jesse
</font>
You would need to know what a LT1 is supposed to look like first. For example, it doesn't have a "distributer"(what we're used to), and ALL front accessarys are differant along with the water pump which is directly connected to the radiator.
Really need pics of each to show you.

------------------
86 Camaro Sport
LT1 Induction
My Camaro Project
Moderator at SE ThirdGen
Old 12-09-2001, 09:19 PM

Car: 85 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI (dead) -> building 355
Transmission: 27 spline 700R4 (another one died) -> T5 goin in next
ahh, Ok, I get it now.

I know what an LT1 looks like, I just couldn't figure out why it looked out of place. The distributer, of course. I forgot about that.

Thanks John,
Jesse

------------------
85 Z28, 305 TPI A4
pretty stock with a few toys

15.43 @ 89.7 mph (3600 ft)
14.75 @ 94 mph (altitude corrected)
http://photos.yahoo.com/j_hougnon

http://screamindeamin.cz28.com/images/jesse/
Old 12-10-2001, 03:35 PM
Supreme Member

Or maybe it's the perimeter bolt valve covers making you look twice. 400sbc :-)
Old 12-10-2001, 06:20 PM
Moderator/TGO Supporter

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Anybody knoe the angle of the intake bolts on the earlier style heads. I am working on 2 manifolds one a 93 and the other a 95. i had started on the 93 but like RCR I have the bolt holes in the right location but the angles are different. I have yet to strt on the 95 but want to make this as smooth as possible.

------------------
89 Iroc 350 TPI,
Forged pistions
Comp roller Cam .510 lift 230dur
Flowmaster exhaust
Dart Iron Eagle heads 200cc runners 64cc chambers
LT1 intake soon...if I can find one!!!
stock TPI for now 24# inj
87 Trans Am GTA 350 TPI
had engine fire
SHE NOW RUNS!!!!
Flowmaster exhaust
LT1 Injectors
LT1 intake also if I can find one!!
Old 12-10-2001, 06:33 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 RS
Engine: 406 Stealth Ram
Transmission: 700R4
I'm still working on the block, but as soon as its done, my LT1 intake will be sitting on top of it Its going to look like this when its done:
Old 12-10-2001, 06:41 PM

Hey RCR I just saw the new pics on your site. Good idea on that distributor spacer. It looks very professional. Did you decide to run both coolant hoses from the back of the manifold or is it still one in front and one in back?

On a side note, I was thinking for my LT4 install, instead of putting the temp sensor in the thermostat housing, I might try to put it in the back of the manifold like is done with the hose nipples in the front. I think it would make for a cleaner install without having to run wires all the way to the fenderwell. What do you guys think? Keep up the good work.
Old 12-10-2001, 06:42 PM
Supreme Member

Your old style heads should have intake bolts that are perpendicular to the head/intake face. The angle of the head to the horizontal is about 30 degrees. Hope that helps!
Old 12-10-2001, 10:35 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 Trans Am GTA
Engine: Miniram'd 383, 24X LS1 PCM
Transmission: TH700R4, 4200 stall
Axle/Gears: 9", 4.33:1
This is starting to look very tempting to me......

EDIT: I have a quick question/concern. Is having the remote t-stat housing where you guys have them (lower than the stock intake setup location) causing any cooling system air pocket problems? Thanks

------------------
1987 GTA L98 MD8
355, TFS Heads, LT4 Hot Cam
My GTA

The Minnesota F-body Club

[This message has been edited by Matt87GTA (edited December 10, 2001).]
Old 12-11-2001, 05:27 AM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matt87GTA:
This is starting to look very tempting to me......

EDIT: I have a quick question/concern. Is having the remote t-stat housing where you guys have them (lower than the stock intake setup location) causing any cooling system air pocket problems? Thanks

</font>
The location was chosen by me during the mod process. I was trying to finish quickly so that's where it ended up. I am happy with it there. No cooling issues at all.
Look on the bright side, I can squeeze another quart or two of coolant into it now.
Old 12-11-2001, 05:32 AM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by John Millican:

PS- You can score these intakes for as little as $85!
</font>
Where? =)
Old 12-11-2001, 08:00 AM
RCR

Rezin: I got my intake, complete, for $100.

Matt87GTA: I tried to keep my thermostat at the stock height. I'm not sure where John put his. I haven't had cooling issues either, but it's only 40* out

Steve: I put one in the front and one in the back. The one on the passenger side might interfere with the distributor (or at least be very close) if moved to the back. I like the idea of moving the temp sensor to the coolant hole.
Old 12-11-2001, 08:02 AM
RCR

BTW, here's a completed picture, minus the hose and fuel line clamps:
Old 12-11-2001, 05:45 PM
Supreme Member

BTW, here's a completed picture, minus the hose and fuel line clamps</font>
This seems to be catching on.

RCR, think you'll ever go back to TPI?

------------------
86 Camaro Sport
LT1 Induction
My Camaro Project
Moderator at SE ThirdGen
Old 12-12-2001, 07:24 AM
RCR

Hey John. One word..."no"
Looks like the local car guys have a dyno day set for the 22'nd (because of me ) I'll be there to get some real comparison numbers.
Old 12-12-2001, 04:48 PM
Supreme Member

Hey John. One word..."no"
Looks like the local car guys have a dyno day set for the 22'nd (because of me ) I'll be there to get some real comparison numbers.
</font>
No you say? LOL! I knew that!

We'll be looking forward to your dyno, your the first to do that. Do you have before numbers?

------------------
86 Camaro Sport
LT1 Induction
My Camaro Project
Moderator at SE ThirdGen
Old 12-13-2001, 07:43 AM
RCR

With the only difference being the intake, I tested at 272 rwhp and 307 ftlbs of torque. I don't have the curve with me, but I think I topped out at 5300RPM. I just hope I have a chance to get the tuning in. I'll kerep you updated...
Old 12-13-2001, 02:31 PM

Would an Lt1 swap be done with using the TPI ignition setup ie Distributer coil and computer and just switch over to the reverse cooling system? Then you would just have to drill for the distributer hole. What do you guys think?
Old 12-13-2001, 02:32 PM

Oh yeah i also meant to use Lt1 heads as well
Old 12-13-2001, 04:52 PM
RCR

wikkidRoc:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Would an Lt1 swap be done with using the TPI ignition setup ie Distributer coil and computer</font>
Yes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> and just switch over to the reverse cooling system? </font>
No

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Then you would just have to drill for the distributer hole. </font>
Yes

John and I both used L-98 style heads and cooling, albiet slightly modified. Check John's site (above) for more info.

------------------
Bob '89 Ram Air Formula 350LT1

My car's homepage
Reader's Ride

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited December 13, 2001).]
Old 12-19-2001, 11:45 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Formula / 09 G8
Engine: LS1 / LS3
Transmission: M6 / M6
Axle/Gears: 3:42 / 3:27
Um, RCR or John... where is the fuel pressure regulator? Its rather obvious on the TPI but i can't seem to find it on the LT1.
Old 12-20-2001, 12:34 AM

Originally posted by Omega
Um, RCR or John... where is the fuel pressure regulator? Its rather obvious on the TPI but i can't seem to find it on the LT1.
Drivers side fuel rail, at the rear. Its kinda small. If you change to an adjustable one, any 1994+ Impala SS or F-body AFPR willwork.

Kelly 'GhoSSt' Rosato
Old 12-20-2001, 07:11 AM
RCR

Here's a picture of the stock regulator on the fuel rail.

Old 12-20-2001, 10:10 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 Iroc-Z
Engine: 350, ZZ4 equivalent
Transmission: Pro-Built Road Race 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Dana 44
Originally posted by RCR
With the only difference being the intake, I tested at 272 rwhp and 307 ftlbs of torque. I don't have the curve with me, but I think I topped out at 5300RPM. I just hope I have a chance to get the tuning in. I'll kerep you updated...
What did you have before the swap??
Old 12-20-2001, 10:58 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Formula / 09 G8
Engine: LS1 / LS3
Transmission: M6 / M6
Axle/Gears: 3:42 / 3:27
Its the thing below the taped section on the fuel line right? No wonder i didn't see it! Arg, now i have to sell my brand new FPR... What a waste of money.

Quick Reply: LT1 conversion update: Ran into problems