TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strong gas smell need help quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2001 | 07:14 PM

strong gas smell need help quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i start my car there is a strong gas smell it does not come up through the car it comes out the rear my engine is a 350 tpi the last guy i took my car too told me my fuel injector was stuck open is that what could be causin this problem cause my car smells like a skidoo. is there any way to get it unstuck and would it cost alot and is it worth it to get them all done or should i get new accels?and what lbs/hr does a stock 350 tpi run for fuel injectors?please reply soon.And what would it cost to get my fuel injectors redone or whatever they can do to them?
Old 11-13-2001 | 07:50 PM

And i forgot to ask too if bad fuel injectors would hinder performance that much or would it just bug the car on takeoff?
Old 11-13-2001 | 07:55 PM
Supreme Member

I dont have a lot of experience, but from what I have read the 350 tpi takes 22lb injectors. If you are not planning on doing a lot of performance mods that will require more fuel I have heard a lot of people suggest having them cleaned and flowmatched. I dont remember the company but their is one online that does it and caries a stock of injectors so that you dont have to wait for your specific injectors back. Maybe someone will post that adress if that is what you decide to do.
Old 11-13-2001 | 10:26 PM

You want to talk to Rich at: www.cruzinperformance.com He is a great guy to deal with.

Ken
Old 11-13-2001 | 10:55 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 85 Camaro SC
Engine: V6
Transmission: 700r4
You should get that fixed as soon as possible.Today at work I was taking apart a LT1 intake that caught on fire.It was leaking as well and got too hot and melted everything and destroyed everything under the hood.
Old 11-14-2001 | 06:23 AM

my car has been burning hot and i thought that it was just normal the guage reads fine but you can feel the heat coming off the exhaust from up under the car i thought it was normal but now that you mention that it could just be my car gettin hot. could i have hurt the engine i drove it all summer like that and it was like that when i bought the car?could it be hurt bad?