TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few TPI questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 11:38 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro RS Vert
Engine: 350 S-TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: GU5/G80/J65
Few TPI questions

Ok, my car is not a true L98, its been made this way, so get that out up front.

PVC. I see a true L98, the pvc is in the drivers cover, goes to the base intake. Then its "breather" comes from the TB to the pass cover. Now, my pvc is in the pass cover and goes to the TB. Then a chrome breather in the drivers cover. Now one would think this would create a vac leak. But I've removed and plugged the TB and it doesnt change the way the car idles. Only thing I have noticed is that I get a dab of oil in the intake(when its connected). I have thought about trying to get an inline filter or something of the sorts to keep oil out. Any thoughts?

Air intake. I have the factory dual snorkle. I have now seen how much it heats up air coming thru. Have read how restrictive it is on a v8(yet perfect for a v6). I have searched on threads about DIY intakes. I'm not liking the routing I have seen so far. But I have an idea for one. But I need some really good pics of a TA/Firebird intake canister where the filter is round and goes in, and someone point me, or provide some? Also, what is the restriction on the bird? The canister, the elbows, what?

Injectors. I have read that the ford blue top 24# injectors are the favored upgrades. Is that the F55E-A2D ones?

What are some average 1/8 mile times for a somewhat stock L98?
Old 05-24-2008, 01:34 AM
Supreme Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 82 Z28
Engine: 383 SP EFI/ 4150 TB
Transmission: T400
Axle/Gears: QP 9" 3.73
Re: Few TPI questions

Originally Posted by Dale
Now, my pvc is in the pass cover and goes to the TB. Then a chrome breather in the drivers cover. Now one would think this would create a vac leak. But I've removed and plugged the TB and it doesnt change the way the car idles.
The PVC is spring loaded shut and you have no vac from the TB as that is the stock " supply " side therefore you only have internal crank pressure releasing out of the breather.
If you had the PVC connected to the original intake port with your breather then you would have open vac leak as air through breather is not metered as it is if sourced from TB port.