TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey bugsbunny

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 09:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey bugsbunny

Eat $hit. Here is your proof dumbass.

I feel embarrassed to even own a thirdgen with people like you owning them.

------------------
Yea .... but it's gonna to the big adios in a BLAZE a glory....
Director of Darwin Awards @ www.thirdgen.org
Old 10-18-2001, 11:32 AM

Your as smart as a box of rocks dude..I feel sorry for your mom.

Who cares what your slips show? What does that prove? It proves how slow YOUR car is, and thats it.

As far as the argument goes in the other thread, DID I EVER CLAIM MY CAR MADE PEAK HP AT 6K?? Absolutely not! It started when I was challenged as to whether or not my car could tach to 6K. Then it got blown out of proportion. So wake up dumbass and let this rest.

Bugs
Old 10-18-2001, 11:41 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 1990 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 355 TPI siamesed runners
Transmission: Tremec T56
Axle/Gears: 12-Bolt 3.73
Sheeeit! Headers and cat-back and not even 200 RWHP?? A friend's 88 IROC 305 5-speed made 200 RWHP stock! Mine was 195 RWHP with a cat-back and I had two bad cylinders! That bites....

------------------
1991 Camaro Z28
5.7L 5-Speed (originally 305)
317 RWHP, 418 RWTQ
13.23 @ 107.62 MPH
Southern California
Member: SoCal 3rd Gen F-Bodies
Member: SoCal F-Bodies
-=ICON Motorsports=-
Old 10-18-2001, 11:58 AM
Supreme Member

Car: '87 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 385 HSR
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 posi
Maybe it's from a peanut-cammed engine. Here's a dyno from my old 305, although I was only running mid 15's at 88 mph with this amount of power. My best 1/4-mile time of 14.86 @ 91 mph was last fall and the engine lost 30-40 hp between then and this spring.

------------------
Greg Westphal
'87 IROC 355TPI/A4
Old 10-18-2001, 12:50 PM

Car: 2007 Corvette Z06
Engine: LS7
Transmission: 6 speed
How much does it cost to get a run on a dyno, no tuning, just for ****s and giggles? I hope my little 305 with headers, chip, makes more than these ~180 rwhp TPIs. 96.4 mph is my best trap speed, i'd say 95mph is ave. Is my car close to the 220 rwhp, those mph and vehicle weight calculations suggest?

Anyone else find it funny about the guy who had his 176rwhp dyno sheet in a frame?LOL

I'm almost embarrassed to admit having my best time slip taped to the wall. 14.62 @ 95.33mph(inspiration to go faser i guess)
Old 10-18-2001, 01:39 PM

Car: Formula
Engine: 400 sbc
Transmission: 700r4
hey man, if you're talking about me, i have it in a frame so i can point out (later on) what hp it had before.. there's a space on the frame beside it for another dyno printout..
if, well.. i'm still stating that is why i have it all done up (the dyno sheet).. neways.

------------------
87 formula
LB9, Automatic
K&N
3" catback v-force muffler
Hypertech preformance chip
Old 10-18-2001, 01:45 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Beast5spdGTA:
How much does it cost to get a run on a dyno, no tuning, just for ****s and giggles? I hope my little 305 with headers, chip, makes more than these ~180 rwhp TPIs. 96.4 mph is my best trap speed, i'd say 95mph is ave. Is my car close to the 220 rwhp, those mph and vehicle weight calculations suggest?

</font>
Dyno prices vary place to place of course. The shop that did my gear swap charges $65 for 3 runs.

As for your hp, yeah you have at least 220 if not a little more.

Bugs

------------------
91 Z28 305TPI 5spd
Hypertech Stage II, EB Intake & Runners, Ported Plenum, EB Headers, 3" Cat, 3" FM Catback, 1.6RR's, 3.42gears, B&M Ripper Shifter, MSD Wires/Cap/Rotor/6AL, AFPR, Air Foil, K&N's, Gutted Airbox, TB Bypass, platinum plugs, and 160deg Stat.
Old 10-18-2001, 02:47 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 2000 Trans Am
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
edit... better be a nice moderator and not say bad things....

------------------
-86 IROC

-=ICON Motorsports=-

[This message has been edited by Guido (edited October 18, 2001).]
Old 10-18-2001, 04:04 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 04 GTO
Engine: LS1
Transmission: M12 T56
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bugsbunny:
Your as smart as a box of rocks dude..I feel sorry for your mom.

Who cares what your slips show? What does that prove? It proves how slow YOUR car is, and thats it.

As far as the argument goes in the other thread, DID I EVER CLAIM MY CAR MADE PEAK HP AT 6K?? Absolutely not! It started when I was challenged as to whether or not my car could tach to 6K. Then it got blown out of proportion. So wake up dumbass and let this rest.

Bugs
</font>
I'm closing this thread as well. As for blockheads point, i think the fact that greg's dyno slip is basically the same shape should start to give you half a clue as to what we've been telling you the whole time. TPIs do not make power to 6k.
As for your points, here is your answer...
-As has been said a million times over, no one doubts you can 'rev' that high. Also, especially in an A4, noone doubts that it can be advantageous to over-rev first gear to put the recovery RPM in a sweeter spot.

-Why you think your car is so different than every other TPI ever made is beyond me. Your powerband is not going to be different with the same pieces determining it. Headers and a ported intake do not significantly add to the useable RPM range. Sure they help you make more power by letting more air in WHEN THE ENGINE IS TRYING TOP GET AIR IN. But the fact is, the heads, cam, and overall intake design all make for the engine not drawing much air at high rpms, which means it doens't make power. You have 2 dyno sheets in this post alone that show torque falling off like a rock after 3500 rpms. Torque will still fall off just as fast with a ported set-up and headers (thats if those sheets didn't have them in the first place), it will be a little higher ACROSS the board, but it doesn't change the real useful area of the curve.

Here's my last piece of advice. Learn how an engine works. Stop acting like a *****, and actually try to understand the factors that play a part in how an engine makes power. Your arguing that your engine needs to spin to 6k to run it's best ET just sounds stupid to people who KNOW that a basically stock TPI engine runs faster when you're not trying to rev the **** out of it. You're not scaring us b/c you're going to find some hidden secret to TPI. People have been racing TPI engines since 85, why do we all accept that they're not a high revving engine after years of experimenting, yet a newbie who has 4 inconsistent passes has suddenly found where we're all wrong. you should be trying to learn from us (which we have given you plenty of FACTUAL reasons why you are wrong), yet instead, you think you're teaching us something new. Wak up kid. Yes we're ALL here to learn, but the fact is, you don't know a damn thing yet...