TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check engine soon light goes on after a/c use. what's wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check engine soon light goes on after a/c use. what's wrong?

but when a/c is not use, light doesn't go on. tried to get the code for it to know what the problem is but no code. it started happening when i got to yuma, arizona from bc, canada. something to do with heat in yuma when i start using a/c often? will be going back to bc, canada in four days and would like to know the problem before going back north about 1300 miles away. thanks for any help provided.
Old 09-26-2001, 11:21 PM
TGO Supporter

There should be a code...but when does the light come on...and what do you do to make it go off?
Old 09-27-2001, 11:12 AM

check engine soon light blinks on when a/c is on for quite awhile. so just to be on the safe side, i would turn off the a/c. light would still blink till i shut off the engine. if i turned on the engine within an hour or so it will blink. this is when i tried to get the code but strangely no code. but next day after leaving the car parked the engine light will not turn on if i don't use the a/c. also tried to get the code but no code either.