TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPI Wiring Harnes Questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPI Wiring Harnes Questions.....

Hey guys, this looks like a pretty nice place. I have learned a lot just by reading what's been going on around here. I haven't been able to find any answers to my quesions yet, so I thought I would try here.

I have a Jeep cj7 I am putting an 89 350 TPI into. I have a few books that are giving me trouble on a few wires.

1. I am told to run the ECM power wire A6 though switched power. That should be swiched on with key on and crank, or just key on?

2. I am told to run the ESC power pin B through the gauges fuse. Is the gauges fuse switched on key on and crank, or just key on?

3. My books only show the big coil on cap distributor. I have the small cap distributor with the coil by itself. This coil has two connectors on the top of it. One is black, and one is gray. The black has one pink wire and one white wire both going to the distributor. I tied my tach into this white one.
The gray connector has a larger pink wire that goes to key on and crank power. Which fuse do I use for this, or it's own? The other wire is a larger white wire with the set timing connector. Where does this go? I show it as going to the D5 ecm spot, but I already have a wire going from there to the four pin connector on the distributor, which is tan. Should I tie this big white wire into it?

4. The ecm C8 goes to the 700r4 letting the ecm know it's in 4th gear. Do I need to hook this up? I am using a Jet lock up controller to take care of my tranny.

Any help would be awsome! I've really hit a brick wall with this one. My books say different things. Thankyou,

Josh.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just found out I might get kicked out for not having a third gen car. I hope I'm not stepping on any feet here. I just thought you guys would be of more help then the jeep guys.
I'm very greatful for the guy that emailed me the help I needed.