TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine grounds questions, help needed please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006 | 12:26 PM

Car: 1986 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: Who orders an auto in a Camaro??
Axle/Gears: Economy gears..once again, WHY?!?
Engine grounds questions, help needed please!

Im suppose to have a ground wire on the generator bracket on my 86 z28, 305 tpi, and I don't. What was that ground for, and what wire is it suppose to be? Also, if its not too much trouble whats the main grounds locations I need to worry about? Thanks in advance. I suspect I may have ground wire issues. I got a mess of grounds bolted to the back of my DRIVERS side cylinder head, and I don't think thats where they should be. There's about 5 hooked to it. Help is GREATLY APPRICIATED. I just want to have this area covered so I don't worry about it no more.
Old 05-02-2006 | 02:53 PM

Car: red one
Engine: on the floor
Transmission: next to engine
Axle/Gears: the ones that turn
My car has the same group of grounds on the back of the driver head, and another (one) on pass. head that go's to the fire wall. My neg. bat. terminal cabel go's to the alt. bracket, the small wire from bat. terminal go's to the fender. Hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2006 | 02:59 PM

Car: 1986 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: Who orders an auto in a Camaro??
Axle/Gears: Economy gears..once again, WHY?!?
Originally Posted by joejoe
My car has the same group of grounds on the back of the driver head, and another (one) on pass. head that go's to the fire wall. My neg. bat. terminal cabel go's to the alt. bracket, the small wire from bat. terminal go's to the fender. Hope this helps.
That help is greatly appriciated, thanks a ton bud! I fyou ever have any questions, hit me up and I'll be glad to help. I just dont like my haynes manual and wanted to get some info on this from actual camaro owners. Ill run that wire to my alternator bracket now. thanks again!!!