TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Washed down engine, now code 33

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 90 Integra
Engine: B18
Transmission: 5-speed
Washed down engine, now code 33

Hello,

I just finished washing down my engine bay, and after letting it dry off for a while, I got a code 33 after starting it up. Checked my IAC(more on that later), and my TPS voltage which was fine. Car seems to run alright, maybe a little rougher but not enough that you could notice much of a difference if you didn't know.

Before I go searching for a new MAF sensor, what relays/wiring could I check to see that might be fried, and how would I go about checking them? Also, would it be possible I knocked a vacuum line loose perhaps? Any sort of procedure with diagrams would be excellent. I let my car sit overnight and dry, disconnected battery in the morning and let codes reset, but still get code 33.

About the IAC: No matter how far in or out I set the IAC Torx bolt, when I try to adjust the idle, the car will stall immediately when I start it with the IAC unplugged. Is this a bad IAC motor possibly? It has always been like this, not just since I washed the engine. My car has always idled about 1000 in Park when I start it up, after getting warm it gets down to 600 or so in drive. Seems to search for an idle a little bit too when it starts cold.

Thanks again,
-Dustin
Old 04-14-2004, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 GTA Nighthawk
Engine: 389 CID TPI
Transmission: TCI 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.23
Okay, so I don't have to go look it up and I don't remember, what is code 33, low voltage, high voltage, no voltage, DOA, what?