TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AS Promised...Dyno Results and MAF test..

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine: 2 mice and a cat
Guys,

I am not going to stoop to the level of arguing again. You can read in the DIY board and many of the other posts I made here, and see what really happens, as it does with so so many other members. We are all smart enough to see the light and I don't have to spell it out or make excuses for my actions or words like others do. Go read, you will see. What started out as a request for soliciting some help on a project, turned out to be a contest of capability for some. Even after respectfully replying with note of concideration to the recommnendations, and an explination that it was just a test really for myself and I wanted to share with others, and they can draw their own intelligent conclusions.

Once again as I am bowing out, as I have shown exactly what I am saying and proving what I say I am, the plite to start more arguing follows me once again.

For that I am outta here..................

See you all over at the new hangout, where we can get down to business without the CONSTANT disruptions.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:38 AM
Supreme Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Car: 89 IrocZ
Engine: L98-ish
Transmission: 700R4
Grumpy,

You sure you're in the correct thread? Or are you referring to another thread I missed?
Old 06-03-2003, 08:50 AM

Received 225 Likes on 211 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Originally posted by 8Mike9
Grumpy,

You sure you're in the correct thread? Or are you referring to another thread I missed?
Oh, if I may, he's in the correct thread. . .

RBob.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:49 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 84 SVO
Engine: Volvo headed 2.3T
Transmission: WCT5
Axle/Gears: 8.8" 3.73
Ah yes the "other" list.....

So far the favorite thread is nothin more than bashing TGO, The mods and several members (myself included) that have done nothing more than disagree with you.

Tell kvu hello.. And that I am honored to have made his special chite list.. I am in good company.

Enjoy your new list....
Old 06-03-2003, 09:58 AM
Banned

I believe in giving credit where credit is due: You see here in the last few posts the three main people (grumpy, Saturn (which I thought said he was done here the other day), and Rrob responsible for

A. People seeking another site
B. Threads beeing locked
C People not posting as much as they would like to.

The merge will happen fellas, then you can have your board to your selves, as some of you have mentioned in the past it should be. You will not be happy till its that way and anyone that disagrees with your ways is considered a target. You guys have to operate as a team to feel as a whole. Pretty sad.

To those that don't want to be a follower. See you at the other board for open discussions.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Supreme Member

Its not tuning methods that have been shunned, from my guess and quick confirmation from browsing your new site and its TGO bashing thread, maybe it was the attitudes that have been shunned. THe members you guys are targeting HERE are simply confident, where as members like kvu are abrasive if not abusive. If you want to discuss real world "Where the rubber meets the road" tuning, how will you get that done in a TGO bashing thread?
Old 06-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Banned

You see fellas, this is the reason people want another alternative with a little more latitude

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=180658

explain to us why that post was closed and then I will conceed, as will everyone else.

You guys did it to yourselves....don't point the finger at others when this place is a bone yard

R.I.P.

If you would like we can do this all day long with examples, upon example, upon petty example. But your best bet as always would be to delete/lock the thread. But that just further backs my argument, doesn't it? The precarious positions we get ourselves into when we challenge others from a weak standpoint.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:23 AM
Supreme Member

The thread had reached its goal, what more did you want?

Following under the same guidlines this one would/should/could be locked as well. However I'm currios since you all seem so convinced when your valid arguement will show up. You have such an undieing conviction that you're all saints in the MAF world and pioneers no doubt, when none of you have discovered anything new...?

I dont even get the beef, everyone gives you hard data, you want hard data, then you complain when the subject gets worn out? I dont recall any mods or "respectable" members of this site saying what you're doing is impossible, whats the problem?

Last edited by tpi_roc; 06-03-2003 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:34 AM
Banned

The thread reached its goal? In who's eyes? The people that were having the conversation and then replied in the next one I starting asking for an explination? And does every thread get locked opon its completion. You guys would make horrible defense attorneys.

I will tell you why it was deleted, because someone finally with some some results is speaking up against the known conspiracy here, (what conspiracy right?). Its almost like a communist goverment trying to control the information. You see what happens to all the goverments that operate under that philosphy when the people start learning the *real* truth. Crumble-crumble.

Hard data is what I have been asking for all along. Not pictures of test benches etc, LOL Hard data, that is what this entire thread was started on. Holy Cow TPI-ROC stop while you are ahead.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Supreme Member

The thread wasn't started as a flame war on SD but you took it there, besides this is a tangent, regardless:

Third Generation F-Bodies Welcome back, tpi_roc
View New Posts
Members: 22,814, Threads: 179,462, Posts: 1,317,851
Welcome to our newest member, Big Ruff Toys 4

You guys are by far a minority, not to mention a minority that just likes to gripe...? how is that hard data, although you yourself have provided useful information, members like kvu are not missed by anybody, the people who leave wont even put a dent in thirdgen, and will likely still remain members of both, either way you're outie, why are you still posting?
Old 06-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Supreme Member

Good luck on your way to 10s, i respect your work, and your car. You have shown MAF can be fast, and its always been known in its proper place it can be better than SD. I've got nothing to argue so I wont do it, I might even show up on that board some day once the anti-tgo cheerleader popularity contest crap dies down for real info. As we've all heard, fighting over the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded.

Anywho as I said, good luck and see ya around
Old 06-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Banned

I started a flame war on SD. I simply asked the guy why he wanted to switch over to SD from MAF. And he responded exactly like I figured he would. My ***, that is a flame war? Offering to help someone before they rewire their entire computer system in their car? I sure as heck would want someone to tell me that it wasn't necessary to do before I did something like that. But I'm sure some of you guys wouldn't even make a peep, if someone was going to go way way out of their way with some unnecessary alterations. For the learning experience right? Give me a break.

Why am I still posting here. I tried to duck out, but I sure as hell am not going to leave while people are still discussing my very reason for leaving. And I think I owe it to the rest of the individuals here that deserve to know the truth.

Your right, I did provide good information while I was here. That good information is the reason that I am not particularly like too. Some recognize a person that is trying to do good, and some fail to for personal reasons to aknowledge the fact.

Posting the stats of a website is proof in itself that you are guys do not value the people that are here, and the comment about "people that would leave and it not making a dent" Shows how much the people here are valued by the people in charge. Every people deserves to have an opportunity to speak freely and be heard with respect. Not bashed and made out to look like an ***. But that is only allowed by certain, others have their threads locked or banned. KVU is not the issue here. I am. I am the one speaking to you now and the one that is asking the questions. So address what is infront of you an not try to weasel out to another topic.

The fact that the one thread was closed is proof enough you guys want to control whatever and whoever speaks here. Why? So what if an arguement or two starts out over a SR vs MIni ram setup? Or a slick over a frag radial? Or a MAF vs a SD? Or a good thread over a bad thread?

When I start to read a thread, if it doesn't interest me I go to the next one. If I don't want to comment I don't, if I do, then I do. We are all big boys and girls here. We can make that choice on our own. I was in no way disrespectful to hawk4me in that thread. I offered my opinion based on my experiences with MAF. If he want to take that information that is fine, if he doesn't its no sweat off my back. The arguments that do start up, for many they pick out the good information and decide for themselves what is right or wrong.

This sport/hobby is nothing of a definate science. There are many many angles that need to be looked at. If it were exact then everyone would be running the same time and every 35/SR/219 combo or any other alike setups would perform equally.

I for one listen to the people that are polite and have obviously done what they say they can. That is what this is all about. I can be proven wrong tomorrow, as I was trying to do to myself with the MAF => SD testing I wanted to do. I am not so proud like many that I can't come back here and say hey, boy fellas, I took it to what I thought was the limit, then switched her over to SD and picked up .3 ths and 60hp! I would love to report soemthing like that. As I think it would be a great accomplishment for myself, and also provide some text for other to base their opinions off of.

You guys have me all wrong if you think that I am just here to cause problems or stirr up trouble. I am the type of person that is a straight shooter and isn't going to pull any punches if necessary. That is why I am in the job I have etc, its sorta a system of checks and balances. Its just that simple. You push, I'll push back. If you look back through all my topics that were debate type scenerios, I think you will respect the type of person I am, and see the truth in many of them if you keep an open mind.

I have been wrong in the past, and I could be wrong again, but I think that is a pretty good representation of what I am this should be about.

Jesse
Old 06-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Supreme Member

You have proven yourself to be your own personal hero, I wont step in the way. Enjoy and best of luck
Old 06-03-2003, 12:48 PM
Banned

TPI_Roc,

Well if that is what you got out of my last post then I guess I have to agrue no longer further you made my point once again.

Just when you were starting to make some sense you ruin it with that remark, while I was away giving a meeting. I was going to post my regards to you. As the last post that I posted after your respectful one was not in regards to that one, as you can see by the post time. I was going to post a nice reply back, but that attempt was ruined by your last comment.

I see that its like arguing with a wall. No matter what I say I will never get you guys to realize what the true purpose of this board should be. Hence the reason we started our own. The people that have a true love for the sport and are finally fed up with the railroading of information that goes on here will surely migrate to the new posting grounds.

See you all there.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:59 PM
Supreme Member

This board should be exactly what the single (and co-) administrator of the board want it to be, with possibly some input from sponsors depending on their relationship. I tried to maintain my respect for you but your comment "So address what is infront of you an not try to weasel out to another topic." contained nothing but disrespect. KVU, the other board, and the members "Migrating" were ALL brought up by yourself, so I didn't weasel anywhere, but commented on what you brought to the table. You're not here for data, you're here to get everyone to change their opinions, just as you accuse everyone here of doing to the "Poor helpless maf guys".

You say I was starting to "make sense" what you mean is it was in your favor, act like an adult. There is undenyably a great resource and wealth of information here, there may endup one on your new board, however this one has chosen a low to zero tollerance for flame wars, reoccuring beat to death topics, and basically anything non technical (as this post has become). You want to blame a site and its members as a whole for what some mods chose to do, some admins chose to do, yet say I'm basically a **** with no concideration for individuals because i posted statistics of the prosperity of this site. If i was so callus would this be open?

My comment about your stubbornes doesn't change what you've done with your work and what I think about it, take it as an insult if you will, but it will be more benificial taken with insight.

You dont pay to use this board, nobody does, its free, be thankful for the time you have as I am, no matter what gets locked or deleted, its a free resource and nothing is lost to anybody, everyone is here on free will.

Do you feel you didn't get something you were owed?
Old 06-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 84 SVO
Engine: Volvo headed 2.3T
Transmission: WCT5
Axle/Gears: 8.8" 3.73
On Ski's behalf.. I brought up KVU..as he announced me on his chite list @ "other" board.

For the rest.. thanks.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Supreme Member

I understand

but the board (thusly its contents) and the generalization of people migrating away was brought up by ski

I have had run ins with KVU myself so he stands out in my mind

thanks saturn

Last edited by tpi_roc; 06-03-2003 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Banned

Look guys,

Its not about the he said she said crap.

I will say thing place is a good place to learn. However I don't agree with the fact that certain people criticize others work, and can't even come close to posting results close.

I never said I know all their was to know about tuning, or that I was the only person on this earth that could get a MAF car to run quick. Or that I was a pioneer in any way.

I do take acception to when posts are locked, just because of a topic or the fact that people are sorta disagreeing, but working towards learning more or picking one anothers opinion. What is the harm in that? That post that was locked was rediculous. And I don't think that anyone has the right to lock a thread when they themselves or anyone else for that matter knows the answers to the question. That questions being, "How far can MAF be pushed?" Since that was the topic there. WHo cares if we want to speculate/test theories and till the topic is beat into the ground and submerged beneath the ground? Isn't that how answers are found?

Or are we suppose to take what we are force fed by a few and run with that? When those few, don't even have a car of their own that they work on that can come close to pushing the limits of the system. You may want to follow that lead, but I for sure don't care to. Maybe that is why I am where I am at with my setup after only 1 month of tuning.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Banned

Also as far as the ranting over at the other board, you can see what my take is on that.........and you can see my response to it all. That is my opinion, but its just that an opinion. The others can talk about it how they like.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Supreme Member

Respectable enough

This thread has been unlocked
https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=180457

It would have been best addressed in a PM (I know we've all heard that before) and with a little discussion im sure it could have been unlocked sooner, maybe not, who knows, anyways it is now.

anything else?