TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know anything about RamJet intake?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know anything about RamJet intake?

I am planning a combo this winter and already have most of the parts except the intake.

What I'll be doing is using a stock short block with a set of Vortec heads milled to achieve 10:1 CR, use a ZZ3 camshaft, and possiblya Ramjet kit that comes complete with harness and sensors and PCM.

What are your thoughts of this combo? Would that intake support 6000RPM's and nitrous use? I may also add twin turbos the following year and money and time allow, and would also like input on the intake with forced induction.

Thanks for any input in advance.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you would be better off just getting the intake, fuel rails, and tb. The TPI computer will be better than the Ramjet one since the ramjet is open loop and not easily programmable. The Ramjet will defiantly support a lot of power and at higher RPMs. It is very similar to the LT1 but with a little longer runners and larger plenum. There was a huge thread on the ramjet awhile back with tons of info, although a little outdated. Do a search and check that out.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:17 PM
Jza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed. Even the salesman that I was referred to as their RamJet guru said that it would be better off to use a TPI computer. The gist is that it's better set up for street use, not to mention whacks a huge chunk off of your buying price.

AS&M sells a retrofit kit to add O² capability (closed loop) to the RamJet's computer, but you don't wanna know how much that bad boy costs.

It's a good intake as far as my opinion matters . The intake choice doesn't effect nitrous or forced induction very drastically.
Old 08-30-2002, 10:45 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, thanks guys. Sounds like I'll be using it along with a stock MAF ECM with custom burned PROM.

I appreciate the advice....