TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine plugs

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Formula
Engine: 400 sbc
Transmission: 700r4
engine plugs

i'm just curious to see if this has happened to anybody.
i live on a farm (no jokes plz) so i gotta go down a gravel road for a bit..
neways, i get to the hiway and i put her to the mat. so, when i hit second gear, my rear spun and my car went sideways.. so i figure that there was some gravel on the passing side of the hiway and i had just hit that.. anyways.. a km later i notice my temp gauge is at 120 and climbing.. then it starts to klunk so i shut her down and i park on the side of the hiway. open my door and there's smoke comming from the bottom of my car..
call my dad up and he tows me home (is it ok to tow a vehical with an AUTO when it's in nutral?)
ok, so i blew the block heater right out of the block and ran a km (3/4 of a mile) at high rpm's while antifreeze was comming out of the freeze plug hole..
my question.. isn't the rad cap suppose to let out the pressure?
the cap says #16..
is that right?.
what dammage could come out of this.. i havn't turned over my motor yet.. i want to put in some AF before (it's pretty much drained) that klunking could be... what?
and i have a second question..
the spring on my TB for my TPI.. how do i change that? i can't see anything to unscrew or clips or anything..
Old 06-03-2002, 12:56 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Klunking = Detonation?

Block heater? heheh haven't seen one of those in 17 years. Never had one put in my car while I was stationed N.D., and the car never failed to fire right up.

Well, only way to tell if any damage was done is to plug that hole up and fill er up with water/antifreeze and fire it up. keep a sharp eye out for leaks elsewhere and keep an eye on the temp.

~M~