TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are some good books to get from the library?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are some good books to get from the library?

I am probably going to the library today, and i want to know what are some books you can reccomend? I have Camaro Performance Handbook 82-92 and the one that has a red third gen on the front, and the backround is like red, yellow, and maaaybeeee some blue, but i think it's just red and yellow.

What else can i get thats sweet? Myabe a Haynes manual, someone told me they have them.... I am wanting to learn to get into custom prom burning, what kind of books can i get to learn about it, or anything related to teach me basics? It doesn't have to be third gen related. So what are good car books?
Old 05-22-2002, 01:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"How to Repair & Modify Chevrolet Fuel Injection" by Ben Watson is a very well written book and has good troubleshooting trees in it.
I have a Hygrade manual for fuel injection systems that has been very helpful in trouble shooting my car throughout it's life, it has schematics for all the different FI systems up to 1988. Only problem is I haven't seen another of these manuals around and is has no ISBIN number on it.

Personally I hate Haynes manuals and would rather use a Chiltons, I have 2 of them, one for the car and one that just covers the fuel injection system.

If you do get an F body in the near future you may want to try to track down a GM shop manual for it. Another manual that is nice to have is one I got off E bay. It is a Camaro assembly manual. It lists all the parts and numbers in exploded views for every model of Camaro, from the base car all the way up to the IROC. Very handy.

Happy reading.

~M~