Third Gen Association of Ontario Regional message board for everyone in Southern Ontario and nearby regions.

Christmas bah....

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 10:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christmas bah....

I can't remember when the whole mess began, but I'll try to recount the worst holiday I've had in awhile...

On the 3rd sunday of December my girlfriend's grandmother passed away. Felt for her, tried to be there for her and be strong. Since I had already lost all my grandparents, my final grandparent and grandfather passing away when I was 14, I understood what she was feeling and had gone through, what I hadn't realized was that I still had many unresolved feelings from when that happened to me...

On the 4th sunday of December, Chris aka Irocker informs me that his grandfather had passed away... I feel for you Christ and my condolences... at this point I am still sane... still comforting someone from the previous week...

1 day later I revisit my entire life in a flash as heading home from christmas shopping I met black ice on the exit ramp from the 404 to the 401. My car spun around twice and almost took a dive into the express lanes of the 401 but fate steered me and the rear of the car into a guard rail.

2 Death notices, 1 missed funeral and my life almost ending and causing a disaster that would have taken at least 20 other cars and *** knows how many people with me, I am in utter shock and pretty much in need of a good psychiatrist or something...

On the 5th sunday of december I am called by my friend that my mentor, former high school principal and grandfather figure for me has passed away due to complications from a tumor in his brain...

So here I am 3 death notices, 1 missed funeral, 1 funeral, 1 brush with death later and I swear that my phone stays off on sundays from here on in...

But life isn't done with me... computer crashed, 15 hours to restore (its my life, work and business), car stalled on way to work, fixed it in middle of road for 30 mins at -15 with windchill temps... oh did I mention that I had 3 broken bones in my hand from november? long story took me almost 2 months to heal ie almost healed now, still some discomfort... have a stomach flu/bug...

ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It never ends...

I had to vent, I slipped on the stairs today, bruised my back...

I hope for the best for everyone and that you all stay alive so we can head out to some events together.

Life is precious, cherish the moments, and see you in the coming months...

Last edited by Slade1; 01-14-2003 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:05 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 83WS6TA
Engine: ZZ4
Transmission: TH350C
Axle/Gears: 3:23
A lot of times stuff like that seems to happen around Christmas.

Last year my wife was extremely ill over the holidays as a result of some antibiotics given to her by a dentist during late October.

In early December her own doctor gave her the distinct impression that it was cancer and then took off for a month saying they'd have to "talk" in January. It was a very difficult time for us. Basically everything was shut down in Toronto and the emergancy wards were full of crackheads.

We eventually went to the Markham Stouffville Hospital where they spent some time with her and diagnosed the problem. It took a while for her to recover from all of that.

Got a few death notices as well but I won't go into it except to say that an old friend was killed in car crash recently. About 15 years ago his wife and her brother had been killed in an accident right in front of him. He was following them in his truck and they got hit as they were coming out of a side road.

Anyway, no magic words but I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been going through.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear Slade... A friend of mine from home also was killed in a car accident on Monday.

Just remember the good times.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:27 AM
Supreme Member

Rovic: Stick in there man. Hopefully the worst is over. Unfortunately all the bad things seem to happen at once, and for your sake I hope it's all done with. If you need any help let me know. Hopefully I will be back out your way soon and we'll go out for coffee...or a drink.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:41 AM
KWF

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortunes' Rovic. Hang in there.

ps. having just recently broke my right ring finger playing basketball, i know about 1 10th how you're feeling
Old 01-15-2003, 07:59 AM

Car: 1990 GTA
Engine: L98 5.7 L
Transmission: 700R
Axle/Gears: 3.45 9 Bolt
Sorry about all your troubles, Rovic. Sounds like you have a rough go, recently. I was wondering what had happened to you, haven't seen you on-line in awhile. Hope everything looks up from here on in. Looking forward to seeing you at Dyno Day this spring. Heal up that hand, you'll be wanting to turn some wrenches before that day comes.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:04 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 85 Monte Carlo SS...
Engine: T.P.I L98.
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 3:73 Posi
First of all, my condolences man. That all sounds pretty rough. Take it one step at a time and stay focused. Bad thing almost always happen in at least 3's. you passed that a little. On a good note... everything is equal in life so maybe you will get more then 3 good things happen here in 2003. All the best man, and take care of yourself.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:59 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 84 Trans Am
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700r4
sorry to here about all the deaths over the holidays, Slade. hopefully you will be able to make it through this rough time. my sympathies to you.

Jason, sorry to here about your friend. my condolences. was it anyone that i would know? hopefully you are making it through this okay.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:21 AM
TGO Supporter

Car: Chrysler 300c
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Transmission: 5spd auto
Axle/Gears: 2.89
Slade give me a call on Saturday sometime after 1pm.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Supreme Member

Thanks for the words guys

Update: My seiko kinetic watch of 6 years broke Ok well the strap on it but it still bugs me...

Argggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Will it never end?
Old 01-15-2003, 01:38 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 Camaro Z28 Anniversary Edition
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: Borg Warner 5-Speed
Originally posted by Slade1
Thanks for the words guys

Update: My seiko kinetic watch of 6 years broke Ok well the strap on it but it still bugs me...

Argggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Will it never end?
my condelecenceses (however you spell it)

yah i'm pissed off too, my $500 watch has a scratch on the lense and they said it's a crystal lense that they can't replace or polish/buff. bastards!
Old 01-15-2003, 03:09 PM

I am so sorry to hear your holiday sucked. I feel your pain. I have lost a lot and been through a lot the last 3 Christmas's. I wish i could tell you that it has gotten better with time. All you can do is try to stay positive and move forward.... and don't forget to count the blessings you have.

Oh, I want to mention that this board is a great place to come when u are feeling down and the weather is making matters worse. It has helped me feel better.
Thanks 2 all that post here.
Old 01-15-2003, 03:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by darbleinad
sorry to here about all the deaths over the holidays, Slade. hopefully you will be able to make it through this rough time. my sympathies to you.

Jason, sorry to here about your friend. my condolences. was it anyone that i would know? hopefully you are making it through this okay.

Thanx man.... definitely no one you would know. A guy I used to know from playing in bands. It still sucks... but I can deal with it.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:14 PM

Hey Rovic : Well look at the bright side ........ya got 2 complete taillights for free ...!!! J/K ........dude sorry i've been busy lately but you should know i'm here for ya anytime you need ........just pick up the phone or come over !!! thats what friends are for ....

I remember you telling me about some of that stuff .......i hope everything works it self out for you & you G/F's family .

your buddy ..........Mark

Sorry i had to through this in for good measure :P ....
this'll make ya smile !!!!!

Last edited by Z-drr-Guy; 01-15-2003 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:27 PM

I am so sorry to hear your holiday sucked. I feel your pain. I have lost a lot and been through a lot the last 3 Christmas's. I wish i could tell you that it has gotten better with time. All you can do is try to stay positive and move forward.... and don't forget to count the blessings you have.

Oh, I want to mention that this board is a great place to come when u are feeling down and the weather is making matters worse. It has helped me feel better.
Thanks 2 all that post here.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:56 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 iroc-z custom
Engine: 355 tuned port
Transmission: 5spd baby, only way to go
Axle/Gears: 3.45
my prayers go out to each and everyone who has lost/is losing someone(s) and whoever didnt have a merry christmas/happy new year..things will always get better...just sometimes it does take time..

all you can do is grin and bare with them, there is always a silver lining on a dark cloud..

look forward to seeing you all in the summer..

iroc2nv
Old 01-16-2003, 11:53 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 84 Trans Am
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700r4
Jason, i am glad to hear you are doing okay. when you said someone from back home I was afraid it was Mike, so i was a little worried.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:56 PM

Car: '90 Trans Am GTA
Engine: LB9
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73's
Hey sorry to hear about your holidays man... It can only get better fom here. Lots of bad stuff happened all around last Christmas (co-worker's father died, another's brother-in-law died in a house fire which also seriously damaged her home next door, my father diagnosed with lung cancer, etc...). Now it's a new year, time to start fresh.

Hang in there, before long you'll be out cruising in 28C weather forgetting all your troubles...