Third Gen Association of Ontario Regional message board for everyone in Southern Ontario and nearby regions.

NO SHOW at SPARTA... well, almost...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 08:04 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 90 IROC 5.7 hardtop
Engine: L98
Transmission: T5 swap
Axle/Gears: Yup -- they still work
NO SHOW at SPARTA... well, almost...

To add to the days adventures (flat tires at 140kmh, rad hoses blowing out and subsequent rear-enders) my Formula had some rear brake problems.

The night before I decided to adjust them up guess I was a little too aggressive or just didn't pay much attention cause when we hit the hiway the next day morning they were so tight that they started to smoke. I tried backing them off (thx for the tools Slade) but it didn't help the drums were so out of round by then that they were toast. I finally tried backing them off completely (the dash warning light was now coming on) but the adjuster or springs or something had seized so I wasn't able to do more than 70kms without the car shaking itself apart.

So I limped back to Kitchener. I was so p*ssed off I went to the parts source and bought two complete rear drum kits left and right went home tore off everything replaced it with new and then drove down to Sparta again -- this time at 150kmh.

I got there just as everyone was leaving. I did get to meet AcceldZ and Daz and some of us went out for a bite afterwards.
So went my Sept. 21st Sparta adventure. You never know what a day has in store for you eh ?

I was really looking forward to meeting everyone and am about as disappointed as you can be that the day went the way it did for me. I also wanted to try out my latest mods to see how they affected my times but I guess everyone was running slow -- or so I heard so maybe next time.

I figure I'll head down to Cayuga next Saturday... maybe Sparta ? Don't want to put the car away for the year without knowing my last and best times for 2002 ?!?!?

adious,
RP.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:43 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 84 Trans Am
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700r4
hahahah.....jason and i and his brother went to alymer looking for you guys at both tim hortans and couldnt find you guys (we were in scottmans cavalier), so we went to Tillsonburg to wait for Acceld Z to get back. we ended up being hit on by a drunk 50 biatch. then we hung out with Mr. Jordans friends from sudbary. very cool guys, and a very nice car. absolutely beautiful. they had a great time and want to come dwon more next year. they dont have any tracks up there.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:10 PM
Supreme Member

yah

Originally posted by darbleinad
hahahah.....jason and i and his brother went to alymer looking for you guys at both tim hortans and couldnt find you guys (we were in scottmans cavalier), so we went to Tillsonburg to wait for Acceld Z to get back. we ended up being hit on by a drunk 50 biatch. then we hung out with Mr. Jordans friends from sudbary. very cool guys, and a very nice car. absolutely beautiful. they had a great time and want to come dwon more next year. they dont have any tracks up there.
Hey Brad we were wondering where you guys got to we ended up at McDonalds for some gourmet's delight (fries and burgers). Finally got to meet Daz and AcceldZ I beat on them for an hour about heads and cams. Pretty rare to have that much sbc knowledge at one table eh ? Learned a few whats and nots...

Sorry to hear about the drunk biatch but wish I would have caught up with Mr. Jordan and company. It was just that kinda day for me.

What say about Sparta in two Saturdays you can surprise me with your '305' hahahahaha ?

adious,
RP.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:23 PM
Daz
Supreme Member

Car: 87 Camaro
Engine: Chevy V8
Transmission: auto
what knowledge??

It was the nuggets talking...

Good to meet you,I enjoyed talking about that..I hope I wasnt too opinionated..

Daz
Old 09-23-2002, 08:47 AM
Supreme Member

Re: what knowledge??

Originally posted by Daz
It was the nuggets talking...

Good to meet you,I enjoyed talking about that..I hope I wasnt too opinionated..

Daz
No worries mate. By the way know anyone who does custom grinds on cams ?

adious,
RP.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:34 AM
Daz
Supreme Member

Car: 87 Camaro
Engine: Chevy V8
Transmission: auto
I know a couple but wouldnt recommend them..two cams might have the same "specs" but different grind..I rather spend $500 on a cam than $500 on an intake..IMO..I dont trust used cams either..

Daz