Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Ganging up on Rice Boy

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '86 TransAm WS6
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: Custom TH700R4
Ganging up on Rice Boy

Went out Saturday night with the Coastal V6 club. Very cool guys and girls there. We were cruising the bottom end of the strip at Virginia Beach, when Rice-Boy in his Supra-winged Eclipse throws a rev at me. We were at the end of the road where it widens to two lanes to go around this loop and head back up the strip. I let him pull ahead of me in the left lane, and I drop out of line, downshift and jump on him. He tried to run, but the three 4thGens in the outside lane were with me. I was pushing hard on his rear bumper, when I saw his car get loose and do a little tank-slapper. We all brake-checked on that, but didn't let up on him. When we got around to the next light, I stayed behind him, and our bad, black, blown 3800 got next to him. When the light turned green, he didn't even let off the brakes. I guess we scared him.
Later on, we practiced driving in formation going back to where we took this pic. Imagine this lineup, in 3-wide V-formation, coming up on you at 80 mph:

Oh, yeah, that white car? It's a 14 sec. Mitsubishi Starion. One of those Japanese cars that's too weird to be Rice. (He used to own a Daytona 500 edition T/A, so he's cool)
Attached Thumbnails Ganging up on Rice Boy-p4060004.jpg  
Old 04-08-2002, 03:46 PM

Car: 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham 2dr Coupe
Engine: 403 Olds v8, bored .030 over
Transmission: 350 T.H. 3A, shift kit
A Starion?

Those were supposed to pull 8.1/16.? in 83. That's good for being a four cylinder. Let's face it, most other four cylinders were pulling 18s at best, others in the 20s. Some took that long to 60.
Old 04-08-2002, 04:02 PM

Car: 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham 2dr Coupe
Engine: 403 Olds v8, bored .030 over
Transmission: 350 T.H. 3A, shift kit
oh speaking of "ganging up"...

My brother and I have a thing we do on the highway to dangerous or irritating drivers. It can be played with just one car, using another safe driver as a pawn. It's called "boxing".
Let's use the situation that happened a few days ago. Big 4 lane highway in between cities, grass median, not much traffic. I was in the topaz and my brother in his 90 ciera. When what should be seen flying around cars behind us but a white Saturn. My brother, who was behind me, in my lane, moved to the outside and paced me. Then we did exactly the speed limit. The Saturn was boxed. A little variation of this involves each "boxer" to take turns speeding up, so that the jerk thinks he can pass and moves over behind you. You then slow back down before your rear fender leaves the front of the other boxer. The other speeds up, jerk moves over, slow down, and so on.
This is a great legal way of having some fun and stopping some rich, cell phone wearing, reckless driver from driving as fast. You may stress them out so much that they'll take a detour or at least hang up their phone.
Do not play this with or against semis.
I would love to have seen what you and your friends did. Hell, I'd love to see any racing at this point...I think I'm going through withdrawal.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 2006 Corvette
Engine: LS2
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42s
very cool lineup. wish the domestic cars chilled like that here. its pretty much every domestic for himself. i have to hang with the imports most of the time unless i feel like driving solo.