Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Porsche 911 pulls a ***** move

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 11:20 PM
Nic
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1993 Ford Mustang
Engine: 5.0L
Transmission: T5
Porsche 911 pulls a ***** move

Friday night I was stuck with nothing to do, so I decided to make the trek out to the video store in the coupe. Towards the end of Beach Rd. I ran up on a newer Porsche 911, no way could I play with him through the curves so I just wait my turn. Finally, once we get out to Ironbridge I'm able to pull beside him at 45 mph. So I'm cruising along in drive right beside him, damn I love the 911's, they're so beautiful and sound so sweet. I tap the gas a few times to try and get him to bite, but he doesn't bite. We drive side by side a little further, I'm still trying to get him to jump and I finally give up. Finally, I let off the throttle and drop it into OD and slow down so I can take a look at his car from behind but what does he do as soon as I slow down? He drops a few gears and takes off! By the time I could have downshifted and got on it he would have been too far ahead of me to catch him (possibly?) at a reasonable speed so I didn't bother. I'd given him every reasonable chance in the world to race when we were side by side, but he pulls a stunt like that...
Old 12-31-2001, 09:20 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1999 Chevy Cavalier
Engine: 2.2
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: it's part of the transmission
it's not the car,.....it's the driver!!

I wouldn't even bother racing my stock 5.0 h.o. '84 T/A if I was simply comparing the the tech specs to the cars I was racing. sounds like you were set up for a good race too,nice windy road.....he he he....gets my adreneline flowing just thinking about it!! I could give a crap about how much $$$ your car cost...if you're not capable of bringing that car to it's full potential....your gonna get passed by a beat-up ol' brown Trans Am...and wonder what the hell went wrong. I started having lots more fun when I upgraded to 16x8" rims and did the whole suspension all aftermarket and dropped 1.5" after that. I owned a 3000GT briefly,that was fun,especially keeping up with V8 cars and tottaly anilating fellow V6ers!! you should be able to compete with a 911,especially that guy because he's too soft to race fair,he thought he needed the head start advantage so you know he's not a good driver! my friend has a '96 4.6L GT conv. w/17x9" rims and Eibach's pro-kit,it sticks to the ground very well!!a little scary with no roll cage in a ragtop though... ,he put the Ford motorsport springs on his '86 GT too,also very good around turns!remember......the stock specs are with pro drivers behind the wheel. thats why it's so fun to race!! you can smoke a $50k vette with a novice driver and laugh at the guy because he can't figure out why he's getting beat by an old raggity muscle car!
Old 12-31-2001, 10:10 AM

That's pretty weak on his part. What part of Richmond are you in? Maybe we can get together and run [Haven't ran against any 5.0's recently] I'm in the west end and know some good spots to drag.
Old 12-31-2001, 10:11 AM
Nic
Supreme Member

Man I really hear you on the handling issue. Right now I've got a drag suspension (which is why I knew there was no way I could play with him around the curves), but I really want to start making the car better all around...like the ultimate streetcar in a sense.
Old 12-31-2001, 10:14 AM
Nic
Supreme Member

I'm over in the southside by Pocahantas State Park. Where do you hang out at in the West End? Our club cruised over to some parking lot right down the street from Mulligans on broad a few weeks ago that was packed with ricers.
Old 12-31-2001, 11:10 AM

I'm sort of wary of racing down Broad street, seems to be a popular police hang-out. I usually just cruise around the short pump area looking for suckers. Not too keen on that now though since the police seem to have caught on to stuff like that in the area.
Old 12-31-2001, 12:07 PM

Damn ricers.......... they are all the same !!!
Old 12-31-2001, 03:07 PM
Nic
Supreme Member

I used to do a lot of cruising down Jeff Davis, but it's gotten to be a little too trailer park for my tastes over the last 2 years. I've found a couple decent spots over by a friend's house in mechanicsville that a lot of guys from 1/4 Mile Style frequent. That'll probably be our main hang out for finding some street races next year. A couple of us are going to go cruising down towards short pump next friday night. If I can find out where at I'll let you know.
Old 01-01-2002, 11:11 AM

Sounds good. Though I may be back in school then [southern VA] but I might not, that's probably something I should figure out soon.
Old 01-01-2002, 01:25 PM
Nic
Supreme Member

Ha! Yea, know what you mean. I still don't know when we start back at VCU either.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:19 PM
TGO Supporter

Car: '02 Rodeo
Engine: 3.2 V6 DOHC
Transmission: 5spd
Axle/Gears: 4.30 Dana 44 Rear 10 bolt front
Originally posted by 1fastIROC
Damn ricers.......... they are all the same !!!
thats not true, especially if you are generalizing and saying that anyone who drives a modded import is a *****. i drive an import, does that make me a *****? this might be different in other areas, but where i live, i see more ghetto "*****" stuff on american compacts, than on imports
well, anyways, not to stir up an arguement...
that was kind of a shady move on the porsche's part, considering that nic gave him opps to race.
Old 01-02-2002, 02:49 PM
Nic
Supreme Member

Rice is more of an attitude than what you drive. There's Mustang ricers, F-body ricers, import ricers, domestic ricers...you name it, there's a ***** somewhere driving one. Just remember...you can take the ***** out the rice, but you can never take the rice out the *****! err...or something like that