Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Shame...Today i was eat by a Mustang v6

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1982 Z28 T-Top Camaro
Engine: Vortec 355
Transmission: T-5 5Speed Manual
Axle/Gears: Stock Limited Slip
Shame...Today i was eat by a Mustang v6

Today and buddy and i were crusing down interstate headed home when a silver 2011 Mustang got on my butt, then beside me and proceded to honk the 3 horns. Hurrr we go... with my excuses lol

The driver honked the third time and floored it. first mistake of mine is i was in 5th, then down shifted to third after third honk. It kinda happend fast. my second mistake was having windows down n ttops off. already at 80mph cruzin and then a race to over 120.. lots of wind vaccum. thirdly i have a buddy, full tank of gas and a sound system. but wieght dont mean too much when the mustang weighs 400lbs more than my car stock.

the mustang pulled away from me but i gradually n slowly started to catch buck up, was just about beside the stangs tail lights when, the driver of the stang hit the brakes, when the tires hit the vibrating alert bumps other side of white line. at 125mph it kinda pulls ur car and the driver nearly messed up.

we hit a side road later on, at a red light, driver rolls down the window and to make things the worse... turns out the driver is a really FINE female... my loud aggressive hard work third gen beast mode camaro got wipped by a new v6 auto stang with a girl driving. lol turns out i sum wat know her personally too.

We take off dead stop at the red light. I could not for the life of me get around her! but i stayed right beside her never slacked off.

now im sure after the lil story most of u are wondering... wtf is ur question. Here goes:

IDK a dam thang about mustangs especially v6 autos. What are the specs on them? HP, 0-60, Quater mile? She said her v6 stang was all stock except exhaust and programer chip. im sure motor is all aluminum. mines all iron cept intake lol I know my car weighs around 3000 and the new stangs are around 3400.

another question. wat can i do to my car to give a lil edge. I know my car at idle has a lil sputter sumtimes. think plugs are getting old. but anybody know wat a good hotter burning spart plug for vortec heads? if i do end up raceing her again, which im sure i will cuz shes just crazy like that, i wana be able to pull away lol n not get showed up by a richy lil daddys girl, that just so happens to be hot.

Any slight mods i may could do, change or add?: ive got a vortec 355 with mild cam. 600 carb. msd distributor, msd wires bosce4 plugs, no clutch fan its electric, 2inch carb spacer... i thank i may have already done the lil things but jsut in case i havent is why i ask.

Also how can i tell wat kind of rear end is in my car? Its not stock, it has drum breaks, car came factory with disc back breaks because the ebrake will not hook up to the drums. shop says its wrong set up, that the rear end isnt factory. I know its limited slip hehe. but i cant get my car to even do a 360 donut. I turn hard left and gas it, the driver rear tire just wont spin. it will spin a lil but not enuff to sling the rear end around to do donuts. it will do it if its wet though. i was told by the last owner's brother (last owner died) that a suburban rear end was put in my car because its heavier than a third gens stock rear end. he wanted weight added to the back.... Do they inter change?

My car is supposed to have around 350hp (motor). it was taken to a small tune shop last year and dyno showed 327rwhp. but it had a WC t5 and a 750 carb then. the WC t5 went out and now i have a NWC t5 and the 750 carb had to be replaced. i went 600 for slightly better milage.

Im wondering if my distributor has come loose a bit and may be off time. its happened before. its a new distirbutor brace and bolt but it dont seem to fit snugg around the distributor. but i was told they are all that way unless custom made. but it still runs the same. but maybe i cant tell? it does have a lil spit at idle. but i figure its just them 4prong plugs burning up too quickly, getting old. also im thinking maybe add another 700 or 750 carb? roller rockers on vortec heads? maybe different rear end with wider tires? maybe next time race with windows up, ttops on, sound system out and no passengers? lol if yall only knew how this girl around here is rubbin it in that her new toy lil v6 stang spanked my personal pride n joy that i built thro hard work, n she goes n just pays cash for a new sumthing.

idk wat size v6 is in them new stangs, or how they are built or how much power just a chip can add to them. but i know in my mind my car should of walked away from her just fine. but nope. lol shame

Last edited by Lumarus; 02-21-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:15 AM

Car: 84 trans am
Engine: 350 bored .020 over
Transmission: TH350 w/ stage 2 B&M shift kit
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt/3.27
Re: Shame...Today i was eat by a Mustang v6

---Mod please delete this double post I replied to--
Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 AM

Car: 1988 Firbird formula 350
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Nine Bolt

Here you go:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take-road-test

0-60MPH in 5.4sec, 14.00sec 1/4 mile. This is for one with a 6 speed manual, the auto version may be a little faster 0-60. I think that engine was developed for the Taurus SHO a few years back, which, believe it or not was a pretty fast car.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0 TBI L03 V8
Transmission: Rebuilt 700R4 W/ Corvette shift kit
Axle/Gears: 2:73 open

Magazines report 305-308hp, 0-60 in the late 5 second range, and quarter mile times in the 14s. These new V6 cars are actually pretty quick. I've heard of guys in 05-10 Stang GTs loosing to them (not often, old GTs are a little faster, but it does happen).

But to be honest, you shouldn't have lost. T-Tops down hurts, but the extra weight with a buddy in the car and a full tank of gas def. hurt. You need to swap to some new rear end gears. 3:42s would be best. 3.23s are good too though. 3:73 is a little high. Your car should def be in the low 13s, mid to high twelves if you got wide sticky tires.

OH. Chip and exhaust too on the strang? Dang. I'd say closer to 350hp (plus I beleive ford under rates their engines). No way to really know though. But she'd probably be in the mid to low 13s.

Last edited by SKELITOR117; 02-21-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1988 Camaro
Engine: 377
Transmission: TH350; Circle D 4200 converter
Axle/Gears: Ford 9"

It's a very large V6, and while they're not "fast" they're certainly no pug for what they are. If you're making as much power as you say your car dyno'd you should have spanked it. My guess is:

1. your gearing is probably not very good. I'd look into that to see what you're at.
2. your carb is set up incorrectly. That and a 2 inch spacer with a 600 carb seems a little odd to me, but that's just me (and what KIND of carb is it)?
3. could be ignition related; you should check your timing, plugs, etc. Are your plugs fouled or anything like that?
4. Something/multiple other things going on that we can't say without looking at how your car runs. There's too many unknowns, but I'd say it has something to do with that "sputter" you're talking about if your dyno numbers are true.

I'd say it's your carb since you said you definitely changed it.. but that's just guessing.