Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Mustang owner - I come in peace

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2001 | 05:07 PM
Nic
Supreme Member

Car: 1993 Ford Mustang
Engine: 5.0L
Transmission: T5
Mustang owner - I come in peace

Hi everybody, I don't want to come over here and ruffle any feathers or anything like that. I just want to check out some domestic muscle and see if I can find some answers to some questions. I go to a lot of non Mustang message forums and it seems that in every kill section, the Mustang is one of the biggest enemies. Can anyone offer any explanations? I hope some of you can offer some rational explanations and I also hope you'll share a little about your cars with me. If you're interested in checking out my car, you can see it in the link to my personal website in my sig. Thanks, I hope I'm not making anyone angry by being here and I hope we can learn a little from eachother.

------------------
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
13.34@106.7 - needs more gear and converter

1992 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible
14.23 @ 95.something - it's been a while since I've ran this one

Moderator Stangtec.com, SN95.com
Amelia and Nic's Twin Terrors
Old 09-29-2001 | 05:16 PM
mss

welcome man, i think everyone here is ready to give you a warm welcome , especially with the recent craze of imports , i dont wanna speak for anyone else , but im pretty sure noone here looks down on stangs , its the owner that makes the car really , and every kind of car can be badly represented . i cant answer why mustangs are usually the targets in the kill sections , probably just because there are so many of them out there , i dont know though .
Old 09-29-2001 | 06:17 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 88 IROC-Z
Engine: L98
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.45
why do we pick on mustangs??? cause they are turd thats like asking why do cats and dogs hate each other.

seriously, cause the rustang is the enemy of the camaro. thats the way it is, always has been, always will be. its competition. you got to remember a few years ago rice didnt exist. Its always been Ford vs. GM and sometimes VS. mopar when they can actually get up enough ***** to offer a RWD v-8. And besides, rice doesnt offer a challenege to most of us. personally i hate mustangs, but thats just me. im not gona rag on somebody just cause they drive a ford, im gona rag on the car
Old 09-29-2001 | 06:33 PM

i guess the reason why i hate mustangs are because i dont really like the body style of them especially during the mid 80's, look like hondas without the rear wing and the people i have meet that drive them think that they are the coolest, fastest cars just because they drive a mustang but other than that i have nothin agains mustangs in general i guess i have been just influenced my the retards that drive mustangs that are around me, (not all but some). i am really kinda pissed now thought that mustangs are still going and fbody has died but mustangs have beet fbodys on sales though. i say now that there are too many hondas and they might not be any compition right now there a commen so we need to join to gether and join forces and defet rice all to gether, we are all rear wheel drive V8 (at least most of us) and i belive that we can make out our differeces for the right all good cars lol welcome aboard on third gen
Old 09-29-2001 | 07:03 PM
Supreme Member

that chick on your web page is hot as ****
Old 09-29-2001 | 07:32 PM

lol i just saw the topic under this, lol mustang driver aka idot well that was true about how mustang has always been a direct compitition agianst camaro like in the 60s when they made all of these specail cars just to beat one another, lol but almost all the time the camaro would win but its going to be hard all of the sudden to stop hating mustangs
Old 09-29-2001 | 08:01 PM

Welcome to the board.

------------------
82 firebird with 305H.O.,Block bored .30 over,Keith black hyperutectic flat top pistons for 10 to 1 compression,Turned crank,Magnafluxed connecting rods,Melling H.V. oil pump,and double roller timeing chain,Ported and shaved heads w/3angle valve job,Z-28springs,Summit push rods and comp cams magnum roller rockers,Ported Edelbrock performer r.p.m.intake,Carter 625 afbcarb,Accell spark plugs,wires,and H.E.I.super coil,Heavy duty cap and rotor,Clevite performance cam with 450-460 inches of lift,Comp cams lifters,700r-4 tranny rebuilt with trans-go rebuild kit,corvette servo,New torQue converter,Flowtech headers,Flowmaster muffler,3.73limited slip rear end,Energy suspension bushings from front to rear,Energy suspension tranny mount,New center link,ball joints,trans-am steering box,ASP power pully,Boxed L.C.A.'s.
Old 09-29-2001 | 09:01 PM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 5.7L
I would have to say it's because third gen Camaros had the reputation of having their butt handed to them by the EFI 5.0 Fox bodies. Most late 80's - early 90's magazine comparisons gave the nod to the Mustangs, as well. I think that's one of the reasons we love to post Mustang kills, especially 5.0's.
Mustangs are without a doubt, my favorite car to race. Win or lose!!!
Old 09-29-2001 | 11:43 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: Vortec 355
Transmission: TH-700R4
Axle/Gears: GM Axles and GM 3.73
well i like the way of some of the early ones,late 80's early 90's GT's, and the brand new ones look.....but all the others arent soo good looking

------------------
84TA T-tops L-69 305HO TH-700R4 stock 190hp and 240 ft-lbs.
new best E.T. (dont laugh) 15.986 @84.93mph
old best E.T 15.997@86.04
http://www.geocities.com/K_towngangsta

Mods-

K&N Air filter
Old 09-30-2001 | 01:04 AM
Supreme Member

Hey welcome to the board. Be careful though, don't let the couple of rude guys that show up every now n then give you a bad impression.

I think the reasons mustangs are such a prize in a race is that they are not only the most direct competition to our cars, but often times faster stock for stock. If you can beat one, you've either got some nice factory options or have made some mods that worked, if you factor out driver ability. I've personally got nothing against mustangs, i've got freinds with them and have almost bought a few different ones. I think there are just as many stupididiot trash talkin camaro owners as mustang owners, at least in my area. Anyway, I'll stop rambling now.

------------------
88 Camaro (The mighty LO3 SC!)
305TBI/700R4/2.73/123,XXX miles
14" Open Element and Flowmaster 80 seires

Next up: headers and gears
Old 09-30-2001 | 01:56 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2005 BMW 545i
Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating
I almost bought a mustang once but then picked up my rx7. reason why I find fun in the mustangs is that a lot of the owners seem to think there car is the best thing around... can beat anything on the road... stuf like that. but then again I see that with the camaros also. again this is not against all camaro/mustang esp the v8 owners ( though granted I can't keep up with most unless it is stock...yet ) again this is not all but a lot of the ones I have run into. there are a lot of cool people out there though that own both cars as there is with people who own honda's.

to sum all this up I guess it is that there are a lot of ****y owners out there that give there car a bad name and that is why I think ppl go after them. find them for just about anything on the road. well maybe not a metro or a festiva but you get the point..

anyway welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it
ask any question you like most the people you find here are cool and very helpfull with any questions you have to ask.

------------------
ICQ 4116192
AIM RXspeed87
Got rotary?
hon-duhs breakfast of champs
gotta love the camaro
Old 09-30-2001 | 08:06 AM

Well, for me it has to do with the Sh!tty attitude I get from most Mustang owners - if I get beat or not.

Case & point: I was out on the main drag in town when I came across what looked like a Saleen. The guy knodded for the go ahead, we raced to about 65 MPH. He pulled on me by barely a car lenght with his 5 speed. I asked what gears he was running, told me 3.73s. I told him my ROC only had 2.77s in exchange for him telling me what he had. The first thing out of his mouth was "You got beat". As if I did'nt know. He said it like I would not have beaten him even if I had 3.73 gears too. Oh well, I guess when I do get the 3.42s, I'll have to see how he responds to me putting 3 car lenghts on him.

I do have a few Mustangs owner friends that don't talk sh*t even though there car is faster than mine. Just don't be a d*ck when you win. Just understand that whether its a Camaro or a Mustang, there is always someone out there with a car thats faster than yours -whether its running 9s or not.
my .02 worth

------------------
89 IROC-Z 5.7L 2.77 GEARS
130,000 MILES
ALL FREE MODS
K&Ns FILTERS
FLOWMASTER MUFFLER
PERFORMANCE RESOURCE CHIP
AFPR & PORTED PLENUM
Best 1/4 E.T. 14.09 @ 97.2 MPH
Best 1/8 E.T. 9.09 @ 77.4 MPH
Best 60ft. 2.03

[This message has been edited by whiteroc (edited September 30, 2001).]
Old 09-30-2001 | 09:22 AM
Nic
Supreme Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I agree with you on the general attitude of a lot of your Mustang guys, but I think the same goes for just about any car. What bugs me the most is how most of the Mustang guys I run into on the streets want to put a set of Flowmasters on their car and think it's a racecar. To me, that's just as ***** as the tacky ground effects and fart pipes you see on all these imports running around.

I'm off to the track now, have a nice day, happy hunting, and feel free to visit us at Stangtec.com anytime you'd like. I'll be back over here

------------------

Old 09-30-2001 | 10:27 AM
SSC
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 C4
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 307
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nic:
What bugs me the most is how most of the Mustang guys I run into on the streets want to put a set of Flowmasters on their car and think it's a racecar. To me, that's just as ***** as the tacky ground effects and fart pipes you see on all these imports running around.
</font>
Very true! If you dont have the ballz to back up the rumble dont bother.
The thing is what most of the guys above me said. "Mustang owners think thier better people who have better cars." This is true in most cases. I have respect for the 302 its a neat engine, I love the fact that you can drop in an HO cam "351w cam" and change the firing order and the sound of the car is sweet. But when it comes to racing its just plain old chevy vrs fNord. Good old competition, plain and simple .
SSC

------------------
85 Camaro, 355/400 "drag car" in moth ***** 13.1@ 101mph on its last season run.
Plans: Possibly add N20 for next season.
82 Firebird, 305/350 currently moth balled.
Current plans: Rebuild 305 with flat tops instead of the dished "cups" for pistons or slightly built 327 with the 58cc heads from the LG4, Upgrade the 2:73 to 3:73 or 3:42 and replace the turbo 350 with 700r4.

"Web site under construction"

G0D Bless.
Old 09-30-2001 | 11:02 AM

I dont agree with you guys. As much of an f-body enthusiast that I am...I still respect mustangs as well as certain rice rockets. You always tell everyone on this board that it is thier car...so they should do what they want with it...you are kind of contradicting yourselves when you say this...or is that saying only tru with third gens? I am 16...and most of my friends in High School own mustangs...including one of my best friends. Of course I always tease him about how much I can rip his V6 stang...but I still respect the car. Mustangs are nice cars...plus they are american muscle. I would take a third gen...or a 4th gen over a stang any day...but I am not saying I wouldnt drive a stang...or a rice burner. Some "rice" is nice. I mean they do go out of control with those fart tips and stickers...but some of those cars...such as the 300GT's, 300ZX's, and preludes are nice cars underneath all of thier stickers. It is just that they did what they wanted with thier cars...and didnt care what others thought. They did what they thought looked good to thier cars...and I respect thier opinion. I am not saying that I am going to go out and buy a stang or a rice burner...but some of you guys on this board need to respect those stangs and rice burners out there. My one friend has an '86 stang worked to the *****...and he beats up on the new vettes that are rated at 385 hp. So I do respect that stang...and know better not to race that beast. Well anyways...welcome to the board...and I do admit that your stangs are beautiful. Stangs are my favorites to race. And just to let you know I do make fun of my friend for not buying an f-body since I own one...but I do admit his stang is beautiful.
Old 09-30-2001 | 11:45 AM
Supreme Member

Where I come from (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada), the fox-bodied Mustang is sort of associated with the import. They're popular with the same age group, are just as likely to be riced out, and have "Mustang and Import Only" nights at the local drag strip.
This thread makes me remember a Fox I used to work on a lot when I worked at a lube shop. I remember seeing it the first time it pulled up, bright red with a HUGE whale tail, slammed, ground fx, wheels, etc. Popping the hood revealed the stock, base 4 banger. I remember having a good laugh at him, as I was expecting something a little more gutsy.
I don't know any F-body drivers that would rice out a car with an Iron duke.
I do have respect for the 5.0's though. I'm still losing to about half of them.

------------------
No guts, no glory.
Old 09-30-2001 | 02:07 PM

Car: 1991 Z28 - 2000 Z28
Engine: L98 - LS4
Transmission: 700R4 - 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.23's - 3.73's
I myself am a previous LX mustang owner. It ran 14.60's all stock. But, it didn't handle for s**t, and it didn't stop very well. Yes, I could have spent thousands of dollars to upgrade the brakes and suspension, but then it would have only been about equal to how good my Caamro was in stock form.

My biggest gripe is how all the crybabies w/ 5.0's whine about F-bodies having bigger motors. My old LX weighed just under 3000 lbs, my Camaro tipped the scales at over 3700 lbs. Power to weight my friends, power to weight. Compare apples to apples. The 87-92 Ford 302's were more "built" from the factory than any of out LB9's or L98's. We had smaller cams, weren't sequentially fired, and didn't have low tension oil rings or factory headers.

Not to mention, a 5 liter mustang GT, automatic, w/ 2.73's is no match for a T/A or an IROC with a 305 TPI A4 w/ the same gears.

------------------
1986 IROC, fully loaded, Mini Ram'd 383, Art Carr 700R4, Accel DFI, 12 bolt rear, etc, etc......
Old 09-30-2001 | 03:50 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '10 Subaru Forester
Engine: 2.5 Boxer
Transmission: 4EAT
Axle/Gears: 4.44
I don't really hate mustangs myself in fact, my car's best buddy is a Mustang GT. The fact is that mustangs in general were built good and bad... the engines were tuned very well, but my experience is that most of that power was wasted on poor gear ratios (2.77s) the interior doesn't hold up too well and I hate the hatchback mustangs with avengence. Other than that I have no gripes, many of the stang owners do seem to talk trash, but thats an opinion from the chevy/pontiac side. I bet we talk just as much trash as them, just that we're biased against that knowledge.

BTW Nic, what is a good mustang board? My friend with the GT has been looking for one...
Old 09-30-2001 | 05:56 PM

I have nothing against Mustangs. Very easy to get em in the 13's with minor mods. the only thing I don't like about them is the fact that everyone and their cousin has one. they're all over the place!!

------------------
1991 Firebird Formula
305 TPI,Auto,Custom 3" Mandrel bent I-pipe, Flowmaster 80 series muffler, 3" hi-flo cat,Taylor Spiro Wires,Bosch Platinum Plugs, K&N Filter, Grant GT Steering Wheel, 5% Rear tint, Pontiac Windshield Decal, Fresh paint

Check it out https://www.thirdgen.org/rides/index...ew&rideid=1074
Old 09-30-2001 | 06:01 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 93 240SX
Engine: LQ9
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.54 R200 IRS
Last I checked I dont hate em, as for someones "id drive a 3rd gen or 4th gen before one" i'll bet if you had a 4th gen you'd reconsider, i'd gladly trade the handling of my 94 for being able to fit my skinny lil arms between the engine and fenderwell, almost got a nice 91 GT, but it appeared that it had been sold so I picked up the 94, pretty soon its out the door, back to the 3rd gen , but first I have to help a friend strip his 86 GT, may it rest in one mangled piece, rolled it wednesday, cant help but think he probably wouldnt have rolled had he been in an f body, mangled the car but luckily he only got a bump on the head and a cut lip, so everyone be careful, watch for the other idiots on the road.
Old 09-30-2001 | 08:25 PM
Nic
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">BTW Nic, what is a good mustang board? My friend with the GT has been looking for one...</font>
Send him to Stangtec (link in my sig.)...I moderate both the street racing and drag racing forums there. It's a relatively small forum (324 members right now) but it's by far the friendliest atmosphere of any of the Mustang sites you'll run across.

------------------

Old 09-30-2001 | 09:24 PM
SSC
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 C4
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 307
www.superstallions.com/
This is probably the best one out there.
SSC
Old 09-30-2001 | 10:49 PM

Car: 1986 IROCZ
Engine: LB9....rebuilding coming soon
Transmission: rebuilt 700R4
I ain't got nothing against mustangs,at least I can have areal race once and awhile with a "real" car not just import junk all the time

------------------
86 IROCZ 5.0 TPI/"new" 700R4 auto with transgo shift kit and vette servo,canary yellow,t-tops,tan interior,tinted windows,taillight blackouts,front end bra,k&n air filters,no cat,full 3" racing exhaust with 40 series flowmaster and chrome tips,2:73 posi rear(soon to be 3:42 or 3:73 posi),1989 IROCZ 16*8 polished aluminum rims
Old 10-01-2001 | 01:42 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1983 Z28
Engine: 6.6L 406
Transmission: T-56
I don't hate Mustangs I just wouldn't own one. I think the F-body has more style and it handles way better. I am a camaro man anyways! I like Mustangs better than any import though!

------------------
I WOULD RATHER PUSH A CAMARO THAN DRIVE AN IMPORT

1983Z28 350w/ edelbrock performer RPM power package , dynomax shorty headers, 700R-4 with shift kit, 750cfm carb, edelbrock 3" exhaust system, 16" IROC rims and ASCD SS hood.

future mods:
completely done over suspension, black paint with flames,
T-56 almost ready to go in, TPI swap coming up

Wifes new car:

95Z28, AT, leather, T-tops bone stock for now.

future mods:
header to tailpipe replacement and a cold air intake. Then I am just going to leave it alone
Old 10-01-2001 | 11:01 AM
Supreme Member

Anything born in the usa is good with me. I think its kind of like a friendly Bears Vs. Packers kind of thing (Im from chicago). Everyone has their favorite "team", ford or GM. I think someone above hit a good point when they said the mustangs are faster stock (at least in the mid 80's). That is probably why it feels so good to us to see ya in the rearview.
Welcome to the board. Hope you dont get a bad impression by some of the rude members of this board.
peace
Old 10-01-2001 | 12:13 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
As long as it isn't an import I don't care. My first car was a Mustang. It was a 4 banger at first, but then my Dad rebuilt a 302 wth over 300hp. But of course being 16 I got careless and totaled it. I like the looks of 3rd gens better, and even though my Mustang looked like crap, it was fast and I would trade my car right now for it back.

------------------
"Rice burners are like tampons...Every pu$$y has to have one"
'86 IROC
T-TOPS, TINTED WINDOWS, BRAKE LIGHT BLACKOUTS
GM GOODWRENCH 350
EDELBROCK TES HEADERS
3" Hooker CatBack w/Aero Chamber muffler
EDELBROCK 600CFM CARB.
KN AIRFILTER
ACCEL HEI DISTRIBUTOR
160* Stat
3:73 Posi
Rebuilt 700R4
B&M Megashifter, 5" Autometer Tach w/shift lite
Old 10-01-2001 | 12:48 PM
Supreme Member

I respect Mustangs. The Fox bodies can be made way fast without much effort, and the first gen mustangs are really cool also. I don't really care for the newer ones. Around here, there are a LOT more mustang guys than f-body guys and most of them are pretty cool. I just really don't like the cars. I feel like they are about to fall apart on me. i don't like the way they look either. My friend has a cherry 89 5.0 convertable, but I hate riding in it. Also, I mainly do autocrossing and the thirdgen f-body has a pretty good advantage there stock than a mustang.
Old 10-01-2001 | 02:22 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '10 Subaru Forester
Engine: 2.5 Boxer
Transmission: 4EAT
Axle/Gears: 4.44
I guess mustangs are a little high for me (3 inches) and it just feels less safe at high cornering speeds, although I'm sure it's just about as good as the bird... I am really sensitive to the height of my cars, of the 4 cars I have bonded with (owned 3, drove 1 as if it was my own), only one was over 50 inches in height... I guess it's hard to explain, but driving a honda civic is like driving a bus to me.

------------------
1984 Firebird - Daily driver, 305 LG4, T5 - Hurst short shifter, Edelbrock 600 CFM Performer Carb + Intake - Edelbrock Pro-Flow air filter, gutted cat, IROC 16x8 Wheels, AIWA bargain basement (from Sears of course) CD player, Eight-ball shift ****
Check out my ride here - My $1300 Toy

"IT'S SNOWING! TO THE HIGH SCHOOL PARKING LOT!" - The Mustang and Firebird face off in the dead of winter.
Old 10-01-2001 | 03:40 PM

I too am a Mustang 5.0 owner, but I also like the late model F-bodies. The truth is I like any V8 American muscle car. I'm posting here for three reasons. One is because I'm sick of these kids with rice burners talking garbage to Mustang and Camaro owners. Two is because my cousin has a 1984 Firebird that he is swaping in a 305, and he doesn't currently have a computer. Three is because I like the Styling, Power, and Performance of the F-bodies. I may get looked at as another Mustang owner who thinks they are the greatest, but I know that the F-bodies deserve just as much respect as the Mustangs.
Old 10-01-2001 | 06:40 PM

I dont have a problem with mustangs..actually two of my friends have mustangs (66 and 88 GT) I think most people rag on them because there fords. I personal hate ricers more then mustangs. just my two cents

------------------
1988 Sport Coupe 305 TBI
K&N
Flowmaster 80

Daily driver:
1988 K1500 5.7 4x4 shortbed flowmaster cat-back gutted cat.
AOL: RyanNH84
Old 10-01-2001 | 07:04 PM

89mustang well said, i hate rice
Old 10-01-2001 | 11:59 PM

ok here are some reasons i dislike mustangs, #1 everybody has one, and there are tons on the road, and i second the thing about the attitudes of the drivers, but that comes with any kund of car really,
#2 the size of the 5.0 aftermarket just angers me, and i feel left out with the lack of stuff for thirdgens, it also makes me feel better to build a car like that cause its kinda like the whole underdog thing, and it forces me to be more innovative than just buying stuff out of a catalog.

now i will add that one of my best buds has an 89 stang GT with a 347 stroker and all kind of other goodies and i have put just as much blood sweat and tears into that car as my own, and hes never hesitated to turn a wrench on mine for that matter.well it was a 2 year project and it is finally done, and we were on the highway the other day goin about 80 mph side by side and the whole scene, was like a magazine ad, i was waitin for an american flag to pop up in the background and fireworks n ****,

so all im sayin is that i dont really care for mustangs, but as long as its not some riced out four cylinder with a wing and all that crap, any fast car is ok with me....

------------------
87 IROC-z 305 TPI
Borg Warner T-5 fresh rebuild
10-bolt 3.73 Richmond gears rebuilt GM posi,
Ported Plenum and Runners Homemade AFPR
ACCEL 8.8 wires, High output coil,and cap & rotor
Bosch platinum + 4 plugs
Ram Air w/ K&N filters,
MAF sensor screens removed, TB coolant bypass
Polyurethane tranny and torque arm mounts
Dynomax catback w/custom tips
K&N oil filter,Mobil 1 synth, Futura GLS Super Sport tires 265/50/15 rear and 235/60/15 front mounted on 86 monte carlo SS rims ,

400 sbc and a 6 spd in the works
Old 10-02-2001 | 01:55 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2005 BMW 545i
Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating
hey guys watch all the rice calling here

I own a mazda and proud of it :-) hence the name

still like and respect the camaro though
Old 10-02-2001 | 02:05 AM

Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: 454
Transmission: Th400
Axle/Gears: 3.73
A good mustang board is mustangworks.com. And they love to post about how they beat a camaro or firebird.
Old 10-02-2001 | 06:06 AM
Nic
Supreme Member

I like Mustangworks...my dream woman moderates there!

------------------

Old 10-02-2001 | 08:40 AM
Supreme Member

United we stand!! USA vs. the World.
All out war on imports!!
just kidding, I used to drive a mazda RX-7 too. But if I line up against one, you know its on!
peace
Old 10-02-2001 | 09:38 AM

I admit, I like pickin on mustangs, and take their money!
But there's nothing wrong with the cars, actually they're light and work really well.
The reason people hate them is because they're easy to make run good. (makes them jealous)
You can get one to go 12s pretty easy, with just some bolt-ons.
The other thing is the people that own them, alot of times its some punky kid that cant even
change the oil or plugs, and his mommy got him a new 5.0, and paid for some bolt-ons for it.
So he think he's all that!
And then what happens - he blows my stock 305 away at the stop light, which adds to his
attitude and ticks my off. (wishing I was in my 67 right about now!)
So the kid has a cool, good running car, which he knows nothing about and didnt pay for, and
is going around with it spankin people who build their own car and who cant afford to dump
20K+ into them.
I guess anyone in that situation would hate it.
But dont get me wrong, I dont hate any kind of car, as long as it runs good (ricers excluded)
I respect it. I'd love to see more "Muscle Car" show, instead of the Fun Ford or Super Chevy Show!
I like the big 3, and would love to come out and see all different kinds of muscle cars run at the
track.
One of my buddys has a 5.0 - it runs 12.13@113.5 with just ported GT-40 "P" heads and "F" cam!
Hoping to go 11.90s this friday with the cooler weather. He's also a knowledgeable and nice guy,
and does all his own work. He is doing the finishing port work on my TFS 215R heads for my 383.
I also know a guy with a 12sec. Mustang that runs 10.60s on gas.
Another buddy has a 70 Chevelle with a 454 that runs 11.50@115, he also has a race car that went
10.20 first time out.
And another long time friend has a 69 Camaro, mild 454 and runs 12.20s
Another friend has a Viper and a Cobra kit car with a 454! A real nice guy.

To me its just who owns the car, if their cool - them thats fine.
But if their a smarta$$ I dont care what they drive!
I know some cool guys who have Mustangs, and have met some ****** who have Camaros!
We always tease my 5.0 buddy about putting a chevy motor in it to break into the 11s
Just my explanation/view on it.

------------------
91 B4C 305 TPI - SOON TO BE 383
TREMEC 5-SP, STOCK 1-BOLT REAREAND w/342 GEARS, K&N, AIRFOIL
EDELBROCK HEADERS, DUAL CAT TO HOMEMADE Y-PIPE & 3.5" SINGLE PIPE W/ FLOWMASTER, CRANK PULLEY, MSD, FUEL PRESS REG, COWL HOOD, WELD WHEELS
14.1@ 98MPH
-------------
OTHER RIDE
67 CAMARO - STREET CAR, BIG BLOCK, PUMP GAS
350TH w/ATI 10", 12-BOLT w/373 GEARS
10.47@129 1.55 60FT. ON MOTOR - ET-STREETs w/MUFFLERS
Old 10-02-2001 | 11:09 AM

I agree with RW91b4c that it seems like the majority of 5.0 owners are punk kids and the only thing they know about their cars is what they read. I haven't cared much for mustangs since they switched to the boxy design sometime in the 70's and carried on through the early 90's. When they remodeled again, I think it was 94 or 95, I still didn't like them because they looked like they were thrown together half***. The newest ones look much better but I would still rather have a Z or TA. Dont get me wrong, I respect what they are capable of, I just wouldnt want one unless in was a 60's or early 70's model. Ricers are for guys with more money than brains. No matter how much money you through at a Civic they will always be ugly.
Old 10-02-2001 | 07:10 PM

i disagree about how there are mustanges every where i dont know if it is here and every where i go but there is like 2 times a least 3 gen camaros then the older mustangs and most of the camaros are peices. but there are not a lot of firebirds around here though
Old 10-02-2001 | 07:29 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60e
Around here, there's a mustang at every stoplight. You might see a 3rd gen camaro every half - full hour cruising down the highway at 70...but its rare. New Camaros are plentiful *not like the mustangs* and the occasional firebird (I've seen 2 ramairs in person...thats it) But the 3rd gen firebird is another story. I've seen 2 GTAs besides mine around here. One ended up at an exhaust shop next to mine (wow!! what a coincidence) and another went flying by us on a school trip sporting "Got Nitrous" on the back glass as it ripped up a Mustang. Overall, the mustang is the most common vehicle on the road around here (the late models) besides the GM truck.
Old 10-03-2001 | 03:16 AM

I think the rivalry is healthy,i have modded my car because i have been beat by 5.0s before,now i beat them and they do some mods,its competition,my favorite races are with mustangs,mustang vs. camaro is the most intense/longest car rivalry,is there one that is more competitive?,now me and the mustang guys look to beat rice that a punk threw a couple grand in too and thinks is a racecar.I would buy a mustang if there was no f-body but my iroc stock for stock handles better and just plain looks better in my eyes,i am over 6 ft. tall so the mustang is just too confined,the iroc feels safer and its easier to get laid in,the mustang is just too tight of an area for me, LOL.

------------------
1986 IROC,paint code 51, Hypertech Stage 2 chip, 160 thermostat,free mods,hi-flow cat, Flowmaster,2500 stall tc,shift kit,2 inch Moog drop,airoil and k&ns, lots more soon to come.
www.rearman.com/camarokid.htm

[This message has been edited by Camaro Kid (edited October 03, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Camaro Kid (edited October 03, 2001).]
Old 10-06-2001 | 02:29 AM

truthfully...we go after mustangs...and they go after us because both are worthy opponents to the other. i am not in any way pro mustang, but i respect them if they respect me, they are...one of the few remaining muscle cars. as said so early in this topic...the driver makes the car. i agree. some mustangs come at you sideways...and you want to rip them...but every now and then, you get a person driving a stang who gives a respectful nod which is followed by driving away or a "playful" race. respect is key. many mustang drivers hate other mustang drivers due to the way they act, and believe it or not...some camaro drivers are on the top of my s**t list because they act like jerks. one bad apple spoils the bunch. unfortunately, mustangs tend to house bad apples, so we dislike them...and we are still sore that they call their 4.9 a 5.0!! LOL.
Old 10-06-2001 | 10:56 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: 700R4 3500 stall, TransGo shift kit
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 4.11:1
I think we pick on them and they pick on us because its a long lived rivalry between Chevy and Ford. I don't look down on Mustang owners unless they have an attitude. An example, my little brother met this kid with a black 90 Mustang and told him that I had a 92 Camaro. The kids response: "Tell him he can go **** himself". That would be a Mustang owner I look down on. He also has clear taillights, so I guess a ***** attitude would be expected.

Anyway, welcome to the boards.

------------------
1992 Camaro RS
5.0L TBI
Custom white-faced gauges
K&N Airfilter and ready to take on the world!
My 1992 RS

Down with bin Laden