Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Post your "Holy ***T" moments lol

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42
Post your "Holy ***T" moments lol

Well its not racing or theoretical but can be funny or scary from trying to race or trying to have some fun in our machines.We have all had some moment in time where ya just gotta let'er rip or she rips out from under you and the phrase "holy s**t" comes out as the heart rate skips a few beats.Lets hear em.

I think my worst and scariest moment was taking the car out too early as spring weather was around the corner but still had some snow in some areas.I was travelling on the highway late night and missed my car back then sporting a cammed 355 tpi on really crappy half tread tires.I was in the middle lane and punched it hard dropping down to third gear*smh* and hit a dip and the rear kicked out spinning tire.As i let off i was near drifting across lanes.Tapping the brakes to get her centered as I recovered back into the middle lane.I look behind me and see cars catching up to see if I was ok...I took a nice deep breathe knowing my entire front end was staring at the guard rail seconds ago.Then in the far distance I see cherries and knew that was for me and this time I gently accelerated my butt to the next exit.

Pulled into a gas station and can honestly say the last time I had the shakes was from when I first got my license and did the first figure 8.sat there for a few mins and bought a drink and made a mental note.1..these cars and snow dont get along. 2..Buy good tires in the morning.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '90 Camaro
Engine: 305 tbi
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt posi 373
Re: Post your "Holy ***T" moments lol

that made me laugh, i needed a good laugh haha. my scary moments were when i had gotten pulled over, spun my car around and was facing traffic. but you get a good laugh down the road.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

lol yup..sometimes you gotta check the shorts because just may have crapped yourself.best part is...we always jump out to make sue the car is ok before making sure we are.or to check out the cool tire marks left behind :P
Old 10-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA 5-spd TPI
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: T-5 baby
Axle/Gears: 3.45

I take my car to car shows and occasionally take it out on my lunch break if I had a stressful day at work. On one of the last nice days here in Ohio I went with a co-worker out to lunch. It was too cold for the T-tops to be off so I left them on.

We were cruising down a 35 MPH road in Ohio and it sounded like the passenger side window wasn't closed. I bumped up the power switch and it was still bad, so I told my friend that he must not of shut the door. He opened it and slammed it.

The T-top blew into the air above the car. I stopped and said to my friend..."that didn't just happen...did it..?
Yah.. it happened... I was looking at sky..

I turned around.. luckily there was no one behind me! no one was hit by a T-panel!

My friend jumped out (traffic was coming off in the distance)

No cracks, no spider-webs... not a scratch. As best as I can figure it it musta floated down and landed as it would be on the car..wow God was a lookin' out for me!

It was cleaning the car before I put it away and must not of latched them all the way... now they be locked!!!!

Last edited by IMissMy86TA; 10-04-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:31 PM

Car: 85z28(sold),91 rs, 15'Mazda3GT
Engine: 5.7L V8 350 (ZZ4)
Transmission: 700r4 rebuilt with kits+ vette serv

I got two.....
1st one is a really short "z" type road with no warnings and I was going too fast at night pitch dark, but I think I did the fast n furious because I was drifting and I could have sworn I smash the rear along the bridge concrete walls (it was only 2 lanes). Lol after that rush I parked my car and started feeling my fingers all around the car to find the damage.... No damage? I was happy but learn to not speed somewhere where I never drove through. I must be also blessed because I had to enter the other lane and no incoming traffic
2nd one is when the first time it snow+ ice for a week in texas which was this year in fact, I was driving on my way home and the highway was covered with ice also this was at night. Well basically I slid like a 360 degrees into the shoulder within feets my front bumper almost hit the start of bridge wall on the highway. To have better luck that I was completely off the highway is the fact a semi was right behind me!
I guess I must have gotten really lucky or I have the epic driving skills in my blood! lol
The lessons I have learned: Never drive on ice again, and drive slower in an unknown area!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

lol awesome stories guys.and wow id cry if i saw my ttop fly off...i wouldnt expect it to be in one piece that id have to keep driving as if it never happened.luck was on your side my friend and you got lots of it.which also remind me i need to get keys for my ttops so i can lock them.

as for sliding off the highway and near hitting the bridge or a semi hitting you into the bridge would be an eye opening experience im sure lol.

we learn alot from our cars and our driving panic skills from stuff like this!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 86White_T/A305
lol awesome stories guys.and wow id cry if i saw my ttop fly off...i wouldnt expect it to be in one piece that id have to keep driving as if it never happened.luck was on your side my friend and you got lots of it.which also remind me i need to get keys for my ttops so i can lock them.

as for sliding off the highway and near hitting the bridge or a semi hitting you into the bridge would be an eye opening experience im sure lol.

Yeah, we were all blessed
I always make sure they are locked from now on!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:31 PM

A couple years ago when I had my 94 with an m6 and an lt1, I drove to work and during the day we got the first snow of the season. So I was driving home, and I was going reaaaal slow cause that car didn't like anything but dry roads. Get on the hwy, and shift from 4th to 5th and the *** kicks out. Spun alll the way left, allll the way right, then left, then back straight. Pulled off the highway, and just sat there for 15 minutes at a 7-11. Then I drove 10mph home down backroads, put the car in the garage, and didn't take it out again till there wasn't a speck of snow on the road.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:25 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Car: 1989 Formula T-Top
Engine: 350 TPI + some bits
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Not driving, but while breaking in a rebuilt engine idling at 2200rpm at night I noticed the new paint on water pump running off after about 5 min. WTF? That paint was dry! Turns out the fuel hose was rubbed thru by the fan belt. Very fine mist of gas spraying everywhere and dissolving the paint. Guardian angel kept me from being torched that night...
Old 10-04-2011, 05:24 PM

Car: 85 Z28
Engine: 358ci Small block
Transmission: Th350
Axle/Gears: factory 3.23

mine isnt while i was driving either.but i built my 358 in a van trailer and had it all covered up andthe holes plugged. well i was looking to see what the last few things i needed were about 2 weeks before i planned on putting the motor in my z28. well time comes to break it in and it wont start. did a little bit of research about my cam cause it sounded like it was WAYY advanced. come to find out my cam is advanced 5 degrees from the factory. thankfully i had decided to build my engine to run off 87 so the valves didnt hit a piston or anything. first lucky thing. so i pull the timing cover off to retime the cam and i can see something that looks like leaves sticking out of the holes that go into the valley. start pulling some of it out really kinda p.o.ed at this point. i take the intake off to find out within that 2 weeks a mouse had crawled in the hole for the distributor and built a nest in my engine! by this time im not happy. i get everthing cleaned out spotless and put it all back together. doesnt even roll over once and fires up. sweet i think. start breaking the cam in and notice the the oil pressure gauge slowly keeps dropping. never went below 40psi so i thought it was just the oil getting hot. next thing i know my buddy is telling me to shut it off. so i shut it off and look underneath to see why he told me to kill it. the oil pan had sprung a hole. im not happy. so we pull the motor halfway out to change the pan. i pull the pan and see stuff stuck in the screen on my oil pump. it was pieces of the mouse nest! i get another pan and clean the heck outta the pump and now it holds good oil pressure and runs good. and has clean oil lol. it was like i was being watched over to no thave had something go horribly wrong lol
Old 10-04-2011, 07:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1989 Firebird Formula
Engine: 305 T.B.I. (Vin tag "E" = LO3)
Transmission: THM-700-R4
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt posi 3.23

I have a couple

I was 18 and fresh outta highschool for this one:
I was behind my buddy in his 93 danger ranger and we were trying to pull out into the two way single lane street from his subdivision. Traffic was heavy in both directions and yet there was a opening in which he made a run for it. In that split second I thought if he was going to go for it I could definetely make it with my Formula. I mashed the gas, turned left and made it into the lane I wanted to be in but in the process I must've hit some gravel because the car swung so far sideways I thought I was going to cross over into the other lane and bite it. I kept my foot to the floor and cut the wheel hard to the right and she waltzed right back into shape. After my butthole unpuckered I thought to myself, "wow these things handle real well." Afterwords my buddie came up to me and said, "I did that on purpose because I knew there was no way in hell you'd be able to make it and then I look in my mirror and all I see is the passenger side of your car, you're one crazy basturd!"

In this story I had reached my twenties but was still fearless.
As I recall I was coming home from work one day and the traffic on 696 westbound (Michiganders will pick up on that) was fairly clear. I stayed off to the right so I could merge onto southbound 275. I was in the right most lane doing about 80 and noticed I was coming up on a slower moving car in front of me and that there was also a truck pulling a trailer with lawn care equipment on it in the adjacent lane. Well the truck with the trailer was ahead of the other car and there was a gap that I was determined to get through (i hate to use my brake pedal on the expressway) so I put my foot to the floor.. As I gained momentum I weaved into the other lane to get around the car but the guy must've taken notice of me and my intentions because that gap was closing even faster but I was going to fast and was too far into it to back down. I jerked the wheel to the right and almost crapped my pants because I thought for sure I was going to smash into the trailer or clip the other guy's front end with my bumper. I wasn't out of the woods yet though because I shot to the right but started to fishtail when I tried to straighten out into my lane. I'm sure the slide looked good to the person behind me but my heart was pounding up until I got home.- what a rush though.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

gives a new meaning to rat rod doesnt it lol.glad it worked out in the end
Old 10-04-2011, 10:30 PM

Car: 85z28(sold),91 rs, 15'Mazda3GT
Engine: 5.7L V8 350 (ZZ4)
Transmission: 700r4 rebuilt with kits+ vette serv

Like button! Lol, but yeah I agree I have learn a lot from my car. I'm really digging in this thread for sure.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

I see this thread lasting for awhile with interesting stories to come.I made this thread from boredom at work lol.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:39 AM

Car: 88 Iroc Z, 00 SS
Engine: 5.7 HSR, 5.7 LS1
Transmission: 700r4, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23, 3.42

As I was coming home from a buddies house at around midnight one night I was feeling ballsy and it had been raining for a couple of hours so I said "what the hell", if I just mash down the accelerator on this turn I can have some fun, well I went for it, and realized it had swung out WAY more then I expected, and being the dumb*** I am, I let off and the car caught and swung the other way, if there hadnt been a side street there, my front end would have been demolished, I honestly about crapped my pants, definitely got my heart going pretty well

Last edited by 88 5.7 Iroc-Z; 02-06-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:57 AM

Car: 85 Z28
Engine: 358ci Small block
Transmission: Th350
Axle/Gears: factory 3.23

gives a new meaning to rat rod doesnt it lol.glad it worked out in the end

Yeah it def does lol the way my luck always seems to go it was an act of god that nothing got messed up haha
Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 89 RS 89 iroc 87 firebird
Engine: 3.1 Turbo/ 355 twin turbo
Transmission: a4 w/ 4500 stall/ a4 / t5
Axle/Gears: strange s60 /w 3:42's

i have 2 oh **** momnets

#1 built a hot 355 for a friends 86 camaro
i installed a noisy gear drive when i put the motor together
anyways get the car all buttoned up and broke in the motor with a edelbrock carb, well time comes to switch the carb out for the holley 650 my friend removed the edelbrock and then proceded to set the washers down on the carb studs.

i never saw them and droped the gasket on then the holley carb, when i couldnt find the washers i grabed new ones out of the bolt bin and bolted the carb down,

needless to say i ****ed with that god dam carb for 2 days before i got pissed and yanked it off, thats when i found the washers.

and i know ur going to say well didnt u hear the big *** leak, well rember i said i installed a gear drive it was so loud i couldnt hear the leak.

that was oh crap moment #1

#2 comes from my street racing days

im in my 87 iroc with a built motor racing a bmw 318 or 325i and a mustang 3 wide down rt9 @ 3am at around 135/140 i see a car way down the road pull out onto the highway in my lane, by the time i check my mirrors im up on him and have to cut over fast. at this point the highway goes form 3 lanes wide 2 and goes under an overpass.

when i cut over i cut over a lil to hard and started to get sideways right as im comming up under the overpass, i thought for sure the *** end was going to come all the way around and i was going to hit the concrette side of the overpass.

as u can see im still here today so i didnt hit it, i did get the car straightened back out but once i go tthe car stopped and i got out i puked

that was prolly my biggest ever oh crap moment
Old 10-06-2011, 12:28 PM

Car: 1985 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: Chevy 350
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: GM 10 Bolt

Was on I5 near Los Angeles. Was like 3 in the morning and was getting tired with my buddy in the passenger seat passed out. Somehow got stuck behind this truck for like 10 miles with no opposing traffic. Went to pass the truck and boom, about a block in front of me over a hill comes a semi on a two lane highway with no shoulder and a guard rail on the other side.

Downshit and run into a fence, *** end of my S10 slams into the truck. Start flipping, pass out. Wake up and boom, buddy has x.x's for eyes and all I can think of is "I wonder if I'm going to get NJP'd." Trucker comes and starts screaming and hollering. Buddy wakes up, we walk out get 'er towed to junkyard and call it a day.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1991 z28
Engine: Turbo 310
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: D44

making the right hand sweeping 4 lane turn from 290 east to 610 south i was going 105ish, hit a hump and the rear unloaded, the *** end came out, stayed in it the throttle pretty hard and the car straightened out. i needed new shorts.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

"i needed new shorts"

more like needed new front seats lol
Old 10-06-2011, 09:22 PM

Car: 07 Saab, 88 Turbocoupe, 85 XR4Ti
Engine: LP9, 2.3t, 2.3t
Transmission: 6 speed auto, t5, t5
Axle/Gears: ? , 3.55 8.8", 3.64 7.5"

My third gen days were docile. Nothing ever happened in that car.

My Taurus: I was coming out of town and taking a left on a rural road to get home. It was a sweeping left and I was getting up to 40 through the turn. At that moment a white Mustang piloted by a very young female nails it to come out of the adjacent parking lot. As my left foot slams on the brake while my right comes off the gas I knew I would hit that girl. My boy racer instincts take over seeing the other lane being empty and my left foot comes off the brake a little too late as I yanked the wheel to the left unloading the rear while also putting my foot through the floor. It swung around a little bit, but nothing out of control as I passed that girl with all the glory of that little V8 singing its tune. My right foot was staying planted as my arm got a stinging pain. My fiance had hit me. With all of my rage I looked down to see around 105 on my speedometer. I yelled at her for hitting me while I was going that fast as she could have made us wreck.

My tbird blew a wastegate reference line during one smokey burnout. Going from 350 horsepower to about 70 scares the hell out of you. I thought I blew it up. Just no boost.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z and 1988 Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 V8 and 5.0 305 V8
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi

First oh **** moment,
I was hanging out at my ******* friends house while I was showing my car to him when this chubby guy that goes to our high school pulls up and calls my car a piece of crap. So I hop in my car and follow him around for a few miles while we find somewhere for me to whoop his car. FYI I was in my Iroc with said ******* friend, the other guy was in his moms 01 blazer with 4 other people. Anyway we finally find this light that leads to a long stretch of road with no lights. However there is a car in the lane next to the guy I wanna race so I pull in behind him. Light turns green and he mashes it as I do the same. After a few seconds I'm able to pull into the other lane and make my advance to pass him. Now this road we are on almost immediately has a subtle right turn with a quarter mile straight that turns into a 90 degree 45 mph left turn. So my car was running on 6-cylinders but even so I was able to pass him after I got halfway up the straight. I am almost in that turn when I look at the speedo and its reading a hard 115 mph. Then when I look up I'm in the turn, well I was in the far right lane and the *** end of the car was trying to skid off the road and into the ravine below. As if that wasnt enough traffic was coming up so I had to hit the brakes even harder and change lanes mid turn at about 80 mph and then switch back over to the other lane again. After I pull out of the turn I slow down to about 50 mph when on the other side of the road a state trooper in his Charger drive by me. Phew. I get back to my friends house where we go up his hill and I realize my gas gauge went from 3/4 full down to the empty line. I proceed to turn around at the top and my car dies as I'm going in reverse. I am able to start it back up and drive down the hill and park it. For the next hour my heart was pounding filled with adrenaline and lets just say my friend almost crapped his pants. Side note, I recently found out my speedo is off by a bit and as the speed gets higher the worse it gets so I was probably doing around 130-135+ in that turn.

Next moment,
Happened just last weekend when I was leaving my dads fourth new kids baptism. The church was on a hill and there was pretty thick traffic with only small breaks inbetween. So I see my "step-aunt" pull out into traffic and I say why the hell not and floor it to make sure I make it (mind you now my car runs on all 8 cylinders). I come flying around this left hand turn going almost completely sideways not noticing the gravel in the road. Knowing that letting off the gas would mess everything up I just keep it mashed and just go sideways for a good amount of time, after a few seconds the car pulls true and straight. 30 miles later I get back to my dads house for a BBQ where the same aunt says "What the hell was THAT????" being the smart *** kid I am I say "what are you talking about?" so she retorts saying "I just looked up in my rearview mirror and see your *** flying sideways down the street!". So I just look at her, smile, and make my way inside the house. FYI the oh **** moment was when I was going sideways down that busy street.

Man oh man do I tend to ramble!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 355
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 10 bolt 3.42 posi

I have 2 good ones that pop to mind.

The first one was in my Subaru SVX. I was on my way home from work for lunch and it was about 12-1 AM. I was at an intersection known as six corners at a red light. Just as the opposing light turned red, a car came flying through it doing about 70+ MPH and went across the intersection. My light turned green and I went to go and as I did i thought to myself "what if someone was chasing him?". Sure enough, I look to my left and a ford aerostar comes floating over the hill and across the intersection. I swear I was within 1/2" of the side of that van with my front bumper when he blew by and it was close enough I felt my car rock from his wake. Really scared the crap out of me to say the least because 1" further forward before I stopped and it would have been bad news, for him especially.

The second one was rather recent in an unnamed city.
I was in my GTA and hanging out at my buddies when a younger neighborhood kid showed up. We got to talking about the car and my buddy told me to take him for a ride, so I said what the hell and we went. I came out on the main road and hammered it and after about 5-6 blocks I blow by a city cop doing 85-90 in a 35 zone (This would be were I said "Oh S*IT!"). I look in the rearview and he's desperately trying to make a U turn, so I dip down the next side road and start zig zagging down streets through my buddies neighborhood to throw them off and head for his house. I get there and run my car up his side driveway and into his backyard which is completely surrounded by 6 foot tall bushes plus is on a big hill. We jump out, jump down the wall into his other driveway (he lives on a corner) and tell him real quick what is up and then stand there and wait. About 30 seconds later the cop creeps by real slow looking around, in the meantime I'm smiling at him and standing 15 feet from my car with it in sight of me but yet he can't see it and he just drives away. 5 minutes later the chopper went over and then we never saw them again lol.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by budfreak1
I have 2 good ones that pop to mind.

The first one was in my Subaru SVX. I was on my way home from work for lunch and it was about 12-1 AM. I was at an intersection known as six corners at a red light. Just as the opposing light turned red, a car came flying through it doing about 70+ MPH and went across the intersection. My light turned green and I went to go and as I did i thought to myself "what if someone was chasing him?". Sure enough, I look to my left and a ford aerostar comes floating over the hill and across the intersection. I swear I was within 1/2" of the side of that van with my front bumper when he blew by and it was close enough I felt my car rock from his wake. Really scared the crap out of me to say the least because 1" further forward before I stopped and it would have been bad news, for him especially.

The second one was rather recent in an unnamed city.
I was in my GTA and hanging out at my buddies when a younger neighborhood kid showed up. We got to talking about the car and my buddy told me to take him for a ride, so I said what the hell and we went. I came out on the main road and hammered it and after about 5-6 blocks I blow by a city cop doing 85-90 in a 35 zone (This would be were I said "Oh S*IT!"). I look in the rearview and he's desperately trying to make a U turn, so I dip down the next side road and start zig zagging down streets through my buddies neighborhood to throw them off and head for his house. I get there and run my car up his side driveway and into his backyard which is completely surrounded by 6 foot tall bushes plus is on a big hill. We jump out, jump down the wall into his other driveway (he lives on a corner) and tell him real quick what is up and then stand there and wait. About 30 seconds later the cop creeps by real slow looking around, in the meantime I'm smiling at him and standing 15 feet from my car with it in sight of me but yet he can't see it and he just drives away. 5 minutes later the chopper went over and then we never saw them again lol.

WOW!!! thats tight man, keep the wheels spinnen and the beavers grinen.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 AM

Car: 1987 pontiac firebird
Engine: 6.5 turbo diesel
Transmission: t56
Axle/Gears: Ws6 axle

i have not had any oh **** moments lately i have been behaved. but the best from last year were:
the first in august 2010 which was just total stupidity. i was doin bout 90 in the bird on an old dirt back road thats long and strait. my fav place to race. well my buddy who aint used to racing was in the passenger seat screaming like a lil bitch that i was gonna kill us, driving that fast. and i was really hammered which didnt help so to **** with him i started to make the bird fish tail. high speed fish tailing on a dirt road i got to the point were i didnt think i could save it from spinning anymore. and for some reason i let go of the wheel and smashed the throttle down. justin screams latches on to my dash as we spin 4 times and finaly stop in the corn field. i was so f'ed up i was dying laughin while he was cryin. lesson learned dont let me drive when not sober. only damage done was lost a couple of the wheel hub cover things. i will never do that again they made me quit drinkin shortly after that.

and the other holy **** moment was last december truck wouldn't run so i took the bird out well i left the girls house about 2 in the morning. theres like a foot of slush on the road and my brakes quite as i am going bout 35 down this steep hill. well the car gets up to bout 70 coasting down the hill and there is a 90 degree curve at the bottom. i know there is no way i am makin the turn with no brakes already doin 70 only half way down hill. so i mash the throttle get the bird up to bout a hundred and went strait into the field. and flew across it and hit the snow bank on the other side at bout 80 miles an hour launched off the snow bank. caught air flew about 15 feet and landed on the middle of the road right in front of an on coming van and some how managed to drift around him without hitting him and after my car finally came to a stop i sat there had a smoke and cruised home alot slower. i would have hit the field slower but i was afraid of getting stuck.lol these are my stupidest scariest moments i dont do that **** often.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:44 PM

Car: 1987 Iroc-Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: G92 3.23, G80, J65 disc

hitting a bit of gravel in a corner and in the blink of an eye facing the other way staring at a ditch a row of trees.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by 87bluebird
i have not had any oh **** moments lately i have been behaved. but the best from last year were:
the first in august 2010 which was just total stupidity. i was doin bout 90 in the bird on an old dirt back road thats long and strait. my fav place to race. well my buddy who aint used to racing was in the passenger seat screaming like a lil bitch that i was gonna kill us, driving that fast. and i was really hammered which didnt help so to **** with him i started to make the bird fish tail. high speed fish tailing on a dirt road i got to the point were i didnt think i could save it from spinning anymore. and for some reason i let go of the wheel and smashed the throttle down. justin screams latches on to my dash as we spin 4 times and finaly stop in the corn field. i was so f'ed up i was dying laughin while he was cryin. lesson learned dont let me drive when not sober. only damage done was lost a couple of the wheel hub cover things. i will never do that again they made me quit drinkin shortly after that.

and the other holy **** moment was last december truck wouldn't run so i took the bird out well i left the girls house about 2 in the morning. theres like a foot of slush on the road and my brakes quite as i am going bout 35 down this steep hill. well the car gets up to bout 70 coasting down the hill and there is a 90 degree curve at the bottom. i know there is no way i am makin the turn with no brakes already doin 70 only half way down hill. so i mash the throttle get the bird up to bout a hundred and went strait into the field. and flew across it and hit the snow bank on the other side at bout 80 miles an hour launched off the snow bank. caught air flew about 15 feet and landed on the middle of the road right in front of an on coming van and some how managed to drift around him without hitting him and after my car finally came to a stop i sat there had a smoke and cruised home alot slower. i would have hit the field slower but i was afraid of getting stuck.lol these are my stupidest scariest moments i dont do that **** often.
videos or your a lier!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:23 PM

Car: 1987 pontiac firebird
Engine: 6.5 turbo diesel
Transmission: t56
Axle/Gears: Ws6 axle

Originally Posted by patin88z
videos or your a lier!!!!
dude i wish i had that **** on tape especially the second one. last december was a blast. that was the second time in 3 days i had caught air 2 days before coming home from a party i was driving my truck when i saw flashing lights in my mirror. and i punched it and hit the rail tracks at 85. the truck only flew bout 10 feet but landed hard. then i turned into a field on a friends farm thru the old logging trail and doubled back and parked in the barn. when the truck landed i busted he frame at the shock mount. thats why i had to drive my poor bird in the winter. and when i took the bird thru that field i snapped the rear sway bar and smooshed my passenger fender up. thats why my bird has a black nose and i am afraid the frame or some thing is tweaked i plan to take her to a frame shop when i have enough extra money. but any way yeah sorry no one was around video taping me that i know of. the cops might have dash cam footage of my truck goin off the tracks but i aint gonna ask them for it. i drove the bird the rest of the winter and only went off road one more time and that was cuz i figured the snow bank would do less damage then a deer.

Last edited by 87bluebird; 10-10-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by 87bluebird
dude i wish i had that **** on tape especially the second one. last december was a blast. that was the second time in 3 days i had caught air 2 days before coming home from a party i was driving my truck when i saw flashing lights in my mirror. and i punched it and hit the rail tracks at 85. the truck only flew bout 10 feet but landed hard. then i turned into a field on a friends farm thru the old logging trail and doubled back and parked in the barn. when the truck landed i busted he frame at the shock mount. thats why i had to drive my poor bird in the winter. and when i took the bird thru that field i snapped the rear sway bar and smooshed my passenger fender up. thats why my bird has a black nose and i am afraid the frame or some thing is tweaked i plan to take her to a frame shop when i have enough extra money. but any way yeah sorry no one was around video taping me that i know of. the cops might have dash cam footage of my truck goin off the tracks but i aint gonna ask them for it. i drove the bird the rest of the winter and only went off road one more time and that was cuz i figured the snow bank would do less damage then a deer.
Damn fool your crazy....
Old 10-13-2011, 07:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 90 Iroc
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700r4 Built by- Speed Secrets
Axle/Gears: 3.23

-backed around a corner in mud and the rear end slipped off the road and the f250 was sideways on the cliff with one tire about 4 feet off the ground rocking.

-dads silverado got stuck in a snow bank on a corner and slid off the cliff and the rear tire stopped it from flipping down the cliff as it just slid right onto the large gutter going thru the curve- idk how it happened the gutter was smaller than the tire!

-my iroc brakes locked up at 85 and i slid onto a median at about 45 instant stop, no damage just a scratched up X-member not even a bumper scratch!

-Iroc front end stated to lift off the ground at about 160mph (145 speedo- needle was at the the H on MPH)

-stopped at red light and a car came about an inch away from a head on with me, she swearved just in time going about 40, that would sucked

- out hunting deer and i hear a ZIP and dust fly right next to my foot, then another past my head..and another a few more and more dust. then i see a guy aout a quarter mile away on a ridge with a rifle pointed at me.. that wasnt fun

-walkin on a road with no sidewalk, ******* swerved and clipped my foot smashed my new shoes and leaft a big black mark

-iroc playing in a double lane roundabout drifting (poorly) assend came around i did a 360 in the roundabout and my bumper was just lined up with the curb in the middle of the median when it stopped, and a suv had to slam on the brakes i was looking eye to eye with the driver as i turned around, she was petrifed, got out and the front had mud all over and leaves in the grille but no damage

-and of course the one everyone gets.. sideways in the rain and correct it. lots of those moments lol
Old 10-13-2011, 08:21 PM

How did you ever get sideways in the rain? driver [FAIL]?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 90 Iroc
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700r4 Built by- Speed Secrets
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Originally Posted by patin88z
How did you ever get sideways in the rain? driver [FAIL]?
hydroplaining, and a few times recently as my transmission pump is leakng as so i frequently have ATF all over my rear tires... And anyone who says they havent slid a little in a corner when its raining hard for the first time in a few hot days, Is a bullshitter
Old 10-13-2011, 11:19 PM

slid...alil but not loosing it....some third genners are made, the good 1s are born. ; )
Old 10-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '82 Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: TH400 4,000 stall
Axle/Gears: Currie 9", 4.56 gears

Had a few in my time but here's some.

Leaving a friend's shop with the mighty 305 and 200c transmission, I floor it and soon after was greeted by a very loud bang. Engine was still running, sounded fine but no forward acceleration anymore. I tried tapping the brakes and the back end started sliding around, while going down hill. Got to the bottom and pulled into a parking lot and the car puked all the transmission fluid out. Found out later the torque converter split open and sprayed the road down in a nice wide pattern. You could see it on the road for the whole summer.

Same shop, same style take off, this time with the current engine and transmission. Took off and all of a sudden the rear snapped to the left hanging out in the other lane. Really took me by surprise, got out of it and the car straightened out just fine. Drove home and found out it was leaking coolant. Well, the back gasket on the water pump split and sent a stream spraying right where a rear tire would get into it. Happened at the track too minus the sliding around. I'm guessing since I had a thermostat still in, it wasn't opening up and the pressure built up enough to push gaskets out. Hasn't happened since I switched to running a restrictor.

Coming back down from the hills after a night of good snow wheelin' in the 4x4, I ran into some black ice. This road is barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass each other and has very tight turns. There's a hillside on the passenger side and a cliff with big pine trees on the driver side. I come around a corner to a 500 foot straight away and started to brake for the next right hand corner. Well... I hit the brakes and didn't slow down one bit. All I'm picturing is I'm going to slide across the road smack dab right into the 4 big pines right in front of me and hope that the trees keep me from rolling into the canyon. I managed to get the 2 passenger tires into the ditch where there was some dirt and was able to slow the truck down to make the turn. Pretty much idled down the hill the next 5 miles till there was no more black ice.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Z28 convertible built 3/1/1990
Engine: Cammed 6.0L LSX
Axle/Gears: custom Ford 8.8", 4.10 gears

Here's mine...

Racing a 408 LS2 '02 SS, picture was taken when we were at about 125mph...
commencing spoiler liftoff sequence.

Name:  67454_1275077239541_1308240696_31436774_6976128_n.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  45.6 KB
Old 10-14-2011, 07:45 PM

Car: 1991 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 355
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 10 bolt 3.42 posi

Originally Posted by BlueZee28
Here's mine...

Racing a 408 LS2 '02 SS, picture was taken when we were at about 125mph...
commencing spoiler liftoff sequence.

Hahahahaha, oops. I'd be so friggin embarassed if that happened to me lol
Old 10-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Z28 convertible built 3/1/1990
Engine: Cammed 6.0L LSX
Axle/Gears: custom Ford 8.8", 4.10 gears

It was laughable. We were on a huge Fbody cruise, like 25 or 30 cars, something like that. We were out in front, so everyone behind me saw it and some poked some fun when we got to the BBQ stop...but I just let it roll off my shoulders, because most of the cars on the cruise would have only gotten to see that end of the car if we took it to the skreetz anyways haha
Old 10-14-2011, 08:42 PM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS Z03 T-Top
Engine: L98 with TBI
Axle/Gears: 2.73...

Just got the car. I was driving way WAY way to fast for in town. Suddenly my buddy yells at me that we needed to turn NOW! I ripped thru the light and the car turns completely sideways covering the entire right lane. I tried to straiten it out and it completely turns around and still 100% perpendicular to the road but now on the left side. Huge adrenaline rush but way to scary since if there had been another car id probably be dead. I've been a much better driver since.

And last night a bulldog jumped out in front of me while I was going around 70 and rolled over the hood and got up and ran off prompting me to scream holy ****! Lol
Old 10-14-2011, 08:43 PM

And I've also had the ttop fly off but I wasn't fortunate enough for it to survive
Old 10-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 92rsproject417
And I've also had the ttop fly off but I wasn't fortunate enough for it to survive
Dude... to replace it.. how much you find one?
Old 10-15-2011, 04:42 PM

I found a cheapo one off a firebid that was scrathed all to hell. Talked the guy down to 15$. Tint was different and it didn't have a lock but I needed a top. Couple weeks later that ones glass seperated from the bar so I found a matching, near perfect set for 100a with locks. Mirrored bottoms same tint all around no scratches. Planned on it anyway just was forced into it early
Old 10-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 84 Trans Am, 84 Fiero, 86 944
Engine: 5.0, 2.5, 2.5
Transmission: 5spd

yikes, cant lock my ttops, certainly hope they dont go anywhere had tons and tons of holy **** moment in the firebird, mostly when street racing, and more than a few drifting on ice and snow, slid right around, like actually around in a circle around a cop car that was stopped in the mall parking lot, strangely enough didn't get a ticket
Old 10-15-2011, 09:04 PM

Car: 91 B4C/91 RS 305
Engine: L98 and L03
Transmission: 2xTH700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 LSD/2.73 Open

kmcn47, your signature quote is amazing! i love they live.

my three biggest holy **** monents:
#3: Airborne at 105ish. I lived at the top of a hill that was deserted. Went up full throttle in my RS and forgot about the slight dip at the top. I honestly thought I was gonna die.
#2:Run and Hide: Believe it or not a 1995 Suzuki sidekick can break 100. I did then ran a stop sign with a cop parked with his lights off. He kicked his lights on as I blasted through the next stop sign then I turned mine of, used the clutch/engine for brakes, and parked in some random person's driveway and we all layed down. Cop drove right by.
#1. That terrible day: I was on my way to school and was driving uphill into the sun with a hood covered with water. I was blinded by the light and trying to focus on the road ahead... unfortunately I was 6" too far to the right and drove under a Durango totalling my first love/car: a 1991 Carmaro RS V8 Auto. 10/24/04
Old 10-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1994 Z28
Engine: 355 LT1
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Dumping the clutch and doing donuts in a lake community entrance has to be at the top of my stupid list. Seemed like an okay idea until I saw the Security Guard roll in behind me. Good thing it was so smokey he didn't see much of anything.

Had a car swerve at me when I was doing 100+ down the road. Thought I was going to total the old IROC that day. My buddy said I was about a fist width away from a mailbox and I was probably half a foot away from the oncoming car.

And my biggest whoops was dumping the clutch at a roll through a turn. I ended up under the guard rail... not a fun day for my TA but she got a face lift to the LS1 front end afterward
Old 10-21-2011, 05:53 PM

Car: 1985 Z28/1981 Z28
Engine: 85 383 stroker/81 350
Transmission: 85 fortes tko 600 /81 turbo 350
Axle/Gears: G P ford 9" in proces

87bluebird you have spoken like a true farm boy but you forgot to add the part where you tell your buddy to hold your beer and watch this
Old 10-22-2011, 04:23 PM

My first car, a 2000 ford focus, floored it down the street to an intersection with a big dip. Was going about 60 and launched the car in the air on an angel to the right straight toward a parked SUV. When we hit the dip(3 other people in car with no seatbelts on for some reason), my hand pushed the automatic shifter into neutral and i had turned the wheel all the way to the left and everyone else in the car was floating at this point(only i had my seatbelt on). 5 ft before the SUV the wheels hit the ground, the car bottomed out front and back) and the car jerked to the left away from the SUV but towards someones front lawn so i had to jerk the wheel to the right. We rolled to a stop at the end of the road made sure no one was seriously hurt and punched it half way. Didnt notice I had put it in neutral.

So in a way there were two oh **** moments and needles to say I learned my lesson. No oh **** moments in the camaro
Old 10-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Lol these stories are priceless guys. i like hearing the 3rdgen stories the most since these cars just seem to love into in moments such as this...or maybe its partially driver stupidity but who wants to blame it on that :P
Old 10-23-2011, 08:28 PM

Car: 1989 Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 2.77

I have a good one. Last winter, I was at a friends house and he lives in a town house so there are little carports in the mid of the parking lot. well the next morning, i notice that it had snowed about a foot. also, this lot was on a hill. well i go outside to get into my car, and after about a half an hour of wiping snow and ice off of my windshield, i drove out of the car port. instantly, i started to slide sideways down the hill. of course, i was sliding right at a light pole. so i cut the wheel to the left toward the curb. i hit the curb right at the end before it ended and i would have slid into the pole. i just bounced right off the curb like pinball and was on my way. i was soo lucky.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 898 Likes on 589 Posts
Car: 1989-92 FORMULA350 305 92 Hawkclone
Engine: 4++,350 & 305 CIs
Transmission: 700R4 4800 vig 18th700R4 t56 ZF6 T5
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9"ford alum chunk,dana44,9bolt

One of my best was in the early 90s about a yr or 2 after I got my 89 formula 350. I was headed 2 work on I55 on a very crisp late fall morning with the cruise control set @ 70. I was passing a semi and went over a low bridge with frost on it but didnt know it. The car reved up and spun the tires (because of the cruise) as I was just in front of the semi. The car did a complete 360 in front of the semi, straitned out perfectly and I kept going..
Spent some time cleaning my shorts and seat after that..
I have many more buuuut...
Old 10-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Car: 91 Firebird Formula
Engine: 383
Transmission: built 700r4
Axle/Gears: 4.11, 9inch

i would have to say my favorite oh crap moment was blowing a freeze plug doin around 100 mph at the 1000 ft mark. i ended up facing the wall of my lane and some how all i had to do was steer once and lift the throttle. Straightened right out.

Quick Reply: Post your "Holy ***T" moments lol