Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Post your "Holy ***T" moments lol

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1990 Iroc-z Camaro
Engine: 5.7L
Transmission: Automatic
Re: Post your "Holy ***T" moments lol

mine wasn't in my iroc but in fact in my dads honda accord (which is now totaled (not my fault) but i did wreck it, well someone hit me not as bad as this next one) so i was following my brother while hes driving a mazda truck and we were in a 55mph limit with a passing zone there were about 6 cars in head of my brother 2 vans a big space and then 4 other cars maybe 30 yards in front of the second van heres a little "picture" me at the end ---- ---- well we were doing around 48 and i found the time to pass them but didn't remember about the turn ahead "blindspot" so i get passes my brother going about 60 at this time pass the 1st van and thats when a see the chevy duramax coming flying down about 80 yards ahead (oh **** moment) and i stood on the gas trying to get passed the second van i didn't know when i got passed it or how far but when the truck was maybe 10 yards infront of me i jerked the wheel right and luckily the van wasn't beside me and also the weird thing is, thr truck never beeped or flashed lights 10 min later my brother texted me saying "that was ******* intelligent!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:48 AM

Was parting out an 86 to rebuild my 89. We didnt have a title for it so we were going at the body with a saws-all not thinking too much about it, hit the fuel line...car went up in flames for a second... luckly tank was mostly empy but we had a good scare for a min.... and isnt the first car i have set on fire.... ... or second..lol
Old 10-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42

not the first or second car to catch a blaze near you....lol I think thats a sign for something. j/k

I do have another story but i was driving.i was getting a ride home from my friend in his 98 integra with his semi built b18 and it was late at night.His car has quite a few suspension mods and handle like a gokart and we were about to turn down one of the side streets to get to my street.At the corner of this side street is a well known body shop in my area.Usually this place is closed late at night but sometimes they go tow trucks dropping off cars for the morning.This happened to be one of those times ofcourse where the street wasnt empty and here we come about to apex this turn and make a pass as we normally have done lol.Not smart..I know..but not the point of this thread lol!

Me sitting in the passenger seat going for the ride..egging him on about how well our cars do handle when built right,he takes this turn at 80kmh.We see tow truck lights on inside where we were cutting the apex and he was parked the wrong way.And as was both were silently thinking..F**k this and take the turn wide.....we see a car coming towards us driving on the wrong side of the road to avoid the tow truck.hammering the brakes with nowhere to go,he tucks back in behind the tow truck and the oncoming car panicked aswell and was skidding towards the passenger(aka..ME).At this point Im thinking how do I want to die in this honda...decapped by the tow trucks boom sticking up level to our heads...or crushed by the carolla or camry as the headlights are stating to disappear getting closer to the door.....

Neither! We somehow stopped within inches literally of rear ending the truck and the other car was soo close to hitting us that it looked like the body molding and the front bumper couldnt slide a sheet of paper between them.I had my eyes closed at the last few milliseconds and puckered up my butt anticipating some hefty pain.So.. we sat there for a goo 30 seconds in dead silence.The tow truck driver steps out not knowing what to see behind him and then laughs.the other car backs up and carries on after honking.We slowly leave and get to my house without a word said.As i get out of the car..we both agreed to not try that again and thank god for the suspension and brake upgrades done to the car.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:05 PM

^^^ Idiots.................nice save though.....
Old 10-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

lol itd funny to laugh at now..but at the time.i think we both made skid marks in out seats lol.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:14 PM

Car: 1983 camaro with88nose ground effec
Engine: 468bb
Transmission: 700r
Axle/Gears: 323 posi

my moment in1984 at dealer trying out 84 ho 5 speed a volvo pull to on ramp i waited what i though was long enough then turned her loose the next thing i knew ramp was changing to one lane i was at 95 in third with volvo coming fast ifirst hit brake saw that wasnt going to work so i got on it again and when by volvo just as two lane ended terry by the way for 305 that l69 5speed was afast combo for its time
Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 PM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Car: 86 Sport Coupe
Engine: 5.3 LM7
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.42 posi

A coupe weeks ago i was driving back from harry's u pull it in PA in the accord. I picked up a bunch of camaro parts and was heading back home. On route 80 a white gmc envoy's rear driver tire blew out in front of me while going 65. He swerved right then left, then went into the right lane. I slammed on the brakes and tried to avoid the shredded tire debris and rocks that flew all over my hood and windshield. At the same time he cut back into my lane on the left, lost total control and my car was about to T bone him. I swerved around him and he rolled into the 5 foot grassy ravine in the middle of the highway then came to a stop into a tree. My car was alright, just needed a little touch up paint. Not sure what happened to the driver of the envoy, but other people did stop.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:38 PM

Car: 1983 camaro with88nose ground effec
Engine: 468bb
Transmission: 700r
Axle/Gears: 323 posi

not to step on thread my brother has been to harrys he has 4th gen formula with lt1 6speed
Old 10-27-2011, 07:11 PM

Car: 88 TPI formula
Engine: L98 Vortech
Transmission: TH700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.27

First thirdgen, 5sp T top camaro (v6 but couldn't afford the Z back then). Driving on wet Texas road after a rainstorm about 55-60 behind a pickup driven by a kid who looked to be about 14. He had some doghouse or chicken coup in the back with the tailgate down. Yep that thing decides to unload itself right in front of me. I swerved to the right shoulder, but the mud started to pull me down the embankment. I went left again back on the road happy I didn't roll it down on the right. But it was a bit too early to celebrate my driving skills as the Texas clay on a slick road was like ice and the camaro kept drifting towards oncoming traffic with no control. I braked to at least scrub off some speed and the rear end slowly kept coming around. I was now going about 45+mph backwards into 60mph oncoming traffic in their lane
I turned the wheel left and let off the brakes momentarily to guide my car back to the rightlane and away from the oncoming. Happy that the car responded and kept on it's slow spin back into the correct lane I thought it was going to be lucky and just drive on as I was down to about 35mph and in the right lane pointed in the correct direction. Nope the Texas clay wasn't lettin' go yet. It slide me all the way over right again, back onto the shoulder and down the embankment. Well it didn't roll or hit anything
Bad part was the smooth closing doors and hatch had to be slammed a bit after that, and of course the kid didn't stop to payup to straighten the frame or apologize or anything

Edit: Plenty of oh ****t moments in the car, but get a fast street bike and the speeds are higher and chances of walking away much smaller and those moments get really memorable.

Last edited by turbosbox; 10-27-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 77 Firebird
Engine: 454
Transmission: th350
Axle/Gears: 4.10

I'm too old so I have way to many "oh ****!" stories. Forunately they are all from my youth and I survived to tell about them. To tell even one accurately would be a page so I'll just give you the jist of a few. 1. sliding sideways in the middle of winter between two gas pumps at 25 mph with a 72 Merc. 2. County driving with my girlfriend(110mph) in my 77 camaro and almost hitting another kid head on doing the same thing and jsut getting lucky we both swerved the right way. 3. Being a passenger in my buddies 75 Cutlass and having the back wheel pass us up at 120mph because he failed to tell anyone that he used the wrong lugnuts with the aluminum slots he just got. 4. And probably the biggest "Oh ****!" was driving hoome for leave while in the army with four buddies, all of us sleeping and waking up to a few little bumps. Every one woke up about the same instant while bumping the side of a semi, everyon except the driver that is. He was sound alseep.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:30 PM

Car: 87 Iroc
Engine: 350tpi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt, unsure of gears yet

I have one I can post for now.
Just last week I had made a run to the store real quick. I was waiting for the cable guy so it was seriously quick. On my way back I decided to mash it making the turn for my road and kicked it out pretty far and held it till she straightened out. I then decided to keep her floored to see how fast I could handle the corners (my road is like an S with a extra curve, large turns tho.) Well I glanced down and my needle was coming up on 10 mph again so I let off to make the last corner which is the sharpest and she didnt slow down but kept going. I panicked and kicked it to N just to make the revs jump so i killed it, I turned the key too far it locked my steering wheel and I was headed striaght across the road for a hill that goes down about 50 yards into a forest. I slammed on the breaks and stopped with the front wheels just over the hill... Got out popped the hood and moved the throttle linkage around then drove it the other like 1/8 a mile to my house. Turns out the pedal got stuck under the carpeting.....
Old 10-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA 5-spd TPI
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: T-5 baby
Axle/Gears: 3.45

10 mph... no wonder you slowed down!
You gotta stop confusing your toyota for a real car!
Originally Posted by BloodBassist
I have one I can post for now.
Just last week I had made a run to the store real quick. I was waiting for the cable guy so it was seriously quick. On my way back I decided to mash it making the turn for my road and kicked it out pretty far and held it till she straightened out. I then decided to keep her floored to see how fast I could handle the corners (my road is like an S with a extra curve, large turns tho.) Well I glanced down and my needle was coming up on 10 mph again so I let off to make the last corner which is the sharpest and she didnt slow down but kept going. I panicked and kicked it to N just to make the revs jump so i killed it, I turned the key too far it locked my steering wheel and I was headed striaght across the road for a hill that goes down about 50 yards into a forest. I slammed on the breaks and stopped with the front wheels just over the hill... Got out popped the hood and moved the throttle linkage around then drove it the other like 1/8 a mile to my house. Turns out the pedal got stuck under the carpeting.....
Old 10-28-2011, 11:44 AM

Car: 87 Iroc
Engine: 350tpi
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt, unsure of gears yet

Yeah ten. But it already wrapped past 80. And if you must kno it was in my 86 iroc.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:09 PM

Car: 86 Camaro Z28/ 87 Camaro IROC Z28
Engine: 5.0L TPI LB9 / 5.0 TPI LB9 w/cam
Transmission: Built 700R4 with Transgo shift kit
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9 bolt Posi/ 2.73 10 bolt Posi

I was driving down a 4 lane highway when this little dinker Honda with a carbon fiber hood with the fart can muffler drives up next to me on the left side. I was wearing a "Honk if my muffler falls off" t-shirt and driving my 87. He revs his engine and "speeds off" (for a honda).

A few seconds later his bumper literally explodes into a thousand plastic bits and his hood flips straight up into the wind and smacks into his windshield and stays there. Since he cant see anything, he screeches to a halt on the highway and I slow down next to him and honk really hard and laugh and pull away.

Thats twice ive seen this happen to some import car and its been hilarious everytime.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lucid
A few seconds later his bumper literally explodes into a thousand plastic bits and his hood flips straight up into the wind and smacks into his windshield and stays there. Since he cant see anything, he screeches to a halt on the highway and I slow down next to him and honk really hard and laugh and pull away.

Thats twice ive seen this happen to some import car and its been hilarious everytime.
How did that happen???
Old 10-31-2011, 06:20 PM

Car: 1987 Iroc-Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Axle/Gears: G92 3.23, G80, J65 disc

My buddy had a CF hood on his ***** and that same exact thing happened to him, minus the bumper. He didnt have his hood adjusted right and on a good windy day it pulled the latch out of the hood and smashed the hood into the windshield. Ended up costing him almost 2k in parts and labor to fix it.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:04 AM

Car: 85 Z28 99 Z28
Engine: 350 LS1
Transmission: 700r4 4L60E

Been a while since I've been on here...Maybe I'll come back for threads like this

#1: My new to me 99 Z28 got caught in the hail storm in Knoxville about 6 months after I got it . They had to replace the windshield seal because it got all cracked up because it sticks out. The morons who replaced the windshield either A) didn't lock the T-Tops or B) didn't put them in correctly. I walked a mustang 2 nights before I gave them the car and did 135+ with no problems. Get halfway back to Nashville and get up to 70 and the Ttop comes down, bitch slaps me and then takes off. Somehow misses the 4 cars behind me and a semi and shatters in the middle of the highway.

Now for 3rd gen stories

#2: It was a little wet out one night coming home and I thought I would have a little fun. Pulled into my neighborhood and layed on it. Car kicks out and for whatever reason I let off kicking me back the other way, over the curb and 4 5/8" (yes I measured) from a tree.

#3: Came a hell of a snow storm while I was in Nashville and I could not get stuck there because I had finals the next day in Cookeville. I head back and had to stop to clear the ice off my windshield that's how bad it was snowing. Anyway, people are driving like lunatics from 4x4's flying to small cars losing it and getting stuck. Well, a lady has to go around someone who got stuck and pulls into my lane w/o out even looking. I was traveling pretty quickly and she was not. She does not get back over in time for me to stop and I have to swerve. My car hits the snow and ice piled up between lanes and just goes apes***. I spin, over correct, and end up sliding AROUND her. It was like in the movies when they slow a drift down but I was actually just moving slow so it seemed like FOREVER. My hands hurt when I got back to school from gripping the wheel so hard.

#4: Pulling across a 4 lane rd (2 one way 2 the other w/ a turning lane). It's a friday and traffic is ridiculous. Two nice people let me out to get into the turning lane. An Autozone Ranger decides he want to make the light an 1/8 mile ahead (only place to turn left for him after where I was pulling out of Advance ) I had no idea he was coming and neither did the people letting me out. I get my nose in the turn lane and SCRRREEEAACCHHH...Bang. Got the front fender and bumper pretty good. Apparently there are no laws in TN saying you can't be in the turning lane X ft from light and therefore it's my fault. Damn thing still hasn't gotten fixed and it looks like hell.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:12 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA 5-spd TPI
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: T-5 baby
Axle/Gears: 3.45

Nice to hear another t-top story
Welcome back!

Originally Posted by CanaryYellowZ28
Been a while since I've been on here...Maybe I'll come back for threads like this

#1: My new to me 99 Z28 got caught in the hail storm in Knoxville about 6 months after I got it . They had to replace the windshield seal because it got all cracked up because it sticks out. The morons who replaced the windshield either A) didn't lock the T-Tops or B) didn't put them in correctly. I walked a mustang 2 nights before I gave them the car and did 135+ with no problems. Get halfway back to Nashville and get up to 70 and the Ttop comes down, bitch slaps me and then takes off. Somehow misses the 4 cars behind me and a semi and shatters in the middle of the highway.

Now for 3rd gen stories

#2: It was a little wet out one night coming home and I thought I would have a little fun. Pulled into my neighborhood and layed on it. Car kicks out and for whatever reason I let off kicking me back the other way, over the curb and 4 5/8" (yes I measured) from a tree.

#3: Came a hell of a snow storm while I was in Nashville and I could not get stuck there because I had finals the next day in Cookeville. I head back and had to stop to clear the ice off my windshield that's how bad it was snowing. Anyway, people are driving like lunatics from 4x4's flying to small cars losing it and getting stuck. Well, a lady has to go around someone who got stuck and pulls into my lane w/o out even looking. I was traveling pretty quickly and she was not. She does not get back over in time for me to stop and I have to swerve. My car hits the snow and ice piled up between lanes and just goes apes***. I spin, over correct, and end up sliding AROUND her. It was like in the movies when they slow a drift down but I was actually just moving slow so it seemed like FOREVER. My hands hurt when I got back to school from gripping the wheel so hard.

#4: Pulling across a 4 lane rd (2 one way 2 the other w/ a turning lane). It's a friday and traffic is ridiculous. Two nice people let me out to get into the turning lane. An Autozone Ranger decides he want to make the light an 1/8 mile ahead (only place to turn left for him after where I was pulling out of Advance ) I had no idea he was coming and neither did the people letting me out. I get my nose in the turn lane and SCRRREEEAACCHHH...Bang. Got the front fender and bumper pretty good. Apparently there are no laws in TN saying you can't be in the turning lane X ft from light and therefore it's my fault. Damn thing still hasn't gotten fixed and it looks like hell.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:49 PM

Car: '90 Camaro
Engine: 305 tbi
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt posi 373

i had a holy sh!@ moment today in my dads vette. it was wet out side and i accelerated and the rear end went sides ways goin up a hill. but i got it straightened out by lettin off the gas. thank GOD!!
Old 11-19-2011, 01:45 AM

Car: 90 RS
Engine: 5.0 TBI
Transmission: 700R4

Back when I had my Dodge Daytona Turbo, we had two cars and were convoying down from Portland, Oregon to LA. We left late and were heading down the Pacific highway through the mountains. It was the wee hours of the morning, 2 am, 3 am. My cohorts were in a fairly new impala and were were hauling ***. We had the whole interstate to ourselves, roaring up and down the mountains, cutting through the switchbacks, going from shoulder to shoulder, without giving a thought to the center line. Well, up in the mountains they have animated billboards warning you of sharp curves, that show a little animation of a semi truck flopping over. And they also warn you of your speed. The impala lead through the corner but as we came onto a short straight I grabbed 4th and poured on the coal. Went to the outside and snuck past. The billboard was flashing

'Sharp Turn Ahead: 45 MPH'

'Your Speed: 98 MPH '
Old 11-19-2011, 09:38 AM

Car: 1988 Base Coupe
Engine: 350
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt w/ disk brakes - 3.70

My worst holy sh*t moment.

I had blown a tire and needed to drive my car so I pulled the wheels off of my 77 Firebird project and threw them on my camaro, these tires were narrow and probably 10 years old.

day 2 of having these tires on It was raining and I was pulling left out of a gas station and decided to give it some and try to power slide across the road seeing there were no cars coming. Well I got half way across the road and the back end started to come around on me so I just let out of the throttle and found myself facing the gas station again.

So I start to blow a quick donut to get myself facing the right direction again and as my back end comes around I see a tractor trailer coming up fast in my rear view, so i ditch the donut plan and just punch it, facing the opposite direction i was headed, but hey it's better than dying.

Now wet roads + hard narrow tires does not = traction and by the time my tires finally hooked up the tractor trailer was about 20ft away laying on his horn.

I get home to find a soft tire with a belt blown out the side. Moral of the story, dont use old tires and dont drive like an *******.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:05 AM

Car: 88' White-Black Trans Am
Engine: Trying to find a motor
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Driving my car for the first time. We restored it for a year and did a motor swap and all that good stuff. 2nd day with it plated i was on a cruise with a friend and it rained.i took a corner too fast and did a 180 in front of cars. I seriously almost pissed myself Haha. Then not too long ago i raced my friend Kyle who has the blue camaro( I have a thread on it) and i killed him. 7 car lengths.Next day at school my teacher says"dylan nelson..."and im like what? and she says"Ya know,my road isnt the best road to race on.A state trooper lives at the end of my road"s So im freaking out. Then she says "But congrats on winning,youve got yourself a pretty mean car(:" and walks away haha
Old 01-16-2012, 05:38 PM

Awesome stories!

1. In a 1990 talon tsi/awd with full bolt ons I had, bigger turbo. Racing 30-100 with a buddy in his 2002 Wrx wagon (exhaust only), 4 squads behind us later I came flying into my garage safely! Cop run ins are always the scrariest for me.. I won

2. 1991 z28 (355/auto) I had, coming in a little hot in a corner, ran out of talent, did a 180, my bad... Scary to say the least, no cars were around thank god.

3. In a friends Nissan nx3000? Bald front tires, rain, coming.in hot when a car in front of us slammed his brakes for a deer, I swear we couldn't fit a hair between our bumpers after hydroplaning to a stop. I was just along for the ride on that one.

4. Racing a fox body, only mildly damp out, straight empty road in my 1995 z28, he got on it right when I did, car downshifted into first, when it hit second, the shift kit broke the tires loose, and i came real close to kissing his car... I'd like to think I would have won though. Stupid fun.

Last edited by hairysox33; 01-16-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:38 PM

Car: 84 trans am
Engine: 350 bored .020 over
Transmission: TH350 w/ stage 2 B&M shift kit
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt/3.27

I have had only one real oh **** moment.
The week before a friend of mine and I decided to swap out the rear end on my 84 trans am. I was driving to the gas station a week later, and something did not feel right. All of a sudden I heard pop, pop, pop and I saw lugnuts flying past my window. Then the driver side rear hit the pavement and the tire rolling down the highway. Good thing there was no one coming the other way. So I pull over quickly, slam my door **** and start to sprint for my tire. It managed to go a football field or so before it fell over. Luckily there was a gas station down the road lol. I would like to blame my friend, but I don't remember who tightened the driver side lugnuts(it was midnight.)
New rims, and a few other parts later it is all fixed.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:02 PM

Car: 89 iroc
Engine: 5.7 trick flow heads t-ram
Transmission: wct5
Axle/Gears: 3.42

One time my cuz and I were ridin' and slidin' around some back roads in southern Georgia, just mindin' our own business when the local sherriff and his dog started chasin' us. He came on the CB and told us boys to pull over cause we were bein' charged with obstruction of justice. We radio'd back apologizing to him that we didn't have time to stop cause we had errands to run for our uncle (including paying the 200 dollar mortgage payment on the family farm) all of the sudden there was a road construction crew staight ahead, with a" road closed" sign and a big pile of dirt. I said "hang on cuz" as I blew through the road barrier and launched over the pile of dirt going approximately 60ft in the air,clearing the bridge that was out, landing perfectly without hurting the car. When we looked back, the sherriff tried to make the same jump, only to end up in the creek. We backed up to make make sure he and his dog were alright. They seemed fine cause the sherriff was waving his fist at us. This wasn't the first run in we had with the local law. Ever since we came home from the stock car circuit, the county commisioner and sherriff have been tryin' to put us away for good, usually on trumped up charges. It's all because our uncle won't give the commisioner his secret recipe for the county's best 'shine....But that's another story. Stay tuned y'all
Old 01-16-2012, 11:32 PM

Car: 1984 Formula ws6
Engine: 370 LSX
Transmission: 4L80E with a brake and 4500 Stall
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" 4.30 gear

Originally Posted by irocarter
One time my cuz and I were ridin' and slidin' around some back roads in southern Georgia, just mindin' our own business when the local sherriff and his dog started chasin' us. He came on the CB and told us boys to pull over cause we were bein' charged with obstruction of justice. We radio'd back apologizing to him that we didn't have time to stop cause we had errands to run for our uncle (including paying the 200 dollar mortgage payment on the family farm) all of the sudden there was a road construction crew staight ahead, with a" road closed" sign and a big pile of dirt. I said "hang on cuz" as I blew through the road barrier and launched over the pile of dirt going approximately 60ft in the air,clearing the bridge that was out, landing perfectly without hurting the car. When we looked back, the sherriff tried to make the same jump, only to end up in the creek. We backed up to make make sure he and his dog were alright. They seemed fine cause the sherriff was waving his fist at us. This wasn't the first run in we had with the local law. Ever since we came home from the stock car circuit, the county commisioner and sherriff have been tryin' to put us away for good, usually on trumped up charges. It's all because our uncle won't give the commisioner his secret recipe for the county's best 'shine....But that's another story. Stay tuned y'all
Only in Logan, Ohio do these things happen. Get back to your sheep barn they need "tended" too.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:06 AM

Years ago had a '72 RX2, used to run ITC (SCCA). Wet track, coming around a hairpin sideways, focused on the car. Pop my head down the straightway as I stomped on the throttle, and right in front of me were two Talon AWDs locked together with mangled front fenders. About pooped my pants, that cheap racing seat is probably sitting in a junkyard somewhere with a pucker mark still on it. Put the nose of the RX2 in between their *** ends and split them down the middle, watched each spin off the track behind me, one to one side one to the other. Wound up being the closest I ever came to placing in the top three, and the damage to my RX2 wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed with grinder and a slide hammer.

So yes. I also just admitted to owning a '*****' at one point in my life. I like how r i c e r is a bad word here.

Last edited by MadCelt; 01-17-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 1986 Trans am
Engine: 5.3 LM7
Transmission: T56 6 speed
Axle/Gears: Dana 44 w/ 3.55's

My holy SH*T moment was towards the guy in a car I was racing...

On the highway one night on the way home, this joker in a stock looking civic pulled up next to me. The highway I was on I am very familiar with, and has a ton of areas where it expands to 3 lanes, and then has the right lane merge back down to 2 lanes. There are probably 4 areas like that in a stretch of about 4 miles.

Anyways, I gave the guy in the honda a quick blast and he played catch up. Heard him downshift as he got beside me again and he was ready to go, so I gave it another blast. He got left in the dust but sure enough came FLYING back up and just had to pass me. Well I was in the fast lane, and there was a car beside me in the middle lane. The joker goes to pass in the slow lane doing about 100 mph and low and behold, that was when the highway merged. He tries to squeeze in past the car that was in the middle lane, but got pinched too tight and sure enought, slammed the guardrail. Miraculously, he got the car straightened out and back on the highway without totalling it. After that he stayed in the slow lane. When I got off my exit, I got a good look at the pass side of his car, and sure enough, it was scraped and smashed to hell. At that point, I said "Oh SH*T!"
Old 02-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

These stories just get better and better.Silly civic ^^^
Old 02-13-2012, 07:29 PM

Car: 88 trans am
Engine: 350sb
Transmission: t400
Axle/Gears: 7.5/2.73

I was coming back from the club one night going to tampa on I-275, big highway. i got up to what we call "malfunction junction" it was raining a little. I was driving my tiburon going a good 75, it was raining a little. This rice rocket comes flying up next to me n stops side by side. So I punched it a little up to 85 real quick n got a few car lengths on him. He floors it and keeps going, probably about 100. Little did he know that in about 1/8th of a mile was a very sharp turn going up to a overpass that went left. He was in the far right lane, I was in the middle. He must have blinked or something because when he got to that turn, he didn't turn. He launched off of this upramp, right before the guard rail and flew a good 10 ft landing into the drainage ditch to the side of the overpass. At this moment I said "OH S***". I'm pretty sure it was a eagle talon cause that thing had wings.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:58 PM

Car: 1985 Black and Gold Trans Am
Engine: 305 Tuned Port Injection
Transmission: T5 Borg Warner Manual 5-speed
Axle/Gears: 3.08

[IMG][/IMG]

This is what kind of a **** **** moment you get when two 19 year olds where hauling *** back to town to meet up with some girls thinking we were gonna get lucky that night. In a way, we did - WE LIVED!!! Side swiped a telephone pole, missed a bridge, and landed into a pile of shingles inside a barn!!! (There's more to this story if anyone wants to hear it I'll post it.) It was my buddie Phillip's car - he was driving. When he totaled it out, he got a black formula. Phillip is the one posing solitare with the loose parts. I am the guy in the passenger's side. (1989)
Old 02-23-2012, 02:37 AM

Car: 1991 RS
Engine: Stock 305
Transmission: Stock
Axle/Gears: Stock

Turning left and not realizing I pulled out in front of someone right as it smashes through the front end of my car and then I watch the cop car fly into the ditch.

The repairs to the cop car costed about 10k. Neither of us had a scratch.
Also atm I was driving home from my criminal justice(focus in law enforecement) college classes :P

Last edited by Fritomaster; 02-23-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:35 PM

I can fix it. My dads got tools. He's a T.V repairman. (Jeff Spicolli)
Old 02-24-2012, 04:21 PM

Car: 1991 RS
Engine: Stock 305
Transmission: Stock
Axle/Gears: Stock

I can fix it. My dads got tools. He's a T.V repairman. (Jeff Spicolli)
lol... :P

Old 02-25-2012, 01:12 PM

Car: 88' White-Black Trans Am
Engine: Trying to find a motor
Transmission: 4L60E

Last night i had a holy Sh*t moment,In a gas station parking lot. Back up into a guys van as he pulled in.Trashed his front bumper,and cracked my rear bumper. IM scared as hell now.Im only 17. My dads gonna kill me.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:16 PM

Car: 89 rs
Engine: 2.8 v6
Transmission: M/t
Axle/Gears: 5 Speed Manual

I gotta say, Mine was at a tRAFFIC STOP IN THE 2ND BIGGEST TOWN NEARBY. THERE WAS A LINE OF CARS. I WAS AT THE FRONT OF THE SHOW. THE LIGHT TURNED GREEN AND I DIDNT PUSH THE GAS ENOUGH. CAR TURNED OFF :0 I WAS SO EMBARASED/ THE GOOD THING IS THAT IT ONLY TAKES ABOUT HALF A SECOND FOR THE CAR TO START. I FLOORED THE B** SO THEY WOULDNT SEE ME HAHA. I WAS ASHAMED OF MYSELF FOR PUTTING MY BABY THROUGH THAT.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 84 Trans Am, 84 Fiero, 86 944
Engine: 5.0, 2.5, 2.5
Transmission: 5spd

Originally Posted by 88TransAmGuy
Last night i had a holy Sh*t moment,In a gas station parking lot. Back up into a guys van as he pulled in.Trashed his front bumper,and cracked my rear bumper. IM scared as hell now.Im only 17. My dads gonna kill me.
i'd relax a little, it doesn't sound like your fault, he will be mad but eventually (couple hours) you'll be fine, no matter what dont lie about it an show how torn up inside you are about the car being hurt and he'll see you weren't goofing off and that you really care about it (responsibility)
Old 02-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: '87 Camaro
Engine: '92 Carb'd 350
Axle/Gears: factory stock

Couple years ago, I was driving the Camaro to work for the first time.
4 in the am, somewhat thick fog. Country road. As I was listening to some good rock, the motor with no hint or reason just died! Everything else was fine- radio kept playing, head lights stayed on... Hmmmm....
Wouldn't restart... Crap!! I turned off the key, lights, & radio for a couple minutes, then I thought maybe the gas tank isn't venting correctly. I took off the gas cap & was greeted with a hisssssss.
So I tried to restart--- fired right away-- turned the lights & radio on & just started down the road when I saw headlights coming up from behind pretty dang fast.... Who ever it was passed me like it was the Indy 500!!

Not as scary as most of the posts, but Dayammmm!! Who drives that fast in fog??
Old 02-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 formula
Engine: 350 tuned port. bolt ons
Axle/Gears: 3.73

a few years ago when i was driving my gta i was very mad at the time i was driving and got into a race on the highway with some guy in a 2007 charger. i took a semi sharp turn and he backed out i was going over 100 mph on this turn and could feel the car starting to give out and almost lost control. but i held it threw. he must have thought i was crazy Alittle advise guys. DON'T DRIVE MAD. i will never be doing this again. i was lucky
Old 02-25-2012, 09:51 PM

One time I was running blocker, in my black T/A, for a semi running coors beer from Texas to Georgia when I ran across a crazy sherriff that chased me through three states. I don't want to give too much of the story away because I'm thinking about selling the movie rights. I've also written a song about the whole adventure.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:04 AM

Car: 85 IROC race car
Engine: 425/435 rwhp/tq
Transmission: WCT5 .80 5th gear

How about this Camaro at Mosport. Leading race in Camaro. Driver is 15.

http://www.youtube.co/watch?v=i0F3SW...eature=related

Old 02-26-2012, 10:27 AM

Car: 89 rs
Engine: 2.8 v6
Transmission: M/t
Axle/Gears: 5 Speed Manual

i got a new HolySh^t moment. Last night i was going to the movies, i was picking up my date. it was a pretty big city and there was this road in dead center town that was filled with blackice hiding itself. i was going 35 because i knew trouble was lurking. then all of a sudden my car losses grip and it revs up so i knew trouble was close. then my car starts fish whipping until i went completey to my left and shipped back to the lane. i almost crashed a post if i wouldnt have whipped it back. i didnt like it but im thinking forza motorsport has its tequniques to teach because i learned that move lol. im lucky too because i only have liability insurance :0 nooo!!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by GreenCamaro13
im thinking forza motorsport has its tequniques to teach because i learned that move lol. im lucky too because i only have liability insurance :0 nooo!!!!
I know right!!! Forza has learned its 3rdgen drivers [in simulation world] how to recover in various situations.

-I pull off [driver modded] skilled recoveries in my drifting all the time. :drive:

--I hate how the physics have changed from F-3 to F-4...
Old 02-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Supreme Member

One time I was running blocker, in my black T/A, for a semi running coors beer from Texas to Georgia when I ran across a crazy sherriff that chased me through three states. I don't want to give too much of the story away because I'm thinking about selling the movie rights. I've also written a song about the whole adventure.
i thought about doing that with my old delorean, myself and a very good friend of mine who is i guess youd say a doctor/inventor we've had some adventures in that car
Old 03-20-2012, 05:07 PM

Car: 82 TransAm (45,000 original miles)
Engine: 305 TBI Cross-Fire
Transmission: 3 speed automatic

I've got one. I pulled onto a two lane highway and began to accelerate. Once I reached about 50 I reached over to hit a button on my stereo. The automatic shift **** hadn't engaged and was sort of "in-between gears" when my arm came up against the **** it shifted straight through to reverse. Don't let anyone tell you that a car cant shift to reverse when at a high speed. I left 3 streak marks, two on the road and one in my pants.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:07 PM

Car: gunmetal 88 gta 98 yamaha vmax
Engine: l98
Axle/Gears: bw 9 bolt 327

i cant leave a parking lot or turn from a stop on wet roads without the *** kickin around my second gear upshift is jedi like....

Last edited by salem85; 04-07-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 GTA/93 S13/91 Si
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4

Originally Posted by salem85
i cant leave a parking lot or turn from a stop on wet roads without the *** kickin around my second gear upshit is jedi like....
jedi like..
Old 04-07-2012, 01:38 AM

Car: gunmetal 88 gta 98 yamaha vmax
Engine: l98
Axle/Gears: bw 9 bolt 327

yup cause the friggin force is with that transmission lol its schwarts is strong
Old 04-07-2012, 11:53 PM

One time I was chasing two guys in a black 68 charger through the streets of San Fransisco, in my 68 rustang, ramping over the hills in the streets. When we got outside of town, the charger wiped out, flipped, hitting a gas station and exploded. I then slid my rustang sideways at a high rate of speed, nearly tearing the front wheel off the car! This all lasted about 9 minutes. Talk about Holy Cow Sh*t!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Supreme Member

i work for the san fran transit authority, we have footage recorded form surveillance cameras here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUnPg...eature=related if you are the man in this film we will be contacting you shorty to file formal charges

Quick Reply: Post your "Holy ***T" moments lol