Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

ZZ5.0 vs Turbo Cavalier...damn kids and their excuses,lol.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Supreme Member

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
Car: 1988 camaro "SS"/ 1991 305/T5
Engine: 383 LT1 in progress/LT1TBI 355 soon
Transmission: Probuilt 700R4 3600 stall/ T5
Axle/Gears: Moser axles, 3.42 Eaton Posi
ZZ5.0 vs Turbo Cavalier...damn kids and their excuses,lol.

Thought I'd share a little race I had last night. Here's how it all started........

Last week a friend of mine blew up his G35 by being a dumbass (same G35 that I put the hurtin' on a while back) and he posted the carnage on Facebook. Well me and a friend of mine were trying to convince him to drop an LSX in that thing and call it a day when a mutual aquintaince of ours started spouting off that his Turbo Cavalier ran a 13.96 in the quarter and has no problem wasting big V8's. Now myself trying to be diplomatic stated that I couldn't believe he ran that time and I wanted to see the slip to prove it. He then proceeds to call me out and says he would stomp my ***. I say fine we can line'em up and see who the best man is and we scheduled it for last night.

fast forward to last night....I head up to the local hangout to catch up to the kid i'm racing. I made it perfectly clear that I just wanted it to be me and him, do our run then bounce. I didn't want the whole damn parking lot following us out there to get us busted due to the fact I've already had to pay a 400 dollar street racing ticket and I didn't want my car to get towed. Then one of his tweeker *** glass d1ck sucking buddies proceeds to say my car is a piece of shiz and his Acura would have no problem kicking my ***. Needless to say he damn near got the a$$whoopin of his life but my main focus was the Cavy, not him.

We head out to where we normally go out and run and we have a perfect quarter mile marked out. (i've even gone out the with a professional roller and measured the distance twice to be sure.) I get there first and wait for the kid to show up all the while still listening to the tweeker spout off at the mouoth about how my piece of crap V8 is gonna get smoked by a tuner car.The Cavy finally shows up and we line them up. He does his best impression of a John Force burnout and I just dust off the Nitto's. The guy who lined us up, lifted his hands and we were off and immediately I had a 5 car jump on the kid and by the end of the line I had about a 6 car lead on him. So we pull over at the end and I say "good run man i'm out" and he was like ok cool. As I pull out on the main road the Sheriff's roll in 3 deep with a tow truck riding shot gun. Luckily I wasn't racing and I was on my way out so I didn't even get pulled over.

Ofcourse I get back to the hangout and tweeker boy didn't have a damn thing to say to me anymore but ofcourse Cavy boy and his buddies tried to say I jumped when in fact i "tree'd" him. dude who dropped his hands even said I just caught him slipping. I left when dude's hands were about 3/4 of the way down. even then it wouldnt have mattered. He comes up and says "oh my boost is leaking and I bogged out of the hole"...excuses excuses,lol. I asked him twice if he didn't think it was fair let's line'em again and go for it. He quickly declined and said "nah bro I'm good" lol. So in closing I'm going to try again for a rematch just to make his buddies shut they're mouths. Sorry so long just thought I'd share.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1982 Trans Am, 1986 Gmc sierra
Transmission: 700r4
Re: ZZ5.0 vs Turbo Cavalier...damn kids and their excuses,lol.

rarely do fwd tuners ever have any clue what they are doing. Just throwing money away, their times are never consistent, and theyre cars are never reliable, we dont play around where i come from. If somebody calls my car a piece of ****, i take serious offense to that.

you can avoid dumb people by keeping cash in your pocket, if your fast, put your money where your mouth is.

good kill though,. you invested in a 305 and you seem to like the results, im using a 350 now, but next week ill be pulling it and putting the fresh 305 in with my new blower, xe 270 cam/lifter combo. comp roller tip rocker arms/ and springs. ported/bowl blended factory heads. msd boost timing controller/hei igntion, etc etc etc.