Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Got in an arguement with a rice patty!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 convertible built 3/1/1990
Engine: Cammed 6.0L LSX
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: custom Ford 8.8", 4.10 gears
Re: Got in an arguement with a rice patty!

The fact that he said he "beats Camaros and Mustangs, and stuck with WRXs", should tell you he's a complete moron.

How would you beat two cars and then tie with another car that is slower than the first two?
Old 02-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1994 Z28
Engine: 355 LT1
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Originally Posted by Kevin Lee 487
Thats because Thirdgens are relatively cheap. A nice 4th gen will run you 8k+ but the 2nd gens are a sad excuse of slow in comparison to their engine sizes.

A nice thirdgen can be found for 4-5k depending on which model you choose. ( I think GTAs are the most expensive due to them being the flashiest ) and the majority of them have 5.0 V8s. So naturally, the driver will support what they think is their " crowd " and hate the rival crowd.

A good example. A local 18yr old kid previously had a 4th gen Camaro with a 3.4L V6. Now, he has a 94 Mustang GT. Now, he acts like Mustangs are the greatest cars in existence ( even going as far as to claim the 2012 Shelby has the most powerful V8 on the planet. I politely pointed him toward SSC's Ultimate Aero. Twin Turbo'd 6.3L V8 producing almost double that of the 2012 Shelby. And it weighs as much as a Ford Focus to boot. ) and calling me a GM fanboy because I told him that Mustangs are nothing special and they are slow.

I also brought up the fact that aside from the Fox Body Mustangs and the current 5.0 Mustang, they have been utterly smoked by a Camaro at the equivalent trim level. As well as pointing out that 1993 and up, it takes a a Cobra Mustang to run even with a Camaro/Trans Am. Even went as far as to express my disappointment in GM for such a miniscule improvement with the 2010 Camaro over the LS1 Camaro / Trans Am ( Im also unhappy with them for discontinuing Pontiac. That was a poor decision IMO ) and praised Ford for making much better progress from the 3v 4.6L V8 in the previous Mustang.

Immediately after this, he runs off at the mouth about my car and how its garbage, blah blah blah. I asked him if he realized that he is comparing my 1988 to a almost 10 year newer car, and despite the time difference, is still slower than my " garbage *** fake pansy V8 " I don't think he realized that it is for all intents and purposes, a CORVETTE engine. I mean, I can compare my GTA to a 77 Mustang if I wanted to be an equally large douchebag, but at least my newer car would be faster.

Its extremely hard to find someone who legitimately likes cars and isn't biased as ****. At least around here anyway.

Back on topic though, a good chunk of younger kids think V8 = muscle. Muscle's direct " enemy " is tuners/ricers. So a cheap V8? Old Camaro. They get an older V8 and automatically assume they're part of the muscle crowd and start hating on tuners / ricers. ( everyone should hate ricers though. Yes, Im talking about that 4cyl Saturn S-Series with tints, removed hubcaps, fogged tail lights and a fart can that attempts to haul *** around my neighborhood blasting rap with blown speakers )

Me personally? I'd drive my thirdgen off a bridge and into a pit of fire if I could have a 70-71 Plymouth 426/440 Hemi 'Cuda. And no, I wouldn't sell it for the ridiculous prices they go for. ( I think a convertible Cuda goes for over 2 million )
You make some valid points but if you browse these sections you see the younger guys bashing the imports. I don't really run my mouth, I have never owned anything worth bragging over (couple of 12 and 13 second third gens and a bolt on LT1 4th gen). Heck, I'm actually coming up on finishing a drive train that I expect to make mid 9 second passes when it's all dialed in... yet I still won't run my mouth because their is a early 90's honda that goes to that same track that traps 165 MPH.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 5.7L V8
Transmission: 700r4 with TransGo shift kit.
Axle/Gears: 3.73 with locker

Picture of my "rice sucks" sticker that I hand custom made for the back of my 97 WS6 Firebird. Instead of the Honda's revving their engines to try to race me at red lights, I was getting 1 finger salutes...lol
Attached Thumbnails Got in an arguement with a rice patty!-2941376_4_full.jpg   Got in an arguement with a rice patty!-hpim2436-3-.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by dem74
Picture of my "rice sucks" sticker that I hand custom made for the back of my 97 WS6 Firebird. Instead of the Honda's revving their engines to try to race me at red lights, I was getting 1 finger salutes...lol
Still don't understand the hate. I know I am playing devil's advocate here but I'm sure their are plenty of rice burners in your area that could make you and your sticker look silly. I can refer you to a 72mm fed 2 liter if you are ever in NJ.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:29 AM

I don't have hate. I dislike ricers...alot, but no hate. If you think that a "rice burner" could make me and my sticker look silly, we may have two very different ideas on what a rice burner is.

"Rice burners" in my area consist of 95hp honda civics with plastic body kits held on by rivets, lighted windshield washers on the hood, an erector set on trunk that looks like a wing and an exhaust pipe so big that it scrapes on every set of railroad tracks.

If I still had my 4th gen in that pic, I would be more than happy to meet your 72mm fed 2 liter on the track.

My best time slip:
1/4 mile 1/8 mile 60 ft.
11.397 @ 120.96 mph 7.346 @ 96.71 mph 1.750

I don't feel that I had anything to be ashamed of and displayed my sticker proudly.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:46 AM

I don't have hate. I dislike ricers...alot, but no hate. If you think that a "rice burner" could make me and my sticker look silly, we may have two very different ideas on what a rice burner is.

"Rice burners" in my area consist of 95hp honda civics with plastic body kits held on by rivets, lighted windshield washers on the hood, an erector set on trunk that looks like a wing and an exhaust pipe so big that it scrapes on every set of railroad tracks.

If I still had my 4th gen in that pic, I would be more than happy to meet your 72mm fed 2 liter on the track.

My best time slip:
1/4 mile 1/8 mile 60 ft.

I don't feel that I had anything to be ashamed of and displayed my sticker proudly.
What sticker? A Bow Tie on the back window?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 209 Likes on 166 Posts
Car: 1984 Trans Am L69
Engine: Sniper EFI Powered 355
Transmission: WC T5 w/ Steel Support Plate
Axle/Gears: 3.42 10 Bolt Posi

Originally Posted by evilemokid94
hmmm, i spy a honda magna 750 , i have one in my garage i need to get a new battery for and new tail lights since the plastic ones broke.
Yup you see one of my favorite V4s my 1982 Honda Magna V45. I restored it from the frame up and I loved every second of it. Next to it I have my 2010 VFR1200 V4 and my 1986 VFR750F V4 that I am restoring. New taillights are readily available online. Check www.v4hondabbs.com for more info.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:21 PM

Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: th350
Axle/Gears: 3:43

im not for or against hondas bit i know in my town hondas dont talk the most **** they keep somewhat truthful the mustang **** are the big **** talkers one kid has a cobra the kid twin turboed it and thinks it will do 6s in the 1/4 at vegas and phoenix
Old 02-19-2012, 10:57 PM

Car: 87 Camaro
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 2.73

That needs to be put into a dictionary lol. Around here there are kids with these cars that will try to race anyone who stops next to them at a stop light. But, it is a good feeling when I can put a punk in his place with my little 5 speed 4 cyl. colorado
Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 AM
Supreme Member

My best time slip:
1/4 mile 1/8 mile 60 ft.

Very impressive indeed. That Honda could shut down at the 1/8th and still take you at the trap.

I am not trying to stir up a fight of import vs domestic but not everybody with an import is a slouch. As far as I'm concerned the Honda scene is no different than the Camaro scene. Plenty of bolt on third and fourth gens that think they have the fastest thing cruising the street. IMO the 4th gen owners are the biggest d-bags out there (ironically I fit in that category)

But I've come to terms with my car and accept that much faster things exist. Heck, I'm still putting together a drive train that is expected to dip into the 9's at full weight and I still wouldn't run my mouth.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:55 AM

Ha...I totally agree. There are/is much faster cars out there than what I had. And, I am not just picking on the Honda guys. Most of the other import cars in my area are the same way...total d-bags and they think their car is fast.

I just was next to a 1997 ish Hyundai Tiburon this past weekend. This guy cars was just a huge joke. Ridiculous spoiler, wheels spray painted flat black and peeling, big ole coffee can hanging out the back. He was revving it up and it sounded like he was ready to cut down a tree.

After revving back...we both launched hard at the green light.

He saw nothing but taillights from my 2009 4 cylinder Chevy Malibu...hahahaha
Old 02-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 88 IROC, 76 Malibu Classic
Engine: 350 TPI, 350
Transmission: 700R4, 4-speed
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt ????

Originally Posted by wwwyzzerdd
im more into american muscle, but ive always liked the old toyotas, i have an 86 toyota pickup, with a 4cyl 22r motor and its been very reliable, it has 426,000 miles on it, all ive ever had to do on it was the regular oil changes, replaced the spark plugs and tires, its been driven to florida and back twice and to dallas from shreveport, la several times, ive had it since i was 16, so around 6 years, and have put 130,000 on it since i got it, its only a 90hp motor lol, but its a reliable ride
I had a very similar truck with 157k on it, bought it from a friend for 150 bucks, I don't know why in the hell I ever sold that thing. they really are good trucks.

As for Hondas they make decent cars, but usually aren't modded very tastefully. If I was to buy a Honda it would be of the 2 wheel variety, whether it be a harley look alike or a dual purpose, but for now I'll enjoy my suzuki sp400. There are a lot of people in every car "scene" that run there mouth.

Last edited by chevyracingrox; 02-20-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Supreme Member

Ha...I totally agree. There are/is much faster cars out there than what I had. And, I am not just picking on the Honda guys. Most of the other import cars in my area are the same way...total d-bags and they think their car is fast.

I just was next to a 1997 ish Hyundai Tiburon this past weekend. This guy cars was just a huge joke. Ridiculous spoiler, wheels spray painted flat black and peeling, big ole coffee can hanging out the back. He was revving it up and it sounded like he was ready to cut down a tree.

After revving back...we both launched hard at the green light.

He saw nothing but taillights from my 2009 4 cylinder Chevy Malibu...hahahaha
haha... got a few of those around here. But it's those people who make our 3rd and 4th gens seem so fast
I can't figure it out, nobody ever plays with me when I'm in my bolt on/gears 94 z28 but every time I'm in my buddies mazda mx6 with a fart cannon (which he has on their as a joke) some d-bag always tries to pass him.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:21 PM

Yup...same things ALWAYS happens to me. Nobody is ever around when I am out driving the Trans Am. But every trip to the mall with the kids in the wife's minivan and there is a ***** that wants to run green light to green light.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:59 PM

Car: 1986 Monte SS
Engine: 383 Stroker
Transmission: 4 Speed Saginaw
Axle/Gears: 3:73 Eaton Locker

A friend of mine at work has a son that is into tuning big time, He had a 1998 honda v-tech, he was always talking about how many cars he beat with that thing I just thought "yea right" then one day he brought it to the shop, popped the hood and there was twin turbos, some special head that cost 2 grand, a roll cage, nitrous, and all kinds of other goodies that are not on my 383 powered Monte SS!
He took me for a ride in that hollowed out pop can, and holly s**t! 95 mph in 2nd gear with 3 to go! banged 3rd-115mph, banged 4th-speedo maxed out, banged 5th with the nitrous simultaniously and WAAAHOOO I could not get the smile off my face! I was totally blown away! There was not enough freeway for us, we coasted about 2 miles just to get that thing woed down! It was shaking, vibrating, squealing, smoking and still ripping......I have a new respect for some of these ricers, but you couldn't give me 3 of them for my Monte!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:55 PM

I agree totally. Not everyone with an import car is a "*****". I had the same experience with a younger kid that is a friend of my brother that built a Toyota supra. He had crazy money in this car, and it was beautiful! Twin turbos and an intercooler the size of my couch. He had like $15,000 in the drive train alone. That car was also stupid fast and he would have smoked my Trans am on the strip or street.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 Chevy Camaro Iroc-Z
Engine: just an empty hole. LS1 coming soon
Transmission: nothing there either. T-56 soon!
Axle/Gears: soon Moser 9 bolt

I agree with dem74 100%. Seems like once someone sees an import done all up with high rise wings, 5" mufflers, stickers on every window, that any import after that is a POS. Many american can owners do the same thing to theirs. I hate how people just bash on the tuners because they saw one awful looking car. Many thirdgens are POS but then you have the select few who own a 500HP beast.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1987 TA GTA, 1987 IROC 1988 Formula
Engine: 350 tpi/305 tpi/350 tbi
Transmission: All have 700r4's
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt with 3:73's

Tuners stereotype is ricers, and thirdgens is rednecks. We all lose
Old 02-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by shortyskater
I agree with dem74 100%. Seems like once someone sees an import done all up with high rise wings, 5" mufflers, stickers on every window, that any import after that is a POS. Many american can owners do the same thing to theirs. I hate how people just bash on the tuners because they saw one awful looking car. Many thirdgens are POS but then you have the select few who own a 500HP beast.
It's like that with every vehicle brand... I've read on here kids talking up their pretty much stock 305s. I've heard kids talk up their intake/exhaust 1.8 liter Honda. I've heard old guys brag about their pretty much stock Chevelles/Novas. I've heard people talk about their stock LT1s/LS1s... fox bodies. You name it.
And I have heard cars that deserved to be talked up but when you confront the owner he won't tell you anything.

What's fast to one person might not necessarily be fast to another person. I think any car worthy of running in the 13's or faster on pump fuel deserves some respect.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by zraffz
any car worthy of running in the 11's or faster on pump fuel deserves some respect.
LMAO!!! Your kidding...right???

--I fixed it for you.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by patin88z
LMAO!!! Your kidding...right???

--I fixed it for you.
Have you been in an 11 second car on local streets? Not sure about you but when I'm in something sideways at 60 mph I am not very comfortable.

If you really want to get into it though, 11's on pump fuel isn't impressive