Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Why do people always give me bad looks when I go by?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Why do people always give me bad looks when I go by?

i had a flowmaster 80 series behind my 305 ...hated it and cut the entire exhaust off when i put headers on. Headers + dumps were crazy loud and i have no idea how i didnt get a ticket. Now its got a nice 2.5 in exhaust no cat and a stock muffler. Sounds good to me ... subtle power is much more impressive then loud in my opinion
Old 10-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 25th anv camaro rs
Engine: 305 tbi
Axle/Gears: 3.08s non posi

Originally Posted by ejmcdona
i had a flowmaster 80 series behind my 305 ...hated it and cut the entire exhaust off when i put headers on. Headers + dumps were crazy loud and i have no idea how i didnt get a ticket. Now its got a nice 2.5 in exhaust no cat and a stock muffler. Sounds good to me ... subtle power is much more impressive then loud in my opinion

Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 AM

Car: 89 RS Camaro
Engine: fuel injected 2.8 6 cyl
Transmission: Automatic
Axle/Gears: Stock crap

Originally Posted by UnderCover89TBI
same thing with me. i give em the bird and a dirty look back. what are they gon do.
usually I cant see the expressions on peoples faces, as they are all a blur. lol JK. but whenever someone waves one hand downward and makes it look like they are having what I term a "slowdown seizure" the best thing to do Is smile like a madman and wave hello. they will think you are nuts and leave you alone.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vulcanravenxvg
usually I cant see the expressions on peoples faces, as they are all a blur. lol JK. but whenever someone waves one hand downward and makes it look like they are having what I term a "slowdown seizure" the best thing to do Is smile like a madman and wave hello. they will think you are nuts and leave you alone.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:38 AM

Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73

I got pulled over right after a stop light. i didnt even squeal the tires or anything i just stopped on it and got to the speed limit of 45 mph rather quickly. i didnt make it 200 feet and the lights behind me lit up and i got pulled over... he said i was driving recklessly and gave me a ticket. i was sooo pissed off, but fought it at court and ended up with a 3rd gen firebird owner as my judge haha and i got off for my reckless acceleration hahahah... i think he was just mad that his cop car sounded like crap..
Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 PM

Car: 86 Z28
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42 posi

Originally Posted by mtflyboy
I got pulled over right after a stop light. i didnt even squeal the tires or anything i just stopped on it and got to the speed limit of 45 mph rather quickly. i didnt make it 200 feet and the lights behind me lit up and i got pulled over... he said i was driving recklessly and gave me a ticket. i was sooo pissed off, but fought it at court and ended up with a 3rd gen firebird owner as my judge haha and i got off for my reckless acceleration hahahah... i think he was just mad that his cop car sounded like crap..
Old 10-19-2009, 02:22 PM

Car: '89 IROC 126K 2nd owner.
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.08 limited slip w/ aluminum shaft
Neighbor down the street keyed up my car.. for speeding?

Hello all, I've owned an 89 IROC 305 TPI with the T5 for about 3 months now. My friend from Australia had found it and instead of shipping it back home offered it to me for what it cost him .. it's a great find that's in great shape and I'm enjoying the process of getting it back into prime condition.
Earlier this summer while my friend was still driving it, a neighbor up the street ran out in front of his car and started yelling at him for speeding on our street. Just like what you're dealing with, he'd never gone over 25 in our neighborhood, it's just the sound of the car that's making this dude think he's driving dangerously.
Now that I own it, the worst thing I do is drift downhill past this guy's house in 1st at about 20 mph - I'm not trying to be annoying, I just prefer using the engine to the brake. Aside from that, I do punch the throttle a bit sometimes while in neutral. The car is all stock except for an MSD ignition kit and RBob's EBL Flash computer (that computer got this IROC to run incredibly smooth compared to how it was when I got it!).
Anyways, last week I find that my car has been keyed down to the ****ing metal on both doors and on the back in a few spots. I covered the scratches up right away and filed a police report. I'm not going to do anything brash, but I am going to do something about this eventually. I rent my place, but that guy owns his house (as well as a dormant porche and a new honda element).
About two years ago a neighbor of mine had a disagreement with this same dude whom I suspect of keying my car at the stop sign on our street. A few days later he found a huge key scratch on his Range Rover. Another note I should add that points to this guy - the other day when I started up my car I could see in my side-view mirror that this dude was standing in the street, staring at my car for a bit. He was pretty far away, so I wonder if he knows that I suspect him. Anyways, just thought I'd add this story as an anecdote of when a thirdgen pisses someone off a little more than usual.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:09 PM

Car: 90 z28
Engine: 355 with hsr
Transmission: t56
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi

i expect attention, and never look back. those that like your car go farther out of their way, than those you annoy, to get your attention. they honk.. so you gotta look and they give you a thumb and a smile. people that are mad mutter stuff and go about their business.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:32 PM

Car: 1988 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 350TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3:27

haha, I never get rude comments in my GTA. I never get people trying to race me. Its always people breaking their necks to look, or a thumbs up. Im 17 btw.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:45 AM

Car: 88 TPI formula
Engine: L98 Vortech
Transmission: TH700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.27

+1 to that.
people have rights to do what they like, but they don't have rights to intrude on other people's rights. e.g. i dont want to hear loud rap music in my face all the time, or someone else's harley's straight pipes, or flowmasters. or a loud party outdoors late at night...
sure, you deal with it, but it's not your right to push your noises into their ears. or vice versa, loud pipes ...take it to the strip, its fine there.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:20 AM

Car: 86 Iroc-Z28 Camaro/84 BMW M Power
Engine: 350TPI/ S50
Transmission: t-5 five speed/ 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.42 posi/ 3.73LSD

Originally Posted by turbosbox
+1 to that.
people have rights to do what they like, but they don't have rights to intrude on other people's rights. e.g. i dont want to hear loud rap music in my face all the time, or someone else's harley's straight pipes, or flowmasters. or a loud party outdoors late at night...
sure, you deal with it, but it's not your right to push your noises into their ears. or vice versa, loud pipes ...take it to the strip, its fine there.
What you say doesn't make sense. You say people have the right to do what they like, then you say that they can't be loud in public. well sorry to say you can not expect quite in public. Now when your in your own house in private you can make it as quite as you want. but when your in public, people can be as loud as they want. You can't demand what is impossible!

Also i personally enjoy the sound of a excessivly loud bike and i made my truck as loud as i possibly can be, and people who have loud cars are A OK in my book.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1986 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 97 LT1 W/ Alot of goodies.
Transmission: 4L60E W/ Yank SS3600
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9 Bolt BW

Originally Posted by BigBadGTA
haha, I never get rude comments in my GTA. I never get people trying to race me. Its always people breaking their necks to look, or a thumbs up. Im 17 btw.
Im a year older and its kinda opposite for me, not on rude comments but people trying to race me and its always rice burners with fart cannons louder than what i blow when i had some bean burritos. I do tend to mess around with the rice burners alot. guess that explains why im always running out of gas
Old 10-23-2009, 11:34 AM

Car: 86 IROC
Engine: 350 Miniram
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Problem is, people think they own the world and what they do is the only right thing. Only they're the ignorant people. People have to understand that there needs to be tolerance. Especially if you live in crowded neighborhoods or suburbs.

Nobody is the same. Some people like Harleys. I don't. Some people like mountain biking. If the bike doesn't have a motor on it then that's a no for me as well. But I understand that nobody is like me. That's why we call each other individuals.

I tolerate the tons of Harleys that romp on it going down the street to the local biker bar. I hate the fact that I feel like a criminal whenever I ride my Banshee. I'm just trying to have fun like everyone else on the planet. Just I do it in my own way. With reasonable respect and common sense.

Unfortunately, lifted 4x4 trucks, Banshee's, and fast cars are intimidating to most god fearing, tax paying (without question), law abiding (without question), non combattive, conflict avoiding, suburbanites who rule the world from the comfort of their home and their reality TV, Myspace, and Twitter. They feel safe by avoiding actual human contact.

And as soon as something out of the ordanary appears "out of the box" (TV, Computer), they don't understand it so they fear it. And fear breeds hate. And hate created laws against it. So they can feel comfortable again in their selfish, closed minded world.

Of corse, there's the few who ruin it for everyone rule. But if everyone is afraid to make contact and teach that person, NOT YELL, AND SCREAM, AND BAN IT ALL TOGETHER, then we shall live blindly and under harsh law forever.

So i'll leave you with my story. One day I was following a 4th gen v6 stocker down a subarb street. We came up to a crossing guard while doing the speed limit. The guard pays no attention to the quiet car as it passes by him. But as soon as I approach, the arms start flailing and the person starts jumping up and down.

So I slow down and ask whats his problem. He yells at me to slow down because there are children present. I asked him if he noticed the car in front of me. He said he did but he wasn't speeding. Then I ask him, "So then how could I be speeding if I was following him?" And then there's that moment of silence while the light bulb over his head slowly starts to glow and before he could answer I pull away and say, "Bye."

Do what you like. Do it within reason and common sense. Inform others who don't understand. And ignore the ignorant.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:03 PM

Car: 95 Z85 S10, 99 Formula
Engine: 4.3 CPI , LS1
Transmission: NV3500, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.08, 3.42

Originally Posted by s10irocspikes
Problem is, people think they own the world and what they do is the only right thing. Only they're the ignorant people. People have to understand that there needs to be tolerance. Especially if you live in crowded neighborhoods or suburbs.

Nobody is the same. Some people like Harleys. I don't. Some people like mountain biking. If the bike doesn't have a motor on it then that's a no for me as well. But I understand that nobody is like me. That's why we call each other individuals.

I tolerate the tons of Harleys that romp on it going down the street to the local biker bar. I hate the fact that I feel like a criminal whenever I ride my Banshee. I'm just trying to have fun like everyone else on the planet. Just I do it in my own way. With reasonable respect and common sense.

Unfortunately, lifted 4x4 trucks, Banshee's, and fast cars are intimidating to most god fearing, tax paying (without question), law abiding (without question), non combattive, conflict avoiding, suburbanites who rule the world from the comfort of their home and their reality TV, Myspace, and Twitter. They feel safe by avoiding actual human contact.

And as soon as something out of the ordanary appears "out of the box" (TV, Computer), they don't understand it so they fear it. And fear breeds hate. And hate created laws against it. So they can feel comfortable again in their selfish, closed minded world.

Of corse, there's the few who ruin it for everyone rule. But if everyone is afraid to make contact and teach that person, NOT YELL, AND SCREAM, AND BAN IT ALL TOGETHER, then we shall live blindly and under harsh law forever.

So i'll leave you with my story. One day I was following a 4th gen v6 stocker down a subarb street. We came up to a crossing guard while doing the speed limit. The guard pays no attention to the quiet car as it passes by him. But as soon as I approach, the arms start flailing and the person starts jumping up and down.

So I slow down and ask whats his problem. He yells at me to slow down because there are children present. I asked him if he noticed the car in front of me. He said he did but he wasn't speeding. Then I ask him, "So then how could I be speeding if I was following him?" And then there's that moment of silence while the light bulb over his head slowly starts to glow and before he could answer I pull away and say, "Bye."

Do what you like. Do it within reason and common sense. Inform others who don't understand. And ignore the ignorant.
couldn't have said it better myself.

although unfortunately the ones that don't/won't understand tend to be ignorant
Old 10-23-2009, 12:41 PM

Well put S10IrocSpikes. Tolorance was what i was trying to get to in my rant. LOL. Your Post is the best peice of writing i've seen on here, and your views are much like my own. You have my Respect.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Supreme Member

Received 373 Likes on 302 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42

Originally Posted by ZZ42Fast
Totally agree. By flicking birds at people and staring them out in a loud car is not going to get the thirdgen community any support. You know thirdgens are still regarded as ******* cars right? I was hoping this kind of BA youth attitude had moved onto 4th gens and people who had 3rd gens were enthusiasts, in it for the long haul.

Also some of the grammer on this board is shocking.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:56 PM

Car: 86 Z28
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42 posi

I had never really had much trouble while driving my car but, 2 days ago when i got the new transmission in i was just going around the block slowly cause i thought i overfilled it a little and needed to warm it up. It was not dark out just a little overcast, i go around the block, turn to head back in and see a cop going past me the other way, all of a sudden i see him whip around, i already went around the corner and he flys up behind me, i was going about 15 mph(didn't want fluid to get air bubbles in it) and flashes his lights at me. I thought WTF did i do, he comes up and says my lights arent on, (it wasn't even remotely dark out, i did only have the parking lights on). He looks at my record and sees that i don't have any bad stuff on it, this was the first time i have been pulled over and i'm 18. So he just says to make sure my lights work. He was still kinda an a-hole about it, if i would have been in my grand am i doubt he would have pulled me over.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:40 PM

Car: 88 TPI formula
Engine: L98 Vortech
Transmission: TH700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Originally Posted by Iroc-Z28Man
What you say doesn't make sense. You say people have the right to do what they like, then you say that they can't be loud in public. well sorry to say you can not expect quite in public. Now when your in your own house in private you can make it as quite as you want. but when your in public, people can be as loud as they want. You can't demand what is impossible!

Also i personally enjoy the sound of a excessivly loud bike and i made my truck as loud as i possibly can be, and people who have loud cars are A OK in my book.
people can be as loud as they want in public? it's called disturbing the peace
I'm sure you wouldn't mind jahova's witnesses knocking at your door to wake you up daily, tolerance you know
Old 10-23-2009, 10:21 PM

NOT many "jahova" witness come to my house they see all my cars and truck and judge me be for they get to my door. And yes people can be as loud as they want if they were being too loud its a police matter, not a matter for crazy old waving their hand in the air like a retard. In my opinion Tolerance goes both ways i don't get annoyed when minivans blaze by me doing 80+mph on the highway, so when i am alittle to loud those same people shouldn't yell and holler at me. but that is a perfect world and we don't live in that world.

If it make all you H8Rs happy just call us loud people cRaZy!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Banned

NOT many "jahova" witness come to my house they see all my cars and truck and judge me be for they get to my door. And yes people can be as loud as they want if they were being too loud its a police matter, not a matter for crazy old waving their hand in the air like a retard. In my opinion Tolerance goes both ways i don't get annoyed when minivans blaze by me doing 80+mph on the highway, so when i am alittle to loud those same people shouldn't yell and holler at me. but that is a perfect world and we don't live in that world.

If it make all you H8Rs happy just call us loud people cRaZy!
ok crazy loud cars are ok to me to, just i dont want one
Old 10-24-2009, 07:49 PM

Car: '82 Camaro
Engine: 383
Transmission: TKO 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 31 spline 9" with 4.56:1

I've got a few years on most here, enough to say I was around when anyone with any kind of Hot Rod with loud pipes was classified by the public as some kind of hoodlum... Justifed or not.

We had to put up with a lot of harrassment from cops, and not just a ticket every now and then.. Cops got away with a lot more years ago...many had a radiator hose wrapped around their billy club, that way it didn't leave marks when they whacked you in the back of the legs...

But anyway, we endured it and we changed...Quieted our cars down, found empty highways to play our games on, and behaved in town... We also learned to confuse the public....proceeds from our car shows went to charities, we used our cars to haul Christmas presents in the Toys for Tots drives, and a host of other things..

Eventually we overcame the bad image by proving to people that we were Hot Rodders and not a bunch of punks out looking for trouble. Things changed and people actually grew to respect us....

I'll tell you what the general public sees: They don't know a 3rd Gen from a Honda Civic and they don't care... Whether it's 450 horse thumper in a Camaro or a ***** with a fart can, if it's loud and obnoxious sounding they don't like it...

So, do one of two things.... Either keep exercising your right to run around at 4,000 rpm with cheap trashy sounding glasspacks because you think it's your "right"... (driving is a privelege, not a right....the state can quite easily revoke your privilege). When the general public again turns hateful towards Hot Rodders, then the REAL harrassment will began...Only nowadays the people doing the complaining can probably legislate us right off the highway!!!! It can and could happen, it's already getting that way in some places!!!!!!

The second choice and IMO a far better option is that we all police ourselves.... Run a quieter set of pipes, leave the headers and dumps closed, buy a good performance muffler(s) instead of the glasspacks..... Join or start a car club that puts on a couple charity events within the community. Next time you have a car show, invite the Chief of Police to pick a Policeman's Choice and award the trophy....

Trust me, you don't want things to go back to the way they used to be!!!! When we all began to show respect for the community we live in, and actually become involved in making it better instead of just complaining about how they're "out to get me" life as a Hot Rodder gets to be a lot more fun!!!!!

Unfortunately, we are all judged by the unfavorable actions of a few... Of course it's not right but you're not going to change it!!!! When someone is getting crazy and making way too much noise in his car, it's a reflection on all of us.... and when the public gets fed up with the noise and outrageous acts, the law is going to come crashing down on all of us!!!! For me, it's a case of deja vu all over again!!!! I, for one, don't want to relive the bad days for fast cars.......

Think about it next time you're out... You want to make noise and go fast, bring it out to the track where the fast cars play!!!! When you're on the street, keep the noise down and drive friendly!!!!
Old 10-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Supreme Member

Received 373 Likes on 302 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42

AMEN TO THAT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Radical82, right on!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 91 R/S , 89 dodge p/u
Engine: L31 GM crate re-cammed , 318
Transmission: T-5 , 4 speed auto
Axle/Gears: 3.42 , ?

AMEN TO THAT
Old 10-24-2009, 08:59 PM

Car: 1987 Iroc Z 1990 RS 1991 RS
Engine: 454 soon 496
Transmission: Soon T56
Axle/Gears: 308 Posi

Yea i get alot of dirty looks with my camaro i bought it 2 years ago. I am 25 years old working at a sheriff's dept. Loud pipes ect... Its how i like it i don't drive like a maniac its just loud. I had a few people tell me to grow up. Its like Come on peeps its my car and your telling me to grow up because i have a camaro thats loud. What us older folks can't have loud cars??? I guess you have to be 18 years old or younger to drive sporty cars. Even had my job harass me a bit about it. But you know what i ignore them because its not going to get me to sell it. So just word of advice just smile b/c some people are jealous we actually own camaros and there to broke or have wifes that won't let them have one. SO they like to harass us TGOS.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: '89 RS, '89 Iroc
Engine: L03, LB9
Transmission: 700r4, T5
Axle/Gears: 2.73, 3.08

got the same problem here, stangs will chase me down and im in an all stock 89 rs with bad paint and stock exhaust, but they still wanna prove they can beat me

i do think its funny when i do acknowledge some of the stang drivers (because almost all stangs even the 4cyl have slicks and skinnies, and everyone thinks they are fast because of that,i take my chance and sometimes my wimpy 305 whoops on um...lol

but yes even i get dirty looks with my all stock very low sounding rs, i had an old guy yell at me when i was coming to a stop sign going 10mph,he was screaming at the top of his lungs and waving theres a stop sign you idiot!, i just laughed came to a stop and did a nice long burnout to **** him off
Old 10-29-2009, 08:13 PM

Car: 1986 IROC-Z
Engine: 420HP ZZ4 350
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 4:11's

I dont have any body give me bad looks when im driving my camaro. I usually get the thumbs up and hear them say NICE CAR. Guess it depends on where your from.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:35 PM

Car: '65 trk, '69 trk, neon
Engine: 283, 250, 2.0
Transmission: truck 4 speed, 3 spd, 5 spd
Axle/Gears: 14 bolt, 12 bolt, stock w/ 3.94

I've been pulled over about 10 times in the past 2-3 weeks from driving my truck. It's got 2 glasspacks on each side behind the longtube headers. As the truck is a '65, I don't need anything else. I've had officers tell me that I need to cap up the exhaust, and I calmly explain to them that it's legal, and that I don't need anything more that what's on it currently. They ask me to show them the exhaust and I do. They radio a few people and confirm that my truck is legal, then let me go. I don't excesively accelerate or speed but they still seem to be drawn to my truck
Old 11-04-2009, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by candle
I've been pulled over about 10 times in the past 2-3 weeks from driving my truck. It's got 2 glasspacks on each side behind the longtube headers. As the truck is a '65, I don't need anything else. I've had officers tell me that I need to cap up the exhaust, and I calmly explain to them that it's legal, and that I don't need anything more that what's on it currently. They ask me to show them the exhaust and I do. They radio a few people and confirm that my truck is legal, then let me go. I don't excesively accelerate or speed but they still seem to be drawn to my truck
Hell yes trucks are awesome!!!! Same here been pulled over a couple times, just warnings though, in my '83 same settup, glasspacks and long tubes. It's sick and twisted loud as hell too, gonna start running on the streets with open headers just to **** more people off.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:48 PM

Car: 1986 Z28
Engine: 305
Axle/Gears: 4.11

I realized I never had glasspacks on, they were just straight pipes. Yet they're louder than any other car I've heard. A 69 camaro and a corvette stingray were at my store the other night, and even those were quite compared to my 305.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 179 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by radical82
Think about it next time you're out... You want to make noise and go fast, bring it out to the track where the fast cars play!!!! When you're on the street, keep the noise down and drive friendly!!!!
.... Dave, that Camaro of yours is coming along incredibly.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:20 PM

What was it, i think it was over in Englishtown (Jersey people correct me if i'm wrong)

anyways theres a track in jersey thats been around forever.

in the recent past, like everywhere else, about a mile away they put up a bunch of houses. before the people moved it was made very clear that there is a dragstrip nearby and that there will be noise.

well now the people that live there complain about it and i think they have/are going as far as to attempting to close it down
Old 11-05-2009, 06:35 PM

loud is good!!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:42 PM

straight up.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:46 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro IrocZ
Engine: Holley Stealth Ram 385 Stroker
Transmission: Redline Performance 700r4 Trans
Axle/Gears: Bulletproof 4thGen Ls1 SS Rear 3.73

tbh they just jealous :P
Old 11-05-2009, 06:54 PM

Car: '82 Camaro
Engine: 383
Transmission: TKO 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 31 spline 9" with 4.56:1

Poser cams and loud pipes do not a race car make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eventually those offended by obnoxiously loud cars are going to apply enough pressure to state and federal legislators and the "noise cops" will be back.....

Isn't it better to police ourselves now than to be legislated out of existence later????????

A bit of common sense and a heavy dose of common courtesy can go a long, long ways towards keeping Hot Rods on the street.....

Last edited by radical82; 11-05-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 179 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Convoy25
What was it, i think it was over in Englishtown (Jersey people correct me if i'm wrong) anyways theres a track in jersey thats been around forever....
Yes, it was here by Raceway Park. There were rumors of some Indian "sanctuary" type facility being built right next door, but not too long afterward Raceway Park invested in a new autocross track. IMO, the track isn't going anywhere for a very long time....
Old 11-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 z28/1992 RS heritage edition
Engine: 350 tpi, 305 tbi
Transmission: 700R4,T5
Axle/Gears: G92

I agree may your ugly or you drive like a jerk? lol jk idk I get it sometimes too.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 PM

Hell yes trucks are awesome!!!! Same here been pulled over a couple times, just warnings though, in my '83 same settup, glasspacks and long tubes. It's sick and twisted loud as hell too, gonna start running on the streets with open headers just to **** more people off.
yeah, well in texas, you at least have to have ''full exhaust'' so the way it is and the primary glasspacks being burned out completely, it's extremely loud
Old 11-05-2009, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by THEGunboundGod
I realized I never had glasspacks on, they were just straight pipes. Yet they're louder than any other car I've heard. A 69 camaro and a corvette stingray were at my store the other night, and even those were quite compared to my 305.
well with glasspacks, they can't touch me. it flows almost as well as straight pipes, and you get the crackle of the glass too =)
Old 11-05-2009, 11:02 PM

Car: 89 TTA

I get dirty looks when people try to pass me on a two lane And I punch it for a sec and dont let them lol,I usually get the bird after the second try when they get way back to build up speed and still cant pass
Old 11-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1986 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 97 LT1 W/ Alot of goodies.
Transmission: 4L60E W/ Yank SS3600
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9 Bolt BW

Originally Posted by XxCoLTxX
I get dirty looks when people try to pass me on a two lane And I punch it for a sec and dont let them lol,I usually get the bird after the second try when they get way back to build up speed and still cant pass
Haha i do that all the time over here in Chicago. Damm people are soo impatient. I have had some try and keep up with me when i punch it, its funny when i give them a thumps up and not be a jackass but they dont even look at me and just keep driving.

Like my parents always said, If you have to be somewhere in time, Dont get on the road on the last second and drive like a jackass.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Car: 89 TTA

why do people give us dirty looks when we drive by?
Its cause we drive BY them they dont drive by US!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:24 PM

Car: 97 Cummins 92 CamaroZ28, 94 GSXR750
Engine: Modded 5.9 , carbed sbc358, modded
Transmission: Nv4500, 700R4 (for now)
Axle/Gears: stock

Alright now as my signature says Ive been pulled over 20 times, and mostly for stupid stuff like say 51mph in a 50mph(it was a state trooper, apparently he didnt like me turnin on my brights while he was parked with his lights off on the side of the road). I get harrassed just because Im young and in a sports car. Now I love my loud exhaust and loud stereos, I love gettin attention I have since I was a lil boy ridin my first dirtbike. There isnt a race track close enough to make it to when we want so we just use the new highway later at night when there is lil or no traffic.

Just because I have a loud car and a loud stereo does not mean I am a bad person. It just means I like that sorta thing. One of my ex gf once told me that I am the nicest person that drives a fast car, bc I will stop and let people cross the street and I let people into traffic. Its not the car that makes the person.

Im prtty sure those cadillac headlights are more annoying then my exhaust anyways and I know we all complain about them.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by 92z28camarokid

Im prtty sure those cadillac headlights are more annoying then my exhaust anyways and I know we all complain about them.
And the r!cer headlights, yellow, green, blue.
and pretty much the ones that blind you when the highbeams arent even on
Old 11-09-2009, 01:43 AM

Car: Trans Am
Engine: V8 350 TPI
Transmission: Auto

Originally Posted by Orr89RocZ
Originally Posted by ZZ42Fast
Totally agree. By flicking birds at people and staring them out in a loud car is not going to get the thirdgen community any support. You know thirdgens are still regarded as ******* cars right? I was hoping this kind of BA youth attitude had moved onto 4th gens and people who had 3rd gens were enthusiasts, in it for the long haul.

Also some of the grammer on this board is shocking.
^^ agreed im 20 so i guess im still considered young among older gens..
but most people my age are usually driving crappy hondas and acuras and those junks..ive been able to drive my car a few times since ive gotten it due to the fact that i dont have plates since im working on it..but when i do drive it i usually get older people staring at me driving it and they have kinda of a look of awee =D
and its usually guys my age driving imports with body kits that are ziptied on and a huge spoiler with no paint job, the ones that dogg me.
this guy was next to me at a red light n i caught him looking at me and he started reving his weak engine lol..and so i reved mine and i guess he got scared since it was soooo loud and he looked away n drove normally lol..
ftr have a v6 2.8 not fast at all lol..but the f-body is just so intimidating lol..
Old 11-10-2009, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Convoy25
And the r!cer headlights, yellow, green, blue.
and pretty much the ones that blind you when the highbeams arent even on
I found some conversion headlights on ebay that have the same blueish tint to them as the caddys, i think ill get them jsut for fun and so i can see better of course.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:23 AM

Alright now as my signature says Ive been pulled over 20 times, and mostly for stupid stuff like say 51mph in a 50mph(it was a state trooper, apparently he didnt like me turnin on my brights while he was parked with his lights off on the side of the road). I get harrassed just because Im young and in a sports car. Now I love my loud exhaust and loud stereos, I love gettin attention I have since I was a lil boy ridin my first dirtbike. There isnt a race track close enough to make it to when we want so we just use the new highway later at night when there is lil or no traffic.

Just because I have a loud car and a loud stereo does not mean I am a bad person. It just means I like that sorta thing. One of my ex gf once told me that I am the nicest person that drives a fast car, bc I will stop and let people cross the street and I let people into traffic. Its not the car that makes the person.

got my first speeding ticket when I was 16, since then I've been pulled over, ( no more tickets =)) more than 40 times. 10 in the past few weeks. The truck is really obnoxiously loud, and as soon as I can get a damn camaro I'm gong to make it as loud as I can too. That's just me though. like you said, it's the person, not the car. I also let people cross the streets, and yield to old ladies coming on the freeway, but what pisses me off are kids that drive fast and have their music blasting, weaving in and out of traffic. those kids are dumb, and I admit, i do drive fast, and when I get the chance(open road, no traffic) I do open it up and have at it, but not on a populated road. and that's where I see all the little riced out civics weaving in and out of trafic like they're in F1 and they're playing their music so loud that i can almost hear it over the roar of my truck
Old 11-11-2009, 06:08 AM

I am trying to do my best to get rid of the weaving habit, but the thing is people here in missouri dont know how to drive. I lived in Iowa near the nebraska iowa border most of my life and one thing we used to always say was that you could tell who was born on this side of the river cause the people in iowa sucked at driving. but when I moved down here i relized that the people have no respect for the other drivers. The only reason I have to weave is because I get people doin 53 in a 55 but deciding to stay in the fast lane and then you have people going the same speed in the slow lane. It annoys the crap out of me when people do not move over. I give people the oppurtunity to get over before I start weaving of course but they really dont know how to drive down here. And being a tourist area in the summer just makes everything ridiculous.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:50 AM

I am trying to do my best to get rid of the weaving habit, but the thing is people here in missouri dont know how to drive. I lived in Iowa near the nebraska iowa border most of my life and one thing we used to always say was that you could tell who was born on this side of the river cause the people in iowa sucked at driving. but when I moved down here i relized that the people have no respect for the other drivers. The only reason I have to weave is because I get people doin 53 in a 55 but deciding to stay in the fast lane and then you have people going the same speed in the slow lane. It annoys the crap out of me when people do not move over. I give people the oppurtunity to get over before I start weaving of course but they really dont know how to drive down here. And being a tourist area in the summer just makes everything ridiculous.
well, I have to admit sometimes I do too. but not when the drivers are all doing a decent speed or not trying to excesively pass me or anything. I don't remember who said it but somone said that when somone tries to pass them to get on the off-ramp at the last second they speed up, not letting them in. well that would be me. if they think I'm going too slow then I think THEY need to slow down cause I do the speed limit now. but it's not so much about weaving though, it's those riced out little hondas and grand prix's and other cars that they think they're SO fast and they drive around like they're in F1. plus when they're behind you about to pass you, they punch it first before switching lanes to punch it, and that's another thing that gets me.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:07 PM

Honestly when someone needs to get over I never really have a problem lettin em in unless its already tight enough. Im not really a fan of those grand prixs, funny story a couple of kids in a older grand prix spot lighted me and a couple of my friends as we were parked down at the bottom of the strip. Lets just say we dont play nice. there was 4 vehicles in my group, a SRT-4, a ford f150 Boss, me in my moms cavalier,, and my friend in his moms impala. Well lets just say there was a lot of tailgating then a lil boxing in and runnin about 15mph in 45mph on the highway while my buddy in is srt-4 gave the punks a nice lil talkin to. the best part is while the kid was talkin to my buddy he was tryin to watch my bumper to make sure he didnt hit me, i slowed way down while he was talkin and when he looked forward he slammed on his brakes and smacked his face on his own steering wheel. We let him go after that. It was mean I know but man was it hilarious.

Quick Reply: Why do people always give me bad looks when I go by?