Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

import guys are so clueless

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2006 GTO
Engine: LS2
Transmission: M6
Axle/Gears: 3.46 LSD
Re: import guys are so clueless

He must have really sucked, or never takes care of that car if he can't do a burnout in a crown vic.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 BMW 545i
Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating

still to this day I love it how one import guy messed up then all import guys are that way.

same rules apply to redne... I mean domestic owners right
Old 04-21-2009, 07:02 AM

Car: 92 Z03 RS TBI
Engine: 5.0 L03
Transmission: T-5

Yeah the Vic is in bad condition. He can get some wheel hop though (but i do that on accident in my mom's camry, so what's that saying?)
Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 AM

Car: '79 Camaro; '84 Z28
Engine: 350; none
Transmission: TH-350, 2500 stall; none
Axle/Gears: posi, 3.08; disc, 3.23

Originally Posted by rx7speed
still to this day I love it how one import guy messed up then all import guys are that way.

Unfortunately for guys like you, it is the import cars that are the popular item these days. Because of this they tend to draw a large portion of the un-intelligent and immature youth crowd. Of course that's not to say we are without our own, an afternoon reading through these forums will find you a few for sure. As I have said in other posts, I've got nothing against imports in general, just the r****s, regardless of what they drive.

I get what you're saying though, and I will be the first to admit my Redn... I mean "domestic" side. Hell, the drivers side window crank of my '79 Camaro has been a set of vise-grips for the entire 10+ years I've owned the car. Of course the spindle is rusted and stripped down smooth (I got it that way), and I do have a power window conversion kit waiting to go in, I'm just waiting 'til I can do a full and proper restoration.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 B4C "police special service"
Engine: L98 494hp
Transmission: tko-600 on order
Axle/Gears: 3.23 true trac

I'll admit there are a few pretty cool import guys.....A FEW...one of them is a buddy of mine drivin' an early model eclipse....runs low 8's in 1/4....very impressive....but most of the import guys don't usually have a clue....I hear a lot of "my car runs 11's or 12's", and when you go to race them....you can half throttle dang near the whole way down the track. Last import guy I heard this from was a guy out at the local 1/4mile dragstrip....he had all this fancy looking crap on a CRX....he claimed he was going to run high 9's low 10's....just by looking at car you could tell it wasn't capable of doing so....but to give him benefit of doubt, we all watched him when he was staging....needless to say after a 17 second run (and no he didn't miss a gear, or spin, the car was just slow!) he put it back on the car trailer (yes he brought a 17second car down on a trailer), and left the track for the day....haven't seen him since....lol
Old 04-24-2009, 08:52 PM

Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: V8 305 TBI
Transmission: W/C T5
Axle/Gears: 3.08

Well unfortunately for me I've grown up in "Arcashia" (Arcadia), which is like 60% asian, so not only do I have nothing but imports surrounding me, but their makers driving them!

I don't really have anything against asians, i'm just saying though, it gets annoying going to blockbuster to rent a movie and in the same little plaza is a gang of asians sitting next to their honda's, acura's, nissans (pick your poison) with them saying "i fast", "my car go faster than yours", or the nonchalant "yeah, it's a vtec"
and you can't forget about the group of them whose rich mommy and daddy bought them an evo or subaru and they think they're fast, they **** me off more than the honda's and whatnot because they buy there car which comes with a turbo and is "fast" to come off the assembly line, boat, w/e it is, because at least the tuners try to improve their cars with some elbow grease.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:13 AM

Car: 1989 Turbo Trans Am gta
Engine: 383 78mm turbo
Transmission: Th350 rmvb with brake
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.45s

haha i love import stories I'm glad when i had my turbo civic i actually went faster than 13.5s, i was on lil 13" slicks tho and limited slip differential and traction bars, FWD FTMFL.

I am still to beat my civic time in my trans am, i'm sure i will this season.

My car was fun and it got 25+ mpg runnin 13.3s,but the i spun a bearing haha
Old 05-03-2009, 03:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 91 camaro RS, 87 T/A
Engine: 350 TBI, 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 4th Gen 3.42/BW 3.45

Originally Posted by noboostnogo
haha i love import stories I'm glad when i had my turbo civic i actually went faster than 13.5s, i was on lil 13" slicks tho and limited slip differential and traction bars, FWD FTMFL.

I am still to beat my civic time in my trans am, i'm sure i will this season.

My car was fun and it got 25+ mpg runnin 13.3s,but the i spun a bearing haha
Some import guys are nice, i hate hondas, with a passion but if there done right ill respect it. Same goes for mustangs, my buddies friend has one but i despise them, he keeps asking to race and makes fun of my 12 inch rear brakes and 10.5 inch front ones, and refuses to believe that 4th gens game with 12 inch rear brakes but i still respect his car. Its just for the most part import guys dont know what there doing. And since imports are cheaper they flock towards them.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:53 PM

Car: 87 GTA
Engine: 350
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Originally Posted by rx7speed

*******s huh...well no matter how fast your little import goes in the 1/4 mile us domestic *******s will still always laugh at your petty attempts at trying to be a man.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:43 PM

Car: 1988 Firebird - 1998 Z28
Engine: 2.8 - LS1

I hate this stupid import/domestic thing. Cant a car guy respect the good and bad from both aspects? i like hondas because of the light weight and gas mileage of them, but i also love the sound and feel of a good v8. it isnt wich is better, it is who can tune their own specific car to be the fastest. and yes, some hondas can smoke thirdgens. it happens. get over it.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by V6F1R3BRD
I hate this stupid import/domestic thing. Cant a car guy respect the good and bad from both aspects? i like hondas because of the light weight and gas mileage of them, but i also love the sound and feel of a good v8. it isnt wich is better, it is who can tune their own specific car to be the fastest. and yes, some hondas can smoke thirdgens. it happens. get over it.
Sadly few people can think like this, Its actually what makes some good rivalries also. But you do have to admit, people who rice out their cars do ruin imports, and there are 10x more unrespectable import drivers than there are respectable ones.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:54 PM

depends on what you mean by "rice out". if you mean when people put tin can mufflers and a huge spoiler on their car and think they added 200 hp then yes. but ive seen plenty of imports id give my left nut for..
Old 05-03-2009, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by tdavolos
*******s huh...well no matter how fast your little import goes in the 1/4 mile us domestic *******s will still always laugh at your petty attempts at trying to be a man.
dude, your a dumba$$

Name:  05-25-2007motos027.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  85.9 KB
Name:  Picture035.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  133.6 KB
Name:  HPIM3005.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  59.5 KB

My car was no show car but classifying it as "RICE" just because its a japanese car is being ignorant.

My car had a 2.5" turboback mandrel bent exhaust and a test pipe, no real muffler and i can guarantee you that at WOT it was way quieter than any third gen with stock exhaust. All you could hear has the whistling of the turbo and BOV. went 13s and got 24mpg, can a third gen do that? I love my trans am but come on we're not comparing apples to apples here. Lets be realistic these are two different kinds of cars. Dont compare a import to domestic.

So just because i had a black civic with black rims and an exhaust i'm a ric3r?? people are pathetic

Last edited by noboostnogo; 05-03-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 84' Corvette, 96' Caprice
Engine: LT1, L99
Transmission: T-56, 4L60e
Axle/Gears: 3.07 POSI, 2.93 Open

dude, your a dumba$$

My car was no show car but classifying it as "RICE" just because its a japanese car is being ignorant.

My car had a 2.5" turboback mandrel bent exhaust and a test pipe, no real muffler and i can guarantee you that at WOT it was way quieter than any third gen with stock exhaust. All you could hear has the whistling of the turbo and BOV. went 13s and got 24mpg, can a third gen do that? I love my trans am but come on we're not comparing apples to apples here. Lets be realistic these are two different kinds of cars. Dont compare a import to domestic.

So just because i had a black civic with black rims and an exhaust i'm a ric3r?? people are pathetic

For one dude you need to calm down, i can respect an import that's quick but 13's turboed with mods isn't THAT impressive(no pun intended) LS1's can run low 13's with little to no mods in stock trim.... And i COMPLETELY agree, just about every import driver talks **** to domestic owners just b/c their car is turboed... Lets compare N/A to N/A and Boosted to Boosted.... That i feel is fair... Regardless of the motor being smaller, it's that persons choice.... Your car is not "rice". But meerly an import which domestic ppl don't really care for so did you think you were going to get an applause for having an import on a domestic site? But you can get the $hit anywhere... Domestic and import owners alike talk ****... i have seen enough mustang owners talk **** to me about my car and then can't back it up. You'll get it everywhere... just learn to ignore it... Your car is clean though! Nice job.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 84' Corvette, 96' Caprice
Engine: LT1, L99
Transmission: T-56, 4L60e
Axle/Gears: 3.07 POSI, 2.93 Open

O i forgot to post this! I was stopping at taco bell in the Caprice the other day and i came up behind a V6 Stang and it had "Bullit" in lettering put together from another vehicle he ripped it off of(it was all crooked lol) Also it had "V6 H.O." on the back as well. HAHA! I Thought it was the funniest thing! Its probably hard to see in the pics but its there! Heres the really funny part though! After he got his food and i got mine i noticed he stopped in the parking lot across the way eating his food.... So i decided to stop and have a chat with him about his V6 H.O.. Well i roll up and he's eating away i yell across to him "hey man nice stang!" He thanks me and i ask him i didn't know they made a V6 Bullit Mustang, He says yea its one of 50 ever made and he got his for around 35k new, then he went on about how its Twin turboed and the ultimate sleeper b/c you can't hear the BOV or the Turboes..HAHAHA!!!!.. I asked him if he would let me see the motor b/c i have never seen the "Bullit V6 H.O." and he proceded to tell me his hood release was being a B!tch and he hadn't been able to open it for a few days.... Then he said he had to go, thanked me for my interest and drove off... And i just smiled all the way home HAHAHA!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by v10viper04
For one dude you need to calm down, i can respect an import that's quick but 13's turboed with mods isn't THAT impressive(no pun intended) LS1's can run low 13's with little to no mods in stock trim.... And i COMPLETELY agree, just about every import driver talks **** to domestic owners just b/c their car is turboed... Lets compare N/A to N/A and Boosted to Boosted.... That i feel is fair... Regardless of the motor being smaller, it's that persons choice.... Your car is not "rice". But meerly an import which domestic ppl don't really care for so did you think you were going to get an applause for having an import on a domestic site? But you can get the $hit anywhere... Domestic and import owners alike talk ****... i have seen enough mustang owners talk **** to me about my car and then can't back it up. You'll get it everywhere... just learn to ignore it... Your car is clean though! Nice job.
I know for a LS1 13s is like nothing, but please keep in mind that a lil civic like what i had runs 17s stock, a ls1 stock runs what? high 13s? but a ls1 is 3-4 times the engine and hp off the showroom floor so its gotta be faster. When we put it on paper quarter mile/money is better on imports, i went 4 seconds faster with just a lil turbo off a volvo car, less than $1k for the full kit professionally tuned. Compare that to a boosted third gen... $1k might get you the turbo manifold... MIGHT. a decent turbo for a v8 cant really be found at junkyards unless you go with twins. I would love to turbo my T/A but its more than i can afford and more than my 383 plans.

Dont get me wrong i love my 3rd gen. dont hate me b/c i had an import i'm a nice guy. i now have a third gen
Name:  sunnyday.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  20.1 KB

Last edited by noboostnogo; 05-04-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z
Engine: TPIS II Supercharged w/Nitrous
Transmission: 700R4 Probuilt
Axle/Gears: 3:73 Richmond 12 Bolt

Why are so many people try compairing apples to oranges. Of course if you put a turbo for $1000 on an import you can go faster. But if they stick the same turbo on a f-body car that weigh's almost 1000+ lbs heavier it doesn't go as fast... The main problem with the import junk where I live is most of the owners are young kids who put $25.00 in stickers,a $100 crappy muffler and a wing for $125 on their car and think they have a really fast car. There are fast cars out there, But most are so commonly called ricers because of the all show-no-go theory.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:32 AM

Car: 91 Firebird
Engine: 350 tbi
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Originally Posted by Saber
Very few import guys are actually knowledgeable. If i beat a truck by 3 feet i would defiantly hold my head in shame. I know there are some fast trucks but coming that close to a stock one, man i wouldnt even tell my friends about that. On a side note, i saw fast and the furious at midnight the night it came out and man me and my friends got a chuckle at watching hondas do burnouts in the parking lot. Its like every one of them had the need for speed after seeing that lol. I didnt dare move my car out of its spot till all the rice left for fear of being hit. I have never heard so many Honda's hit VTEC in my life lol.
haha i went to that movie about a week after it came out and there were three V6 mustangs in the parking lot revvin there motors and tryin to spin the wheels
Old 05-04-2009, 12:12 PM

dude, your a dumba$$

Oh **** it's VTEC! Watch out!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:50 PM

i still dont get this lol. i completely agree with noboostnogo. that civic is pretty sweet and he also has a nice 3rd gen. the best from both worlds.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by ibmtech
Why are so many people try compairing apples to oranges. Of course if you put a turbo for $1000 on an import you can go faster. But if they stick the same turbo on a f-body car that weigh's almost 1000+ lbs heavier it doesn't go as fast... The main problem with the import junk where I live is most of the owners are young kids who put $25.00 in stickers,a $100 crappy muffler and a wing for $125 on their car and think they have a really fast car. There are fast cars out there, But most are so commonly called ricers because of the all show-no-go theory.
The same goes here. It's actually sad to see some nice import cars ruined. Some of these kids don't even know how to properly maintain their cars, and blow the engine (my friend did it in his civic). I often see them on the side of the highway, huge cheap spoiler, "fart can," and stickers. The only real nice ones around here are a couple Eclipses, WRXs, and 3000GTs. And those are mostly guys in their 30s.

Other than those few nice ones, too many kids think something as simple as a cheap exhaust and a spoiler (it's fwd, are they retarded?) make them the most arrogant (plus being teenagers).

I almost bought an import (prefer domestic, but imports tend to be gas sippers), but couldn't find any that were in good condition. These kids trash them. I don't care what kind of car it is, no car should be treated in that fashion (ok, maybe a pt cruiser).

And for those of you feeling insulted, we're not trashing the cars, only the people that are stupid and believe their "fart canned" import is the best out there.

Last edited by d00012; 05-04-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:59 PM

i still dont get this lol. i completely agree with noboostnogo. that civic is pretty sweet and he also has a nice 3rd gen. the best from both worlds.
I wouldnt say best of both worlds, i mean IMO the best of both worlds would be a nice z06 vette and a Supra lol. Still the honda is okay, not my cup of tea but at least its done right and isnt riced out. I agree with the above posts, were comparing apples to oranges, of course people on here are going to like THird Gens. The reason people drive imports is cause there cheaper to upgrade, again you can boost a little 240 or civic for half the price of a Thirdgen, take into account that it runs 17s stock and is now running 13s and id say he spent his money well. id be damn happy if my 14sec camaro could take of 4 seconds for like 2k.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2006 Corvette
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42s

I know for a LS1 13s is like nothing, but please keep in mind that a lil civic like what i had runs 17s stock, a ls1 stock runs what? high 13s? but a ls1 is 3-4 times the engine and hp off the showroom floor so its gotta be faster. When we put it on paper quarter mile/money is better on imports, i went 4 seconds faster with just a lil turbo off a volvo car, less than $1k for the full kit professionally tuned. Compare that to a boosted third gen... $1k might get you the turbo manifold... MIGHT. a decent turbo for a v8 cant really be found at junkyards unless you go with twins. I would love to turbo my T/A but its more than i can afford and more than my 383 plans.

Dont get me wrong i love my 3rd gen. dont hate me b/c i had an import i'm a nice guy. i now have a third gen
you cant compare the gains going from 17s - 13s and going from 13s to quicker. it takes ALOT more power to drop time off a 13 sec car than it does a 17 sec car. your arguement isnt a good one. if your civic had started out at 13s, and you bolted on the same junkyard $1000 turbo setup, your gains wouldnt be anywhere near as impressive. in fact, you probably wouldve only went from 13s to 12s. suddenly, its not the "bow to the import" 4 sec gain anymore

compare BRAND NEW aftermarket turbo "kits" for civics, and "kits" for thirdgens and youll see pricing is actually similar. what you did was find great deals on used equipment and do all the labor yourself. most civic owners cant or wont do that. for the sake of arguement, very few civic owners have the skill/knowledge/used parts availibility to only spend a grand and have a reliable turbo setup. the same can be said of thirdgen owners. however, it can be done on our cars as well:

- used T60 series turbo from a GN
- remote mount setup (plumb into stock catback at muffler connection) with charge pipe running back to engine bay
- upgraded fuel pump
- plumbing for oil to remote mount turbo
- used 42lb injectors
- cheap tune

if you do your shopping smartly, you can spend around a grand (maybe a little more) and have the above parts. youll make more power than the civic, and a TON more torque. its in all possibility, with race gas, an 11 sec car with the right tires. however, just like the civic, your using cheap and or used parts. reliability may be an issue, and its only a matter of time before something fails

Last edited by tpivette89; 05-04-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:09 PM

I wouldnt say best of both worlds, i mean IMO the best of both worlds would be a nice z06 vette and a Supra lol. Still the honda is okay, not my cup of tea but at least its done right and isnt riced out. I agree with the above posts, were comparing apples to oranges, of course people on here are going to like THird Gens. The reason people drive imports is cause there cheaper to upgrade, again you can boost a little 240 or civic for half the price of a Thirdgen, take into account that it runs 17s stock and is now running 13s and id say he spent his money well. id be damn happy if my 14sec camaro could take of 4 seconds for like 2k.
i didnt mean those specific cars lol.

zr1 vette and a 3000gt
Old 05-04-2009, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by d00012
And for those of you feeling insulted, we're not trashing the cars, only the people that are stupid and believe their "fart canned" import is the best out there.
Well lets be honest here, if you feel offended get over it, I'm sure you could find many import forums on the web that talk just as much smack about domestic cars as we do here. I don't have a problem with asian cars, the first car I drove was a POS prelude that had a million miles on it and a horrible slipping tranny, but hey, it got me to school and back. But what I don't like is when they think they're strapped into rockets in them, sure, you can try and make your car fast, more power to you, but don't let it go to your head.

What do you expect? We're in america, I honestly love this country and our cars so I'll be damned if I'm expected to stay quiet while someone talks crap about our cars. I'd buy a domestic car any day (Especially now) because of the auto industry situtation just to help them out.

So if you're an import guy on here posting, don't get offended if you don't get the response you expected when you rant and rave about your 13 second civic, it'll start controversy and fighting that we don't need.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:31 PM

Put it in better words than I did, kkingsrulee.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:32 PM

wow. that bout settles that. lol
Old 05-04-2009, 04:36 PM

Just got back from the bank, 90 something Honda Accord, looks nice, but when he passed me, gave me a look, you all the know the look "ricers" give us third gens (especially if they know we have v6s). I don't know what was more pathetic, his look, or all the rattling noises coming from his car (and no, it wasn't his sound system).

And that all there is normal here. All show and no go.

Last edited by d00012; 05-04-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:20 PM

wow, most of you guys are really ignorant! how are you gonna try to keep an argument going and take a side if you dont research both sides of it. Did you pay attention in high school?

I'm sure most of the people talkin crap here have never even had an import, or better yet a fast third gen.

We all know stock third gens dont run 13s, except for the tta. Most v8s l98 are mid to high 14s, and 5.0 HO 15s.

The most excpensive turbo kit for a civic will be around $2000 with all name brand parts. For third gens they are... wait they dont sell them, whoops.

I'm done with this thread, i respect you guys but i cant stand ignorance when you have resources to learn. go to www.turbod16.com or www.honda-tech.com check out the 1/4 time slip forum and see how many DD hondas are in the 10s 11s 12s and 13s. Youll be surprised
Old 05-04-2009, 05:32 PM

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Slow down there. We're not insulting you, or what people like you have done to your nice imports. I'm sure I can speak for all and say we all appreciate a nicely tuned car, no matter the label.

We're downtalking the "ricers."

The "not paying attention in high school" wasn't necessary. You should probably read what all of us are saying (except a couple who called your car "rice") and realize we're talking about the KIDS who buy FART CANS and bolt on SPOILERS and think they're faster and better than anyone else. Don't assume we're all against you.

I don't mean to offend you, but if I have, I apologize.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:50 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: 5.0 305 Carb'd
Transmission: 700R4

i drove a PURPLE hyundai for about 2 years. i tried killing that thing so many times, the frieken thing wouldnt die. turned it into a Hornet stock car, frieken thing has been racing for 2 years, and it still starts on the first click. only was to kill it is to run it off a cliff.

but anyway, id like to know who would trade their 3rd gen for an import. 99% of the people here will NEVER commit such a crime, but me, id DEF trade for a good condition low milage 3000GT. those cars are bada$$ and even though theyre almost a replica of the Dodge Stealth, they still look better. a 3000GT is an import, but its about the closest thing i think of that reminds me of domestic. id trade for that or a Supra. a TT (twin turbo) supra

and yeah i know a guy that will stand up for his import anyday. me and him are best friends even though we have completely diff taste in cars. but we both have one thing in common, we love speed. he has a Nissan 240sx. its a pretty nice car really. its factory turbo'd, but he installed a better one. its fast as hell really lol. it kicks my cars a$$ everytime. of course a turbo will kill a 305 from a roll anyday. and his car is well over 1000 pounds lighter. we always make fun of each other but its all in good sport
Old 05-04-2009, 05:53 PM

i agree with d00012 and noboostnogo. but this is a pointless thread now. this debate will NEVER end. as dumb as it is its best just to ignore it.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:15 PM

The "not paying attention in high school" wasn't necessary. You should probably read what all of us are saying (except a couple who called your car "rice") and realize we're talking about the KIDS who buy FART CANS and bolt on SPOILERS and think they're faster and better than anyone else. Don't assume we're all against you.
I disagree, around tampa there are plenty of adults with spoilers, fart cans, bright yellow paint, and cheap vtec stickers, i would even venture to say that its actually mostly kids who do their imports correctly these days.

Originally Posted by Ca[maro]88
but anyway, id like to know who would trade their 3rd gen for an import. 99% of the people here will NEVER commit such a crime

and yeah i know a guy that will stand up for his import anyday. me and him are best friends even though we have completely diff taste in cars. but we both have one thing in common, we love speed. he has a Nissan 240sx. its a pretty nice car really. its factory turbo'd, but he installed a better one. its fast as hell really lol. it kicks my cars a$$ everytime. of course a turbo will kill a 305 from a roll anyday. and his car is well over 1000 pounds lighter. we always make fun of each other but its all in good sport
On a lighter note i would never sell my 3rd gen for a import, but i would drive an import. I mean hey whats faster than a 240 with a LS1 in it? lol

and back on topic because import guys are so clueless. Im not hating on you Camaro88, or your friend but what 240 in the USA came factory turboed? Because it never happened. Unless he has a SR, RB, or CA swap done to it which then isnt factory for his car. Just wondering because next to 3rd gens 240s are my favorite car.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:18 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro RS
Engine: 2.8L V6

Originally Posted by ClickClickVroom
It rains. Idiots try to burnout, I try to not spinout/hydroplane XD
haha true that.

i love my camaro, dont get me wrong. but i also have a firm passion for my nissan 280z's. the L28e is an incredible motor.

but im not one of those guys that likes to talk trash. cars are cars, motors are motors. all of them have incredible engineering and if tuned right can kick *** in their rightful classes. its just unfortunate most idiots working on imports out there are completely ignorant to what builds power. thats why they make that pretty plastic tubing for "cold air intakes". just my two cents.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 PM

Car: 92 Z03 RS TBI
Engine: 5.0 L03
Transmission: T-5

wow, most of you guys are really ignorant! how are you gonna try to keep an argument going and take a side if you dont research both sides of it. Did you pay attention in high school?

I'm sure most of the people talkin crap here have never even had an import, or better yet a fast third gen.

We all know stock third gens dont run 13s, except for the tta. Most v8s l98 are mid to high 14s, and 5.0 HO 15s.

The most excpensive turbo kit for a civic will be around $2000 with all name brand parts. For third gens they are... wait they dont sell them, whoops.

I'm done with this thread, i respect you guys but i cant stand ignorance when you have resources to learn. go to www.turbod16.com or www.honda-tech.com check out the 1/4 time slip forum and see how many DD hondas are in the 10s 11s 12s and 13s. Youll be surprised
Is it possible you're being hyper sensitive?
It seems to me like the general consensus is that there are two type for both domestics and imports
(although this is horribly stereotyping)
It seems we mostly agree that there are imports that are nice, but there are also tons of Ricers who decal and wing up their 17 second car.
On the flip side there are also plenty of showy domestic cars that aren't that fast.

But not one person has flatout said "OMG, IMPORTS ARE TEH SUXXX MY V6 Camaro can outrun every single one of them".
It's in-group out group bias. Both groups are diverse.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM

I'm done with this thread
Good. And for the record, there's a difference between being ignorant and having a preference of one car opposed to another. We're all entitled to our own opinion, and if some of our opinions don't fly with you then just back down, don't start throwing out words like "dumba$$ and ignorant".
Old 05-04-2009, 09:14 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: 5.0 305 Carb'd
Transmission: 700R4

and back on topic because import guys are so clueless. Im not hating on you Camaro88, or your friend but what 240 in the USA came factory turboed? Because it never happened. Unless he has a SR, RB, or CA swap done to it which then isnt factory for his car. Just wondering because next to 3rd gens 240s are my favorite car.
lol hey its no big, im not sure if its factory or not, i dont really know ANYHITNG about 240's and since he knows that he could tell me pretty much anything and i would prolly believe him. same with me though, i could tell him camaro came stock with a 15X10 wheel and he would prolly believe me cause he knows nothing about camaros.

but this is his car and this is the turbo thats in it now.
his car is pretty nice though. def not riced out AT ALL. he has a full flowmaster exhaust, he put in his own LSD, and now hes workin on making it a 5-lug car. i think its a pretty sweet S13.

SORRY I POSTED AN IMPORT!!!!! PLEEEEEAAASSEEEEE FORGIVE!!
Attached Thumbnails import guys are so clueless-l_2b28ee51fb4d4daa9c5e79d4032ac179.jpg   import guys are so clueless-l_9683f230394440a0b69e6f3d801469a1.jpg   import guys are so clueless-240.jpg  
Old 05-04-2009, 09:19 PM

... would even venture to say that its actually mostly kids who do their imports correctly these days.
Amen, i was 17 when i built that car, i am now 19.

I would never trade my trans am for an import. I do have a civic to take me from home to work and back home and school. My trans am is my weekend car.

Im not getting offended im out of the import scene, and probably not go back.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:01 PM

I disagree, around tampa there are plenty of adults with spoilers, fart cans, bright yellow paint, and cheap vtec stickers, i would even venture to say that its actually mostly kids who do their imports correctly these days.
Around here it's all kids, all the adults here have the nice imports.

Maybe it's the 300? Scratch that, didn't see those pictures above.

Last edited by d00012; 05-04-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:02 PM

Car: 94 Silverado
Engine: 383 Vortec TBI
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 2.73

I have a Honda vtec and it sucks. No wing, now coffee can, just a clutch and no torque. The reason that somebody came out with all this crap for these "kids" to mod their Honda's with is for money. They saw the market and tapped it. Why do you think they keep making these Fast and Furious movies? TO SELL PARTS! Don't get me wrong, they are good movies. How many of you, after watching the latest, went home and looked in your parts catalog? Hmmm. I did. All these guys want to put turbos and blow offs and nitrous and blah blah and get 600hp out of a honda? Who gives a **it how much horsepower it has. How much torque does it have is what I want to know. How does it drive? how does it go down the track? What are the 1/4 mile times? Important stuff. My cousin built an accura that was a 10 second car. It cost over $20 to get it there. How many of you 3rd gen guys could make your car hit 10 seconds for half that? I have destroyed hondas with wings, turbos, nitrous, everything. In a stock ls1 that I got for 6000 bucks.

However at a light in my Honda, a civic revved me. Granted mine is stock to the bone. He had a spoiler, coffee can, all that crap. I spanked him so bad that I had to pop the hood for him to believe that it is stock. Street racing is dangerous though don't follow my lead, unless I pass you. lmao
Old 05-04-2009, 11:12 PM

Around here it's all kids, all the adults here have the nice imports.

Maybe it's the 300? Scratch that, didn't see those pictures above.
Thats pretty interesting to see the preference for cars in different areas, here most of the older guys have nice american cars, or crappy riced ones i rarely see a nice import driven by an older guy, unless its something like a Supra. However here in tampa, the younger crowd actually does pretty good for the most part, theres alot of nice 240s, we also have alot of euros. But generally the younger kids dont rice out thier cars too much down here. Keep in mind i have factored out anyone below the age of 18, mainly because i dont ever see anyone younger than that, and my idea of old is anyone over 30 lol.

And Camaro88, thats a nice 240, i love 240s. There like camaros except lighter, with half the cylinders. I wonder if he turboed the stock KA or swapped in a JDM motor. For the most part, almost every 240 is decently not riced. I personally like cars from ever part of the world, Euro, JDM, Domestic it doesnt matter to me. Its fun to get to know them also, cause when you know more about hondas then the guys who drive hondas it gives you the edge lol.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:23 PM

All the older guys here drive WRXs, Eclispses (couple young kids), and 3000GTs. And all of them are nice. But mostly it's American muscle that's so nice here. Loooots of C5 and C6 corvettes here, 65% of them being Z06s. Rest are mostly Mustangs. Third and Fourth gen Camaros/Firebirds here and there. Same with Dodge Chargers. Mustangs are kind of the dominating car here, and sadly, there are a few that have been "riced." There was a Fourth Gen Camaro 3.8 turboed for sale here, looked more like an Eclipse.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:26 PM

here in my area we have alot of trucks. just a few imports and domestic which are both nicely built. we have no rice around here except for maybe a tourist thats driving by haha. VIRGINIA FTMFW
Old 05-05-2009, 02:09 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2006 Corvette
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42s

ive had semi-quick Corvettes, one of which had the same motor as some thirdgens. my own 89' Vette went 13.1 at 104mph with just minor boltons. a friend of mine had a 85' LB9 Trans Am with only some free mods, a cone filter, and a 125 shot and ran 13.1 at 103mph. ive actually owned almost a dozen thirdgens... i just dumped all my money and time into my Corvettes instead of those. youre right about the whole import thing though... and i never will own one. had a few friends that were into them though, so i feel that i can quote and reference from their experiences

We all know stock third gens dont run 13s, except for the tta. Most v8s l98 are mid to high 14s, and 5.0 HO 15s
no one said they did. you brought up the LS1 motor, which does run 13s. thats why i referenced that time in my above post

really? $2000 you say?
http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/1501/10002/-1
how bout this one?
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
looks like theyre juuuust a bit more than the $2000 MAX you quoted
and for the record, a few companies used to offer turbo kits for thirdgens at around $3500 and up (BBSDesigns was one). a few members on this site are actually running their kit. i believe there are a few vendors on ebay offering kits as well, but i dont know the pricing on those

Did you pay attention in high school?
excpensive
looks like youre the one that didnt pay attention much in school

wow, most of you guys are really ignorant! how are you gonna try to keep an argument going and take a side if you dont research both sides of it... i cant stand ignorance when you have resources to learn
with all the above info i provided, seems as though youre the ignorant one and didnt do much research, and in fact, assumed way too much with the limited info you had

I'm done with this thread
and yet youve come back

Last edited by tpivette89; 05-06-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:24 AM

dude, your a dumba$$

Sure does...your sweat must smell like Uncle Ben's and the import section of AutoZone. I always looked at the ***** boy's as people who were just to scared to drive something that takes a little skill and talent. Then when they do they try to fit in and down play there rice intentions on real car sites like this one. What my car does on the street bone stock with the ac on full blast is what you TRY to get your import to run like and its still a challenge for you. Guess its a guy thing buddy, hopefully you'll figure it out one day.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:43 AM

Come on man, lets refrain from blatantly insulting people yeah? That's not what these forums are for.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:26 AM

I smell soy sauce... Thought this thread was about import guys being clueless. Reading all this pro rice talk makes me wonder if some of you ladies need to find a site better suited to your needs. Try http://www.advocate.com/ i bet they have chat rooms.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:36 AM

Car: 92 RS
Engine: LSX
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 4.11

Originally Posted by Nub383
My cousin built an accura that was a 10 second car. It cost over $20 to get it there. How many of you 3rd gen guys could make your car hit 10 seconds for half that? I have destroyed hondas with wings, turbos, nitrous, everything. In a stock ls1 that I got for 6000 bucks.
Wow dude you built a 10 second accura (Actually it's spelled Acura dumbass) for over 20 bones. How many stickers did that $20 buy and how much hp did they add once applied.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:50 AM

Car: 94 Silverado
Engine: 383 Vortec TBI
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 2.73

Wow Joeshmoe,

If I were a moderater, you would be gone. I semi-defended you on that last post and this is how you treat me? With name calling. Wow you are so mature. You bring nothing but aggrivation to people on this site. Please go away.

Last edited by Nub383; 05-05-2009 at 03:54 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:01 AM

here in my area we have alot of trucks. just a few imports and domestic which are both nicely built. we have no rice around here except for maybe a tourist thats driving by haha. VIRGINIA FTMFW
When i lived in virginia beach about 5 years ago, all i remember was rice, granted this was when fast and the furious came out, and initial d was king, but man i hope things changed lol. Its pretty nice to live in Tampa, Orlando however is where there are so many imports, mainly because there are alot of tuner shops.

And i agree there are no need for personal insults, Everyone is here because they have a thirdgen, who cares if they have an import also. I wish i wasnt in college and could afford a second car for a DD, id buy an import in a heartbeat. Just cause the guy drove a civic doesnt mean that we should all insult him, that makes us no better than the ricers that put fart cans on their cars. Not everybody can **** money and afford to build a nice *** third gen. As long as its done right i think you should respect it, i mean if your car is sooo much better and so much faster perhaps you should both race and then settle this, if of course he still had the civic. Personal insults over the internet are childish.

Quick Reply: import guys are so clueless