Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

LO3 versus two brauts and a skittle

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Supreme Member

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
Car: 1988 camaro "SS"/ 1991 305/T5
Engine: 383 LT1 in progress/LT1TBI 355 soon
Transmission: Probuilt 700R4 3600 stall/ T5
Axle/Gears: Moser axles, 3.42 Eaton Posi
LO3 versus two brauts and a skittle

It's a bit long but all in all it was fun.

Last Saturday night at the local hangout I was approached by a friend if I could be his "test car" for a car club he is trying to put together. I'll get into why in a second. He has an SRT-4 running 16lbs and he says his best run is a 13.9 ( I always thought these cars were abit faster.) Anyways we headout to a good isolated stretch of road out by our spot to get a few runs in. We mark out an estimated 1/4 run make a go of it.

From a dig I walk him by about three cars. He couldn't catch up till about the beginning of 4th gear. He then reels me in by about 2 cars at the end of our mark. I ask for another run so I can get my shifting right due to the fact of me recently putting in a modified TV valve so I have to manually downshift into third. On our second run. From a dig he still can't hold a candle to me. I get him by the same three cars. But I was able to hold him of abit longer and I was able to stay about a car behind at the end of the run.

He says my car is the perfect speed for what he was trying to accomplish. If anybody that wants to be in his club can beat me in a race then he won't let them in the club. ( i know it sounds retarted but hear me out) So he then tells me that he has a set of twin brothers with modded 1.8 turbo Jettas that he wants me to race, just to see if they can beat me. Honestly I don't know whether to be offended or happy about it so I say ok.

The first Jetta was a 2001 1.8 turbo auto. I guess that he has an aftermarket intake and exhaust. Plus he says his boost is about 14lbs. We line up and get our run down. Ofcourse from a dig I destroy him. I get him of the line by 4 car lengths and I get him at the end by 3 cars. So it was I pretty easy race for me.

The brothers car was alittle harder. His was also a 2001 1.8 tubo 5 speed. He has the same mods but from what I understand he has about 4000 grand more in his car in mods alone so I think I'm whipped. So we line up and we run. The first run I spin horriblely off the line and he gets me by a car and a half. the second time we run was just as bad. By this time I'm getting pissed because I know I could beat this guy if I could just get out of the hole better, so I prepose that we run from a 5 mile per hour role. Plus I know that I would have the advantage due to my power being down low. (which we all know is just idling speed for us) So on the third honk we're off. I murder him by atleast 3 from the start of the run and hold about a 2 car lead by about the beginning of 4th gear. As my car shifted into forth he started to slowly reel me in but I downshift back into 3rd and start to pull my lead back. I'd say at about 120 we shut down due to the fact that I couldn't pull anymore from him and he couldn't catch me.

I felt pretty good at the end of the night for my victories and even my loss. I had fun. just thought I'd share since it's been awhile. Enjoy

Last edited by robertfrank; 06-03-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: L03 305 TBI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73
Re: LO3 versus two brauts and a skittle

Originally Posted by robertfrank
He says my car is the perfect speed for what he was trying to accomplish. If anybody that wants to be in his club can beat me in a race then he won't let them in the club.
Sounds like...
1: He's going to let you dog your car out racing anyone that wants to joins his club, while saving his.
2: He wants to be the fastest one in his club, and if you're faster, you can't join.
3: He wants you to run everyone to find out if they're faster or not, to save him the embarrassment of losing, even in a "tryout".

And what if at a later date, someone mods their car to the point of being faster than yours? Does that mean they're out the club?

All in all, it sounds like your friend wants an import/compact car club, that has no cars that can beat a low power V-8. Weird. Good story though, glad you schooled them, and had a good time. Might want to propose a more legal way of running them though.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by titan
Sounds like...
1: He's going to let you dog your car out racing anyone that wants to joins his club, while saving his.
2: He wants to be the fastest one in his club, and if you're faster, you can't join.
3: He wants you to run everyone to find out if they're faster or not, to save him the embarrassment of losing, even in a "tryout".

And what if at a later date, someone mods their car to the point of being faster than yours? Does that mean they're out the club?

All in all, it sounds like your friend wants an import/compact car club, that has no cars that can beat a low power V-8. Weird. Good story though, glad you schooled them, and had a good time. Might want to propose a more legal way of running them though.
I totally agree with you. but, due to the nearest strip being over 100 miles away makes things alittle difficult to do this legally. We try to be as safe as possible so the chance of an accident is smaller but we all know of the risk.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Supreme Member

wow, this is alot more quiet than I thought it would be.........