Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

bragging rights

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85 Z28, 88 GTA, 68 Cutlass S
Engine: 305TPI X2 ;), Chevy 250
Transmission: T5, 700R4, powerslide >:(
Axle/Gears: posi, and posi w/discs :D.
bragging rights

so what win makes you the proudest of? i think the shining night of my Z was the night it beat an s2000, or a turbo mr2. more the turbo mr2 i think.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 84z, 65 elcamino
Engine: l69 and a hyped up sbc in the camino
Transmission: t5 m21
Axle/Gears: 373s 411s
the day it ran without any problems
Old 11-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '72 Chevy Nova
Engine: Solid roller 355
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 8.5" 10-bolt 3.73 Posi
Originally posted by jocww
the day it ran without any problems

My T/A's finest moment? Eh she doesn't get raced alot. Her finest has probably been playing host to me and two women in the same night.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:42 PM
stu
Supreme Member

I was on the highway when a guy with a Shelby Cobra Kit car go on with a younger boy in the passanger seat. It looked like he was giving him a ride, but I don't like to assume things, they could have been NAMBLA members for all I know. Anyway, I somehow got his attention and we went from a 60mph roll a few times. Every time I clearly walked away from him. We exchanged thumbs up and went our way.

Other than that, probably trapping about 8-10mph faster than every single stock Vette at the track that I ever saw.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Supporter/Moderator
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 425 Likes on 326 Posts
Car: '90 RS
Engine: 377 LSX
Transmission: Magnum T56
I never beat a whole lot of cars with my LO3. My best races have always been in beaters and not in my camaros. I beat a 5.9 dakota R/T in my '05 cavy from a dig one time. I rule.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:18 PM

Car: 87 iroc
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700r4
I beat a gtx grand prix before in my rs with the little L03, boy was that guy mad
Old 11-28-2005, 09:39 PM

Car: 1987 GTA/1998 Explorer
Engine: 355, trick flow heads, zz409 cam, 3
Transmission: 700r4, shift kit, valve body
Axle/Gears: precision 3.73's, auburn diff
most anyone that gets spanked by a third gen isnt very happy about it. got a bad rap for being beat up and slow.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 94 Z28
Engine: LT1 w/ headers, catback, CAI, tune
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.23s
My old 87Z's finest moments were pulling on a C5 Vette and a LS1 SS. Those were roll-on races however, not really true honest to *** wins.

My best standing start real race was against a notchback stang w/ unknown mods (very fast however) that ran to door to door w/ me, I gained about 6 inches on him everytime he would shift and just barely, barely pulled the rest of the time. Ended up with his nose about at the back of my door when we shut down. Awesome run.

Only halfway real race in my new LT1 was against a 86-87 Vette that had some mods (louder than my car, aggressive sounding). Pulled on him fairly decently but I was kinda expecting to so I'm not jumping for joy or anything...
Old 11-28-2005, 09:43 PM
stu
Supreme Member

Originally posted by 1meanGTA
most anyone that gets spanked by a third gen isnt very happy about it. got a bad rap for being beat up and slow.
That reminds me. My other shinning moment was seeing a Thirdgen with a big hood and egging him on. He was for sure a 13 second car I think, but I still walked away from him, and I had two other people in my car. Come to think of it, all my closest races have been with Camaros (except the STi). One time I egged a kid on in a first gen Camaro (that you could tell he was so proud of) and proceed to RUN away from him. Haha, I'm so mean.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:03 PM

Car: 92 Camaro Z28
Engine: LB9
Transmission: world class T5
Axle/Gears: stock ten bolt
The day I got the dang thing to run without a hitch a few months ago.

Its kinda a tie between the time i beat a mint GTA on the highway and the race against some stuck up jerk in a newer GT vert.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:08 PM

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC-Z
Engine: 427 SBC
Transmission: ProBuilt 700R4
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt / 3.73 TrueTrac
Just got my IROC. Very new to cars at the time. Did not know much. This kid comes over with an Integra while everyones looking at my new ride I brought home. Sure enough, five minutes later, here comes the **** talking (It's old, it's a 305....etc). He starts naming off all these mods he has (CAI, exhaust, chip), and I was getting kind of nervous (remember, I was a newbie).

So after more BS, I agree to race him. On the way to the "spot", he floors it next to me, I gave it some gas, but not WOT. The kid turns to me and is like "This will be close, but I got this". I turn to my friend and say "dude, I was not on it all the way".

We get ready to do it from a stop. There are tons of people following to watch. He rev's up his auto and does a tranny slam on green. I floor it, and get 100% traction (Bone stock with 2.77's), and absolutely MURDER HIM off the line, and pulled away hard. I stop at 65 (I was honestly 6 cars ahead). He complains and says he would of caught up. So we do a roll, he says 30 mph (not good for him, I get a nice downshift to 1st there), and I smoke him again.

We get back home, and he says he was reeling me in, I shouldnt of stopped . Then he wanted to hit the highway and hit 100 mph +. I said "The car proved itself already, no more". Rumor has it he really does not like me.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:59 PM

Car: '92 Toyota Pickup
Engine: 22R-E
Transmission: 5sp Manual
Axle/Gears: 4:??
Originally posted by IROCThe5.7L
I said "The car proved itself already, no more". Rumor has it he really does not like me.

"No More"
Old 11-29-2005, 01:20 AM
TGO Supporter

Car: '02 Rodeo
Engine: 3.2 V6 DOHC
Transmission: 5spd
Axle/Gears: 4.30 Dana 44 Rear 10 bolt front
for me i think the best was beating an LO3 rs when i had my old civic, yes i know they are both slow, but the look on the guys face when i stayed with him from a low speed roll to slowly pulling away was priceless 'jawdrop'
and then racing that same civic (w/ my friend driving) with my 92 rs and beating it from a stop twice and from 2 diff roll speeds
Old 11-29-2005, 02:44 AM

Car: 92 Mustang Coupe/89 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0 carb'd/305
Transmission: T5/T5
Axle/Gears: 3.73 and stock TrakLok/stock GM
My best memory was from high school in my old 85 Berly....

Local "*****" had some 93 civic hatch....usual mods, CAI, chip, exhaust, 3k ocmputer, etc....EVERYONE thought he was something. Anyways, I had just gotten back from my spring break "modfest" on my 85 berly. Mods were as follows...L69/700R4, Performer RPM intake, edelbrock 625cfm carb, shortie headers into dumped dual exhaust, 3.08 posi traction rear B&M Megashifter, 2400 stall convertor, AC/smog/etc removed, fiberglass 84 Z28 hood, fresh "performance" tune-up, and sitting on 15in Z28 wheels with 255 series rubber out back...

Me and my buddy Justin (who had an 89RS) were heaidng down to our cars after school. Everyone always hung out before leaving as it always took a bit to get to leave (usually 15-20 minutes). We are BSing with a fellow thirdGenner (87Z28) and a Mustang guy (97GT). Anyways, the guy in the Honda, Neil, ocmes over and asks whats so special about my car? I say nothing, I just gave it a few performance mods. He proceeds into about 5 continuous minutes of ****talk. I tell him to put his money where his mouth is and I offer a simple 50 dollar race, in which Justin backed me up with 25 bucks. He said no problem, he'd "wax my junky *** Firebird"

So me, Justin, the GT, Z28, Neil, and a few others go out to the local "spot...it was an old backroad that lots of people had street raced before. No traffic EVER came down this road and the "stop mark was the two-lane bridge. We got there and I backed up about 15 feet from the Starting line......And proceed to foot-brake one helluva burnout. Car is getitng nasty and sideways and I leto ut and roll up to the line. put it in Neutral and throw a couple revs. I check my stock gauges and everything looks fine. the LFagger, Justin, is lining us up. He gives me a second to Stall my car up and my rear end is up in the air, Im stalled at about 2300RPM and when he drops his arms, I punch it and it burns the tires off....I let out and punch it and it hooks. I slam 2nd gear with him at my door, and I chirp the tires and begin pulling away from him....slam 3rd gear and Im about 4 cars ahead...we cross the bridge with me about 5-6 solid car lengths ahead....I let out and he flies by me. I stop, and turn around and proceed to collect my cash from the Middleman....guy comes back and says I have NAAAWWWSSSSS...I pop my hood and hatch and he cant find it anywhere. For the last 2 months of school, everyone thought my car was fast...hell I even thoguht it was fast ROFL.....till I got a dose of reality and rode in 13 second LS1's....then my car feltl iek a turd.

Never got a chance to run it....Id guess it was a mid 14's car at best. It ran strong as hell though....and it was my first Chevy and first HotRod....after that, its always been a quest for speed
Old 11-29-2005, 04:00 AM

Car: 86 Firebird, 2002 Monte Carlo, 91 v
Transmission: 700R4
they could have been NAMBLA members for all I know.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:56 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '82 Z28
Transmission: TH400 4,000 stall
Axle/Gears: Currie 9", 4.56 gears
2 or so months after getting the 350 going I had my first real race. Friend of mine challenged me in a 400, aluminum head equipped 1st gen. My car was running like absolute crap from a stuck secondary float but we ran them anyway from a 10 mph roll. He went first then I did, shift to 2nd and holy crap I'm passing him, shift to 3rd and he's falling back further I let off to slow down for the turn to go back to his place and he was 6 or more car lengths back.

He gave me a big thumbs up and we headed back. Felt like the king of the hill for a week He used to be a well known street racer back in the day. What was really funny, every time I'd go and visit him and take off, I'd only go about half throttle. He thought that's all my car had in it and would for sure wax me with the other car
Old 11-29-2005, 03:06 PM

Car: '92 Camaro RS
Engine: LO3
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 open diff
The first month or so that I had my RS, it seemed like everywhere I went I encountered people that wanted to race. One of my first races was against an SHO. It looked like it was pretty worn out, although the proud new owner (it had temp tags) seemed to be having a lot of fun with it. He was driving in front of me and after a while, he started throwing revs at me. Shortly after, we stopped at a stop sign and then he nailed it, smoking the tires pretty good. I took off after him, and suprisingly pulled on him, and saw a wide open road so I slowly pulled past him. The SHO probably needed a tune or something because it probably should have beaten me. Either way, not too bad for an old LO3.

After we slowed back down, he pulled up beside me a couple miles later at a traffic light. "No way thats a stock RS, that exhaust sounds like you got a built V8 under the hood." I told him it was just a stock 305 with a catback, and he said "You got yourself a pretty nice sleeper there, you don't see many RS Camaros with a V8." People just don't expect much from an RS because they were never fast in stock form. If he thinks that's a sleeper, just wait until I get myself a 350
Old 11-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 182 Likes on 159 Posts
Re: bragging rights

Originally posted by purpleZ-28.so what win makes you the proudest of? i think the shining night of my Z was the night it beat an s2000, or a turbo mr2. more the turbo mr2 i think.
Proudest win: After my older cousin and I installed the 454 into my Z28 (he talked me into it), we set the timing, then finished up adjusting the carb. For days, this one schmuck in his TT-Supra would constantly pull up on our corner, then take off like a bat out of hell (he was known for having one of the fastest cars in the neighborhood). Anyways, the engine was now tuned, and it was now time to take her out on the street....

As fate would have it, we came across that same TT-Supra that has been egging us on since we got started on the freaking swap. My cousin was driving my car, as that Supra so eagerly pulled up next to us on Route 9. If felt like we were waiting for the light to change for almost a half an our.... as my entire body started shaking in anticipation.

You see, my cousin knew the outcome before it even started... but I was still relatively new, to the big block world. Sitting there getting intimidated from the sound of that Supra's BOV, my cousing was smiling at me, while saying, "watch, you just watch" (as he grasped the shifter firmly).

Suddenly.... the light turned green!!!! BAM, my cousin dropped the throttle, and the Z28's nose almost went straight up into the air. The reclining mechanism on the passenger seat had immediately snapped like a twig, with my head now lying just inches above the back seat. I couldn't even lift my head up to see what the hell was going on (torque was too great), and all I could hear was the roar of the engine, and my cousin screaming out loud to himself, while glancing in the rear view mirror, "YEAH BABY, YOU STAY BACK THERE"!!!!

... unfortunately, I can't verify how much we won by , but I can honestly say that that was the most memorable, and proudest, win for me (even with me being just a spectator that day.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2006 Corvette
Engine: LS2
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42s
one of my most memorable wins was at the track against a turboed 240. kid had a crowd of googlee eyed high school kids all drooling at what had to be the smallest turbo i ever saw. to top it off, the car had a huge sticker on the back window that read "surgeon generals warning: its ok to smoke V8s". as we got closer to the tree, i realized i was going to run this ***** hero. we lined up and i launched on him like he was standing still. probably had about 5 - 6 lengths on him by the end of the quarter. after that, he didnt have a crowd around his car anymore!
Old 11-30-2005, 03:38 AM
stu
Supreme Member

Re: Re: bragging rights

Originally posted by Street Lethal
[B] this one schmuck in his TT-Supra would constantly pull up on our corner, then take off like a bat out of hell
You know it's still not that fast if it's still TT.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1999 Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: A4
Well, I have an LG4 so keep this in mind.

I raced my buddies L69 84 TA From a dig, twice. Beat it each time. I thought it was pretty cool. He rebuilt his motor and trans, did a full exhaust and now he rapes me..........until my 355 is done
Old 11-30-2005, 08:24 PM

Originally posted by IROCThe5.7L
Just got my IROC. Very new to cars at the time. Did not know much. This kid comes over with an Integra while everyones looking at my new ride I brought home. Sure enough, five minutes later, here comes the **** talking (It's old, it's a 305....etc). He starts naming off all these mods he has (CAI, exhaust, chip), and I was getting kind of nervous (remember, I was a newbie).

So after more BS, I agree to race him. On the way to the "spot", he floors it next to me, I gave it some gas, but not WOT. The kid turns to me and is like "This will be close, but I got this". I turn to my friend and say "dude, I was not on it all the way".

We get ready to do it from a stop. There are tons of people following to watch. He rev's up his auto and does a tranny slam on green. I floor it, and get 100% traction (Bone stock with 2.77's), and absolutely MURDER HIM off the line, and pulled away hard. I stop at 65 (I was honestly 6 cars ahead). He complains and says he would of caught up. So we do a roll, he says 30 mph (not good for him, I get a nice downshift to 1st there), and I smoke him again.
haha, i got a story somewhat like that, its not the most imprssive win ever, but its still funny as hell.

about 6 months ago i got my 85 Z-28 that someone turned into a G92, they had a wrecked G92 and a stock v6 85 in good condition, so they just played the swap game. anyway.

there was this civic id seen around alot, and i know the guy that puts all the wrench time into it (the owner makes him do all the work) so ive seen this thing go from bone stock to what it is today. i was coming home from my girlfriends house, and i see the civic, and i thought, hmm, i think ill start something, see what hes made Oscar do to it.
so i get up next to him, push in the clutch rev it up, and kinda travel even with him. well, he sees the challenge and he wants to race. so we get up next to each other at the stoplight, and hes revin his engine (sounds like its gonna blow at any second) and the light turns green. its wet out and i burnt my tires pretty good, so he took off and actually beat me to the next light. but at the next light, i was alittle more careful, and i smoked his ***! good lord i must have been 7 or 8 car lengths ahead of him. he didnt even pull up next to me at the next light, he turned on to some alley. i actually havent seen him since now that i think about it.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:57 PM
stu
Supreme Member

How can you lose one race, then beat him by 8 car lengths the next race?
Old 12-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1999 Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: A4
Originally posted by stu
I am gonna be nice here and say he was was still learning how to race.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:42 PM

everyone will hate me but I was proud when I beat a toyota camry or something with my car after I dropped the new engine into it. Now I know this sounds lame but try beating a car with an engine that was well lets make a list

*not timed, misfired like a punk above 1200 RPM

*air/fuel was and still is completely off, The car would flood on idle

*transmission was HORRIBLY bad, It later EXPLODED on the way down to DFW texas.

*spark plugs were bad. Terra (my camaro) doesn't like bosch +4

the car felt like it had 100 hp.... MAYBE. it was a slug, and the funny thing was I was just test driving the camaro and I didn't know the guy next to me was trying to race. When I reached the light he was like "I can't beat you" I was like "uh sorry?" then right after the race my car yet againt ... stalled. but I was proud, after 4 years building this engine its finally working.... somewhat.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by stu
being uphill in the first on wet pavement, and downhill the next. and yeah, it wasnt 8, maybe more around 6
Old 12-03-2005, 08:26 PM

Re: Re: Re: bragging rights

Originally posted by stu
You know it's still not that fast if it's still TT.
depends on the year, newer TT supras can put out over 1000 RWHP. no joke
Old 12-04-2005, 10:28 AM

Car: '83 Z28
Axle/Gears: 3:73
Originally posted by purpleZ-28
being uphill in the first on wet pavement, and downhill the next. and yeah, it wasnt 8, maybe more around 6
that's funny, you think you'd win in the uphill with more tq, and then loose in the downhill with less traction
Old 12-04-2005, 12:25 PM
stu
Supreme Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: bragging rights

depends on the year, newer TT supras can put out over 1000 RWHP. no joke
Very very few people keep the TT set-up when they build their Supras for past 500 hp.

All those 800-1,000 hp cars you are talking about are single turbo set-ups. No joke.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:29 PM

Originally posted by Red|ine
that's funny, you think you'd win in the uphill with more tq, and then loose in the downhill with less traction
uh. wet pavement plus uphill = no traction. downhill and wet pavement isnt so bad. and its a manual tranny.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:32 PM
stu
Supreme Member

I used to think that a hill would make a difference, but since both cars are subject to the same environment change, wouldn't it not matter?

The only thing I can think of is if both cars were racing at altitude and one was turbo or something.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:06 PM

Car: 92 Mustang Coupe/89 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0 carb'd/305
Transmission: T5/T5
Axle/Gears: 3.73 and stock TrakLok/stock GM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bragging rights

Originally posted by stu
Very very few people keep the TT set-up when they build their Supras for past 500 hp.

All those 800-1,000 hp cars you are talking about are single turbo set-ups. No joke.
theres a local one that did something that mocks the FD RX7 TT setup...hes got a big nasty turbo but he has a smaller one to help build boost up...I woulda just added spray but it comes into boost FAST......no real turbo lag at all....I think it runs like high 10's in the 1/4, not sure though.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:18 PM

Car: 92 Precision Red Firebird
Engine: v6->357 vortec xe262h rpm intake
Transmission: t5-> t56
Axle/Gears: 10bolt 3.42s
my best so far is on the highway when i spotted a newer bmw behind me jump into my lane and proceed to floor it and try to get by me to pass. as soon as i saw him coming about a car back i nailed it into 4th at about 80 and went dead even with him and started to pull 1/2 a car to 110 or so, he then had to back off so to not hit a semi. turned out it was a newer 745i, i was happy.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by stu
I used to think that a hill would make a difference, but since both cars are subject to the same environment change, wouldn't it not matter?

The only thing I can think of is if both cars were racing at altitude and one was turbo or something.
civics are front wheels drive, theyll get better traction, also theyre newer vehicles and some are equipped with traction control. throw in the automatic this guys running and he couldnt peel out if he wanted, he had the uphill start advantage.

about the TT's, i have no idea about them. i just know they make HUGE numbers. thats all i really know about em, except that id like to have one
Old 12-06-2005, 03:37 PM
stu
Supreme Member

civics are front wheels drive, theyll get better traction,
Wrong

also theyre newer vehicles and some are equipped with traction control.
Wrong

throw in the automatic this guys running and he couldnt peel out if he wanted,
Wrong

he had the uphill start advantage.
Wrong. Phew, that was a lot of work.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:49 PM
stu
Supreme Member

Okay, I felt like too much of a dick, let me explain.

When any car accelerates, all the weight is transferred to the back. In a FWD car, that means that all the weight is transferred right OFF of the drive wheels. That's why RWD cars can, and do, regularly destroy FWD cars out of "the hole."

No, Civic has traction control, not any released in the states anyway.

You are probably right about the auto part because it is a Civic, the least powerful car Honda has (not including the Insight) but in rain, and up a hill, I wouldn't be surprised if he still had traction problems.

A Civic will NEVER have a standing start advantage over a Camaro, ever. Unless the Civic has snow tires and the Camaro doesn't, they are both in a blizzard, the Civic idles off the line, and the Camaro has a 3,500 stall and does a full launch.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:32 PM

Car: 87 Z28
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T-56
a 98 c5 vert with a plate that said "smokes u" on it... just the other day... he pulled up after wards and i said "smokes who?" hahahahaha he was cool tho he asked what i had done etc etc.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:51 PM

Car: '83 Z28
Axle/Gears: 3:73
lol, stu.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:11 PM

Originally posted by stu
Okay, I felt like too much of a dick, let me explain.

When any car accelerates, all the weight is transferred to the back. In a FWD car, that means that all the weight is transferred right OFF of the drive wheels. That's why RWD cars can, and do, regularly destroy FWD cars out of "the hole."

No, Civic has traction control, not any released in the states anyway.

You are probably right about the auto part because it is a Civic, the least powerful car Honda has (not including the Insight) but in rain, and up a hill, I wouldn't be surprised if he still had traction problems.

A Civic will NEVER have a standing start advantage over a Camaro, ever. Unless the Civic has snow tires and the Camaro doesn't, they are both in a blizzard, the Civic idles off the line, and the Camaro has a 3,500 stall and does a full launch.
ok, enough of argueing theory of it. it happenned, and im not lying. i did not beat him by 8 car lengths, but about 4 or 5. so yeah, thoery yourself out man. go ahead, im just tellin you what happenned.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:34 PM

Car: 1985 Iroc pro street camaro
Engine: 496 Big block NOS fogger and NX dual stage plate
Transmission: 400 turbo reverse valve body with trans brake
the night i out ran a turbo eclipse. with my 2.77 rear gear still in lol it was great because the kid was real cocky lol shut him up!
Attached Thumbnails bragging rights-camaro-2.jpg  

Last edited by nxgenbrozracing; 12-09-2005 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:47 PM

Car: 91 RS, 92 z28, 02 SS
Engine: 305 TBI , 350 TPI, LS1
Transmission: 700R4, 700R4, 6-speed Manual
which one? ...the GSX

most memorable? hmmm..so many. Is it when i beat an SVT in 92 Z? Or maybe when i took my buddies T/A. (he had more done to his car at the time). Or could it be yesterday? You know what, I'ma go with yesterday. So yeah, I just picked up another 92 Z a couple months ago. As soon as I got her I started dropping cash, on a slight budget. Thermo, chip, full exhaust (headers back), ram air system, etc. (for more info view where did you get your car in the history forum). So anyway, about 2 weeks after i got the Z my buddy, who previously drove a Kia, pulls up in his new Eclipse GSX (AWD, TT). Right away he starts talking about how he'd waste either of my cars, I just laughed. I told him he MIGHT take the SS, but i doubted even that. And when you think about the fact that my SS is still fairly stock, outside of the SLP options, I'm only running about 325-340 hp. My 92 is running about the same, but it's a bit lighter. So anyway, he didn't have any clue what i had done to the 92 already, since I basically just got it. We prolly would have found out right then and there, but he had to go to work and i had to go get my girl, so the race was put off. I haven't really seen him much lately cos our schedules don't work out to well. So he shows up at my house yesterday, looks at the 92 and didn't think I've done anything other than cosmetics. He wants to race, both of my cars. So I pull out the SS first, thinking he'd beat me in that and then i could take him in the 92. We line up for a dig, light turns green, we both drop into first, and with AWD, he just launches ahead off the line. By the time I hit third, I was coming up on his door. By the time we cut it, we called it tied( but i think i had an inch or two on him). He starts saying how the way that race went i didn't stand a chance in the 92. The Z is auto, rebuilt the rear end (3.73), but when i race i drive it like a clutchless manual. He was so cocky about it I couldn't resist. So we take the cars to the same spot. Same race, different car. Again he took me off the line, but once i Put her up into 2, it started to look like he was hitting the brakes, slam it up to drive, and I'm gone, beat him by about 1/2 -1 car length(didn't spend too much time watching him). So that's gotta be the most memorable. For now. Only problem is that now he's all cocky about my SS. I blame it on bad shifting on my part, put it's making me want to start building her up more. And she's my daily. So i bought a truck. new daily. I'ma make sure I slay that eclipse in the SS the next time i go up against him. Then I'll be putting that up here as Most Memorable.

Build a Bad Bowtie!!
Attached Thumbnails bragging rights-double-up.jpg  

Last edited by wstdintllgnce; 12-11-2005 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:26 PM
stu
Supreme Member

No Eclipse is twin turbo, it's just one, and a small one at that. Good kill.

I like the way you tell it. "I put it in drive and I was gone. GONE. I was so far ahead I could hardly see him."

"I took him by 1/2 to 1 car length."

ROFL
Old 12-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 182 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by stu.I like the way you tell it. "I put it in drive and I was gone. GONE. I was so far ahead I could hardly see him."

"I took him by 1/2 to 1 car length."

ROFL
Now that was funny...
Old 12-11-2005, 04:51 PM

ok, sorry bout the twin turbo thing, i always thought the GSX had twins with the all wheel, i was wrong. Not that i care, cos I'm a muscle man, not a r!ce boy. And I just talked to him, and like I said i wasn't watching him, but the road. When I did look he was a car length behind me, at the finish, after i let off the gas. I was just talking to him about it, and he said I actually had him by about 4-5. And what I meant by gone, is that once it kicked it looked like he stopped, and i shot up in front of him. So there it is, my bad. whoops.

Last edited by wstdintllgnce; 12-11-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:19 PM
stu
Supreme Member

No need to appoligize, I wasn't calling you out, I just thought it was pretty funny.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:37 PM

yeah, after i read your post i reread mine and realized how naive and funny that actually is. Gone at 1/2 a car length- i prolly would have said something too. That's why i called him up and talked to him about it. I did better than i thought LOL.

Build a Bad Bowtie!!
Old 12-12-2005, 12:51 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '82 Z28
Transmission: TH400 4,000 stall
Axle/Gears: Currie 9", 4.56 gears
Quit attaching that huge image please.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:16 AM
stu
Supreme Member

You don't want to see that stock SS over and over again?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:27 AM

ok, since it is a 3rd gen site, i'll trim out the ss, and only post it when i'm discussing it. Then all you'll have to see is my Z. Don't be jealous now. J/K. and by the way, i already started ordering parts and tearing down the SS....so by summer she won't be stock anymore. She'll be running 7s if i do it right.

last time i'm posting this huge image.
Build a Bad Bowtie!!
Old 12-12-2005, 01:33 AM
stu
Supreme Member

Originally posted by wstdintllgnce
She'll be running 7s if i do it right.

Is 1/8th mile racing even fun at all?

Quick Reply: bragging rights