Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Got beat by a Viper GTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 04:24 PM
stu
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would you hate something just because it's not American? Better turn off your computer, and your phone.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 2018 Camaro SS
Engine: LT1 w/Paxton 1500SL
Originally posted by stu
Why would you hate something just because it's not American? Better turn off your computer, and your phone.

What a tool. He must've gotten beat by to many Supra's in his ultra cool, super-trash cutlass
Old 08-22-2005, 07:01 AM

Yeah, Camaro is becoming a collecters car and not the performance car they were meant to be, but third gens (maybe 2nd gens) were still the slowest camaros in all the generations. (My dad boasted allot he could shut down any newer camaro with his old 69) Because of the new restrictions on cars being passed around those times. Plus Camaros were never Chevrolets top performer, Corvette was. Camaro was kind of the budget racer. Not putting Camaros down at all, Camaros are definetly my favorite car, Corvette just doesn't work for me...

Dodge vipers will always remind my of little hot wheels cars and Mcdonalds prizes.
Allot of people may say it's a disgrace to rip apart a camaro to make it faster, but I think a camaro deserves some boost, need to show the younger generations and hondas What the spanish word Camaro Stands for. (To move)
My friend has a 74 buick regal, just cruising down the road and a pontiac grand am came even with us and the passenger hung his head out the window and started yelling something about showing an old 2 ton rust bucket what racing was, he floored it and pulled about a car lengths ahead. Jess tapped the gas and pulled up next to him, the pontiac floored it and dragged the bumper real low and pulled about a car lengths ahead and was pulling away very hard, Jess only pushed it about half way and the engine gave a little more pep and completely and totally left that pontiac in it's wake.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:24 AM
stu
Supreme Member

What are you talking about?
Old 08-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by ToKo

Allot of people may say it's a disgrace to rip apart a camaro to make it faster, but I think a camaro deserves some boost, need to show the younger generations and hondas What the spanish word Camaro Stands for. (To move)
Camaro actually comes from a french word. I think its similar to comrade. Bascially camaro is roughly translated to the word "friend"

And just like stu, i have no idea what you're really talking about or even trying to get at...

edit: i didn't know 4.6L v6's existed in chevy's lineup
Old 08-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 Iroc Z28
Engine: The KING of the 3rd gen TPI's.
Transmission: Beefed up T5
Axle/Gears: Aussie 3.45's
How about to "move" like a "friend".

This thread has gotten bogus.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 84z, 65 elcamino
Engine: l69 and a hyped up sbc in the camino
Transmission: t5 m21
Axle/Gears: 373s 411s
this thread needs to die
Old 08-24-2005, 08:24 PM

Car: 1991 pontiac GTA, and a1992 pontiac firebird
Engine: 5.7 l98, and a 3.1 for now
Transmission: 700-r4s
i raced a viper in my GTA once, ok so it was more of i got along side of him and tryed to take off....and he just paced me for a second and was gone. at the next light i looked over and he was smilein and he gave me the thumbs up. much better reaction than youd get from a vette
Old 08-24-2005, 08:44 PM

Car: 1985 iroc
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: auto
Listen, my brother had an Audi S4 (twin Turbo, not stock, about 325HP, all wheel drive). That was one of the fastest cars I was ever in because all you had to do was redline the car and pop the clutch, no problems with traction. Everyone and their mothers wanted to race him, but he never did. Yeah its fun, but for what? He destroyed anyone on the street who tried to race him and then he just stopped racing after about a month of having the car. My point is that if I had a viper (my favorite car), I would not race every guy who came up along side me. First off its a $90K peice of machinery, and second, it will beat you! If a mint Z06, or a Saleen pulls up, then yea, lets go. But If a **** burner, or some other crappy looking car comes by, I wont waste my time. Maybe a little show, like shift to third next to him and then down shift to second and mash the peddle and then get off it, just to show him who is boss. Also, i wouldn't be a *****. If guys start begging to race, and gets annoying, I would just pull out the specs on the car, and ask him for his!
Old 08-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Mlanzo
If guys start begging to race, and gets annoying, I would just pull out the specs on the car, and ask him for his!
Giving him your business card would also be a good idea
Old 08-24-2005, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by freestylzz
Giving him your business card would also be a good idea
HAHA! If the guy in the other car is cool, they will understand that they have no chance of beating you and that you are not gonna race. There was a situation when my brother had the S4. A young kid in a Civic hatchback wanted to race him. All he had was a cat back system. Lets figure this out:
90HP Stock + 20HP Muffler (maybe) = 110hp total.

The guy just didn't get it. My brother wouldn't race him, so every month the guy came looking for my bro with something new on his car. It was very funny. He would pull up and say "I got my 17 inch rims, I will beat you now", or "I put a wing on the back, lets race" My bro just laughed.
We went to Englishtown racetrack with the car one night and the kid was there, so my bro said lets race, but put a bet on it. Who knows how this story ended? Yes, your right, he didn't race. Although he flew past us on the highway when we where doing 55mph! HAHAHA
Old 08-25-2005, 12:51 PM
stu
Supreme Member

But If a **** burner, or some other crappy looking car comes by, I wont waste my time.
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....76887B7BF4&p=0

By the way, a full exhaust on a Civic will give it about 3-5 hp at the wheels, not 20. lol
Old 08-25-2005, 01:07 PM

Car: 1979 Corvette
Engine: 355, TFS heads, comp 270H cam, 10.5 comp.
Transmission: 700r4/ 3:55 posi/ 2500 stall
Originally posted by mustbeatmopar
much better reaction than youd get from a vette
What are you talking about? I get alot of people playing with me, I am not a dick to them unless they are to me. I know alot of vette owners and they are very cool individuals. Like its been said before though, ****** drive all kinds of cars. Saying something like that is just ignorant.

This has nothing to do with the topic but since we are posting fun videos I thought I might post this one showing vette owners do play around too. Vette fun

Last edited by 79vette; 08-25-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:18 PM

i was refering to the fact that most (not all so dont get in a huff and call me ignorant) dont use the cars for what they are intended. most vette drivers are middleaged men with to much money. they buy a fast car and get pissed if any one wants them to ..GASP... use that power let alone abuse it. i personally dont like vettes because instead of being the the street machines that they are people have turned them in to status symbols. watch an episode off mtv cribs, nearly everyone of the people on those shows have vettes, and usually it waqs the first car they bought when they got rich. now that being said, again not all vette owners are like that some acttualy enjoy thier cars, instead of puttsing down a main road doing 20 mile an hour under the speed limit (true story, it was a 99-03 yellow vette doing 35 in a 55! guy got pissed when i passed him)
Old 08-25-2005, 02:45 PM
stu
Supreme Member

Vettes are made soley just so people who can afford them will buy them. It's just the next level up in the price discrimination modle for GM. You know why GM doesn't have a $400,000 exotic? Because no one would pay $400,000 for a Chevy.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:44 PM

Listen, the Vette is like a Viper in a lot of ways. These are both cars that can be put against Porches, Farraris and Lambos, and win in a few areas. I give a lot of respect to the Vette because it is half the price of a Viper. You are getting a lot for your money in a Vette. I wish Chevy made all of their cars as good as they make the Vette. My parents had a 98 Malibu and it was such a piece of junk. If a guy in a Vette was cruising at 35 in a 55, what do you care? And how did you see that he got pissed if you passed him? Maybe the car was brand new and he wanted to break it in, or he had a flat, or something broke! You dont know! And don't yourself, if you had a convertable yellow corvette with 400hp, you would be a cocky lil bastard too! Just my 2 cents!
Old 08-25-2005, 05:15 PM

they buy a fast car and get pissed if any one wants them to ..GASP... use that power let alone abuse it. i personally dont like vettes because instead of being the the street machines that they are people have turned them in to status symbols.
So you dont like vettes because most of the owners are not going 184 mph all the time in them? Heck most cars can exceed 100 mph so why doesnt everyone drive them to their built potential? Perhaps one reason you see vettes not tearing up all the streets and racing everyone is because of the fact most of them are owned by older more mature people who dont feel the need to prove their cars performance to every other car on the road. You should lurk on corvetteforum.com, those people will jump all over you if you mention the fact you exceeded the speed limit by as little 1 mph on a public road. But at the same time they got some of the most knowlegeable people on there to aid in getting your engine stronger and perform better at the strip or race track where racing is legal and safe. What I am saying is you are ignorant of what the corvette community is like. Lurk around some vette forums for a few months and then come back and say most vette owners are slow old men that hate to go fast. But yes there are people that do buy a vette just cause they can, but that the same with any other expensive car. I would say vettes are the lesser extent for the "status symbol only buyers" Because you can buy car twice as expensive as a vette and get less performance in almost all aspects just because it says porsche on it. I dont hate porsches because I see a few people use them only to go to work in. nor would I assume most buyers of them must be like that guy. My experiance is that alot of vettes are bought to be someones toy that is driven hard in safe places such as back country roads or real racetracks. So are alot of the exotics and vipers. The owners are smart enough to not put people at risk for their own pleasure. My vette club does exactly that. Once a month they go to gingerman raceway and beat the hell out of their vettes and the next weekend we go to union grove drag strip to abuse them even more in a legal and safe enviroment.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:17 PM

If a guy in a Vette was cruising at 35 in a 55, what do you care? And how did you see that he got pissed if you passed him? Maybe the car was brand new and he wanted to break it in, or he had a flat, or something broke! You
i knew he was pissed because i looked right at him when i passed him, he gave me a dirty look. and i care because i had to follow this guy for 2 miles before i could pass him. 5 miles under the limit thats not much to complain about, but 20 come on. and if something was broke on my vette i wouldnt be limping it home, nor wold i drive on a flat. plain and simple i would not drive a vette im opposed to what they have become. just MY two cents
Old 08-25-2005, 05:26 PM

i knew he was pissed because i looked right at him when i passed him, he gave me a dirty look. and i care because i had to follow this guy for 2 miles before i could pass him. 5 miles under the limit thats not much to complain about, but 20 come on. and if something was broke on my vette i wouldnt be limping it home, nor wold i drive on a flat. plain and simple i would not drive a vette im opposed to what they have become. just MY two cents
Where are you???? Mars??? Come back to Earth!!! What has the Vette BECOME???? The best performace car on the street?? Chevy is giving us 400HP for under $50K!! My brother had an S4 Audi, he killed a stock Z06 off the line and for about 10 feet untill the Vette was redlined in first and then took off like a bat outta hell when he slammed into 2nd, all we saw was his tail lights!! Give respect where respect is due. .

You say that guys in Vettes are old millionares, well you give thirdgens bad names. Thirdgens are associated with young puncks because they cant afford a Vette!!

And the guy probally gave you a dirty look because you where tail gatin him for 2 miles! On the road, relax and be safe, there are too many things that could go wrong!
Old 08-25-2005, 05:32 PM
stu
Supreme Member

It's plain and simple. People who don't understand why people with fast cars don't drive them fast, have slow cars. That's just all that there is to it. You'll NEVER hear someone with a fast car complaing about someone else with a fast car driving too slow.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by stu
It's plain and simple. People who don't understand why people with fast cars don't drive them fast, have slow cars. That's just all that there is to it. You'll NEVER hear someone with a fast car complaing about someone else with a fast car driving too slow.
True, True!!

You have to know what you have under your hood. If some ricers pulled up next to me all night, I would probally race 2 cars out of the 10 that are following me. I like their pissed off look when I wont race them. They can't understand that they are not beating me with their bolt on lawn mower muffler!!

Pick and choose your battles!
Old 08-25-2005, 06:03 PM
stu
Supreme Member

Watch it now, I'm a *****.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by stu
Ya I tend to agree with that. It's funny how many people with jelopies drive like they think they have an F1 car in their hands. like they got something to prove?
Old 08-25-2005, 06:11 PM

Ya I tend to agree with that. It's funny how many people with jelopies drive like they think they have an F1 car in their hands. like they got something to prove?
I agree too...If you have 2 cars that are beaters then race eachother and other beat up cars. Dont pull up to a Vette or Stang and strat revving the engine!! I used to have an 88 Nova 5 speed, beater. It was so much fun to drive, my friend had a Sentra and we used to race eachother. The cars would take 10 minutes to get to 50!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Supreme Member

Please buy a Mitsubishi or something...NOW!

So you wouldn't buy a vette because you've seen a few middle aged guys driving slow?

I have a better reason why you wouldn't buy one...BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY CAN'T AFFORD ONE

The new vettes are pound for pound dollar for dollar one of the best go fast cars for the $$$.

Last edited by fly89gta; 08-25-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by fly89gta
Please buy a Mitsubishi or something...NOW!

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

So you wouldn't buy a vette because you've seen a few middle aged guys driving slow?

I have a better reason why you wouldn't buy one...BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY CAN'T AFFORD ONE

The new vettes are pound for pound dollar for dollar one of the best go fast cars for the $$$.
fly89gta, if I may correct you, the Vette "IS" the best go fast car.

Old 08-25-2005, 07:31 PM

have a better reason why you wouldn't buy one...BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY CAN'T AFFORD ONE
well we cant all be rich bastards.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Supreme Member

fly89gta, if I may correct you, the Vette "IS" the best go fast car.

Sorry, if I was in the market for that class of car I'd be looking at the Porsche 911 turbo.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '72 Chevy Nova
Engine: Solid roller 355
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 8.5" 10-bolt 3.73 Posi
Originally posted by stu
Exactly stu. I know i don't drive a super fast or super nice car by any means, but it's the best i could afford and I think she's pretty nice.

When i had my f*cked up '85 Z28 (LG4 powered) I would beat it to ****, never take care of it and do burnouts all day long.

When i drive now I drive carefully, and don't race everyone all the time. When a kid asks me to do a burnout, I just sort of roll my eyes, or reply with "Wanna pay for my tires?" It's not cockiness, it's just maturity.

IMHO, the current C6 is DEFINETLY the best price/performance vehicle on the market. The new Z06 will be even better. If I had the cash, I would buy a new 'Vette. It's new, it's fast, it looks good and it has a frickin' warranty. And no, I wouldn't race people either. Maybe a spirited hop on the freeway on the onramp, but that's about it.

Last edited by urbanhunter44; 08-25-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Supreme Member

Sorry, if I was in the market for that class of car I'd be looking at the Porsche 911 turbo.
For double the price....
Old 08-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Supreme Member

well we cant all be rich bastards.
Man, you really are showing your age...
Old 08-25-2005, 07:52 PM

Are you crazy?? The 911 Turbo is $130K, you can by 3 1/2 Z06's with that. They can be in the same class performance wise, but the price class is way off! What are some numbers on the 911??
Old 08-25-2005, 08:27 PM

Man, you really are showing your age...
i wont be this young and stupid forever. mite as well enjoy it. and if idid fall *** backward into money, i wouldnt buy a new car. id buy several old cars. i may be young but i have an appreceation for old metal
Old 08-25-2005, 08:28 PM

i wont be this young and stupid forever. mite as well enjoy it. and if idid fall *** backward into money, i wouldnt buy a new car. id buy several old cars. i may be young but i have an appreceation for old metal
You just hit the lotto: What do you buy?
Old 08-25-2005, 08:33 PM

1957 chevy belair cant decide on black or red......followed by a 50s era pickup, stepside, which i lift and put hugre tires on just for fun. these two are soon followed by a vanishing point style challanger witha hemi (i dont hate all mopar). then i drop a lot of cash turning my 3.1 bird into a badass prostreet machine, just because people use to make fun of her....
Old 08-25-2005, 08:45 PM

1957 chevy belair cant decide on black or red......followed by a 50s era pickup, stepside, which i lift and put hugre tires on just for fun. these two are soon followed by a vanishing point style challanger witha hemi (i dont hate all mopar). then i drop a lot of cash turning my 3.1 bird into a badass prostreet machine, just because people use to make fun of her....
Why hate Mopars? I had a 69 Roadrunner! They are great cars, parts are just too expensive. The Challenger is mint! I love that car. You have to get an everyday car if you hit the lotto, com on! What new car are you getting? You cant take the escorts out to eat in any of those cars!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:10 AM
stu
Supreme Member

Since when do you have to be rich to afford the poor man's exotic? I mean a Vette.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:48 AM

well the mopar crack is about my friends car (73 satilite) plus the name mustbeatmopar....so thats what that ment. and new? an 02 trans am would be cool but its not on my top ten. i also forgot id want a 70 firebird, cameo white blue stripes. a coronet would be cool to. them cars are badass. hell id get an old mustang fastback just to prove im not maker biased. new cars dont have alot going for them except the new powerplants are pretty amazing. to much plastic, not enough style. the 57 chevy is my fav. though. theres just somethin about those fins.....
Old 08-26-2005, 07:24 AM
stu
Supreme Member

New cars also turn, and stop, and have seat belts and safety devices that will save your life, and air conditioning......
Old 08-26-2005, 10:32 AM

well i never use the ac on my car, i just roll down my window. and who really wants to stop or turn? seriosly though your right new cars are safer and more technologicaly advanced. but as far as style is concerned older cars from the late fiffties to the mid to late seventies have got them beat. its like this.....the three stoogies might be in black and white but ts still funny as hell. see where im going with this?
Old 08-26-2005, 01:16 PM
stu
Supreme Member

What I see is that everyone has their own opinion, which is fine. I've never liked hotrods or classic cars, they do absolutely nothing for me. I see them as old Apple computers.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by stu
What I see is that everyone has their own opinion, which is fine. I've never liked hotrods or classic cars, they do absolutely nothing for me. I see them as old Apple computers.
Even old apple computers sell for a pretty penny these days. Go figure
Old 08-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '72 Chevy Nova
Engine: Solid roller 355
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 8.5" 10-bolt 3.73 Posi
Personally I'd love to have an old car for a show car, but my FAST car will always be a new one, with new technology.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:51 PM

To each his own I guess, I like making old vettes beat new ones.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:52 PM
stu
Supreme Member

I like old Beetles, but only because they are light, small, and simple. They can handle pretty well also. I like how the old (I think) '30's Mercurys look, but I wouldn't buy one.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:48 PM

I like making old vettes beat new ones.
now THAT i respect! id like to make my GTA beat an LS1 but for now ill settle for what i got. its plentty fast for me.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by stu
I like old Beetles, but only because they are light, small, and simple. They can handle pretty well also. I like how the old (I think) '30's Mercurys look, but I wouldn't buy one.
Ill, a beetle??? Those cars are horrible! The exhaust sounds sooo bad!
Old 08-26-2005, 05:56 PM
stu
Supreme Member

Not when you've got a monster motor and a good exhaust.

Boxer motors are sweet.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:58 PM

Originally posted by stu
Not when you've got a monster motor and a good exhaust.

Boxer motors are sweet.
Do you mean BOXSTER?? As in the Porsche Boxster?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:32 PM
stu
Supreme Member

Umm, I don't think so, but it's possible. How about a flat motor, that's the correct term anyway.

Quick Reply: Got beat by a Viper GTS