Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

What a Friday evening!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 Mustang Coupe/89 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0 carb'd/305
Transmission: T5/T5
Axle/Gears: 3.73 and stock TrakLok/stock GM
What a Friday evening!!!

Ok, had a little fun in my Camaros this evening:

After getting my new tools from the Snap On guy:rockon: me and my cousin went out to Jefferson Mall on the main strip, where basicially all the "cruisers" are at. Anywho, after picking up a few Christmas gifts we leave and Im on the Outer Loop, which is a side road of sorts that leads onto the main strecth called Preston Highway. So, Im sitting in traffic and I hear a rev come from my left (2 lane highway). I look over and I see 2 (very beautiful) females in a mid 90's red Civic, Altezza taillights, wheels, and a fart cannon but no tinted windows. I look over and nod my head and they are all gigglin and such. They rev again and I throw a rev back....then traffic moves and they jump behind me in traffic. So, I make the turn onto Preston Highway and my cousin is in the passenger seat tellin me to start "mackin" on the ladies Anywho, I cruise out onto Preston and am making my way to the Expressway when I hit a stoplight which then goes into a downhill and at the bottom about 500M or so is the ramp onto the Expressway.

So, I get to the light and up beside me pulls a sky blue early 90's Taurus (SHO body) with big chrome wheels, fart cannon, tinted windows, big stupid wing and a "VTEC" emblem on the fender...plus some AutoZone graphics on the side. Im at the light, window down and I look over and nearly bust out... So, The dude rolls his window down and is some black "gangsta" lookin dude He says "Yo dawg, you wanna throw some G's down?"
I **** my eyebrow and say " Um G's? You wanting to race for some cash?"
"Right here, right now dawg. Its gonna be too much of a rush for ya."
By this time, Im really wanting to laugh so hard it isnt funny and my cousin already is. I say why the hell not, this is gonna be funny beyond comparison. So, I tell him we'll race till the ramp, cause I gotta get on the Expressway. He says he'll already be home by then and that his NAWWWSS will leave me in the dust So, I get into my convertor and light goes green, Im mauling that right tire Im sliding off the line and beat him by like a car already, so I just throw it up into OD and let it shift itself......needless to say, after about halfway I let out and had already beaten him by like 8 cars or so....no kidding.....dude does the normal FlyBy and I get on the ramp to drop my cousin off at his house.
On the way to his house, Im on the Expressway and its kinda crowded, so I switch the CC on and this idiot in a late model Eclipse, with Altezza's, wing, wheels, glow kit and such is weaving in and out of traffic like a complete ***...he almost caused like 4 wrecks no joke. so, the Expressway clears and the dude is trying to race this Town Car but the OLD COUPLE wont race :rofl:....So, once its clear and we hit this straight stretch I cruise up beside him, dude is some goofy lookin "white guy trying to be black" of some sorts and he guns it from a 55MPH roll so I stomp it and the car Double downshifts into 2nd and the tire spins a little and I catch up the car I lost and slowly just pull away and when I let out at about 80MPH I had about a car and a half on him....he slowed down quite a bit and used those magical things called turn signals after that LOL....And the chicks in the Civic came up beside me after the Eclipse got off and they gave me a thumbs up/cheering of sorts lol....sign of approval....then they got off too ...no phone number lol

I drop my cousin off and hopped into my 82 which is parked in his garage until next week, cause I love cruising in the T-top, mainly cause it looks and sounds mean...not to mention sucks my wallet dry of money lol....SO, I go out and cruise a little, stopped by a local hangout and chatted for a few with a dude with an 86 Monte SS w/L69, guy with an 81 Malibu that runs 8.50's in the 1/8th, and my buddy with the Lincoln. We chatted for a few (hoods popped of course ) and this burgandy IROC-Z pulls through the lot and is creeping though. My buddy with the Lincoln tells me that he is gonna go bust this dudes @$$ (ever since he ran a 9.6 pass he thinks he can beat everything lol ) Anyways, the IROC guy pulls up and asks me if I wanted to run 'em. I said sure, long as it is outta the open, cause it is cruise night. He said sure and that once I got beat I needed to park my POS cause its an embarassment to Camaros. Bryon hopped in the Lincoln and told him to follow him back to the stretch we were gonna race on. Once they leave I look over at my buddies and they did the same thing I was doin, checkin out emblems, interior, anything that could give any clue what it had. We assumed it was a late 80s (turned out to be an 89) 305TPI, non posi rear, pretty much stock with an automatic, sounded good....So, I tell them farewell and fire up the Camaro and roll out to race. Bryon lined us up and I told him to hold up and told the guy I wanted to warm my tires up....I backed up and fired the tires up, smoke everywhere and let it roll up to the line......Bryon lines us up and we come out the hole good, my Camaro hooks REALLY good and I blow him away out of the hole, and the whole time Im praying for a great shift to 2nd gear instead of slipping into 2nd....which happened! Shifted hard and I just left him big time, not sure but it was a couple cars no problem. Got to the end and Bryon was crackin on the dude, askin if he was the original "Pokie-mon" and if he was only at "half-throttle" (lame story dude in an 89 LO3 Formula told me when I smoked him in my RS). Guy made and excuse or two and I said "Look man, just take your loss and stop making lame excuses." He shut up got into his car and left. I told Bryon I was gonna go home and bid farewell. I went back to my cousins and parked the t-top and got into my RS and headed out home.

On my way home, I was cruising and got behind this late 80's early 90's Integra 4 door, fart cannon and wheels and maybe aftermarket springs. He was zippin in and out of traffic and using no signals and acting like an asshat. Then he slowed down and hopped into the lane beside me and I kinda am wondering WTF he is doing. Its some clown with his buddy and they are both all peering and looking over at my car. Dude is trying to get me to race him and keeps revving and jumping on it a little. I figure, hell, Why not one more time. I rev a little and give him the thumbs up. He guns it and I let him get about a car on me before I floor it and blow past him. I let out at about 80MPH and of course he does a big ***** FlyBy and I just kick back down to the speed limit and cruise home out in BFE lol.

Kills:
- late model Eclipse
- 89 IROC-Z 305 TPI
- late 80's/early 90's 4door Integra
- early 90's Taurus

***** FlyBys:
- 2 out of 4

Not too shabby for one night....its like I was a magnet tonight lol.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:31 PM

Car: 87 GMC Sierra
Engine: 350
Transmission: auto
nice kills, just be careful doing that stuff
Old 12-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 Iroc Z28
Engine: The KING of the 3rd gen TPI's.
Transmission: Beefed up T5
Axle/Gears: Aussie 3.45's
You da man
Old 12-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2002 SS
Engine: Ls1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42 posi
damn i dont kno how u take them fly by's... id put a nitrous purge out the fender right into their car when then do a fly by..get it all over the windows .. i hate that sh it they do with them cannon crap mufflers flyin by
Old 12-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350
Engine: 5.7L
Transmission: Automatic 4 speeds
Axle/Gears: 2.77
You are telling me you won over a 305 TPI with an LG4? No way...
Old 12-18-2004, 08:58 AM

Car: 92 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI, Edelbrock headers, 3in Flowmaster exhaust
Transmission: 700R4
Didn't think anyone else on here was from the Louisville area. I know the area your talking about, surprised no cops were around. Good kills.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:28 PM

Originally posted by WaOnFiRe
You are telling me you won over a 305 TPI with an LG4? No way...
Well my LG4 isnt stock man......once I put a carb it, it helped it out ALOT. The tranny is still junk so it sucks when I race and I got lucky it didnt slip any when I shifted. Look at my sig man, I got a couple "light" mods

Transporter, man I thought me and CamarosRUs were the only Louisville people on here. Yeah, when I raced the Taurus dude, theres usually always a cop at SOuthPark but I looked around and there was none....thats why I figured Id blow his doors off And the Integra I did out off Dixie before West Point...again no cops...guess they were nappin lol. I doubt Ill be racin anymore till spring, now that Im addicted to the Snap On truck and it shall be suckin my wallet dry
Old 12-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350
Engine: 5.7L
Transmission: Automatic 4 speeds
Axle/Gears: 2.77
Even with these small mods, I don't think you would beat a 305 TPI in good tune because of the times in your sig...
Old 12-18-2004, 02:48 PM

Car: 92 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI, Edelbrock headers, 3in Flowmaster exhaust
Transmission: 700R4
Sometimes I work in the East end. Will have to get together sometime. I live in Jeffersonville, IN but work in Louisville.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by WaOnFiRe
Even with these small mods, I don't think you would beat a 305 TPI in good tune because of the times in your sig...
I know of an extremely good tuned 305TPI 5 speed with headers into a full 3 inch exhaust that runs 9.3's all night at the local track.....that translates to mid/high 14's.....Once I got some backpressure, fixed my miss I had, put a better carb on (HUGE difference, doesnt bog down now and can actually stomp on it) and adjusted my timing a bit, it runs really good now. The times were back when I tried rushing myself, threw on a junk carb, had open exhaust, missing, and timing being off, not to mention my transmission SLIPPING not SHIFTING into 2nd, being the fact thats its shot and Im awaiting my TH350 swap. Anyways, this 305TPI probably wasnt in good tune though not sure.

Transporter, do you happen to visit Louisvillestreets.com? NOt that great of a site but I do like going there, 502streetscene, and even louisvillemustangs, only because of constant nagging from my Fox body buddies lol....meeting up would be cool, though the winter is making driving crap. I know Ill be at the Valley openng day though!